Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:01 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:54 pm "something"

Hamas constitution literally wants to wipe out Israel.

Romans wanted to kill Jews

Egyptians wanted to kill Jews

Jews wanted to kill Christians

Christans wanted to kill Jews

Jews wanted to kill Jews

Christians wanted to kill Christians

Christans wanted to kill Muslims

Muslims wanted to kill Muslims

Muslims wanted to kill Jews

Muslims wanted to kill Christians

X wanted to kill X.

Welcome to modernity. You're right sometimes. You bloviate sometimes. You're wrong sometimes. Get off your high horse because you're casting stones at glass houses my dude.
When did Arab and Muslim become the same thing? I swear I read Arab by one then immediately translated by another to be Muslim. Either a misunderstanding or a bad faith response. May as well changed the word in Mathums post as well.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:15 am Do you think Netenhatyhu wants peace if not on absolute terms? I generally agree with the above. The regressives are aging out of this world as is the case with humanity. But I’m not sure all Israelis want peace of it means compromise...
The vast majority of Jews, high 90s percent, want peace. The internal fighting within Israel is how to get it.
You could make the same statement of Palestinians...the question is "how to get it".

But is it really "peace" if it's achieved through genocide or complete subjugation of the 'other'? (apply that to either perspective) Can such a "peace" ever hold for long?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:01 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:54 pm "something"

Hamas constitution literally wants to wipe out Israel.

Romans wanted to kill Jews

Egyptians wanted to kill Jews

Jews wanted to kill Christians

Christans wanted to kill Jews

Jews wanted to kill Jews

Christians wanted to kill Christians

Christans wanted to kill Muslims

Muslims wanted to kill Muslims

Muslims wanted to kill Jews

Muslims wanted to kill Christians

X wanted to kill X.

Welcome to modernity. You're right sometimes. You bloviate sometimes. You're wrong sometimes. Get off your high horse because you're casting stones at glass houses my dude.
The animal in man-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hgVWGWKjDDU

Should come back down to little five sometime. Corner Tavern roof has been rocking lately. Hotties with nose rings and the like. Homeless shirk sexy all up their.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:08 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:24 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:15 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:46 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:16 pm Folks don't understand how full on crispy-crackers the hardcore pro-Palestinian faction is in the US... Idiots who would rather feel "right" then actually ending the conflict and body count.
I reserve the right to change my mind about this but... I feel like something similar is happening with Israel as happened with Black Lives Matter and Me Too and Gender Identification and etc. People seem to getting smarter, more nuanced, more empathetic. Obviously not all. But more than I've seen in my lifetime, people seem to be able to see that the conflict in Israel is about antisemitism, plain and simple. Not that Israel is perfect any more than blacks, women, etc. are perfect. But at least the Israelis want Peace. This is not the case for their "partners in peace". Not today, not ever. Plain and simple, they hate the Jews. And, though horrible, this trend makes me feel more optimistic.

Separately, the response from Harvard Professors to the letter sent by multiple Harvard Student Organizations (which I assume you all saw). https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bi ... sokG-1Vu2r
Do you think Netenhatyhu wants peace if not on absolute terms? I generally agree with the above. The regressives are aging out of this world as is the case with humanity. But I’m not sure all Israelis want peace of it means compromise. They wouldn’t have elected that guy. It would be like us electing Sgt Slaughter to get after The Iranian Sheik.
That was the Iron Sheik dude. And who didn't get their jollies watching Sgt Slaughter pile driving him headfirst into the canvass? He was Iranian by birth but the iron sheik sounded more bad ass.
Yes mistyped. Actually met him before he died he lived in the suburbs of Atlanta like many wrestlers. He didn’t really enjoy the character personally. He made that clear. But was very proud of getting Hogan over after beating Bob Backlund for the title and being at the start of what became the dominant international wrestling business that he effectively ushered in w Andre, Hogan, Steamboat, JYD, Macho, Diabase and a few others.

