The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
lagerhead

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by lagerhead »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:17 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 amYour scoreboard argument is just stupid, they doxxed Special Forces, for the world to see. Its okay to admit they effed up, without the scoreboard BS, Karen.
LMAO sure they effed up. But it's not like it's hard to find who these guys are.

And the alternative is still way worse. Not a lot of chatter about all the screw ups when it was your guy. I really enjoy the false outrage from you two.
You are full of crap. If ya it’s so easy tell me who is in DEVGRU and you can pick the color.
"doxxing" is being used inappropriately...that is, unless you think someone provided names, address, embarrassing details, etc about someone in order to put them in harm's way or to embarrass them on purpose.

That's probably what is garnering you the response. It's exaggerating pejoratively something that, while having repercussions, wasn't an intentional act to cause harm.

or

https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-cent ... -is-doxing
Obviously mistakes get made. Everyone is capable of making them.
In most cases, they didn't mean for the error to occur, they regret the error.

On the other hand, some people don't care, are negligent without remorse...or worse.

Now, which do you think describes this situation?

Can you think of any situations that would be better described the second way committed by Biden?

And yeah, now here's another test: can you think of any situations committed by Trump in which the latter description better fits?

Last test, did you raise any such on these threads?
Nope, you are incorrect. Doxing is posting private or identifying info about someone, you added another layer to it that also applies.
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
doxing
/ˈdäksiNG/
noun
the action or process of searching for and publishing private or identifying information about a particular individual on the internet, typically with malicious intent.
"two websites that were previously blocked for doxing made a brief reappearance online"

AND

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing
Exactly. The first 16 words of the wiki page is exactly what happened. Peoples faces are identifiable….no?
The first 16 words? Remind me to never ask you to represent me in any negotiation or court or other conflict requiring good faith. 😉

The wiki is a long piece saying a heck of a lot more than those 16 words, as would be the case for any long explanation.

The definition, however, only takes Oxford 23 words.

Seriously, you think Biden had any malicious intent?

Now, any thoughts to my other questions?
Pull them out. Put another team in. Better yet no teams!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:28 amYour scoreboard argument is just stupid, they doxxed Special Forces, for the world to see. Its okay to admit they effed up, without the scoreboard BS, Karen.
LMAO sure they effed up. But it's not like it's hard to find who these guys are.

And the alternative is still way worse. Not a lot of chatter about all the screw ups when it was your guy. I really enjoy the false outrage from you two.
You are full of crap. If ya it’s so easy tell me who is in DEVGRU and you can pick the color.
"doxxing" is being used inappropriately...that is, unless you think someone provided names, address, embarrassing details, etc about someone in order to put them in harm's way or to embarrass them on purpose.

That's probably what is garnering you the response. It's exaggerating pejoratively something that, while having repercussions, wasn't an intentional act to cause harm.

or

On the other hand, some people don't care, are negligent without remorse...or worse.

Can you think of any situations that would be better described the second way committed by Biden?

And yeah, now here's another test: can you think of any situations committed by Trump in which the latter description better fits?

Nope, you are incorrect. Doxing is posting private or identifying info about someone, you added another layer to it that also applies.
Dictionary
doxing
/ˈdäksiNG/
noun
the action or process of searching for and publishing private or identifying information about a particular individual on the internet, typically with malicious intent.
"two websites that were previously blocked for doxing made a brief reappearance online"

AND

Exactly. The first 16 words of the wiki page is exactly what happened. Peoples faces are identifiable….no?
The first 16 words? Remind me to never ask you to represent me in any negotiation or court or other conflict requiring good faith. 😉

The wiki is a long piece saying a heck of a lot more than those 16 words, as would be the case for any long explanation.

I’d have you acquitted pre-trial, unless you were in one of those moods. 😉

No, not malicious at all, just plain stupidity.
not doxxing.

A mistake.

Now, can you think of such with Trump?
Any that he would consider errors he regrets?
Any that he made with malicious intent?

Perhaps you too would argue that Chesebro and the Kraken were "acquitted" of the charges they were indicted for because they plead out... ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:48 am

or

Dictionary
doxing
/ˈdäksiNG/
noun

AND

not doxxing.

A mistake.

Perhaps you too would argue that Chesebro and the Kraken were "acquitted" of the charges they were indicted for because they plead out... ;)
Just how I taught you what Social media gaslighting is, I have now taught you social media doxxing; happy to have helped. 😘

Perhaps ‘you’ can first admit the Biden admin did indeed screw up. I’m not familiar with anything trump did to put military operators and their families in identifiable jeopardy for the remainder of their lives by the bad guys….
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am

or

Dictionary
doxing
/ˈdäksiNG/
noun

AND

not doxxing.

A mistake.

