Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:14 am I’ve never met a lower economic class person on the board of a bank. Ever.
Small local rural bank. 2 small business owners who used it daily for deposits & change, felt it necessary to keep it available.
Small fish in a shallow pond.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:41 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:35 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:07 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:28 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:19 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:41 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:52 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:11 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:20 am Half way across the country and 26 students.

https://elementaryschools.org/directory ... edar-hill/

What BS. I communicate with Russians so clearly I understand everything about their country.

But the county being 90% white does explain some things.

Delusions are strong. Tortured is another projection. Like all of his reality.

It’s also a wealthy county-median HHI was $71k and low cost living vs $90k in New York County. Totally clueless and out to lunch.

https://www.missouri-demographics.com/j ... %20poverty.
certainly doesn't sound like a poor rural town...
:lol: ...as expected. FFG cites some overly broad stats for the entire county & you seize upon them to question the veracity of my description of my hometown.

Here's some more precise stats for my unincorporated home town.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Hill,_Missouri
The median income for a household in the CDP was $35,481, and the median income for a family was $43,214. Males had a median income of $40,160 versus $21,074 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $15,599. About 5.7% of families and 12.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.1% of those under age 18 and 8.8% of those age 65 or over.

JeffCo is bounded on the N by metro STL county & on the E by the MS River. The N end is populated by more relatively affluent commuters & the E end by older established & more developed River & RR towns. My home town is near the more rural W edge of the county.
When I grew up there, it was mainly a rural farm town & a distant Xurb of StL connected by a windy 2 lane Hwy.
After I left, the Hwy was gradually upgraded to 4 lanes & more blue collar commuters were attracted by low property taxes & no residential zoning. e.g. : a mobile home park now abuts the parking lot of our family's grocery market, now operated by my brother (w/ my sister doing the bookkeeping). They are integral members of the community. I speak with them daily.
Y’all were poor?
He’s a bootstraps guy. Ask about the food stamps and assistance his family needed to survive his childhood.

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/ ... 0at%20home.

Didn’t Emmett Till get his at a grocery store in 1955 or around then?
Food stamps = transfer of wealth in some communities.
It is technically. Some folks (leftward) have jumped on me over the years here for that.

My position is make all transfers transparent and have a real cost benefit discussion. I’ve got not problems with some, but many problems with information asymmetry and excessive arbitrage from prescriptive transfers.
I remember finding a $5.00 food stamp on the street when I was in the 2nd grade… I went to the store with my two best friends and bought bags of chips, cookies and soda and candy! We had a party.
Why’s weren’t you working for that money? ;)

Guess that was pre video game because I would’ve rock some arcade action and soda personally. I used get surgical with a joystick on getting games.
Other than pinball, wasn’t much else. I had forgotten about that story until now. If you wanted to start a fight all you had to do was accuse someone of being on food stamps…. You were hoing to see a fist fight. The other sure way to fight was to laugh at someone in the grocery store when you saw their mother pay with food stamps! :lol: :lol: :lol: The funny thing is most people were on them at one time or another but didn’t want to be associated with “being on welfare”….
Yep. My day was a little more vicious and colorful with the words used but same message.

Lots of other ways to start fights too but those were high on the list.
First day of school integration via “busing” in first grade was special…

Some of my new classmates didn’t appreciate some of the lexical distinctions I made. Fortunately, at age 6 physical damage wasn’t too bad. Sure served as a crash course in “separate but equal” and related pleasantries though.
I remember those days! First year in my city coincided with the TV release of Roots…..that was a tough week.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lbqgAByAKao
I knew what it was without looking….
It was like a Siren call to me
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:05 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:14 am I’ve never met a lower economic class person on the board of a bank. Ever.
Small local rural bank. 2 small business owners who used it daily for deposits & change, felt it necessary to keep it available.
Big fish is what you mean. And deposit insurance existed then. Your dad bailed out the equity investment in the bank, not the deposits or depositors.

