Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm Such peaceful children, taught rather well :shock:

https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/17125 ... a82I2GssRg
Thanks for spreading the gospel. Peace be with you.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:53 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:44 pm US Secretary of State Antony Blinken visited Israel Thursday to pledge that the United States will never falter from its support for Israel as he condemned Hamas’ “litany of brutality and inhumanity” as evoking “the worst of ISIS.”

“The message that I bring to Israel is this: you may be strong enough on your own to defend yourself, but as long as America exists, you will never, ever have to,” Blinken said in remarks alongside Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Tel Aviv. “We will always be there by your side.”...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/politics ... index.html
Why? Does the US offer such assurance to any other nation?

Peculiar. Unparalleled. Immoderate.
2024 positioning. Biden has positioned himself in a very strong position for 2024. He has also made it clear he doesn't want to see lots of Palestinian deaths. He also is concerned about the growing attacks against Jews in the US. While this might seem totally cynical on his part, it is real, it is Joe Biden.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm Such peaceful children, taught rather well :shock:

Sweet kids who wanna blow up Jews, stab Jews and drive over them. We need to understand why they are so angry. I've been angry with quite a few people in my life. Never so angry I wanted to stab someone and drive over them and then blow them up. There is a whole lot of hostility in those young people. Is that really the message of Islam??
... no it is the message of the republiCON party! Nicky Haley told a similar lie on a video I just saw on Faux News 10 minutes ago. The message is don't worry about how many Palestinian kids the Israeli's kill, they are of no value. It is the same lie people have been telling about Jews and blacks, etc, since time began. The people spreading this message are not interested in anything but chaos. The only kids of any value are white! Stupid Nicky Haley wants to be president so bad, she doesn't stop to think, the people making this sh*t up will turn on her.

People need to engage brain and not just believe this kind of stuff.
Well, college ADs and the Touhey family find value otherwise…

S….E….C!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:51 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:09 pm

Israeli children taught to hate Arabs to death: https://www.google.com/search?q=israeli ... U_enUS1067

Israeli children celebrating 9/11 attacks on WTC: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.f55410db997 ... ImgRaw&r=0

Nazi children taught to hate and to kill: https://api.time.com/wp-content/uploads ... h-life.jpg

Hate is a two way street. It's everywhere.
That was the point.....Brooklyn. So absolutely nothing is going to ever solve it, until it is solved absolutely. And that demands 1 of two things (i) either complete authentic forgiveness....peace or (ii) absence of religion that wants dominance over another.

Been rather quiet since the 30 Year War in the 1600's. ;)
https://youtu.be/b_29yvYpf4w?si=op3VTDF6dH6w0vAM
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:37 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:44 pm US Secretary of State Antony Blinken visited Israel Thursday to pledge that the United States will never falter from its support for Israel as he condemned Hamas’ “litany of brutality and inhumanity” as evoking “the worst of ISIS.”

“The message that I bring to Israel is this: you may be strong enough on your own to defend yourself, but as long as America exists, you will never, ever have to,” Blinken said in remarks alongside Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Tel Aviv. “We will always be there by your side.”...

2024 positioning. Biden has positioned himself in a very strong position for 2024. He has also made it clear he doesn't want to see lots of Palestinian deaths. He also is concerned about the growing attacks against Jews in the US. While this might seem totally cynical on his part, it is real, it is Joe Biden.
Because he really need to sew up the domestic Jewish vote here…it always seems a bit over the top, redundant and superfluous in his actions.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:46 pm

Sweet kids who wanna blow up Jews, stab Jews and drive over them. We need to understand why they are so angry. I've been angry with quite a few people in my life. Never so angry I wanted to stab someone and drive over them and then blow them up. There is a whole lot of hostility in those young people. Is that really the message of Islam??
... no it is the message of the republiCON party! Nicky Haley told a similar lie on a video I just saw on Faux News 10 minutes ago. The message is don't worry about how many Palestinian kids the Israeli's kill, they are of no value. It is the same lie people have been telling about Jews and blacks, etc, since time began. The people spreading this message are not interested in anything but chaos. The only kids of any value are white! Stupid Nicky Haley wants to be president so bad, she doesn't stop to think, the people making this sh*t up will turn on her.

