Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:51 pm Too soon for Friedman to make that assessment without the evidence to back it up.
How does he know if/how much Israeli military officers & intel officials were distracted by Israeli domestic politics.
That's an insult to their professionalism.
Friedman, Anne Appelbaum, the Morninbg Joe crowd & you all started harping on this with no basis other than your own political agenda.
Wait for the investigation to account for what happened & why. This is not the time for that divisive, partisan nonsense.
It's easy to consider Friedman's idea. Israelis, arguably the most competent and cautious people in the world. What, other than internal politics and it's effects can explain what looks like total incompetence, and possibly hubris too, on part of Israeli gov't?

It seems Hamas planned well but I still can't believe that had anywhere near as much to do with their ability to pull this off than whatever was going on with Israel internally. Still "mind-boggling" (that's for matnum :D)

OS, I understand if you don't want to comment at this time. I'm not expecting you to.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:21 am
... no doubt the US has a lot of innocent blood on its hands as well and we do bear some responsibility for helping to create this mess.

Bingo.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Last edited by OCanada on Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What I'm noticing on this forum is rather interesting. Initially even the usual suspects, the FLP radical intolerant types actually put forward their fake compassion and pretended they were outraged at these murderous attacks. It took awhile but the FLP mission creep is sinking in. The FLP liberals are now blaming the Israelis for too extreme of a response. They are now more concerned about innocent Palestinians dying from the Israeli bombardment of Gaza. If Hamas hadn't been the gutless cowards they are these Palestinian people would not be dying. Hamas is 100% responsible for the carnage they created. Hamas is responsible for every Palestinian killed in this war they started.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:11 am What I'm noticing on this forum is rather interesting. Initially even the usual suspects, the FLP radical intolerant types actually put forward their fake compassion and pretended they were outraged at these murderous attacks. It took awhile but the FLP mission creep is sinking in. The FLP liberals are now blaming the Israelis for too extreme of a response. They are now more concerned about innocent Palestinians dying from the Israeli bombardment of Gaza. If Hamas hadn't been the gutless cowards they are these Palestinian people would not be dying. Hamas is 100% responsible for the carnage they created. Hamas is responsible for every Palestinian killed in this war they started.

Total historical illiteracy .
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Well certainly an eloquent albeit one sided and ahistorical jeremiad
Last edited by OCanada on Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

tech37 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:21 am
old salt wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:51 pm Too soon for Friedman to make that assessment without the evidence to back it up.
How does he know if/how much Israeli military officers & intel officials were distracted by Israeli domestic politics.
That's an insult to their professionalism.
Friedman, Anne Appelbaum, the Morninbg Joe crowd & you all started harping on this with no basis other than your own political agenda.
Wait for the investigation to account for what happened & why. This is not the time for that divisive, partisan nonsense.
It's easy to consider Friedman's idea. Israelis, arguably the most competent and cautious people in the world. What, other than internal politics and it's effects can explain what looks like total incompetence, and possibly hubris too, on part of Israeli gov't?

It seems Hamas planned well but I still can't believe that had anywhere near as much to do with their ability to pull this off than whatever was going on with Israel internally. Still "mind-boggling" (that's for matnum :D)

OS, I understand if you don't want to comment at this time. I'm not expecting you to.

It shoukd bs noted IDF forces were in a reduced state bcs of shabbat and a holiday. Hamas would have known that
Last edited by OCanada on Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:18 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:13 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:06 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:04 pm

No Israel? I have REPEATEDLY stated that I want a one state solution.

Please read my posts again.
Oh, I read them. What happened 60 years ago-----your words, not mine? 'member the war?

Or more to the point: how many jewish people live in your "0ne State Solutions" in neighboring Egypt or Syria?

Can't answer for either one. Do they claim to be democratic or are they self proclaimed Islamic states?
Next to zero for both.

As for claims of "Democracy.....etc." Irrelevant. The point is, the Jewish people are not welcome in those countries. You are pretending like the Muslims would play nicey-nice if the were allowed power in Israel.

I'm not any happier about this mess than you are. But if the Jewish people in the region laid down their arms? You are hopefully not so far gone to understand that it would take maybe a week or two before they'd be wiped out.

The Iranians, Syrians, and Egyptians have no such worries.

Your "one State solution" would wipe out the last remaining Jewish people in the region, Brooks. You're not being realistic, and you know it.
Israel has always wanted a one state solution. In the last decade or so they have been trying normalizing w several middle eastern states. That is one reason for the attack. They were alerted by Egypt. If they believe it can be done as it appears it can w Egypt and Jordan and developing w the Saudis then i think we can.

Israel has been a nuclear power since at least the 50. Militarily it is difficult to see how they could lose. Asymetric warfare produces strange outputs sometimes. Vietnam comes to mind. We lost

Apartheid produces civilian unrest. So does great disparities in wealth. Both are present there.