Then walked straight into a chain of command and control system for how long before having to negotiate with others socially in life?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

https://www.fdic.gov/resources/deposit- ... insurance/

FDIC deposit insurance protects your money in deposit accounts at FDIC-insured banks in the event of a bank failure. Since the FDIC was founded in 1933, no depositor has lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:41 am
Big fish is what you mean. And deposit insurance existed then. Your dad bailed out the equity investment in the bank, not the deposits or depositors.

Then walked straight into a chain of command and control system for how long before having to negotiate with others socially in life?
FDIC may have covered the depositors, with delays & much anxiety & the bank would have closed.
The BoD members would have still faced a financial liability.

You have an unrealistic view of military life. Don't knock it until/unless you've tried it.
If you abuse your rank in dealing with others, you do not advance.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:03 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:33 am Yes, what FFG posted "certainly doesn't sound like a poor rural town"; or a small one for that matter.

Your wiki stats are from 13 and 23 years ago.

Here's an updated look: https://datausa.io/profile/geo/cedar-hill-mo

1,761 residents; Median income $67,039
88.8% white. 98.8% US citizens.
None of the remaining households spoke another language other than English as a primary language.
Median residential property valuation was $162,300, home ownership 71%
Avg car ownership 2 cars per household.

Not poor. Also not very diverse.
Average; and the poverty rate between 11-12% is about average as well.

But in no way do I doubt your own impressions being true to you.
My econ stats were from the 2000 census, which was the closest i could find to the 1950-60's when I grew up.
The hwy to StL (30 mi) was not widened to 4 lanes until the mid 70's. More xurb commuters "sprawled" out, accordingly.
Making it less rural. It was still less upscale than the sprawl into neighboring Franklin Co & especially affluent W StL Co.
Yup, 23 years ago.

Mine are from most recent census.

Far from a poor town, it's average America economically though more white than average.

But sure, not as affluent as some areas. But it sure ain't bottom 20% poor.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:30 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:41 am

FDIC may have covered the depositors, with delays & much anxiety & the bank would have closed.
The BoD members would have still faced a financial liability.

You have an unrealistic view of military life. Don't knock it until/unless you've tried it.
If you abuse your rank in dealing with others, you do not advance.
What's your point? Youre more affluent father bailed out his other affluent friends? That's your defense of your upbringing and proof of your expertise?

Only what my family and close friends whove served have shared plus other experiences. Some have been highlly higly decorated and are names that are well known publicly. Take it up with them. The ones who didn't feel entitled to sell out their citizens because of their service unlike some former servicemembers.

And I didn't knock anything that's your projection and anxiety kicking in. I asked a question about your path. You didn't answer that but responded in a manner that confirms the question nonetheless. No one else ever has rank or chain of command, only in service. Never in any other walk of life. You have an unrealistic view of humanity and social organization. Shouldn't knock it until you try participating in it which your comments on dogs vs people betray your reality to us all.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:14 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:33 am Yes, what FFG posted "certainly doesn't sound like a poor rural town"; or a small one for that matter.

None of the remaining households spoke another language other than English as a primary language.

My econ stats were from the 2000 census, which was the closest i could find to the 1950-60's when I grew up.
The hwy to StL (30 mi) was not widened to 4 lanes until the mid 70's. More xurb commuters "sprawled" out, accordingly.
Making it less rural. It was still less upscale than the sprawl into neighboring Franklin Co & especially affluent W StL Co.
Yup, 23 years ago.

Far from a poor town, it's average America economically though more white than average.

This is how you get Make America Great Again. Manufature a past that diverges from reality and live with that mask for a long time and it's who you become.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:20 am Half way across the country and 26 students.

That's a worthless cite. I hope you do more thorough research when playing with other peoples' $$$.

If you want a more accurate picture of schools for local residents, locate on google map :
Cedar Hill Intermediate (now closed)
Maple Grove Elementary
Northwest Valley Middle School (my old HS location)
Northwest HS (relocated there after I left).
https://www.northwestschools.net/
Last edited by old salt on Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yup, 23 years ago.

You've been behind the discussion from the start. Not knowing MO or MD.
Then using current data, trying to depict my hometown in the 1950-60's, oblivious to all the changes & the nature of development sense.
When you first asked, I should have just replied -- never mind.

