The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2024

Post by ggait »

I am increasingly confused by what the hell Nancy Mace stands for.
She's acting like she's having a mental break. Bizarre.

My only guess is that she's embracing Gaetz, Jordan and the crazy MAGA stuff so she can fund raise for re-election. The Scarlet A t shirt was really weird and stupid.

Her critique of Scalise from 20 years ago is obvious bull shirt. Since she presumably voted for Scalise just fine to be majority leader.

Her current support for Jordan is hilarious and even a higher level of total BS.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ad-vpx.cnn
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:14 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:07 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:51 am Scalise just bailed so the clown caucus is back to square one. Acting like you are in the minority when you're actually allegedly the majority is the path back to the minority in 2024. :lol:
“Act as if”

Reports are McCarthy might slide back in.
... that would be the absolute most fitting (and embarrassing) end result for the republiCONs. :lol:
And it would be fun to watch him f**k Gaetz up with every ounce of influence he would have at that point. Even Youth would have to acknowledge his popcorn gif is perfect for that moment.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

She's acting like she's having a mental break. Bizarre. The Scarlet A t shirt was really weird and stupid.
Maybe she's advocating for Adultery, & announcing her availability.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:00 pm
She's acting like she's having a mental break. Bizarre.

My only guess is that she's embracing Gaetz, Jordan and the crazy MAGA stuff so she can fund raise for re-election. The Scarlet A t shirt was really weird and stupid.

Her critique of Scalise from 20 years ago is obvious bull shirt. Since she presumably voted for Scalise just fine to be majority leader.

Her current support for Jordan is hilarious and even a higher level of total BS.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... ad-vpx.cnn
I guess that’s it if all were getting going forward is who can be the bigger jerk for money. I wondered if it was her getting sucked into the spotlight and attention and becoming a media … https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dNeIAxll2A

I know a lot of thoughtless folks are running around this country but at what point does fundraising by dbaggery while accomplishing nothing of value to anyone create fatigue in our citizenry? How much blood can be sucked from the stones of the poor and dumb they are taking the money from (often for personal expenses and luxuries just run through PAC slush funds)?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I mean is it really inconceivable if Trump won hed throw a Caligula style “forced” orgy with Boebert, MTG, Mace, Lady G, Sarah Palin, etc?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote:
She's acting like she's having a mental break. Bizarre. The Scarlet A t shirt was really weird and stupid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:52 pm
old salt wrote:
I may puke at those faces but the concept has some merit!
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:00 pm
Her district just got gerrymandered from swing to MAGA. Pretty much explains her behavioral change. In addition, she's another moronic politician who just LOVES to be on TV talking mumbo jumbo.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:59 am
Her district just got gerrymandered from swing to MAGA. Pretty much explains her behavioral change. In addition, she's another moronic politician who just LOVES to be on TV talking mumbo jumbo.
... yes but the shirt made her mumbos look jumbo :twisted:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve spent a decent amount of time around Charleston and related areas incl HHI. Wife’s family has some roots out there printing confederate money and someone was an early county clerk where they got a 5% rip on every sale and land parcel transfer they stamped.

Other than Folly Beach and Maybe James Island areas but I didn’t think there was much gerrymandering could accomplish in that area.

My presumption was more media who-aa
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:18 am
... yes but the shirt made her mumbos look jumbo :twisted:
What possible reason do you think I had to pay attention to her in the first place?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:40 am
I’ve spent a decent amount of time around Charleston and related areas incl HHI. Wife’s family has some roots out there printing confederate money and someone was an early county clerk where they got a 5% rip on every sale and land parcel transfer they stamped.

Other than Folly Beach and Maybe James Island areas but I didn’t think there was much gerrymandering could accomplish in that area.

SCOTUS hearing the case right now

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/politics ... index.html
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Media sources reporting that Hannity is directly contacting House GOP members to support Jordan, with implicit threats…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:02 am

Thanks. Not knowing the underlying details I can say both could be true for that region.