Just how I taught you what Social media gaslighting is, I have now taught you social media doxxing; happy to have helped. 😘

Perhaps ‘you’ can first admit the Biden admin did indeed screw up. I’m not familiar with anything trump did to put military operators and their families in identifiable jeopardy for the remainder of their lives by the bad guys….
I don't need to "admit" it...it's obviously a screw up, as I've repeatedly said. Easy peasy. They clearly are chagrined that they made this inadvertent error.

The opposite of malicious, or even negligence with no remorse.

Not identical "error'...rather more malicious and no remorse.

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/trumps-d ... d=47449304

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... ?gnt-cfr=1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ndictment/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/26/us/p ... spies.html

And that's not including his encouragement for attacks against the Congress, VP, etc Jan 6...attacks on judges, FBI, etc. In these instances, he's naming the specific identities of those he considers his enemy, and thus, the enemy of his supporters. Press is the "enemy of the people" and he points at specific reporters...

But ok, you can't think of any such "errors'.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:56 am

or

Dictionary
doxing
/ˈdäksiNG/
noun

AND

not doxxing.

A mistake.

I don't need to "admit" it...it's obviously a screw up, as I've repeatedly said. Easy peasy. They clearly are chagrined that they made this inadvertent error.

The opposite of malicious, or even negligence with no remorse.

Not identical "error'...rather more malicious and no remorse.

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/trumps-d ... d=47449304

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... ?gnt-cfr=1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ndictment/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/26/us/p ... spies.html

And that's not including his encouragement for attacks against the Congress, VP, etc Jan 6...attacks on judges, FBI, etc. In these instances, he's naming the specific identities of those he considers his enemy, and thus, the enemy of his supporters. Press is the "enemy of the people" and he points at specific reporters...

But ok, you can't think of any such "errors'.
perfect, we now agree.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

No, We Cannot Afford to Fund Yet Another War

https://mises.org/wire/no-we-cannot-aff ... nother-war

In a 60 Minutes interview over the weekend, host Scott Pelley asked President Joe Biden, “Are the wars in Israel and Ukraine more than the United States can take on at the same time?” The president answered, “We can take care of both of these and still maintain our overall international defense. We have the capacity to do this, and we have an obligation to.”

In a Sky News interview released Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen gave a similar answer when asked whether the US could afford to fund another war at this time: “I think the answer is absolutely. America can certainly afford to stand with Israel and to support Israel’s military needs. And we also can and must support Ukraine in its struggle against Russia.”

This is not true. To see why, we need to understand the military goals of Washington’s allies in each conflict.

Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, the chief spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), said Saturday that Israel’s goal in Gaza is “the rout of Hamas and the elimination of its leaders after the slaughter they perpetrated.”

The first phase involved cutting off food, water, and energy to Gaza and pummeling the strip with airstrikes while Israeli forces mobilized. Now the IDF are “in formation” for a ground invasion of Gaza City. Last Friday, Israel told the 1.1 million people living in northern Gaza to leave their homes and move to the southern half of the territory.

So, it appears that the plan is to send the army into Gaza City with the goal not merely to prevent Hamas from carrying out more attacks but to overwhelmingly defeat it as a movement and kill or capture its leadership.

But the Hamas attacks revealed blind spots in Israel’s monitoring of hostile activities within Gaza. So, Israeli forces may not have a clear idea of what they’ll find in Gaza City. Hamas is known to use an unmapped tunnel system to move around the city, and they have clearly been able to build and store a tremendous number of rockets undetected. Who knows what else they could be hiding.

As Hussein Ibish laid out in The Atlantic last week, the intended effect of Hamas’ terrorist attacks is “precisely the ground assault Israel is now preparing.” If a battle in Gaza City is what Hamas wants, we should not expect a quick and easy victory for the IDF. If an overwhelming defeat of Hamas is even possible, it will be enormously costly to achieve in terms of time, resources, and lives.

Ukraine presents a similar dilemma. Ukraine’s stated goal has been to drive Russian forces out of both the occupied portions of eastern Ukraine and the Crimean Peninsula. The American public has so far been forced to provide $44 billion, along with an amount of military equipment so massive that Washington’s stockpiles have been greatly diminished.

We were told the Ukrainian forces would begin retaking territory with the launch of the so-called counteroffensive this past summer. The campaign started on June 5. It pitted a US-armed, US-equipped, and US-trained Ukrainian force—though weakened by a fresh loss in the brutal battle for the city of Bakhmut—against a Russian army fortified by three rows of trenches and dense minefields.

Months later, Ukraine has suffered heavy casualties and equipment losses. Yet the Russian lines remain largely unchanged. Russia still controls nearly all the territory it did at the beginning of the year. And so again, if it’s even possible for Ukrainian forces to push the Russian army out of the Donbas and Crimea, it would be enormously expensive and cost a lot of lives.