If you & ffg choose to brand me as an affluent, elitist (like you), knock yourself out.
This is a lacrosse forum after all. I owe it all to hard working parents, their extended family members, a resourceful wife & the US Navy.
...but I still remember where I came from & keep in touch with what & who are still there.
obtw -- I've seen similar changes in SoMd since I arrived there in 1977, & am still in touch there too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:10 pm

That's a worthless cite. I hope you do more thorough research when playing with other peoples' $$$.

If you want a more accurate picture of schools for local residents, locate on google map :
Cedar Hill Intermediate (now closed)
Maple Grove Elementary
Northwest Valley Middle School (my old HS location)
Northwest HS (relocated there after I left).
https://www.northwestschools.net/
Yes my work runs circles around yours.

It’s Beene established your full of it and contorting to make up a story that isn’t true. The ship sailed. Keep arguing doesn’t change anything except make you look more full of ish.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:26 pm

Yup, 23 years ago.

Then using current data, trying to depict my hometown in the 1950-60's, oblivious to all the changes & the nature of development sense.

If you & ffg choose to brand me as an affluent, elitist (like you), knock yourself out.
This is a lacrosse forum after all. I owe it all to hard working parents, their extended family members, a resourceful wife & the US Navy.
...but I still remember where I came from & keep in touch with what & who are still there.
obtw -- I've seen similar changes in SoMd since I arrived there in 1977, & am still in touch there too.
Out of touch you mean. Creating narratives that never reflected reality and living on false nostalgia.

Insisting that you understand everyone and everything while saying “trust me” and then using poor and weak information that often conflicts with you claims. As if we all should just now down regardless of idiotic logic, specious claims and incorrect facts while constantly moving the discussion to avoid any consequences.

And whining when folks don’t just lap up the drip off your tip.

I’ve seen changes in places since 1978. Doesn’t mean anything if I don’t define it with decent and provide decent support, quantitative and qualitative.

Your other baby quip on my source? I suspect a few here have noticed my sue of govt sites, the universally best research institutions, broadly accepted by both sides sources and peer reviewed materials and you out up the pathetic post modern version of the National review and tinfoil hat non reviewed non Scrutinized dumbass amplified information and aim Proof! So laughable.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, 23 years ago.

sorry, you're mistaken: when I picked up the discussion it was explicitly about the Eastern Shore of Maryland. And then Southern Maryland.

My misunderstanding was your mentioning the poor rural town your family lives in still today...in the context of that conversation. I mistakenly assumed you were describing a town in MD, forgetting prior discussions of you having grown up in MO. I wondered which town in SoMD you were describing, as that was what had been getting discussed.

What was the relevance of your hometown to the discussion of the Eastern Shore or SoMD? I still don't see that connection, really.

But yeah, the town you grew up in was and still remains pretty middle America, average economically (though I bet lower cost of living than major coastal suburbs), and whiter than average. But not the kind or economically desperate place that some of rural America suffers. (partly do racial composition, and the legacy of past discrimination in MO, I suspect).

I make no assumptions about you other than what you post. Sounds like you grew up in a relatively well off family family (relative to immediate neighbors) with corresponding social status...big fish in small pond. Nothing wrong with that, of course...and you managed to get out of town, served, etc. More power to you. From your own statements, you are affluent. Nothing wrong with that of course as well!

But do you or I really understand on a personal basis what it's like to grow up poor in an economically and socially disadvantaged area, rural or urban? At best, I think we can merely try hard to be empathetic. But we should have the humility to admit that we really don't know.

I wouldn't usually throw around "elitist" as a pejorative, but your own form of "elitism" has been your frequent claim or acceptance of deserving of special respect due to your military service...frankly, I see more of that coming from other bootlickers than you, yourself, but I don't recall you ever rejecting the bootlicking...personally, I respect the dignity of anyone's hard work, but I do also value the earned expertise through education and/or experience...whether that's of a plumber or a scientist. They ain't perfect, they are human beings, but they've earned a level of expertise that I respect...just as I respect yours. and appreciate your contributions in these threads in your fields of earned expertise.