But what’s odd is the lack of interest in competition. Pathetic. Lose once and rig the game then point at others rigging things.

Must like the policies….or those darn liberals.

For MD if he sees this rather than direct:

Austin Scott, paraphrased from some text exchanges over the weekend from republicans who are in the orgs, work with and know many of the state pols (friends who don’t pull punches with me as long as they don’t find themselves quoted in the AJC on this):

- Soft/mild
- Effete/ineffective
- Comes from some money and makes more off his seat while mouth-piecing the interests in his district which used to be incredibly crappy Tift co below Macon but now covers the southern part of the state down through Valdosta which local in Republicans until southern Democrats come back which is basically what he is.
- only job is to make sure Robbins AF base doesn’t get f**ed
- inconsequential to state despite Savannah and he’s too incompetent to drive meaningful improvement to the existing success of the Savannah port
- could likely hand the seat to a child or die in it
- “he needs to be more like Kemp and less like others who are making life difficult for normal people, but thankfully isn’t like some of those imbeciles and juvenile maniacs south of the GA border” (that’s a direct quote from a Republican who’s religious but never imposes his views on others in the moral or religious realm)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:53 am Media sources reporting that Hannity is directly contacting House GOP members to support Jordan, with implicit threats…
Seaboard is a mediocre activist IMO but they are up in News Corps a** now. Hopefully that will affect change that’s good for our country.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:31 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:53 am Media sources reporting that Hannity is directly contacting House GOP members to support Jordan, with implicit threats…
Seaboard is a mediocre activist IMO but they are up in News Corps a** now. Hopefully that will affect change that’s good for our country.
"Seaboard"?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 am

Thanks. Not knowing the underlying details I can say both could be true for that region.

But what’s odd is the lack of interest in competition. Pathetic. Lose once and rig the game then point at others rigging things.

Austin Scott, paraphrased from some text exchanges over the weekend from republicans who are in the orgs, work with and know many of the state pols (friends who don’t pull punches with me as long as they don’t find themselves quoted in the AJC on this):

- Soft/mild
- Effete/ineffective
- Comes from some money and makes more off his seat while mouth-piecing the interests in his district which used to be incredibly crappy Tift co below Macon but now covers the southern part of the state down through Valdosta which local in Republicans until southern Democrats come back which is basically what he is.
- inconsequential to state despite Savannah and he’s too incompetent to drive meaningful improvement to the existing success of the Savannah port
- “he needs to be more like Kemp and less like others who are making life difficult for normal people, but thankfully isn’t like some of those imbeciles and juvenile maniacs south of the GA border” (that’s a direct quote from a Republican who’s religious but never imposes his views on others in the moral or religious realm)
Thx; Scott's out of it. He was just a placeholder for "no" to Jordan.

I think Jordan is going to fall short.
40 hard no, 20 willing to go to floor to vote against taking the vote.

They'll need to keep looking for an answer.

But god help them and more importantly the country if they collapse and put Jordan in the role.
Idiot, seditionist, flamethrower.

Dems are continuing to offer olive branches to the rational wing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:31 am
"Seaboard"?
Sorry not even fat fingers this time like usual just mistyped before. Probably still thinking of the wretched Long John Silvers meal I had a week ago..

Starboard.

Activist Builds News Corp Stake, Plans to Seek Changes - WSJ

Lauren Thomas

Starboard Value has built a stake in and the activist shareholder plans to push for strategic and governance changes at the Wall Street Journal parent.

Starboard believes News Corp, one of the two arms of Rupert Murdoch’s media empire, trades at a significant discount to its fair market value due to its conglomerate structure, according to people familiar with the matter.

Starboard plans to recommend News Corp spin off its digital-real-estate division, which includes a stake in Australian online-property-site operator and Realtor.com parent Move Inc.