Israel broke the truce shortly after state hood as has been breaking it ever since. They began pushing Palestinians off their land ever before statehood. It is long past time to cha ge the trajectory
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:11 am What I'm noticing on this forum is rather interesting. Initially even the usual suspects, the FLP radical intolerant types actually put forward their fake compassion and pretended they were outraged at these murderous attacks. It took awhile but the FLP mission creep is sinking in. The FLP liberals are now blaming the Israelis for too extreme of a response. They are now more concerned about innocent Palestinians dying from the Israeli bombardment of Gaza. If Hamas hadn't been the gutless cowards they are these Palestinian people would not be dying. Hamas is 100% responsible for the carnage they created. Hamas is responsible for every Palestinian killed in this war they started.

Total ignorance on your part. What the f**k does historical illiteracy have to do with the attacks of one week ago? Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and enjoy the fresh air for a change. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:37 am

Oh, I read them. What happened 60 years ago-----your words, not mine? 'member the war?

Or more to the point: how many jewish people live in your "0ne State Solutions" in neighboring Egypt or Syria?

Can't answer for either one. Do they claim to be democratic or are they self proclaimed Islamic states?
Next to zero for both.

As for claims of "Democracy.....etc." Irrelevant. The point is, the Jewish people are not welcome in those countries. You are pretending like the Muslims would play nicey-nice if the were allowed power in Israel.

I'm not any happier about this mess than you are. But if the Jewish people in the region laid down their arms? You are hopefully not so far gone to understand that it would take maybe a week or two before they'd be wiped out.

Your "one State solution" would wipe out the last remaining Jewish people in the region, Brooks. You're not being realistic, and you know it.
Israel has always wanted a one state solution. In the last decade or so they have been trying normalizing w several middle eastern states. That is one reason for the attack. They were alerted by Egypt. If they believe it can be done as it appears it can w Egypt and Jordan and developing w the Saudis then i think we can.

Israel has been a nuclear power since at least the 50. Militarily it is difficult to see how they could lose. Asymetric warfare produces strange outputs sometimes. Vietnam comes to mind. We lost

Apartheid produces civilian unrest. So does great disparities in wealth. Both are present there.

Israel broke the truce shortly after state hood as has been breaking it ever since. They began pushing Palestinians off their land ever before statehood. It is long past time to cha ge the trajectory
So that justifies Hamas murdering children and babies?? Why didn't Hamas bring this fight to the Israeli military?? Maybe if you pour enough maple syrup on the problem it will be sweet enough for you. :roll: :roll: :roll: The creep from the creeps is moving even faster than I anticipated.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:40 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:13 am

Total ignorance on your part. What the f**k does historical illiteracy have to do with the attacks of one week ago? Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and enjoy the fresh air for a change. :roll:
You really are DAF when it comes to this topic. Not surprising given your history of verbal diarrhea. Thst you evem raised the question is stunning
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:46 am

Next to zero for both.

So that justifies Hamas murdering children and babies?? Why didn't Hamas bring this fight to the Israeli military?? Maybe if you pour enough maple syrup on the problem it will be sweet enough for you. :roll: :roll: :roll: The creep from the creeps is moving even faster than I anticipated.
Who said anything anout justifying killing babies and eomen although Israel has also done both. Was Israel justified in having snipers to murder some 1,500 or so youth. Clearly it is beyond your understanding and as with most of your steaming piles you drag in distractions to try can redirect the topic. People die bcs of people like you being unable to understand complex issues, get hour GED and try again
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:58 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:46 am

Next to zero for both.

Who said anything anout justifying killing babies and eomen although Israel has also done both. Was Israel justified in having snipers to murder some 1,500 or so youth. Clearly it is beyond your understanding and as with most of your steaming piles you drag in distractions to try can redirect the topic. People die bcs of people like you being unable to understand complex issues, get hour GED and try again
Simple minded people say simple minded things.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

The Onion with an pretty great commentary on the whole situation.

‘The Onion’ Stands With Israel Because It Seems Like You Get In Less Trouble For That
a fan

Post by a fan »

Next to zero for both.

Well, clearly Apartheid does not always produce civilian unrest. If it did, Egypt would be in flames, as there are zero Jewish people there.

Same for Syria and Lebanon. They are not welcome in those countries, and do not have equal rights. No one talks about this simply because it's so obvious that it's never brought up.

Point is, if the folks in the surrounding countries want the Israelis to treat the non-jewish population as equals: you go first.

This is complicated. Israeli leaders could have spent the last 20 years building Gaza into a modern city with gleaming infrastructure, to show good faith. Sadly, they did the opposite. It's a mess everywhere you look, with a small percentage of people on both sides ruining everything for the vast majority who just want to live simple, peaceful lives.
Last edited by a fan on Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Florida Rep, Cory Mills rescued 24 Americans out of Israel:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyTZFA8LswD ... BiNWFlZA==
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So how many of you on this forum forget this simple fact? Most Muslims deny the right of Israel to even exists. Where is the middle ground to begin in that discussion? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think Israel has a right to exist. The UN made that decision a long time ago.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Poland saying the quiet part out loud? https://x.com/LarryOConnor/status/17131 ... 80864?s=20
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:14 pm So how many of you on this forum forget this simple fact? Most Muslims deny the right of Israel to even exists. Where is the middle ground to begin in that discussion? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think Israel has a right to exist. The UN made that decision a long time ago.
I don’t know any muslim personally that feels that way. Do you? How did you come up with “most”?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”