But I don't see the corresponding respect in return.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:51 am

Yup, 23 years ago.

sorry, you're mistaken: when I picked up the discussion it was explicitly about the Eastern Shore of Maryland. And then Southern Maryland.

My misunderstanding was your mentioning the poor rural town your family lives in still today...in the context of that conversation. I mistakenly assumed you were describing a town in MD, forgetting prior discussions of you having grown up in MO. I wondered which town in SoMD you were describing, as that was what had been getting discussed.

What was the relevance of your hometown to the discussion of the Eastern Shore or SoMD? I still don't see that connection, really.

But yeah, the town you grew up in was and still remains pretty middle America, average economically (though I bet lower cost of living than major coastal suburbs), and whiter than average. But not the kind or economically desperate place that some of rural America suffers. (partly do racial composition, and the legacy of past discrimination in MO, I suspect).

I make no assumptions about you other than what you post. Sounds like you grew up in a relatively well off family family (relative to immediate neighbors) with corresponding social status...big fish in small pond. Nothing wrong with that, of course...and you managed to get out of town, served, etc. More power to you. From your own statements, you are affluent. Nothing wrong with that of course as well!

But do you or I really understand on a personal basis what it's like to grow up poor in an economically and socially disadvantaged area, rural or urban? At best, I think we can merely try hard to be empathetic. But we should have the humility to admit that we really don't know.

I wouldn't usually throw around "elitist" as a pejorative, but your own form of "elitism" has been your frequent claim or acceptance of deserving of special respect due to your military service...frankly, I see more of that coming from other bootlickers than you, yourself, but I don't recall you ever rejecting the bootlicking...personally, I respect the dignity of anyone's hard work, but I do also value the earned expertise through education and/or experience...whether that's of a plumber or a scientist. They ain't perfect, they are human beings, but they've earned a level of expertise that I respect...just as I respect yours. and appreciate your contributions in these threads in your fields of earned expertise.

You don't deserve any respect MD. Respect is earned and you sure as hell have not earned it. I would not expect OS to give it to you. Imagine this, a candy ass liberal Republican, that would be you MD, trying to lecture an actual bona fide lifelong Republican who served his country with all of the dignity and respect he was raised with. I can't wait for OS to drag your ass out behind the woodshed for yet another well deserved spanking. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:12 am

Yup, 23 years ago.

You don't deserve any respect MD. Respect is earned and you sure as hell have not earned it. I would not expect OS to give it to you. Imagine this, a candy ass liberal Republican, that would be you MD, trying to lecture an actual bona fide lifelong Republican who served his country with all of the dignity and respect he was raised with. I can't wait for OS to drag your ass out behind the woodshed for yet another well deserved spanking. :D
:lol: :roll:

Yup 🥾👅
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yup, 23 years ago.

Hes more mad at me and taking it out on you.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:12 am

Yup, 23 years ago.

:lol: :roll:

Yup 🥾👅
You usually don't respond with emoticons. You should keep it up. They make more sense than your pathetic, liberal Republican ass could ever possibly verbalize. Why don't you go for a bike ride pee wee?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:47 pm

Yup, 23 years ago.

You think I'm mad at a sorry ass crackhead like you? I would pity you but that would be a waste of pity... :roll:
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:57 pm

Yup, 23 years ago.

You think I'm mad at a sorry ass crackhead like you? I would pity you but that would be a waste of pity... :roll:
where'd you come from? A...B...Cya later from this.

Nobody cares what you think. I haven't in a while. Tried, but pointless. I realize your one way ticket in life is non refundable, cancellbale or exchangeable.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:10 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:57 pm

Yup, 23 years ago.

where'd you come from? A...B...Cya later from this.

Nobody cares what you think. I haven't in a while. Tried, but pointless. I realize your one way ticket in life is non refundable, cancellbale or exchangeable.
Why would I expect you to care what I think? Your statement is true for every person. Life is a one way ticket and none of us get out alive. You had to get a doctorate degree to figure that out dumbass. Your better off sticking with math. :D
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”