Therefore, Biden and Yellen’s calls to fund the wars in both Gaza and Ukraine would put a heavy financial burden on the American people—forcing us to pay for military campaigns that will almost certainly fail.

I asked Mises Institute fellow Jonathan Newman about the American public’s ability to bear this financial burden. He said,

Right now, US consumers are in a tight spot. Their savings have dwindled, even after running through the pandemic stimulus, and their budgets are strained by the steepest price inflation in decades. Both housing and nonhousing debt are at record highs, and this is all while interest rates are climbing.

Increasing the tax burden at this time to fund wars in faraway lands would probably be unpopular. This is typically the case, which is why money printing has been the political class’s preferred method of financing wars. But as Newman explained, the burden is just as real:

The fact that the Fed can whip up trillions of dollars does not negate the fact that wars are expensive. Waging war requires a massive amount of real resources like steel, textiles, food, human labor, and computers. These things do not magically appear once the government decides to issue a new bond that eventually gets bought by the Fed with newly printed money. When these resources are commandeered for war, Americans pay for it in the form of higher prices. This inflation tax, while subtle, performs the same function as other taxes: it extracts resources from the private economy for the state’s purposes.

In other words, the current monetary system makes it seem as though Washington can fix all the world’s problems without the need for more taxes, but, in reality, our wealth is just confiscated indirectly through inflation rather than directly through taxation.

The savings-starved, debt-ridden, inflation-strained American public needs to heal. Forcing us to fund a deadly stalemate in Ukraine has been a disaster. And taking even more to bankroll the coming devastation in Gaza only makes things worse.

The USA needs to stop sticking its nose up the asses of foreign warmongers. Their troubles are no concern of ours. We need to use our resources to stop our own problems, not theirs.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:47 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:00 pm Uh-Oh.....There are still images on the net of him....

He says it was "by mistake" (sounds doubtful to me, but he's admitting he did pull it, somehow thinking it would help him open a door faster?)...pretty darn dumb statements are being made calling it akin to Jan 6...

https://www.news10.com/news/politics/ap ... ding-bill/

But a big nothing burger, regardless.
in all of my life working in 100’s of buildings, I have NEVER seen a fire alarm pull station not clearly marked to make ANYONE think otherwise.
me too, though not so many!
I have seen confusing signage in hospitals on elevator doors, button for up or down easily confused with alarm button.

Regardless, but in comparison with actual serious ethics issues, this is a true nothing burger... the GOP can't bring themselves to even expel George Santos.
Full video. Bowman is a liar. Never even tried to use door after pulling alarm. He should be expelled and it’s a felony.

https://x.com/greg_price11/status/17176 ... a82I2GssRg
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:00 pm Uh-Oh.....There are still images on the net of him....

He says it was "by mistake" (sounds doubtful to me, but he's admitting he did pull it, somehow thinking it would help him open a door faster?)...pretty darn dumb statements are being made calling it akin to Jan 6...

in all of my life working in 100’s of buildings, I have NEVER seen a fire alarm pull station not clearly marked to make ANYONE think otherwise.
I have seen confusing signage in hospitals on elevator doors, button for up or down easily confused with alarm button.

Regardless, but in comparison with actual serious ethics issues, this is a true nothing burger... the GOP can't bring themselves to even expel George Santos.
Full video. Bowman is a liar. Never even tried to use door after pulling alarm. He should be expelled and it’s a felony.

He would have been expelled just a few years ago. Pulling a fire alarm in a crowed building is horribly dangerous, and irresponsible.

But you let Trump and your fellow R's set the bar, YA. Now? This is just another day in Congress.

Where's your call for Thomas, YA? Forget about him?

You asked for this. This is what you get.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:03 pm

He would have been expelled just a few years ago. Pulling a fire alarm in a crowed building is horribly dangerous, and irresponsible.

But you let Trump and your fellow R's set the bar, YA. Now? This is just another day in Congress.

YA doesn’t care what Clarence does or anyone else that he roots for does. Making fun of the other team is how they roll… a guy I work with said he heard the Maine shooter was a Democrat….
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Yea, the "if jimmy jumps off a bridge are you going to follow him", model works well for 4 year olds. Happy to hear you agree your side is equally is stupid and bullet proof from the law. And just pure laughable, again, that you think it all started with Trump. Who knew Trump was so powerful, enough so, that he completely changed how the world views breaking the laws.....and in only 4 short years. :lol:
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:42 pm

:lol: :lol: Yea, the "if jimmy jumps off a bridge are you going to follow him", model works well for 4 year olds. Happy to hear you agree your side is equally is stupid and bullet proof from the law. And just pure laughable, again, that you think it all started with Trump. Who knew Trump was so powerful, enough so, that he completely changed how the world views breaking the laws.....and in only 4 short years. :lol:
They're not my side, my man. What part of "pulling a fire alarm is horribly dangerous" did you miss?. If I was in charge, Santos, Boebert, and this fire-alarm pulling idiot would all be gone.