Well, college ADs and the Touhey family find value otherwise…

S….E….C!
.... well unless there is money to be made!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:53 pm

Because he really need to sew up the domestic Jewish vote here…it always seems a bit over the top, redundant and superfluous in his actions.
... but it is so much easier when your what appears as over the top electioneering position does reflect your real feelings. I have two republican Jewish relatives who have never voted democrat in their lives (I know that is strange), I guarantee in 2024 they will. My wife's aunt is a big time Zionist. Joe is popular in Israel as well now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:28 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:51 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:17 pm Poll: Majority blames gov’t for Hamas massacre, says Netanyahu must resign ~The Jerusalem Post
Four out of five Jewish Israelis believe the government and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are to blame for the mass infiltration of Hamas terrorists into Israel and the massacre that followed, a new Dialog Center poll released on Thursday found.

An overwhelming majority – 86% of respondents, including 79% of coalition supporters, said the surprise attack from Gaza is a failure of the country’s leadership, while a staggering 92% said the war is causing anxiety.

Furthermore, almost all the respondents (94%) believe the government must bear some responsibility for the lack of security preparedness that led to the assault, with over 75% saying the government holds most of the responsibility.

The survey, which polled 620 Israeli Jews from across the country, also found that a majority of respondents believed Netanyahu should resign following the conclusion of Operation Swords of Iron.
Seems to belie Salty's assertion that "the population is rallying around" Bibi...
Surprise. They're not happy to be invaded & they blame the govt in power.
A unity govt has been formed & it did not require Bibi's resignation to come together.
That poll was taken before the Unity govt was formed & Gantz joined.
... it is more than that. Bibi has been selling himself as "Mr. I'll keep you safe". This has been his sales pitch his entire life. He didn't keep them safe. Even Trump is blaming Bibi. :lol:
Yep. That's been Bibi's selling card. Unless he can make this a success by eliminating Hamas & getting moderate Arab states to occupy & rebuild Gaza into a peaceful 2 state solution. A long shot for sure. His career is probably over as soon as the war is won, if he lasts that long.

Trump's reaction is bizarre (nothing new there). It supposedly goes back to Bibi not going along with his plan when he took out Soleimani, so he dropped Bibi as soon as he became damaged goods.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The State Department estimates that roughly 500,000 American citizens live in Israel.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Brooklyn = hate is everywhere

That was the point.....Brooklyn. So absolutely nothing is going to ever solve it, until it is solved absolutely. And that demands 1 of two things (i) either complete authentic forgiveness....peace or (ii) absence of religion that wants dominance over another.

Been rather quiet since the 30 Year War in the 1600's. ;)

Lots of hate as well as blame to go around. Too bad the one state solution was rejected all this time. By now, Muslims would have been the majority and we could have had a full generation of Peace.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Too bad the government doesn't offer that same protection to its own citizens in the ghetto from abusive, murderous cops. We never solve our problems because the government stupidly prioritizes those of others overseas.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:53 pm

The State Department estimates that roughly 500,000 American citizens live in Israel.
2023 Puerto Rico population -- ~3.1M
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Israel Defense Forces called for "all residents of Gaza City to evacuate their homes" and "move south for their protection," in a early Friday morning local time.

The IDF said in their series of posts that Hamas terrorists were hiding in Gaza City, including in buildings where there were "innocent civilians."

'Approximately 1.1 million' people in Gaza told to evacuate within 24 hours
United Nations team leaders in Gaza were informed by their liaison officers in the Israeli military that "the entire population of Gaza north of Wadi Gaza should relocate to southern Gaza within the next 24 hours," a U.N. spokesperson said in a statement to ABC News.
"This amounts to approximately 1.1 million people," the spokesperson added.

"The United Nations considers it impossible for such a movement to take place without devastating humanitarian consequences," the spokesperson said.