You forget how Slaughter turned into an POS. Perhaps a warning for what was to come in our real world ironically.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9us_aw0nQc
I loved the Iron Sheik but wasn’t there also a second sheik?
I’m in my 40s so yeah referring to the one of the 80s not the one of the 40s, where cradle views the world to have stopped changing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Sheik
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:06 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:15 am Do you think Netenhatyhu wants peace if not on absolute terms? I generally agree with the above. The regressives are aging out of this world as is the case with humanity. But I’m not sure all Israelis want peace of it means compromise...
The vast majority of Jews, high 90s percent, want peace. The internal fighting within Israel is how to get it.
Fair enough. Sister went over there a few years back but aside from Turkey I haven’t had the benefit of being in the MENA region. And I really want to go to Oran in Algiers bc of the Camus book The Plague.

I just struggle to reconcile wanting peace with choosing that guy as leader. Cognitive dissonance at least.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:09 am I don't think Hamas as currently constructed can ever be a "partner" with Israel, but that doesn't mean that there aren't Palestinians in Gaza who could be their successors who could. Looking desperately for a silver lining, perhaps that will be the ultimate outcome.
Eventually. The question is when. It's not years. It's decades. It's generations. But, in time, it'll happen.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Tim Scott debasing himself. Quelle surprise.

The Moron slurring his way....

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2367613080
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:53 am ... You're gonna hitch your wagon to a murderous nation either way...
Do you feel this way about the US, too?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:00 am Then it follows that Benjie is antisemitic.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1 ... medium=web
He's the Prime Minister of Israel and Hamas is the governing body of Gaza. What's his choice but to work with them. Bibi does not support Hamas...
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:16 pm Folks don't understand how full on crispy-crackers the hardcore pro-Palestinian faction is in the US... Idiots who would rather feel "right" then actually ending the conflict and body count.
I reserve the right to change my mind about this but... I feel like something similar is happening with Israel as happened with Black Lives Matter and Me Too and Gender Identification and etc. People seem to getting smarter, more nuanced, more empathetic. Obviously not all. But more than I've seen in my lifetime, people seem to be able to see that the conflict in Israel is about antisemitism, plain and simple. Not that Israel is perfect any more than blacks, women, etc. are perfect. But at least the Israelis want Peace. This is not the case for their "partners in peace". Not today, not ever. Plain and simple, they hate the Jews. And, though horrible, this trend makes me feel more optimistic.

Separately, the response from Harvard Professors to the letter sent by multiple Harvard Student Organizations (which I assume you all saw). https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bi ... sokG-1Vu2r
Do you think Netenhatyhu wants peace if not on absolute terms? I generally agree with the above. The regressives are aging out of this world as is the case with humanity. But I’m not sure all Israelis want peace of it means compromise. They wouldn’t have elected that guy. It would be like us electing Sgt Slaughter to get after The Iranian Sheik.
... the Israeli right wing doesn't want peace if they have to give up anything. This is well documented. In fact there is significant evidence in major Israeli papers since the attack, that some of Bibi's folks view Hamas as a tool to be used to help advance the right wing agenda of killing the 2 state solution (I thought it was already dead) and advancing their goal - unfettered expansion into Palestinian lands. WaPo and NY Times are now picking up on these stories as well. Bibi is in it up to his neck. Bibi is being accused of letting down the nation's defense in the southwest where the rockets and massacres were taking place while the army was hanging out in the northeast protecting settlers in the Golan after stripping soldiers from the Gaza defenses. Don't think anyone is saying Bibi knew the attack was coming, but the defenses had been rearranged based on existing administration policy.

There is also a report / rumor running around that the Egyptians had in fact tried to warn Israel that something was coming shortly before it happened. I haven't seen any details. If true I am sure we will learn more within 24 hours.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:42 am

... the Israeli right wing doesn't want peace if they have to give up anything. This is well documented. In fact there is significant evidence in major Israeli papers since the attack, that some of Bibi's folks view Hamas as a tool to be used to help advance the right wing agenda of killing the 2 state solution (I thought it was already dead) and advancing their goal - unfettered expansion into Palestinian lands. WaPo and NY Times are now picking up on these stories as well. Bibi is in it up to his neck. Bibi is being accused of letting down the nation's defense in the southwest where the rockets and massacres were taking place while the army was hanging out in the northeast protecting settlers in the Golan after stripping soldiers from the Gaza defenses. Don't think anyone is saying Bibi knew the attack was coming, but the defenses had been rearranged based on existing administration policy.

