January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:12 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm They're happy to abuse any power to take him out. They could do the same to any of us or anyone who threatens their power.
Your crew made the same argument when you were defending Nixon, OS. Same nonsense. You want these people to keep breaking laws because they're in your party. That's all your complaining is about.

He's unfit for office, and you're on here pretending to be surprised by all this.

How many people are in jail because they followed this man, OS?

You can pretend all you want...you know perfectly well folks are sitting in jail and with suspended and/or lost law licenses because they followed Trump. That's what happens when you follow unethical, immoral men-----and do illegal and unethical things, OS.
check your history.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/azdc/20 ... /13497493/
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:08 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.
Then stop gaslighting us, and respect your fellow posts enough to make honest posts if you don't want this response.

You know perfectly well that a felony conviction is a felony conviction, and that an American's party affiliation has nothing to do with it.
:lol: ...that's a joke, right ?

FTR -- Mike Flynn was not convicted of anything.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:56 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.
Then stop gaslighting us, and respect your fellow posts enough to make honest posts if you don't want this response.

You know perfectly well that a felony conviction is a felony conviction, and that an American's party affiliation has nothing to do with it.

Flynn was convicted of the crime he committed - lying to the Feds. YOUR people tried to weasel his sentencing and then pardoned him.
What many of us still want to know is why he was so evasive in the first place. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:32 am

Flynn was convicted of the crime he committed - lying to the Feds. YOUR people tried to weasel his sentencing and then pardoned him.
What many of us still want to know is why he was so evasive in the first place. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Because the feds wanted to drag his son into their chitshow. It's called blackmail. You tell us what we want to hear or we will go after your kid. The lesson from this is if a couple of smiling feds want to have a chat tell em to go f**k themselves and talk to my lawyer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:59 am The stupidity, or worse, of those arguing that copping to a single felony charge for conspiracy with 3 others to do a core predicate act of the overall conspiracy is not helpful to the RICO theory is all so predictable.

Whether this is because of true ignorance of RICO or willful deception is another matter. I think at this point, it's willful deception.
I first asked our resident attorneys if the plea to a single misdemeanor wasn’t the RICO specific one meant the RICO case wasn’t that strong wasn’t meant as an attempt to persuade. It was an honest attempt to find out.
Article about some of the issues (it'll at least divert us from the criminal Mike Flynn): Excerpt --

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/2 ... d-00122795

"“Ms. Powell must have offered Georgia a lot for this deal. In the meantime, ordinary J6 defendants, who listened to her, get severe sentences,” Pattis said. “None of this promotes respect for the law..”

Biggs, one of Rehl’s co-defendants, was sentenced last month to 17 years in prison for seditious conspiracy and other felony convictions. Shroyer, who pleaded to a single misdemeanor, was sentenced recently to 60 days in prison.

Other Jan. 6 defense attorneys, however, said it’s not surprising that Powell’s cooperation was a white whale for prosecutors. Her cooperation could reshape the calculus of many of Trump’s other co-defendants, arm prosecutors with explosive new evidence and even influence special counsel Jack Smith’s ongoing probe in which Powell has been identified as an as-yet-uncharged co-conspirator.

Powell, they say, simply has something to offer that most Jan. 6 defendants do not.

“They really, really wanted her cooperation. She will be an explosively helpful witness,” said Gene Rossi, who represents William Isaacs, a Jan. 6 defendant who joined members of the Oath Keepers at the Capitol. “If I were the state prosecutor, I could not ask for a better … cooperator testifying against President Trump and the others than the attorney who was going to be the special counsel for the ‘stop the steal’ investigation.”
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Trump trial will be on TV. The day the Kraken gets cross examined will be must see TV.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

njbill wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:47 am The Trump trial will be on TV. The day the Kraken gets cross examined will be must see TV.
Super Bowl level ratings. Trump’s so stupid he’ll be bragging about it.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:02 am Because the feds wanted to drag his son into their chitshow. It's called blackmail. You tell us what we want to hear or we will go after your kid. The lesson from this is if a couple of smiling feds want to have a chat tell em to go f**k themselves and talk to my lawyer.
Hogwash. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:55 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:45 pm With probation & no jail time. That's a Hunter level sweetheart deal.
Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.
nah, what a football coach famously said in response to a question why the team wasn't wing... "we need more burglars on this team".

