Syracuse 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wahoomurf

Re: Syracuse 2019

Post by wahoomurf »

oldbartman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:29 pm Thanks fellas, sweet shot.
The 1hr 50 sec mark? It only goes to 1hr 39 min.
As I continued on I did run into this though.
Click on at 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyo4WyEnSXE&t=383s
one hour and 50 SECOND mark...
Ya mon!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:08 pm That's not right, murf, it's like saying I saw the nicest breasts on the face of the earth at the beach and not providing a picture. ;)
No video?
I'm a Luddite. Seacoaster to the rescue. :)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm
cantrelax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:05 pm Is this the first season in a while where the Orange do not have one NL contest after the ACC tourney? That was the traditional Colgate spot I recall. I would not want to be the next team to face these guys. They have to be champing at the bit to get back at it!
Two ways of seeing this I suppose...Cuse may feel left out with all the lax being played without them since they lost to Heels, and will come out p.o.ed w/ guns blazing in first round...or they may come out flat for that same reason, too much down time. I'm guessing/hoping the former...

By losing to UNC, they no longer control their 2019 destiny, and go from a possible top 4 seed, to an 8th seed if they're lucky. Depending on how things shake out, they may even be on road 1st round facing stiffer competition than if they had gone further in ACC Tourney.

Then again, the selection committee might throw in a few jaw droppers (phantom criteria) per usual, so who knows? 8-)
So orange peops, which is it? Is Cuse ready to step up to the next level?

Loyola certainly no slouch but Cuse could have drawn a tougher first round opponent. It feels like the perfect match to get things rolling again, and none too soon. ;)

Coaches/captains need to have the boys ready to play. Abundant possessions and getting to Stover early with good shot placement will win this one.

Orange D needs to resume their pre-ACC Tourney intensity/communication. Do you suppose the coaches have the team watching "film" of the Army D and how they neutered Spencer and the Hound's offense?

Play hard & smart Cuse!
DMac

Post by DMac »

tech37 wrote
Two ways of seeing this I suppose...Cuse may feel left out with all the lax being played without them since they lost to Heels, and will come out p.o.ed w/ guns blazing in first round...or they may come out flat for that same reason, too much down time. I'm guessing/hoping the former...
This is the 64 zillion dollar question, tech. While everyone else has been beating each other up and using their FOGOs like rented mules (see TD finally got a little banged up) Cuse has had plenty of time for the inevitable nagging little injuries most everyone has at this time of year to heal up. Gotta figure that's a plus (and why I didn't mind the NC loss). Of course, as you noted, the other side is how rusty will they be from such a long layoff and not experiencing that stiff competition (practice just isn't the same as game intensity)? Only way we'll find that out is by facing it off and playing the game, I guess.
For selfish reasons I wish this game were being played in the Dome but I absolutely love that the Cuse is going on the road instead. Have complained for years that this game is played on graduation week end, that's not a good thing for the Cuse (the way I see it). Too many distractions, not focused on the game. I've seen Cuse lose too many first round games to teams they should have beat and it's hard to not think the graduation goings on didn't affect those teams. The boys have to get out of town for this one and won't be distracted by all of that this year....I was hoping that was the way it would all unfold.
Spencer v Mellen...doesn't really get any better than that, really looking forward to that match up. No new news here, but it's anybody's game, the competition is so stiff it just depends on which team can get their machine running smoothly and in high gear and maintain that. To the victor comes Penn State (and a coach who undoubtedly still has nightmares about his '09 meeting with the Cuse in the post season...uh oh).
Let the games begin.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:16 am
tech37 wrote
This is the 64 zillion dollar question, tech. While everyone else has been beating each other up and using their FOGOs like rented mules (see TD finally got a little banged up) Cuse has had plenty of time for the inevitable nagging little injuries most everyone has at this time of year to heal up. Gotta figure that's a plus (and why I didn't mind the NC loss). Of course, as you noted, the other side is how rusty will they be from such a long layoff and not experiencing that stiff competition (practice just isn't the same as game intensity)? Only way we'll find that out is by facing it off and playing the game, I guess.
For selfish reasons I wish this game were being played in the Dome but I absolutely love that the Cuse is going on the road instead. Have complained for years that this game is played on graduation week end, that's not a good thing for the Cuse (the way I see it). Too many distractions, not focused on the game. I've seen Cuse lose too many first round games to teams they should have beat and it's hard to not think the graduation goings on didn't affect those teams. The boys have to get out of town for this one and won't be distracted by all of that this year....I was hoping that was the way it would all unfold.
Spencer v Mellen...doesn't really get any better than that, really looking forward to that match up. No new news here, but it's anybody's game, the competition is so stiff it just depends on which team can get their machine running smoothly and in high gear and maintain that. To the victor comes Penn State (and a coach who undoubtedly still has nightmares about his '09 meeting with the Cuse in the post season...uh oh).
Let the games begin.

