January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:54 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:38 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:32 pm Cheese takes a plea.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/20/politics ... index.html
I guess that about wraps up this portion of this thread. :lol:

Stay tuned for the Andy McCarthy article on how this has nothing to do with the case against Donald Trump.
:lol: :lol:
And we'll be called "blind" for not agreeing with him.
Yet another co-conspirator who won't be convicted of violating GA's RICO Act.
6 of 7 charges dropped. Impressive prosecution. Why leave out Mike Flynn ?
That's right, OS. Felonies are no big deal anymore.

This is where you're at, finally: felonies are cool with you, but you lose your mind if someone is gay and tries to take a job that everyone else gets to have.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:21 pm

Stay tuned for the Andy McCarthy article on how this has nothing to do with the case against Donald Trump.
That's right, OS. Felonies are no big deal anymore.

This is where you're at, finally: felonies are cool with you, but you lose your mind if someone is gay and tries to take a job that everyone else gets to have.
With probation & no jail time. That's a Hunter level sweetheart deal.
WT*F are you talking about re, gay jobs. Desperately throwing sh!t against the wall.
Another trolling toddler tantrum.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Delusional
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:15 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:08 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:36 am It is looking like all the other trump advisors are ready and willing to throw their former boss under the bus. Amongst all of this chaos trump is still the prohibitive favorite to win the Republican nomination. What is even more mind boggling...trump might even win. So 2024 is possibly looking like a 2020 rerun. Yippee!!!
I'll be stunned if the outcome of this isn't the following....

-TrumpPals get plea deals
-Trump skates on charges from technicalities surrounding the fact that he was an elected official
-Trump wins election
Not sure what you mean by the second "outcome," but you need to be mindful that Trump can only, only be understood to be a candidate for office; his official duties didn't include the rally at the Capitol, the calls to Raffensberger, and all of the other fomenting and scheming. If simply "holding office" is enough to immunize an elected official, then the power of incumbency will become even more overwhelming than it is now, and elections will become charades to maintain incumbency on a dramatically (more) tilted playing field.
yeah, I don't think even this SCOTUS would go for that.

I do think the GOP will nominate him even if he's clearly going to be convicted or even if he has been convicted by then. He'll still be in an appeal process.

But I pray the country won't elect him.
Here is a very rare occurrence, I agree with you and hope like heck he doesn't win. The fact that is even remotely possible boggles my mind. Someday some fancy Hollywood person is going to make a movie about this. They don't even need to write the story. The story is writing itself. :roll:
They already made it - Nightmare on Elm Street.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which version of Nightmare are you referring to. They made about 20 of them didn't they? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:27 am ...Kraken...
...meanwhile, she'll be in jail under the misdemeanors.
Got a source or confirmation that she'll be incarcerated until trial & sentencing, or out on bail. or your speculation ?
Why would you cut the surrounding paragraph?
Yes, if she violates probation.

In Georgia, like Maryland, if you violate probation for a misdemeanor, you go to jail. The more serious the misdemeanor and whether you have had multiple, then the incarceration increases.

And she has multiple misdemeanors.

I feel confident she'd be inside jail awaiting trial for the indictments that been dropped.

https://www.bullardappeals.com/blog/wha ... 0in%20jail.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The stupidity, or worse, of those arguing that copping to a single felony charge for conspiracy with 3 others to do a core predicate act of the overall conspiracy is not helpful to the RICO theory is all so predictable.

Whether this is because of true ignorance of RICO or willful deception is another matter. I think at this point, it's willful deception.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

It's kind of irrelevant that they dropped the RICO counts. He pleaded GUILTY to the FELONY CONSPIRACY charge on the Fake electors plot and can possibly implicate some of the other big fish - like Meadows, Giuliani and even the Orange Fatso.

Because its a felony charge, he cannot practice law until he completes the six years of probation successfully.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:59 am The stupidity, or worse, of those arguing that copping to a single felony charge for conspiracy with 3 others to do a core predicate act of the overall conspiracy is not helpful to the RICO theory is all so predictable.

Whether this is because of true ignorance of RICO or willful deception is another matter. I think at this point, it's willful deception.
I first asked our resident attorneys if the plea to a single misdemeanor wasn’t the RICO specific one meant the RICO case wasn’t that strong wasn’t meant as an attempt to persuade. It was an honest attempt to find out.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:45 pm With probation & no jail time. That's a Hunter level sweetheart deal.
Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:59 am The stupidity, or worse, of those arguing that copping to a single felony charge for conspiracy with 3 others to do a core predicate act of the overall conspiracy is not helpful to the RICO theory is all so predictable.