It won't be long before our resident 'saltlicker' chimes in to tell us that we need more tough guys in the military, war is hell, etc...
So you think war isn't hell?? You don't think the military is desperately in need of tough men and women? Wish you had been around to share on some of our forced road marches. 30 miles with full combat gear in under 8 hours. I don't know if that made me tough, but it sure as hell wore my ass into the ground. IMO tough was always a state of mind. You did what you were ordered to do and our own personal pride took over from there. Outside of digging left hand ditches and throwing around bales of hay you only enjoyed a rudimentary level of how much physical punishment your body can absorb. Why don't you ask OS what SEER/SERE training was all about?
FTR for as hypersensitive as you are who whines about personal attacks you sure take great pride in insulting and humiliating OS. Fortunately I have no issues at all when it comes to hurting your sensitive feelings. Matter of fact I kinda enjoy it... :D
:lol: right on cue, 🧂🥾👅

This your kind of tough guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Chesebro
:lol: ...don't tell MD what the military needs. He knows everything about everything.

How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.

They think that I'm the only vet who thinks that Trump's enemies are a greater threat than Trump.
They're happy to abuse any power to take him out. They could do the same to any of us or anyone who threatens their power.
Flynn was the appetizer, Trump is the main course.
The point was that you don't care about the rule of law. Misdemeanors, felonies, fraud, rape, conspiracies against the United States, insurrection...nothing matters to you, because "Trump's enemies are a greater threat than Trump"

"abuse any power" = prosecution for crimes. Can't prosecute, impeach. "Ohh no, that's "political", he can be prosecuted" Ohh no, prosecuting crimes is an "abuse of power". :roll:

I can't speak for a fan, but I took the USNA barb to be pointed at the paradox of someone with your background caring nothing for the rule of law. There was no shot at the USNA because they obviously DO NOT admit applicants with felony convictions. But you would.

My barb at cradle, and you, was because of the discussions we had about war crimes committed by US service men. You and cradle defended them, as Trump treated them as if heroes, not simply because of actual heroism, which they otherwise might have deserved, but because of the war crimes.

And yeah, Flynn was/is a lying, bigoted player who should have never been close to power. No prior honorable service excused how far off his rocker he'd gone, and yet you, of course, rallied to him by instinct. His subsequent behaviors have only firmly confirmed what anyone actually paying attention knew right away. A man willing to commit crimes in order to be able to exercise power.

Again, you (and they) don't care about the rule of law, if it in any way impedes your "policy" goals.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:40 am I can't speak for a fan, but I took the USNA barb to be pointed at the paradox of someone with your background caring nothing for the rule of law. There was no shot at the USNA because they obviously DO NOT admit applicants with felony convictions. But you would.
Nailed it. Except I didn't name the school OS graduated from....he did.

What's more....OS is gaslighting, and posturing for the forum. He knows perfectly well these R's broke laws, and were convicted justly.

He's just playing games, and directing his anger at anyone but Trump and his toadies for breaking these laws. He knows what they did is wrong.

He, like so many Republicans, is just throwing a temper tantrum instead of simply saying: these people are unfit for office, and the system is simply clearing them out.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:02 am

Because the feds wanted to drag his son into their chitshow. It's called blackmail. You tell us what we want to hear or we will go after your kid. The lesson from this is if a couple of smiling feds want to have a chat tell em to go f**k themselves and talk to my lawyer.
For the plethora of your inane and incorrect Biden family related posts this is awesome how unaware you are.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:19 am
njbill wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:47 am The Trump trial will be on TV. The day the Kraken gets cross examined will be must see TV.
Super Bowl level ratings. Trump’s so stupid he’ll be bragging about it.
Black OS on the legal system

