Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:50 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:46 am
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:43 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:33 am
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:12 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:06 am We're in looney tunes land. A black man getting elected to the presidency really broke a good chunk of this country.
The elephant in the room....and a key reason why so many Republicans went Froot Loops and gave us Trump.

He sold fear, xenophobia, and a return to when White Christians ran everything.

And R voters couldn't scarf it down fast enough........
Ah yes. When all else fails, play the reverse race card. ...Obama's been out of office > 6 yrs now. How do you describe Tim Scott ?

Great question. Why isn't Tim Scott your nominee for POTUS? I'll wait.

What you want to do, is give nothing buy sparkly-awesome reasons your party has nominated a man....three times now.....to lead you party.

You are physically unable to admit that there were, and are, many bad reasons you chaps keep nominating Trump.

Your denial is world class. A man who had Bill and Hillary at his wedding is "anti establishment". :lol: Sure he is. Keep saying that if it helps you believe it.
Trump is not the nominee yet. Maybe one of your prosecutions will take him out. Tim Scott is still in the debates & still running.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Great answer. Double down, the Republican party and its voters have no problems that need fixin'. You keep doing you.
They need to be Deprogrammed. You should apply to be a camp counselor at one of Hillary's re-education facilities.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:54 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:06 am We're in looney tunes land. A black man getting elected to the presidency really broke a good chunk of this country.
The elephant in the room....and a key reason why so many Republicans went Froot Loops and gave us Trump.

Ah yes. When all else fails, play the reverse race card. ...Obama's been out of office > 6 yrs now. How do you describe Tim Scott ?

What you want to do, is give nothing buy sparkly-awesome reasons your party has nominated a man....three times now.....to lead you party.

You are physically unable to admit that there were, and are, many bad reasons you chaps keep nominating Trump.

Your denial is world class. A man who had Bill and Hillary at his wedding is "anti establishment". :lol: Sure he is. Keep saying that if it helps you believe it.
Trump is not the nominee yet. Maybe one of your prosecutions will take him out. Tim Scott is still in the debates & still running.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Great answer. Double down, the Republican party and its voters have no problems that need fixin'. You keep doing you.
They need to be Deprogrammed. You should apply to be a camp counselor at one of Hillary's re-education facilities.
That's right double down.

An electorate has nominated a man YOU say is unfit for office THREE TIMES.

And you're on here, telling me I'm insane for deigning to offer that there MAY be some serious problems with the voters in your Republican Party.

You keep telling us you don't support this man.....yet you act like it's impossible that the Republican base isn't 100% ok.

You do you. Keep telling us that you can't figure this out.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:16 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:54 am

That's right double down.

An electorate has nominated a man YOU say is unfit for office THREE TIMES.

And you're on here, telling me I'm insane for deigning to offer that there MAY be some serious problems with the voters in your Republican Party.

You keep telling us you don't support this man.....yet you act like it's impossible that the Republican base isn't 100% ok.

You do you. Keep telling us that you can't figure this out.
I keep telling you that Trump has not been nominated yet. I have great faith that the Deep State will get him via the Biden DoJ & state AG's & county DA's who were elected to get Trump. Even if not convicted by the time of the conventions or elections, the damage from the trials will cause him to lose the election. Biden just needs to stay alive & semi-coherent until after the election. No need to worry.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:39 am I keep telling you that Trump has not been nominated yet. I have great faith that the Deep State will get him via the Biden DoJ & state AG's & county DA's who were elected to get Trump. Even if not convicted by the time of the conventions or elections, the damage from the trials will cause him to lose the election.
I am ready and willing to wager money on this. You game?

The point stands, and you know it.
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:58 am Biden just needs to stay alive & semi-coherent until after the election. No need to worry.
Odd. Joint Chiefs said just this week that Biden is fit, and engaged. He "in on it", too?

I'm not worried about doodly. I'm ready for more tax cuts via Trump, while the Trump Base continues to circle the economic drain.

Remember bragging about how Trump won because he talked to Hillary's "forgotten voter"? :lol: Are these voter in worse shape or better shape since we had that conversation?

By why let things like facts get in the way, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:45 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:39 am I keep telling you that Trump has not been nominated yet. I have great faith that the Deep State will get him via the Biden DoJ & state AG's & county DA's who were elected to get Trump. Even if not convicted by the time of the conventions or elections, the damage from the trials will cause him to lose the election.
I am ready and willing to wager money on this. You game?

The point stands, and you know it.
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:58 am Biden just needs to stay alive & semi-coherent until after the election. No need to worry.
Odd. Joint Chiefs said just this week that Biden is fit, and engaged. He "in on it", too?

