Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:08 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm I think the public confuses anti-establishment (which Trump and right wing media pretends) with anti-status quo. The latter would be true, the former quite definitely not true. Trump has always wanted to be accepted by the "establishment" or else to remake it in his own image. He wants the power of the elites, even if he has to seize it through propaganda or force.
Completely disagree. He's been a card-carrying insider 1%er since he was born. Bill and Hillary at his wedding. Mayor of the City he worked and lived in in his pocket. The literal definition of an establishment 1%er-----all the "right people" are on speed dial. Plays the game, and everyone he's "friends' with is a means to an end. A connection. A path to the very best bank and investment deals, complete access to insider info..
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm There is a legitimate argument that Trump appealed to many who simply wished for a change in the status-quo, whether that was because they were frustrated in their own economic and social status potential or because they saw that status quo as inevitably restructuring social status away from the largely racial structures of the past (sheesh, a black President!), or because they were told/believed/experienced that the elites in the status quo, those who had achieved academic and economic success through the meritocracy of the past 5 decades that especially favored intellect and expertise actually looked down their noses at those who had not also achieved at the same level.
That explains the first nomination, albeit not very well. That doesn't explain the next two. Not even close.

Is the gap between rich and poor wider after 4 years of Trump? DC-----the swamp he promised to drain-----is 60% bigger in just 4 years. The tax cut for the rich is still in place (thank you Joe Biden).

Did he pass a single bill that helps the "forgotten voter" in a meaningful, long term way? He didn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill, FFS, let alone an immigration and reform bill.

So Trump gave them: (drumroll) status quo----borrowed a bunch of money, and handed it out. TrumpVoters think the economic environment under Trump was "hard work'. Nope. Trump borrowed trillions, and handed it out.

Post Trump? Even MORE money is heading to the libs these people supposedly don't like. Education, health care....cost of living.....all far worse for these voters. All because of the things Trump did and didn't do.

Naturally, because of Right Wing spin, these voters are told not to check what REALLY happened, and so they (drumroll) blame Joe Biden for it all, and think that four more years of Trump "will be different this time". Yeah....no. Trump will accelerate their decline.

Yeah....nope.
I'm not sure where you think you and I disagree. I certainly agree about your assessment of reality versus the fiction that Trump and right wing media have peddled to the all too gullible MAGA crowd, numbering in the many, many millions. The question I was attempting to address was what were the conditions that led these folks, some well-meaning, to be so gullible? I gave 3 such underlying conditions that I think gave rise to that gullibility, but I'm open to others.

On the 1%, of course I agree that he was born with a silver spoon...but according to those who know him, including family who should know, he never felt actually accepted. Brooklyn not Manhattan. Money, bravado and to some eyes, good lucks, were his currency in all of his 'acquisitions', not real merit much less real respect. Certainly not pedigree as his father was pretty well despised as well. IMO, the "establishment" who played ball with him were all sucking from the money teat, not based in actual friendship, much less respect. Politicians, bankers, boxers, always about the money. Women? all about the money.
My understanding was Queens not Brooklyn which if you live in the city comes with different connotations.

He’s a loser Mets/Jets/Nets fan rather than the Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan folks who generally track Giants/Yankees/Knicks-which is less compelling as a differentiation today than it was 20yrs ago. NY folks know what I’m talking about.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:08 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm I think the public confuses anti-establishment (which Trump and right wing media pretends) with anti-status quo. The latter would be true, the former quite definitely not true. Trump has always wanted to be accepted by the "establishment" or else to remake it in his own image. He wants the power of the elites, even if he has to seize it through propaganda or force.
Completely disagree. He's been a card-carrying insider 1%er since he was born. Bill and Hillary at his wedding. Mayor of the City he worked and lived in in his pocket. The literal definition of an establishment 1%er-----all the "right people" are on speed dial. Plays the game, and everyone he's "friends' with is a means to an end. A connection. A path to the very best bank and investment deals, complete access to insider info..
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm There is a legitimate argument that Trump appealed to many who simply wished for a change in the status-quo, whether that was because they were frustrated in their own economic and social status potential or because they saw that status quo as inevitably restructuring social status away from the largely racial structures of the past (sheesh, a black President!), or because they were told/believed/experienced that the elites in the status quo, those who had achieved academic and economic success through the meritocracy of the past 5 decades that especially favored intellect and expertise actually looked down their noses at those who had not also achieved at the same level.
That explains the first nomination, albeit not very well. That doesn't explain the next two. Not even close.