Advertisement - Scroll to Continue

The activist, run by founder and Chief Executive Jeff Smith, also plans to push News Corp to collapse its dual-class share structure, which gives the Murdochs voting power in excess of their economic ownership.

Starboard’s stake in News Corp is “sizeable,” the people said. The exact magnitude couldn’t be learned.

Reuters reported Friday that Starboard had taken a stake in News Corp.

Murdoch and his family have a roughly 40% voting stake in News Corp, according to a recent securities filing. The family has a similar voting stake in
Fox
Corp., which owns Fox News along with local TV stations and the Tubi streaming service.

That means that effecting change without their consent could be difficult. News Corp earlier this year tried unsuccessfully to sell Move to
CoStar
in a deal that would have carried a roughly $3 billion price tag.

The Murdochs last year proposed reuniting Fox and News Corp through a merger—they split apart in 2013—but withdrew the bid in January following pushback from shareholders including another activist, Irenic Capital Management, which took a roughly 2% stake in News last year and helped whip up opposition to the proposed merger. The activist was unsuccessful in convincing News Corp to spin off its real-estate websites and Dow Jones.

News Corp, which besides the Journal owns the Times of London, other newspapers and book publisher HarperCollins, is also a major player in online real estate through Realtor.com and REA, a publicly traded Australian digital-real-estate business it owns a majority of. It also has a majority stake in Australian cable-television network Foxtel.

Starboard values News Corp’s entire portfolio at over $20 billion, including about $8 billion for REA.

News Corp’s Class A shares are up roughly 14% so far this year, bringing its market capitalization to about $12 billion.

Starboard argues that News Corp’s Dow Jones business, the publisher of the Journal, Barron’s and MarketWatch, is worth more than $7 billion given the multiple of earnings that the
New York Times
’s parent trades at.

News Corp has been trying to find the right formula for digital growth amid a fierce battle for subscribers and online-ad dollars. During its past fiscal year, the company generated more than half of its revenue from digital for the first time in its history.

Chief Executive Robert Thomson earlier this year said News Corp expected to reduce head count by 5% in 2023 in the face of challenges posed by a surge in inflation and interest rates, which have affected all its businesses, especially book publishing and digital real estate.

The company will soon undergo a significant leadership shift.

Murdoch, News Corp’s executive chairman, last month said he would step away from executive and board duties at both News Corp and Fox Corp. in mid-November. His elder son, Lachlan Murdoch, who has served as co-chair of News Corp, will become sole chair of that company and will continue as Fox Corp. executive chair and CEO.

Recent investments by New York-based Starboard, established in 2002, include Salesforce; Splunk, which agreed to be acquired by Cisco last month for $28 billion; and
Outback Steakhouse
owner Bloomin’ Brands. The activist famously took full control of Olive Garden owner Darden Restaurants’ board roughly a decade ago.

Write to Lauren Thomas at [email protected]

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:30 am

- Soft/mild
- Effete/ineffective
Thx; Scott's out of it. He was just a placeholder for "no" to Jordan.

I think Jordan is going to fall short.
40 hard no, 20 willing to go to floor to vote against taking the vote.

They'll need to keep looking for an answer.

But god help them and more importantly the country if they collapse and put Jordan in the role.
Idiot, seditionist, flamethrower.

Dems are continuing to offer olive branches to the rational wing.
Still asked and I was curious too. And couldn’t help but share the quotes part, for our old moron friend PB with no J.

Tift county is a speed trap a little else. Seriously once you hit that county you best drop speed because they actually inflate the speed to hit you with a super speeder rather than shave down under +15 like most decent cops.

Used to have to deal with two banks there (CBAN ticker and Ameris Bancorp who’s subsequently changed tickers-no chance of growth there)

Looks like the short term answer is likely mcHenry
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I know Bill and maybe some others loathe the guy but I’d vote Christie over Biden 10/10 if given that option.

Return to “POLITICS”