I'm not worried about doodly. I'm ready for more tax cuts via Trump, while the Trump Base continues to circle the economic drain.

Remember bragging about how Trump won because he talked to Hillary's "forgotten voter"? :lol: Are these voter in worse shape or better shape since we had that conversation?

By why let things like facts get in the way, right?
Good for you. Keep telling your uneducated farmer friends what they don't know from your social media feed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:49 am Good for you. Keep telling your uneducated farmer friends what they don't know from your social media feed.
I love how in your mind, you're in touch with rural America because (checks notes), you're a Republican (?). While I, who work with them every day, and work with my hands every day.....just have no clue. It's awesome. They'll be happy to hear that I don't know the first thing about grains and fruit, or the people who grow and harvest them.

And you're the "expert" on rural America, what with you being a (checks notes) retired ex-pilot who literally lives with the coastal elite.....who saw farms, what....50 years ago? And you don't get how condescending this is?

Protip: it's possible that, for example, my farmer friends know that Trump is full of sh(t---especially about fixing immigration and visas, and made their labor problems WORSE, not better.

And that Biden ain't helping that much, either. No need for social media. Just the good ol' scoreboard.

Protip: just because I know the r's are full of sh*t, doesn't mean that I don't know that the Dems are, too.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:03 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:49 am Good for you. Keep telling your uneducated farmer friends what they don't know from your social media feed.
I love how in your mind, you're in touch with rural America because (checks notes), you're a Republican (?). While I, who work with them every day, and work with my hands every day.....just have no clue. It's awesome. They'll be happy to hear that I don't know the first thing about grains and fruit, or the people who grow and harvest them.

And you're the "expert" on rural America, what with you being a (checks notes) retired ex-pilot who literally lives with the coastal elite.....who saw farms, what....50 years ago? And you don't get how condescending this is?

Protip: it's possible that, for example, my farmer friends know that Trump is full of sh(t---especially about fixing immigration and visas, and made their labor problems WORSE, not better.

And that Biden ain't helping that much, either. No need for social media. Just the good ol' scoreboard.

Protip: just because I know the r's are full of sh*t, doesn't mean that I don't know that the Dems are, too.
:lol: ...wassamatter ? You don't like it when I tell you what you think ? Neither do I when you tell me what I think.

You should check out the geography & demographics of southern & central coastal MD.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:21 am

:lol: ...wassamatter ? You don't like it when I tell you what you think ? Neither do I when you tell me what I think.
That's fine...except nowhere above did you tell me what I think.
You should check out the geography & demographics of southern & central coastal MD.
:lol: Right. Two hour drive from DC metro... at all times? That's your idea of rural, is it? That why they call it DMV, right?

You fellas have internet out there? Or just a couple of cans and a taught string? Must be rough. You should send for Ocean City for help.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:06 am Obama had OG Republicans spying for him? :lol: :lol:

We're in looney tunes land. A black man getting elected to the presidency really broke a good chunk of this country.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bzzfEernw
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:31 am

I was working at one of the most conservative colleges in the nation when Obama won over McCain. I'm moderate. Was similar to 9/11 and OJ's verdict in terms of observational data in our nation's history. Funny thing though, they were anti Palin/populism at the time. Now they've tacked hard right. It's been sad to see.
We’re you warming up Jerry’s wife for the pool boys on their FL trips?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You are physically unable to admit that there were, and are, many bad reasons you chaps keep nominating Trump. You are telling me your party nominated Trump three times, and you get he's unfit for office, right? Yet at the same time, you can't list negative reasons why R's keep nominating him. It's all happy-fun-naive reasons. Neat-o.

A guy who only made money by having a reality show on NBC. Not what he’s supposed to have made money on.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What help would they get from politicians that the market won’t take away though? I mean ag is what’s keeping African nations in poverty, it’s simply never going to be a skilled, value add industry. We could bounce sugar protections for FL, TX and LA and stop promoting and subsidizing corn based diets and bounce ethanol mandates but stuff like that isn’t changing the outcomes in this paradigm which is one where ag is a low value add part of a system that requires economies of scale and hyper competition to drive weak hands out.

The rest is hard to object to. Other than I think you know the reason when one is in a system where people have no choice but to do exactly as you say for decades it’s probably not likely their going to be sued to compromise, negotiation, free thinking, etc.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:44 am

That's fine...except nowhere above did you tell me what I think.
:lol: Right. Two hour drive from DC metro... at all times? That's your idea of rural, is it? That why they call it DMV, right?