Is the gap between rich and poor wider after 4 years of Trump? DC-----the swamp he promised to drain-----is 60% bigger in just 4 years. The tax cut for the rich is still in place (thank you Joe Biden).

Did he pass a single bill that helps the "forgotten voter" in a meaningful, long term way? He didn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill, FFS, let alone an immigration and reform bill.

So Trump gave them: (drumroll) status quo----borrowed a bunch of money, and handed it out. TrumpVoters think the economic environment under Trump was "hard work'. Nope. Trump borrowed trillions, and handed it out.

Post Trump? Even MORE money is heading to the libs these people supposedly don't like. Education, health care....cost of living.....all far worse for these voters. All because of the things Trump did and didn't do.

Naturally, because of Right Wing spin, these voters are told not to check what REALLY happened, and so they (drumroll) blame Joe Biden for it all, and think that four more years of Trump "will be different this time". Yeah....no. Trump will accelerate their decline.

Yeah....nope.
I'm not sure where you think you and I disagree. I certainly agree about your assessment of reality versus the fiction that Trump and right wing media have peddled to the all too gullible MAGA crowd, numbering in the many, many millions. The question I was attempting to address was what were the conditions that led these folks, some well-meaning, to be so gullible? I gave 3 such underlying conditions that I think gave rise to that gullibility, but I'm open to others.

On the 1%, of course I agree that he was born with a silver spoon...but according to those who know him, including family who should know, he never felt actually accepted. Brooklyn not Manhattan. Money, bravado and to some eyes, good lucks, were his currency in all of his 'acquisitions', not real merit much less real respect. Certainly not pedigree as his father was pretty well despised as well. IMO, the "establishment" who played ball with him were all sucking from the money teat, not based in actual friendship, much less respect. Politicians, bankers, boxers, always about the money. Women? all about the money.
My understanding was Queens not Brooklyn which if you live in the city comes with different connotations.

He’s a loser Mets/Jets/Nets fan rather than the Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan folks who generally track Giants/Yankees/Knicks-which is less compelling as a differentiation today than it was 20yrs ago. NY folks know what I’m talking about.
Yes! Queens...I'm obviously not a New Yorker!
ggait

Post by ggait »

There's plenty of people from the Outer Boroughs, the Island and Jersey who are successful, respected and accepted.

Tony Fauci is a 718-er. Trump's sister somehow overcame her BnTC credentials to become a federal appeals court judge. Colin Jost (from Staten Island) is crushing it (and ScarJo) in Manhattan. Same goes for Kushner's brother (son of a major Jersey sleazebag). Truth is, few of the swells in Manhattan are actually from there.

Being from Queens has nothing to do with Trump not being accepted. That is completely on Trump. Because he is a horrible, tacky, sleazy, dishonest, scummy, fraudulent and criminal human. Plus a toxic narcissist.

He'd be shunned (and rightly so) no matter where he grew up.

My homies proudly fly the flag of their blue collar roots. They are successful and well respected despite their humble BBQ origins. All that takes is smarts, hard work, and not being a complete a** hole all the time. Let's go Mets!!!
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:51 pm
There's plenty of people from the Outer Boroughs, the Island and Jersey who are successful, respected and accepted.

Tony Fauci is a 718-er. Trump's sister somehow overcame her BnTC credentials to become a federal appeals court judge. Colin Jost (from Staten Island) is crushing it (and ScarJo) in Manhattan. Same goes for Kushner's brother (son of a major Jersey sleazebag). Truth is, few of the swells in Manhattan are actually from there.

Being from Queens has nothing to do with Trump not being accepted. That is completely on Trump. Because he is a horrible, tacky, sleazy, dishonest, scummy, fraudulent and criminal human. Plus a toxic narcissist.

