The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:14 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:23 pm
DMac, who has competed collegiately without taking at least a year off to transition? I would argue one year isn’t enough, personally.

Who said you are a trans hater? I haven’t. Why post these stories if you don’t have medical insight and it’s complicated since you have an open mind on the topic?
Geezuz H, TLD, you want to do nothing but give me hard time about this and I know we are in agreement on darn near all of this stuff.
I would argue that one year isn't enough too but of course I'm not a medical expert so I would have to know more about the entire process. So you and I agree there has to be a cut off point which is what I've said all along.
Why post anything on any threads when your not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject. I've you before they pop up on feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

MDlax, okay, maybe "right" isn't the best word so you put in the right one for me (but you understood exactly what I meant).
Not sure many people pick a “sex dejour”…..not enough to be of concern. I never see this stuff…. Not sure many people here have said a guy playing lacrosse for instance should be able to move to the women’s team the next year and just play. Though I did see a guy playing field hockey. Not sure if it were varsity or club.

What man has moved to play a collegiate sport against women without transitioning and taking a year off? Legitimate question. I may have missed it so I am asking you. You brought it up.
Does testosterone play that large a role? If a trans went through puberty as a male, seems as though there are other physiological advantages already in place that have nothing to do with testosterone levels, post transition. Doubt the ncaa knows.
My guess is it plays a large enough role. Michael Phelps had physiological advantages…. How do you measure all physiological differences? I don’t have an answer. It’s not a big enough problem for me to care. I find it odd that some people are more concerned with this nonsense than people dying from COVID. What do you find more important?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

We can’t reduce deaths but we can stop these transgenders?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

I would guess it plays a large enough role too.
Who says there are people more concerned about this than people dying from covid?
Can you be concerned about more than one thing at a time...and who is putting the
scale on the level of concern with people?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:20 pm I would guess it plays a large enough role too.
Who says there are people more concerned about this than people dying from covid?
Can you be concerned about more than one thing at a time...and who is putting the
scale on the level of concern with people?
Yes. I am talking about Pooh poohing one and obsessed with the other….. I am not saying YOU have pooh poohed deaths (vaccines may be a different case…. :D)
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:29 pm
DMac, who has competed collegiately without taking at least a year off to transition? I would argue one year isn’t enough, personally.

Who said you are a trans hater? I haven’t. Why post these stories if you don’t have medical insight and it’s complicated since you have an open mind on the topic?
Geezuz H, TLD, you want to do nothing but give me hard time about this and I know we are in agreement on darn near all of this stuff.
I would argue that one year isn't enough too but of course I'm not a medical expert so I would have to know more about the entire process. So you and I agree there has to be a cut off point which is what I've said all along.
Why post anything on any threads when you're not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject? I've told you before they pop up on my feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide open, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

MDlax, okay, maybe "right" isn't the best word so you put in the right one for me (but you understood exactly what I meant).
Not sure many people pick a “sex dejour”…..not enough to be of concern. I never see this stuff…. Not sure many people here have said a guy playing lacrosse for instance should be able to move to the women’s team the next year and just play. Though I did see a guy playing field hockey. Not sure if it were varsity or club.

What man has moved to play a collegiate sport against women without transitioning and taking a year off? Legitimate question. I may have missed it so I am asking you. You brought it up.
Yeah, I know, you don't see this stuff that's why I'm trying to help you and keep you up on it.
Maybe a year is enough (as the NCAA sees it):
https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/1/27/t ... SnippetTab
I've not had any articles pop up about a man playing a collegiate sport without transitioning and taking a year off so I don't know the answer to that question. I'll keep you posted if I get any news on it though.
Found this. This isn’t the guy I was thinking of but ran across it. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t imagining something about a male playing field hockey against women…. No outrage when this transpired….

Seems like a nice kid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:36 am

Why post anything on any threads when you're not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject? I've told you before they pop up on my feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide open, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

Yeah, I know, you don't see this stuff that's why I'm trying to help you and keep you up on it.
I've not had any articles pop up about a man playing a collegiate sport without transitioning and taking a year off so I don't know the answer to that question. I'll keep you posted if I get any news on it though.
Found this. This isn’t the guy I was thinking of but ran across it. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t imagining something about a male playing field hockey against women…. No outrage when this transpired….

Seems like a nice kid.
I mean it’s Ithaca. He can’t be that nice.

#butterfieldsucksnomatterhowmanyrenovatIonstheydo

#bomberssuck

#ithacafootballcaneatmymeat
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seems like a nice kid.
After watching a "girls" team beat the snot out of a "boys" team in flag football the other day and listening to the "boys" whinge and protest everything but their poor performance, I think the real reason for segregation is to protect the feeble male ego. Just putting it out there...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seems like a nice kid.
I'm all in with co-ed when the league/competition/athletes are in agreement on it.
One of my daily articles that popped up this morning was about a HS sophomore who
ran CC on the boys team last year and is running on the girl's team this year. Best finish
was 14th on the boy's team, coming in 1st v the girls. Was going to post it just for you
but thought, nope, that's enough. Gotta have some rules, lines drawn, about this stuff.
(am not going back to try to find that)
DMac

