Help Us Build FanLax

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Help Us Build FanLax

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 pm My suggestion is to report him/them to Admin... when they commit a foul. We currently don't have any rules about having more than one account. And I'm not sure that we want to. But having rules re: a post-er having two accounts and these two accounts are accumulating fouls, that's very different. Report them...
I believe that occurred with the former multiple identities.

Primarily trolling, as defined in the rules...when the penalties accumulated, the time in box gets extended, the new identity appears.

Which avoids the penalty...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Amazing coincidence that elonmuskrockefeller gets a penalty and then, all but immediately after, Peter Brown drops off the forum in protest...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 am Amazing coincidence that elonmuskrockefeller gets a penalty and then, all but immediately after, Peter Brown drops off the forum in protest...
Yeah. No surprise.
IMHO Admin should grant Petey his wish and send him for the deep six.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:21 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:02 am Amazing coincidence that elonmuskrockefeller gets a penalty and then, all but immediately after, Peter Brown drops off the forum in protest...
Yeah. No surprise.
IMHO Admin should grant Petey his wish and send him for the deep six.
Yes; definitely.

Here's the problem, though:
Petey can always reemerge under a new identity, new email address, spoofed IP address, and troll away...until spotted by other posters.

Permanent ban of each identity as it emerges and is identified is the only way to discourage...but it's a whack-a-mole problem.

Probably best that can be done.
There's probably some more sophisticated authentication approach that could be done, but I wouldn't really expect a site this size to have the time and resources to do so...unless someone on here is better versed with what's available, easy and cheap, these days and can help Admin et al out...
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

How do I apply to be admin? Serious inquiries only
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

BIGDAWG wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:47 pm How do I apply to be admin? Serious inquiries only
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

FWIW, this time of year is fun. Every day, one after another, lots of people who were formerly "guests" becoming post-ers. I like it. It's good for the forum.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Suggestion: Increase the # of private messages that can be stored before they need to be culled in order to make room for new.

It's a pain if you have a bunch of old messages that include personal info that you'd like to store and not lose.

Probably only matters for "power users" but should be almost zero cost to provide that storage.

Old Salt just ran into this and didn't know how to deal with it, which led me to think, 'heck, why not increase it?"
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:24 pm Suggestion: Increase the # of private messages that can be stored before they need to be culled in order to make room for new...
It was 50. I just made it in unlimited. Let me know if this didn't work.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:24 pm Suggestion: Increase the # of private messages that can be stored before they need to be culled in order to make room for new...
It was 50. I just made it in unlimited. Let me know if this didn't work.
Will do; thanks!
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Send me a banner and I will hang it at our events games and practices.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hooligan88 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:17 pm Send me a banner and I will hang it at our events games and practices.
I hope they see this offer...I think you can PM either Admin or Matnum PI?

Others have such opportunities?

The more participants, the richer the information sharing.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hooligan88 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:17 pm Send me a banner and I will hang it at our events games and practices.
What kind of banner did you have in mind? Like a vinyl banner? What size?
Caddy Day
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

Yea, a vinyl kind of banner. I would hang it up at all our events. I do a couple of events a week. At least.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”