My homies proudly fly the flag of their blue collar roots. They are successful and well respected despite their humble BBQ origins. All that takes is smarts, hard work, and not being a complete a** hole all the time. Let's go Mets!!!
I would have more respect for Donald if he had gone to City College.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I quite agree, but my point was about Trump's desire to be respected by those whose social status he could not simply purchase. Yes, it wasn't because he was from Queens, but that became his way of explaining what he wasn't willing to face, which was that he simply hadn't earned status through contributions to society and not being a lying, cheating POS. And yes, tacky, sleazy, dishonest, scummy...etc. and as some might say, not even good manners, not even trying...yes, completely on Trump.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:47 pm

I quite agree, but my point was about Trump's desire to be respected by those whose social status he could not simply purchase. Yes, it wasn't because he was from Queens, but that became his way of explaining what he wasn't willing to face, which was that he simply hadn't earned status through contributions to society and not being a lying, cheating POS. And yes, tacky, sleazy, dishonest, scummy...etc. and as some might say, not even good manners, not even trying...yes, completely on Trump.
Of course I’m trafficking in stereotypes which folks who’ve lived around the here understand.

Kushners-financed them prior to the hooker set up. And Investors Bank (now part of Citizens) continued to finance Tonya after he was convicted in handshake guarantees of Jared’s debts. From the CEOs mouth about ten years ago. They’re not legit even the victim brother.

And I understood your point. There’s a gulf between Manhattan and the rest no matter how much borough folks insist there isn’t a difference. And I love me some Bronx. And vast differences between Astoria and Park Slope for example.

Colin Just hasn’t made half the impact Wu Tang has and they’re from attending island. Used to not be able to get delivery within ten blocks of their recording studio because they would order (say chinese) and slap the s**t out of the delivery guy and steal the food. But I mean using Colin Just as an example from Toxic land seems odd.

Trumps a POS. Ruby Schron, Joe Moinan, Joe Chetrit, Joseph Sitt, Ty Warner, Scott Rechler. All dirty CRE guys but actually make money and most aren’t manahattanites.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Absolutely...the bragging about having gone to an Ivy, Wharton, rankled me...I very much doubt he did more than have his seat paid for by daddy.

But bragging is all part and parcel of someone with no underlying self-esteem based on actual sweat and accomplishment. It's one thing to have some natural pride in the sweat it takes to get to and succeed at an Ivy or other highly selective school, it's quite another to brag about what daddy's dough has bought you. Most of the former let their efforts to speak for themselves, notwithstanding the jokes about Harvard alums.

But yeah, heck of a lot of highly accomplished folks got their start at City College!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Absolutely...the bragging about having gone to an Ivy, Wharton, rankled me...I very much doubt he did more than have his seat paid for by daddy.

But bragging is all part and parcel of someone with no underlying self-esteem based on actual sweat and accomplishment. It's one thing to have some natural pride in the sweat it takes to get to and succeed at an Ivy or other highly selective school, it's quite another to brag about what daddy's dough has bought you. Most of the former let their efforts to speak for themselves, notwithstanding the jokes about Harvard alums.

But yeah, heck of a lot of highly accomplished folks got their start at City College!
Or if that’s too plebeian there’s Pace and Fordham. Lots of options outside of NYU & Columbia.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:48 am Salisbury is a dump. Dealt with some banks over the bridge over the years - that eastern shore is driven year round by poultry, similar to Western VA between I81 & WV. Summers people come out. But there is some money too and Annapolis and the surrounding area would not be considered rural or what is being presented. Super expensive super parochial. Like being in Lowell MA.
Apparently you skipped SoMd (W shore of the Bay to the Potomac). St. Mary's, Calvert & Charles counties.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:48 am Salisbury is a dump. Dealt with some banks over the bridge over the years - that eastern shore is driven year round by poultry, similar to Western VA between I81 & WV. Summers people come out. But there is some money too and Annapolis and the surrounding area would not be considered rural or what is being presented. Super expensive super parochial. Like being in Lowell MA.
Apparently you skipped SoMd (W shore of the Bay to the Potomac). St. Mary's, Calvert & Charles counties.
I mean there bucolic stuff but that’s true around the finger lakes. Then go one twin in either direction and it’s beefy rural - borderline feudalism. Poor agricultural folks serving the rich waterfront bedroom communities and seasonal tourist spots.

Got a friend who played girls last at St Mary’s. Still close, she works for a venture venture fund backed by PenFed credit union.