Post by DMac »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:02 pm

Seems like a nice kid.
After watching a "girls" team beat the snot out of a "boys" team in flag football the other day and listening to the "boys" whinge and protest everything but their poor performance, I think the real reason for segregation is to protect the feeble male ego. Just putting it out there...
Am all in with girls v boys too.
What age group were you watching?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:05 pm

Seems like a nice kid.
I'm all in with co-ed when the league/competition/athletes are in agreement on it.
One of my daily articles that popped up this morning was about a HS sophomore who
ran CC on the boys team last year and is running on the girl's team this year.
Best finish
was 14th on the boy's team, coming in 1st v the girls. Was going to post it just for you
but thought, nope, that's enough. Gotta have some rules, lines drawn, about this stuff.
That HS association should re-think policy. Not sure anyone believes there shouldn’t be rules that post to this site. I believe there should be some boundaries. At the very least a year off and hormone therapy would be low hurdles. I don’t believe the idea of testing for doping is something generally done for HS sports.

The Ithaca team wasn’t co-ed as he’s the only guy. Girls did care though.

EDIT: this would be a start…

>> In a comment to Maine podcast host Shawn McBreairty, an anonymous female runner also commented, “It is not fair to a female who has trained hard. Males are biologically faster than females, with testosterone. They need to run under their biological gender.” <<

Cross country meet in Maine. Transgender athlete finished 5th.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Seems like a nice kid.
Best finish
That HS association should re-think policy. Not sure anyone believes there shouldn’t be rules that post to this site. I believe there should be some boundaries. At the very least a year off and hormone therapy would be low hurdles. I don’t believe the idea of testing for doping is something generally done for HS sports.
While noting the incredibly small set we’re talking about here, it does seem like a narrow window. Don’t really want kids under some age Beer ally transitioning medically (early teens?) but if they do it in college it’s a competitive issue for athletic extracurricular activities. So that leaves like 3yrs to get it done and be able to compete athletically. Doable but tough if parents and kids don’t understand this by the time their 15 or so.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Seems like a nice kid.
Best finish
While noting the incredibly small set we’re talking about here, it does seem like a narrow window. Don’t really want kids under some age Beer ally transitioning medically (early teens?) but if they do it in college it’s a competitive issue for athletic extracurricular activities. So that leaves like 3yrs to get it done and be able to compete athletically. Doable but tough if parents and kids don’t understand this by the time their 15 or so.
Yes.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Seems like a nice kid.
ran CC on the boys team last year and is running on the girl's team this year. Best finish
What does transitioning as a High School freshman/sophomore as a ~15 year old entail? Not necessarily a question for DMAC, just quoting his post.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/us/alaba ... index.html

“Children’s book” and “sexually explicit” seems to be contradictory…..
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seems like a nice kid.
When I was junior in HS, I separated my shoulder and was out for the football season...I was writing for the school newspaper and decided to write a couple of George Plimpton style articles, one of which was a day playing with girls field hockey team and sister school Bryn Mawr. I have good hands and I'd watched my sister play, so not completely inept nor clueless, but man I was huffing and puffing running up and down bent over at the waist...fun day, funnier article. Have a great picture in my basement that appeared in the newspaper.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:24 pm

Seems like a nice kid.
When I was junior in HS, I separated my shoulder and was out for the football season...I was writing for the school newspaper and decided to write a couple of George Plimpton style articles, one of was a day playing with girls field hockey team and sister school Bryn Mawr. I have good hands and I'd watched my sister play, so not completely inept nor clueless, but man I was huffing and puffing running up and down bent over at the waist...fun day, funnier article. Have a great picture in my basement that appeared in the newspaper.
I bet it was! (Both)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:10 pm https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/us/alaba ... index.html

“Children’s book” and “sexually explicit” seems to be contradictory…..
I told you about gulf coast states.

Bring back Henry Miller!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't resist this one, TLD, here's a good one for ya from my daily feed. Guess all the big ones are out at 150 yards. I love those surf casting poles used to do quite a bit of surf fishing down in Va Beach. Those poles are like a long pole, can loft that baby out there pretty good with those, just like a long pole length of the field pass on a clear.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 19#image=1
Added bonus, this is just a cool picture. Think it's a guy. ;)
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

DMac wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:00 am Can't resist this one, TLD, here's a good one for ya from my daily feed. Guess all the big ones are out at 150 yards. I love those surf casting poles used to do quite a bit of surf fishing down in Va Beach. Those poles are like a long pole, can loft that baby out there pretty good with those, just like a long pole length of the field pass on a clear.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 19#image=1
Added bonus, this is just a cool picture. Think it's a guy. ;)
Weird, this wasn't an issue 5 years ago the first time she went to the world championships. Wonder what changed? :roll:

Teacher is first transgender angler to represent her country

Romney Marsh: Transgender teacher Becky Lee Birtwhistle Hodges helps win bronze for England Ladies angling team

The 41-year-old says equality and inclusion rules in sport mean everyone must be considered, but sport governing bodies all have different criteria to assess if there are distinct advantages - something Mrs Birtwhistle Hodges is deemed not to have.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Clueless as to what changed, don't know why one's sex would even be an issue in a fishing competition.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Would welcome this angler on my team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJpRMY-vT_Q
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:00 pm Clueless as to what changed, don't know why one's sex would even be an issue in a fishing competition.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Would welcome this angler on my team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJpRMY-vT_Q
Would like to check her testosterone level (as a younger lad of course)

Return to “POLITICS”