You fellas have internet out there? Or just a couple of cans and a taught string? Must be rough. You should send for Ocean City for help.
Salisbury is a dump. Dealt with some banks over the bridge over the years - that eastern shore is driven year round by poultry, similar to Western VA between I81 & WV. Summers people come out. But there is some money too and Annapolis and the surrounding area would not be considered rural or what is being presented. Super expensive super parochial. Like being in Lowell MA.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:41 am

You are physically unable to admit that there were, and are, many bad reasons you chaps keep nominating Trump. You are telling me your party nominated Trump three times, and you get he's unfit for office, right? Yet at the same time, you can't list negative reasons why R's keep nominating him. It's all happy-fun-naive reasons. Neat-o.

A guy who only made money by having a reality show on NBC. Not what he’s supposed to have made money on.
During they heyday of the apprentice NBC was kissing trumps ass. Trump and NBC both made a lot of money showcasing to America what an a-hole trump was. NBC helped create the monster they now despise. I'm fairly certain the NBC brass never watched the show, only the ratings mattered.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:34 am

During they heyday of the apprentice NBC was kissing trumps ass. Trump and NBC both made a lot of money showcasing to America what an a-hole trump was. NBC helped create the monster they now despise. I'm fairly certain the NBC brass never watched the show, only the ratings mattered.
I think you’re missing the point that his inherited businesses were on the ropes, no cash flow and declining asset valuations despite a secular decline in rates over that period. He exists today because of the mainstream media allowing him to financial be viable to exist in 2014-2015. He embraced it and so did all his acolytes. The idea that he’s anti establishment should be near the top of the ludicrous and dumb statements made but given the source…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:31 am

I think you’re missing the point that his inherited businesses were on the ropes, no cash flow and declining asset valuations despite a secular decline in rates over that period. He exists today because of the mainstream media allowing him to financial be viable to exist in 2014-2015. He embraced it and so did all his acolytes. The idea that he’s anti establishment should be near the top of the ludicrous and dumb statements made but given the source…
In the context of this discussion...."why have R voters nominated Trump to be their POTUS over any other R candidate?".......the reason can't be invented or flat our wrong. Because then your confusing the cause with the effect.

In other words, you can't claim that "the reason why have D voters nominated Hillary to be their POTUS over any other Dem candidate is that she's the anti-establishment candidate".

Because that's simply not true.

What you CAN claim is "R voters nominated Trump to be their POTUS three times..... over any other R candidate, is because the media spun it so that they believe he's the anti-establishment candidate, when this is plainly not true".

In other words: media spin is why they keep supporting him. That makes sense.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:00 pm

In the context of this discussion...."why have R voters nominated Trump to be their POTUS over any other R candidate?".......the reason can't be invented or flat our wrong. Because then your confusing the cause with the effect.

In other words, you can't claim that "the reason why have D voters nominated Hillary to be their POTUS over any other Dem candidate is that she's the anti-establishment candidate".

What you CAN claim is "R voters nominated Trump to be their POTUS three times..... over any other R candidate, is because the media spun it so that they believe he's the anti-establishment candidate, when this is plainly not true".

I think the public confuses anti-establishment (which Trump and right wing media pretends) with anti-status quo. The latter would be true, the former quite definitely not true. Trump has always wanted to be accepted by the "establishment" or else to remake it in his own image. He wants the power of the elites, even if he has to seize it through propaganda or force. He despises the common man who toils, the soldier who sacrifices, the mother who weeps at the loss of her child. They are weak, while he is "strong". He's the boss and he only respects those with similar power.

There is a legitimate argument that Trump appealed to many who simply wished for a change in the status-quo, whether that was because they were frustrated in their own economic and social status potential or because they saw that status quo as inevitably restructuring social status away from the largely racial structures of the past (sheesh, a black President!), or because they were told/believed/experienced that the elites in the status quo, those who had achieved academic and economic success through the meritocracy of the past 5 decades that especially favored intellect and expertise actually looked down their noses at those who had not also achieved at the same level.

All three aspects had some truth to them, so it was certainly fertile soil for a populist who promised a change in the status quo.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:00 pm

Of course but the idea that Donald Trump wasn’t supported by MSM even before the first election is so specious as to be stupid/ignorant/dishonest in the first place. Didn’t need the first nomination let alone the second or third for this to be true/
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm I think the public confuses anti-establishment (which Trump and right wing media pretends) with anti-status quo. The latter would be true, the former quite definitely not true. Trump has always wanted to be accepted by the "establishment" or else to remake it in his own image. He wants the power of the elites, even if he has to seize it through propaganda or force.
Completely disagree. He's been a card-carrying insider 1%er since he was born. Bill and Hillary at his wedding. Mayor of the City he worked and lived in in his pocket. The literal definition of an establishment 1%er-----all the "right people" are on speed dial. Plays the game, and everyone he's "friends' with is a means to an end. A connection. A path to the very best bank and investment deals, complete access to insider info..
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm There is a legitimate argument that Trump appealed to many who simply wished for a change in the status-quo, whether that was because they were frustrated in their own economic and social status potential or because they saw that status quo as inevitably restructuring social status away from the largely racial structures of the past (sheesh, a black President!), or because they were told/believed/experienced that the elites in the status quo, those who had achieved academic and economic success through the meritocracy of the past 5 decades that especially favored intellect and expertise actually looked down their noses at those who had not also achieved at the same level.
That explains the first nomination, albeit not very well. That doesn't explain the next two. Not even close.