Following up on that very good post, for the next game versus PSU, Cuse would stand a far better chance beating PSU than Loyola. For this game, Cuse should win based on recent results and general team strengths. I'm a Loyola homer, our season started great, but our recent performances have been very poor. We really felt that this year might be the year. It just seems with some teams and some games, when the wheels come off, they come off everyone. And for the Hounds, with the one exception being our goalie, the wheels have come off. We will see which team shows up on Saturday with their best game. I'm hoping for the best, but reality is we have on-field issues which optimally you try not to fix during a tournament.
molo

Post by molo »

For Cuse fans who haven't been to Loyola since the teams played regularly, the RAC is a new complex about a mile and a half west of campus. Gone is the difficulty of finding a parking place on or near campus. There is plenty of free parking at Ridley, but keep in mind that it may take a while to get to your spot. I live about five miles away, and when the crowds are big, it takes me as long or longer to get from Cold Spring Lane to the lot than it does to get from my house to the turn off Cold Spring. The good news is that you are assured a place, but the bad news is that you have to follow the directions of the attendants and traffic will be crawling. When the weather is dry, as it should be Saturday, the main lot can be dusty. If it is still wet from the rain we should get Friday, it will be muddy. Tailgaiting is officially not allowed although that may not deter the committed.
The stadium itself is large enough to accommodate most lax crowds although it has sold out for Hopkins games. All the seats are on one side. There is no standing area like the hill at Klockner. The lower section behind the Loyola bench is usually packed with Loyola fans. Lower level provides a nice view of both the field and bench area. Upper deck provides a panoramic view of the field with an impressive vista looking from west to east. Consessions and bathrooms are new and clean although I must admit that I was a little surprised that a Catholic--Jesuit as they emphasize-- institution serves food purveyed by a famously fundamentalist Prostestant vendor, but then I have not been exactly devout since about the time Latin went out of vogue.
Anyway, arrive early, grab a good seat, and enjoy the game. I had SU as a strong FF candidate before the slip against UNC and I still think they are to be favored against a team that relies so heavily on one player.
I always enjoy seeing SU live and am glad to see them back for more than just for the every other year game at Homewood.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very nice of you to be so inviting and take the time put that info out, molo, thanks much.
Loyola fans are great and enthustiastic, they bring a lot of energy with them and make a
lot of noise. Was at NC week end in '12 when they won it all and put on an incredible exhibition
of defense (not so much at the face off X though). Have never been there, sounds like a nice venue.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

molo wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:55 pm For Cuse fans who haven't been to Loyola since the teams played regularly, the RAC is a new complex about a mile and a half west of campus. Gone is the difficulty of finding a parking place on or near campus. There is plenty of free parking at Ridley, but keep in mind that it may take a while to get to your spot. I live about five miles away, and when the crowds are big, it takes me as long or longer to get from Cold Spring Lane to the lot than it does to get from my house to the turn off Cold Spring. The good news is that you are assured a place, but the bad news is that you have to follow the directions of the attendants and traffic will be crawling. When the weather is dry, as it should be Saturday, the main lot can be dusty. If it is still wet from the rain we should get Friday, it will be muddy. Tailgaiting is officially not allowed although that may not deter the committed.
The stadium itself is large enough to accommodate most lax crowds although it has sold out for Hopkins games. All the seats are on one side. There is no standing area like the hill at Klockner. The lower section behind the Loyola bench is usually packed with Loyola fans. Lower level provides a nice view of both the field and bench area. Upper deck provides a panoramic view of the field with an impressive vista looking from west to east. Consessions and bathrooms are new and clean although I must admit that I was a little surprised that a Catholic--Jesuit as they emphasize-- institution serves food purveyed by a famously fundamentalist Prostestant vendor, but then I have not been exactly devout since about the time Latin went out of vogue.
Anyway, arrive early, grab a good seat, and enjoy the game. I had SU as a strong FF candidate before the slip against UNC and I still think they are to be favored against a team that relies so heavily on one player.
I always enjoy seeing SU live and am glad to see them back for more than just for the every other year game at Homewood.
Thanks for the post Molo. Living in Maryland I was actually happy to see the Orange come down this way again and I think I will go to the game assuming the weather outlook stays positive. Do you recommend getting tickets ahead of time since it's a playoff game?
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think I would if I were in your shoes, PM, but ignore my advice and listen to molo.
Seating capcity is 6K according to this:
https://loyolagreyhounds.com/facilities/?id=2
Looks as if there's not a bad seat in the house. Cuse typically travels well but graduation week end might keep some folks from going. Aint gonna rain (praying emoji goes here).
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