Shore Bancshares being an example-nice town where HQ is drive 3 min ans it’s the redneck from the Simpsons.

Same with that VA area like Kilmarnock where you can buy weed from a wig shop across from a ghetto grocery store type stuff.

Then, like where my dads from, they all claim it’s the cities that are the problem.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Of course which is it? I came from a lot less than you and am running around where I’m from. It’s fraudulent to claim you can keep those roots or go back once a status change occurs. Claiming otherwise is pure nonsense.

So who’s pulse fo you actually have the finger on today? BC the concept of a JD Vance is straight fraud.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:10 am
Of course which is it? I came from a lot less than you and am running around where I’m from. It’s fraudulent to claim you can keep those roots or go back once a status change occurs. Claiming otherwise is pure nonsense.

So who’s pulse fo you actually have the finger on today? BC the concept of a JD Vance is straight fraud.
I'm in daily contact with my brother & sister who still run the family business in the rural town in which we grew up.
Some change. Much still the same. It's not the American Gothic you portray, never was. Neither is SoMd.
My wife & I are still heavily involved in SoMd through our Animal Rescue group & low cost vet clinic.
Your projections, based on your own tortured existence, are inaccurate, as usual.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:57 pm

I'm in daily contact with my brother & sister who still run the family business in the rural town in which we grew up.
Some change. Much still the same. It's not the American Gothic you portray, never was. Neither is SoMd.
My wife & I are still heavily involved in SoMd through our Animal Rescue group & low cost vet clinic.
Your projections, based on your own tortured existence, are inaccurate, as usual.
Says the guy who strains to twist reality here every single day to meet your expectations and delusions of the world.

Some people want it both ways and don’t care about others. I get it. You’ve said so as much yourself that you care more about dogs.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

30% CEP is a generally accepted line for health of a community.

https://marylandpublicschools.org/progr ... 1-2022.pdf
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Says the guy who strains to twist reality here every single day to meet your expectations and delusions of the world.

Some people want it both ways and don’t care about others. I get it. You’ve said so as much yourself that you care more about dogs.
I wish it were as easy to save people as it is save dogs & cats. We would if we could. We help a lot of folks care for their beloved pets who might not otherwise be able to do so. Can't spay & neuter people, that's been tried & failed...although the unrestricted abortion industry comes close.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

which town?

I've spent a ton of time on the shore over many decades and my sense is that the divide between haves and have nots has grown...but more haves as a % of pop.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:17 pm

which town?

I've spent a ton of time on the shore over many decades and my sense is that the divide between haves and have nots has grown...but more haves as a % of pop.
Absolutely true just like where I’m chilling this week in the Finger Lakes region. Or any other region on the east coast in 15 states I covered banks for ages. And West if Mississippi too. It’s becoming a form of feudalism outside of metro areas/
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

ggait

Post by ggait »

Or if that’s too plebeian there’s Pace and Fordham. Lots of options outside of NYU & Columbia.
And, of course, Trump did go to Fordham for two years before transferring to Wharton. Thankfully, he never ever mentions that.

Us Fordham grads are so happy/relieved he left. The stain belongs to Wharton alone.

Usually, it would be a huge deal and a proud thing if a US president spent any time at all at your school. Even if he didn't get his degree from there. At Fordham, Trump is Voldemort -- he whose name shall never be mentioned.

During the campaign, Michael Cohen threatened to sue Fordham if they ever released his grades. Wonder what Cheetoh was worried about?
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:25 pm
And, of course, Trump did go to Fordham for two years before transferring to Wharton. Thankfully, he never ever mentions that.

Us Fordham grads are so happy/relieved he left. The stain belongs to Wharton alone.

Usually, it would be a huge deal and a proud thing if a US president spent any time at all at your school. Even if he didn't get his degree from there. At Fordham, Trump is Voldemort -- he whose name shall never be mentioned.

During the campaign, Michael Cohen threatened to sue Fordham if they ever released his grades. Wonder what Cheetoh was worried about?
All would be forgiven had trump cut your college a big fat check.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:25 pm

Fordham B school does quite well in the NYC area. Don’t know how it translates in Boston, Chi, Dallas or LA but frankly Goizeta, Owen and others good MBA programs still have more regional than national stroke I see.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”