There is also a report / rumor running around that the Egyptians had in fact tried to warn Israel that something was coming shortly before it happened. I haven't seen any details. If true I am sure we will learn more within 24 hours.
So if this theory is true, this is less like Israel’s 9-11 and more like its Pearl Harbor.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:37 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:53 am ... You're gonna hitch your wagon to a murderous nation either way...
Yes.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:01 am As i have posted before it is a deep seated issue witj irreconcilable objectives
The irreconcilable differences center around Israel wanting a homeland and the arab nations not wanting to have a homeland near them. These same arab nations, slowly, over decades, are changing. Slowly...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:02 am By the way who has the authority to delete posts? I ask bcs i find some of mine missing
Admin does. And, despite numerous requests to delete posts, from NCAA coaches and otherwise, Admin has never deleted a post.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:12 am You could make the same statement of Palestinians...the question is "how to get it".

But is it really "peace" if it's achieved through genocide or complete subjugation of the 'other'? (apply that to either perspective) Can such a "peace" ever hold for long?
For Palestinians, yes. For Hamas, the governing of Gaza, no way. Explicitly and unapologetically, they don't want peace. They want the Jews off the map.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:58 am
Yes.
Caddy Day
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:08 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:31 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:46 pm News agencies across the globe now confirming that Hamas murdered/beheaded babies and infants at Kfar Aza.
... I have no doubt that Hamas is committing atrocities.
Must be why you haven't added the Palestinian flag next to your Ukraine flag :roll:
Where is that coming from?

But perhaps I've missed your point with the rolling eyes... :roll:
jhu72 knows. I've been pointing out his hypocrisy going back to LP. He's always howling about fascism and yet is supportive of Iran's theocratic fascist gov't and connected theocratic terrorist groups like Hamas/Hezbollah. And yet he's anti-religion too? He says he's not supportive but his body of posts over the years, IMO, say otherwise.

I think the Hamas atrocities we're hearing about/seeing, ruin any moral high ground he may claim and certainly tempers his criticism of Israel (at least for now). You took my post too literally mdlax.

jhu72 has the right to support whomever he wants, no doubt, but others have the right to criticize. It's just my opinion and you asked mdlax.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:12 am You could make the same statement of Palestinians...the question is "how to get it".

For Palestinians, yes. For Hamas, the governing of Gaza, no way. Explicitly and unapologetically, they don't want peace. They want the Jews off the map.
mmm, I don't think any 'peace' is real, much less can hold, if it's achieved through subjugation. Especially when those being subjugated have wealthy allies who see benefit from their continued struggle through asymmetric means...terror. There will be a "Hamas" or "Hezbollah" or the early PLO, etc...

I do think that the ideological extremes must be eliminated and/or ultimately rejected by those they purport to represent in favor of those who actually improve their lives through peace and prosperity.

But the right wing ideologues in Israel really aren't looking for peace and prosperity for Palestinians, they are solely focused on suppression, elimination, subjugation, replacement. And that's who is in power in this coalition.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:40 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 am

But the right wing ideologues in Israel really aren't looking for peace and prosperity for Palestinians, they are solely focused on suppression, elimination, subjugation, replacement. And that's who is in power in this coalition.
Isn't this existential for Israel? In Israel's interest (to survive), what people would you prefer be in power?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

To a degree but wouldn’t equivocate the two. I mean it’s hard to deny our history…

But there are of course very important difference and distinctions. But reflect on the White House advisors and selected administration around GW Bush in the 2000s-Bolton, Rumsfeld, Cheney…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”