It all started with your party looking the other way, with Trump not once, not twice, but three freaking times. It's when you hit bottom, and you keep right on digging.

You keep saying that we don't get Trump.

What you don't want to hear is what he's done to Republican voters----and what he's done to what your fellow R voters view as right and wrong, YA. You have no bottom anymore. You just don't care. Party first, values are not even on your list anymore. If they were? There is NO WAY Trump would be anywhere close to your nominee. You'd quit the party first.

If you've done that? You have my full support, as well as my full apology. Did you leave your party? And tell them why you left?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:29 pm

They're not my side, my man. What part of "pulling a fire alarm is horribly dangerous" did you miss?. If I was in charge, Santos, Boebert, and this fire-alarm pulling idiot would all be gone.

It all started with your party looking the other way, with Trump not once, not twice, but three freaking times. It's when you hit bottom, and you keep right on digging.

You keep saying that we don't get Trump.

What you don't want to hear is what he's done to Republican voters----and what he's done to what your fellow R voters view as right and wrong, YA. You have no bottom anymore. You just don't care. Party first, values are not even on your list anymore. If they were? There is NO WAY Trump would be anywhere close to your nominee. You'd quit the party first.

If you've done that? You have my full support, as well as my full apology. Did you leave your party? And tell them why you left?
I’ve probably said it a dozen times, I’m not a trump supporter. And quoting the party because of a rogue candidate is like quitting being Christian b/c of some rogue sect….You make it sound like there no more good guys on the right. That’s be like MDLAX signing up to be a democrat, as much as he tells us he’s a republican. Nuance needs to be applied….I can call Bowman out from the clear cut video evidence and also call out that Trump is not fit for office.

We are fighting for the same thing….civility and decorum.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:48 pm
I’ve probably said it a dozen times, I’m not a trump supporter. And quoting the party because of a rogue candidate is like quitting being Christian b/c of some rogue sect….You make it sound like there no more good guys on the right. That’s be like MDLAX signing up to be a democrat, as much as he tells us he’s a republican. Nuance needs to be applied….I can call Bowman out from the clear cut video evidence and also call out that Trump is not fit for office.

You and OS keep saying this...that you have no power. I'm sorry, you're wrong.

If even 100K R's left the party over Trump, and emailed why? Trump would never have shown up on the ballot. It's their biggest fear.

Staying in the party, coupled with how Trump polls with R voters tells the R party: yes, we LOVE this guy, more please.

I would 100% expect you leave Christianity immediately if it turned out the Trump was the leader of Christianity.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:51 pm

If even 100K R's left the party over Trump, and emailed why? Trump would never have shown up on the ballot. It's their biggest fear.

Staying in the party, coupled with how Trump polls with R voters tells the R party: yes, we LOVE this guy, more please.

I would 100% expect you leave Christianity immediately if it turned out the Trump was the leader of Christianity.
he would find an excuse for not leaving....like Trump is only the leader of christian values because people mistreat him.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

You helped make this stuff be the least worst thing in congress. If he should be expelled, half the R congress should be too. Great job my man.

Also, we all know you don't actually care what he did. You can say it, we understand. You're amongst lacrosse friends.

You don't understand how he came to be in power.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It's OK to pull fire alarms because of Trump = Toddler logic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

equally?

Bowman did something quite stupid, but come on, not remotely "equal".
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:24 pmIt's OK to pull fire alarms because of Trump = Toddler logic.
Oh man I can taste the crocodile tears. Keep crying. A fire alarm? When the speaker of the house refused to certify the Election? JFC you POS.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:24 pm

It's ok to punish someone for pulling a fire alarm, but heaven forbid Der Leader and his minions are punished. Deep State!

I mean, seriously????
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:24 pm

As usual, you have it backwards: I want both Trump and a fire alarm puller out of Federal government.

On the other hand? If I used the logic you'ved use to defend Trump? Here ya go:

1. He pulled the alarm because the FBi tricked him into doing it
2. Pulling the alarm is no big deal 'because no one got hurt" (remember that one?"
3. I don't care that he pulled the alarm, I like his policies.
4. it's Republican's fault that this guy was elected, "therefore" OS is to blame for the pulled alarm. And if you don't understand that you're to blame fo the pulled alarm, you're blind, OS. Also, the National Review says it's your fault the alarm was pulled.
5. I have no power to keep this guy from pulling the alarm, so I'm just gonna eat popcorn while he pulls it again.
6. The more you try and prosecute this guy for pulling the alarm, OS? The more Dems will vote for him, and other alarm-pullers.
7. We need an immediate investigation into the Federal investigators who caught this guy pulling the alarm. They're "weaponizing the FBI".

...and that's just the short list. I could go on.

Return to “POLITICS”