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XXc3O6GMZt0
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Classic Trump now denying Sydney Powell was ever his lawyer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/22/politics ... index.html

and yet:
https://media-cdn.factba.se/realdonaldt ... 103746.jpg

But what I don't quite get is why it would be better for his defense that she wasn't his attorney...if so, he now can't claim that he was relying on her, as his attorney, for advice. I guess she's only someone who he met with over and over again to discuss the election denialism strategy and gameplan...does he think you need to be a lawyer to be a co-conspirator? Or that it's worse to have lawyers as co-conspirators? :roll: :?

No worries, the Trump Campaign did sign a formal representation agreement with John Eastman. :?

Rudy formerly had a representation agreement, if I recall, but never got paid for his work on the election fraud case though that same tweet by Trump claims him as his attorney:
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/trump-a ... -team.html
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:15 pm Classic Trump now denying Sydney Powell was ever his lawyer.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/22/politics ... index.html

and yet:
https://media-cdn.factba.se/realdonaldt ... 103746.jpg

But what I don't quite get is why it would be better for his defense that she wasn't his attorney...if so, he now can't claim that he was relying on her, as his attorney, for advice. I guess she's only someone who he met with over and over again to discuss the election denialism strategy and gameplan...does he think you need to be a lawyer to be a co-conspirator? Or that it's worse to have lawyers as co-conspirators? :roll: :?

No worries, the Trump Campaign did sign a formal representation agreement with John Eastman. :?

Rudy formerly had a representation agreement, if I recall, but never got paid for his work on the election fraud case though that same tweet by Trump claims him as his attorney:
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/trump-a ... -team.html
Good. Waives or obliterates any privilege between them (if the crime/fraud exception didn’t do it first). He really is a moron.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.cato.org/blog/two-things-ne ... flynn-case

Flynn has not yet been formally convicted of that crime because the conviction does not technically happen until the sentence is pronounced.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:40 am I can't speak for a fan, but I took the USNA barb to be pointed at the paradox of someone with your background caring nothing for the rule of law. There was no shot at the USNA because they obviously DO NOT admit applicants with felony convictions. But you would.
What a weasel word denial. :oops:
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.
Here is afan's shot at my "old school" (USNA).
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:13 pm

Flynn has not yet been formally convicted of that crime because the conviction does not technically happen until the sentence is pronounced.
“In the 1833 case of United States v. Wilson, the Supreme Court ruled that a pardon could be rejected by the convict. Due to the findings in the 1925 case, Burdick v. United States, it seems as though accepting a pardon is, in fact, admitting guilt. In Burdick the appellant was offered a pardon but declined it, also refusing to testify in criminal court. The opinion of the case given by the justices seemed to uncover that 1) a pardon can be given before a conviction and sentence; 2) a pardon can be refused, and 3) acceptance of a pardon implies acceptance of guilt. ”

https://courtmartiallaw.com/military-la ... mit-guilt/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

How is that a shot? USNA admits kids with felony convictions? Seems to me he was implying that USNA has standards and principles….you took it to mean something otherwise?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:13 pm

“In the 1833 case of United States v. Wilson, the Supreme Court ruled that a pardon could be rejected by the convict. Due to the findings in the 1925 case, Burdick v. United States, it seems as though accepting a pardon is, in fact, admitting guilt. In Burdick the appellant was offered a pardon but declined it, also refusing to testify in criminal court. The opinion of the case given by the justices seemed to uncover that 1) a pardon can be given before a conviction and sentence; 2) a pardon can be refused, and 3) acceptance of a pardon implies acceptance of guilt. ”

https://courtmartiallaw.com/military-la ... mit-guilt/
So Old Salt stating an opinion as a fact is wrong….again?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 pm

You see the letters USNA anywhere?

I didn't name it. YOU did. Get it?

Trying to respect your privacy, and you're seriously on me about it?

Talking past each other. It's what we do.....

Return to “POLITICS”