Is the gap between rich and poor wider after 4 years of Trump? DC-----the swamp he promised to drain-----is 60% bigger in just 4 years. The tax cut for the rich is still in place (thank you Joe Biden).

Did he pass a single bill that helps the "forgotten voter" in a meaningful, long term way? He didn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill, FFS, let alone an immigration and reform bill.

So Trump gave them: (drumroll) status quo----borrowed a bunch of money, and handed it out. TrumpVoters think the economic environment under Trump was "hard work'. Nope. Trump borrowed trillions, and handed it out.

Post Trump? Even MORE money is heading to the libs these people supposedly don't like. Education, health care....cost of living.....all far worse for these voters. All because of the things Trump did and didn't do.

Naturally, because of Right Wing spin, these voters are told not to check what REALLY happened, and so they (drumroll) blame Joe Biden for it all, and think that four more years of Trump "will be different this time". Yeah....no. Trump will accelerate their decline.

Yeah....nope.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm I think the public confuses anti-establishment (which Trump and right wing media pretends) with anti-status quo. The latter would be true, the former quite definitely not true. Trump has always wanted to be accepted by the "establishment" or else to remake it in his own image. He wants the power of the elites, even if he has to seize it through propaganda or force.
Completely disagree. He's been a card-carrying insider 1%er since he was born. Bill and Hillary at his wedding. Mayor of the City he worked and lived in in his pocket. The literal definition of an establishment 1%er-----all the "right people" are on speed dial. Plays the game, and everyone he's "friends' with is a means to an end. A connection. A path to the very best bank and investment deals, complete access to insider info..
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 pm There is a legitimate argument that Trump appealed to many who simply wished for a change in the status-quo, whether that was because they were frustrated in their own economic and social status potential or because they saw that status quo as inevitably restructuring social status away from the largely racial structures of the past (sheesh, a black President!), or because they were told/believed/experienced that the elites in the status quo, those who had achieved academic and economic success through the meritocracy of the past 5 decades that especially favored intellect and expertise actually looked down their noses at those who had not also achieved at the same level.
That explains the first nomination, albeit not very well. That doesn't explain the next two. Not even close.

Is the gap between rich and poor wider after 4 years of Trump? DC-----the swamp he promised to drain-----is 60% bigger in just 4 years. The tax cut for the rich is still in place (thank you Joe Biden).

Did he pass a single bill that helps the "forgotten voter" in a meaningful, long term way? He didn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill, FFS, let alone an immigration and reform bill.

So Trump gave them: (drumroll) status quo----borrowed a bunch of money, and handed it out. TrumpVoters think the economic environment under Trump was "hard work'. Nope. Trump borrowed trillions, and handed it out.

Post Trump? Even MORE money is heading to the libs these people supposedly don't like. Education, health care....cost of living.....all far worse for these voters. All because of the things Trump did and didn't do.

Naturally, because of Right Wing spin, these voters are told not to check what REALLY happened, and so they (drumroll) blame Joe Biden for it all, and think that four more years of Trump "will be different this time". Yeah....no. Trump will accelerate their decline.

Yeah....nope.
I'm not sure where you think you and I disagree. I certainly agree about your assessment of reality versus the fiction that Trump and right wing media have peddled to the all too gullible MAGA crowd, numbering in the many, many millions. The question I was attempting to address was what were the conditions that led these folks, some well-meaning, to be so gullible? I gave 3 such underlying conditions that I think gave rise to that gullibility, but I'm open to others.

On the 1%, of course I agree that he was born with a silver spoon...but according to those who know him, including family who should know, he never felt actually accepted. Brooklyn not Manhattan. Money, bravado and to some eyes, good lucks, were his currency in all of his 'acquisitions', not real merit much less real respect. Certainly not pedigree as his father was pretty well despised as well. IMO, the "establishment" who played ball with him were all sucking from the money teat, not based in actual friendship, much less respect. Politicians, bankers, boxers, always about the money. Women? all about the money.

Return to “POLITICS”