DMac wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:33 pm I think I would if I were in your shoes, PM, but ignore my advice and listen to molo.
Seating capcity is 6K according to this:
https://loyolagreyhounds.com/facilities/?id=2
Looks as if there's not a bad seat in the house. Cuse typically travels well but graduation week end might keep some folks from going. Aint gonna rain (praying emoji goes here).
Being a very recent alum, i suggest getting tickets early as the two lines to get into Ridley so the guards can scan your ticket gets extremely long in big home games. You get tickets off to the right once you approach the ridley black fence in two ticket booth/stands when you want to buy in person. One is for students who get them for free and one is for general public. I suggest ordering tickets online. Be prepared for a very rowdy Ridley environment, particularly by the "Dog Pound" student section that sits right behind the two benches in the lower levels. Also if you sit up top be careful of that too because we tend to jump up and down a lot which causes the deck to shake a faairrrr amount.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
molo

Post by molo »

Online will help you to beat the line. It may not sell out, but the line for walk up sales will be long.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Molo is right. Recommend getting there early. If you are parked in the asphalt parking lot you will be observed like a Hawk for any tailgating violations. I'm not making this up :( Might have something to do with the Official vendor - who knows? Gotta drink Pepsi. Kinda crazy. And no grills in the gravel parking lot. You'll be told that it's built on a former waste dump and sitting atop volatile methane gas. That part is true. Try not to carry any large bags into the stadium - the attendents take their job seriously. Aside from all of that the people are real friendly and love good lacrosse - hey it's Baltimore.

OBTW - the rules loosen up after the game :D Do what you want to do.

It's going to be a fun game and we're glad you're coming down to watch and cheer.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Damn, sounds like the kind of place you can only bring your key fob to. :mrgreen:
https://cannabisvapereviews.com/clout-k ... pe-review/
New2lax

Post by New2lax »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:12 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm
cantrelax wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:05 pm Is this the first season in a while where the Orange do not have one NL contest after the ACC tourney? That was the traditional Colgate spot I recall. I would not want to be the next team to face these guys. They have to be champing at the bit to get back at it!

By losing to UNC, they no longer control their 2019 destiny, and go from a possible top 4 seed, to an 8th seed if they're lucky. Depending on how things shake out, they may even be on road 1st round facing stiffer competition than if they had gone further in ACC Tourney.

Then again, the selection committee might throw in a few jaw droppers (phantom criteria) per usual, so who knows? 8-)
So orange peops, which is it? Is Cuse ready to step up to the next level?

Loyola certainly no slouch but Cuse could have drawn a tougher first round opponent. It feels like the perfect match to get things rolling again, and none too soon. ;)

Coaches/captains need to have the boys ready to play. Abundant possessions and getting to Stover early with good shot placement will win this one.

Orange D needs to resume their pre-ACC Tourney intensity/communication. Do you suppose the coaches have the team watching "film" of the Army D and how they neutered Spencer and the Hound's offense?

Play hard & smart Cuse!
You can watch all the film you want but you need to remember that Army had just played Loyola two weeks earlier and lost to them (it was Army’s Senior night too) and they were in Army’s house. So there was no doubt they were coming in to Ridley with one thing in mind BEAT LOYOLA! Army and Loyola know each other pretty well, they usually ended up playing each other more then once during the season. The Orange 🍊 do not have that luxury and Loyola is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Surprise Surprise Surprise
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Army did to Loyola what they've done to Syracuse more than once. For years, Army was SU's biggest thorn in their side.
DMac

Post by DMac »

admin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 pm Army did to Loyola what they've done to Syracuse more than once. For years, Army was SU's biggest thorn in their side.
Yup, and this Cuse fan can say I always look forward to Army coming to the Dome, you know they're going to bring it every single time......and JFTR, Cuse has been a thorn in pretty much everyone's side for years too. ;)
New2lax

Post by New2lax »

DMac wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm
admin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:43 pm Army did to Loyola what they've done to Syracuse more than once. For years, Army was SU's biggest thorn in their side.
Yup, and this Cuse fan can say I always look forward to Army coming to the Dome, you know they're going to bring it every single time......and JFTR, Cuse has been a thorn in pretty much everyone's side for years too. ;)
Well then this should prove to be a very exciting game... #GoHounds
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

DMac wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm
DMac, IMO, it’s always fun seeing Cuse as your opponent. When’s i was at Loyola we always played in the regular season and we had some battles both at Curley/GeppiAikens Field and in the Dome. Sad when the conference tourneys took over and that series ended. My hounds have been circling the wagons recently. Looking forward to hopefully a competitive game, hope you are well!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
DMac

Post by DMac »

I was sorry to see that series come to an end as well, t'smell. Loyola alsways brought good teams and good fans to the Dome...I like their colors too.
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

I was at Ridley in 2015 with Albany. Gotta say is was the most unpleasant experience regarding "Stadium rules" I have ever experienced. I backed my car into a perimeter parking space and was almost arrested for not turning it around (my wife did). All cars have to face the same direction. You can drink a beer only if you stay in your own car, no drinking outside of it. As mentioned, only Pepsi products allowed when bringing post game products to the team. You are ushered to specific spots in the stadium as they don't want to mix rivals. Of course it all became tolerable with the Thompson's performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlf1xtIXesk&t=10.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”