I have been expecting something like this. The question is will these people be protected by the IDF during and after the move. What will happen when they reach their unspecified destination?? Is the south border gate the destination?? Will the Egyptian's open it?? Will they allow the refugees to enter into a temporary refugee camp?? My thinking has been that this was the curveball Israel was going to throw Hamas.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

I believe that the Israeli technology sector is among the best in the world and our countries have deep ties there too. As a strategic partner Israel is pretty crucial.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So it's a draw, Israelis don't care about Palestinian children and Hamas doesn't care about Israeli children. You should try engaging your own god damn brain for once. Being stupid and ignorant is not flattering for a distinguished PhD guy like yourself. You might want to try using that oversized brain as something other than a door stop. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

If accurate, hopefully nothing comes from this:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1 ... 8682119559

Best case... SA plays them like the fascist fiddle they are
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:53 pm

... but it is so much easier when your what appears as over the top electioneering position does reflect your real feelings. I have two republican Jewish relatives who have never voted democrat in their lives (I know that is strange), I guarantee in 2024 they will. My wife's aunt is a big time Zionist. Joe is popular in Israel as well now.
Yeah but when things seem too easy for you do you just walk through the door that has the sign, “Jigsaw designed room with trap” on it blindly?

If it’s too easy then a second thought and some consideration is probably warranted. And proportionality is pretty important too. Why we teach children about natural consequences for actions. Not unnatural ones.

Watch him turn on Jewish interests for some other cohort in two years when expedient. (And I may prefer him to Trump but that doesn’t mean a thing to me-Biden’s history of blowing with the wind isn’t encouraging or confidence inducing in me)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:54 am

I believe that the Israeli technology sector is among the best in the world and our countries have deep ties there too. As a strategic partner Israel is pretty crucial.
I’d rather have rare earth mineral friends and it’s not like they’re going anywhere. They have no choice but to side with us in this world. More captive than a gerrymandered house district when everyone else hates your guts.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:28 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:51 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:17 pm Poll: Majority blames gov’t for Hamas massacre, says Netanyahu must resign ~The Jerusalem Post
Four out of five Jewish Israelis believe the government and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are to blame for the mass infiltration of Hamas terrorists into Israel and the massacre that followed, a new Dialog Center poll released on Thursday found.

An overwhelming majority – 86% of respondents, including 79% of coalition supporters, said the surprise attack from Gaza is a failure of the country’s leadership, while a staggering 92% said the war is causing anxiety.

Furthermore, almost all the respondents (94%) believe the government must bear some responsibility for the lack of security preparedness that led to the assault, with over 75% saying the government holds most of the responsibility.

The survey, which polled 620 Israeli Jews from across the country, also found that a majority of respondents believed Netanyahu should resign following the conclusion of Operation Swords of Iron.
Seems to belie Salty's assertion that "the population is rallying around" Bibi...
Surprise. They're not happy to be invaded & they blame the govt in power.
A unity govt has been formed & it did not require Bibi's resignation to come together.
That poll was taken before the Unity govt was formed & Gantz joined.
... it is more than that. Bibi has been selling himself as "Mr. I'll keep you safe". This has been his sales pitch his entire life. He didn't keep them safe. Even Trump is blaming Bibi. :lol:
Yep. That's been Bibi's selling card. Unless he can make this a success by eliminating Hamas & getting moderate Arab states to occupy & rebuild Gaza into a peaceful 2 state solution. A long shot for sure. His career is probably over as soon as the war is won, if he lasts that long.

Trump's reaction is bizarre (nothing new there). It supposedly goes back to Bibi not going along with his plan when he took out Soleimani, so he dropped Bibi as soon as he became damaged goods.
Don't forget the moron also said that Hezbollah terrorists were "very smart"

You're right about Bibi - just like in1973 after they were surprised in the Yom Kippur War they showed Golda Meir the door and she was much more influential even iconic than Netanyahu is or ever was.

Return to “POLITICS”