I first asked our resident attorneys if the plea to a single misdemeanor wasn’t the RICO specific one meant the RICO case wasn’t that strong wasn’t meant as an attempt to persuade. It was an honest attempt to find out.
Sorry, I tried to answer your question, SCLaxAttack. I don't see that a plea to something other than the RICO count means that the Rico allegations against the remaining defendants is weak.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:06 am

understood; it was a reasonable, open ended question.

It's those who, after having had a chance to learn, took the position that it means the AG doesn't have a strong case to whom I was referring.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:45 pm With probation & no jail time. That's a Hunter level sweetheart deal.
Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.
nah, what a football coach famously said in response to a question why the team wasn't wing... "we need more burglars on this team".

It won't be long before our resident 'saltlicker' chimes in to tell us that we need more tough guys in the military, war is hell, etc...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:55 pm

nah, what a football coach famously said in response to a question why the team wasn't wing... "we need more burglars on this team".

It won't be long before our resident 'saltlicker' chimes in to tell us that we need more tough guys in the military, war is hell, etc...
So you think war isn't hell?? You don't think the military is desperately in need of tough men and women? Wish you had been around to share on some of our forced road marches. 30 miles with full combat gear in under 8 hours. I don't know if that made me tough, but it sure as hell wore my ass into the ground. IMO tough was always a state of mind. You did what you were ordered to do and our own personal pride took over from there. Outside of digging left hand ditches and throwing around bales of hay you only enjoyed a rudimentary level of how much physical punishment your body can absorb. Why don't you ask OS what SEER/SERE training was all about?
FTR for as hypersensitive as you are who whines about personal attacks you sure take great pride in insulting and humiliating OS. Fortunately I have no issues at all when it comes to hurting your sensitive feelings. Matter of fact I kinda enjoy it... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:42 pm

So you think war isn't hell?? You don't think the military is desperately in need of tough men and women? Wish you had been around to share on some of our forced road marches. 30 miles with full combat gear in under 8 hours. I don't know if that made me tough, but it sure as hell wore my ass into the ground. IMO tough was always a state of mind. You did what you were ordered to do and our own personal pride took over from there. Outside of digging left hand ditches and throwing around bales of hay you only enjoyed a rudimentary level of how much physical punishment your body can absorb. Why don't you ask OS what SEER/SERE training was all about?
FTR for as hypersensitive as you are who whines about personal attacks you sure take great pride in insulting and humiliating OS. Fortunately I have no issues at all when it comes to hurting your sensitive feelings. Matter of fact I kinda enjoy it... :D
:lol: right on cue, 🧂🥾👅

This your kind of tough guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Chesebro
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:21 pm

:lol: ...don't tell MD what the military needs. He knows everything about everything.

How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.

They think that I'm the only vet who thinks that Trump's enemies are a greater threat than Trump.
They're happy to abuse any power to take him out. They could do the same to any of us or anyone who threatens their power.
Flynn was the appetizer, Trump is the main course.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm
How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.
Then stop gaslighting us, and respect your fellow posts enough to make honest posts if you don't want this response.

You know perfectly well that a felony conviction is a felony conviction, and that an American's party affiliation has nothing to do with it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm They're happy to abuse any power to take him out. They could do the same to any of us or anyone who threatens their power.
Your crew made the same argument when you were defending Nixon, OS. Same nonsense. You want these people to keep breaking laws because they're in your party. That's all your complaining is about.

He's unfit for office, and you're on here pretending to be surprised by all this.

How many people are in jail because they followed this man, OS?

You can pretend all you want...you know perfectly well folks are sitting in jail and with suspended and/or lost law licenses because they followed Trump. That's what happens when you follow unethical, immoral men-----and do illegal and unethical things, OS.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Gotta think cheetohs “reliance on counsel” defense gets a lot weaker when his lawyers are all convicted. And when they all testify it was all bull shirt the whole time.

I’m calling the noxious Jenna Ellis as the next lawyer to flip.

Eastman seems like enough of a crackpot to go down with the ship.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Except you’ve become such a cartoon that your efforts are just a clown show, they don’t have any impact on anyone because of the delivery and more importantly the messenger.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:21 pm

:lol: ...don't tell MD what the military needs. He knows everything about everything.

They think that I'm the only vet who thinks that Trump's enemies are a greater threat than Trump.
They're happy to abuse any power to take him out. They could do the same to any of us or anyone who threatens their power.
Flynn was the appetizer, Trump is the main course.
No “they” dont. Quite the manifesto. Too bad it’s manifested from thin air and delusional.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWlvGijfOQ
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”