The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm When you use the MSN page as your homepage, that browser is high-end machine learning, along with your browser cookies and location of your internet service provider (ISP) gateway. Wanna test it out.....start clicking on Victoria Secret type stuff and you'll slowly start to see more and more female influenced articles...use the machine learning to your advantage ;) .

Recently I was researching retirement info and real estate...and it became about 50-75% of the news articles on the home page.
You should see the ads that are at the bottom of these threads based on my search preferences. Like having a free Brazzers account!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:04 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am You're beyond full of schidt this morning, TLD.
Not only beyond full of schidt, but lying too (you see the bombardment/click bait like the rest of us do, and you see others posting about it too).
Go prod/poke someone else this morning cuz I aint buyin' your bullschidt.
Have a nice day.
For instance this girl that has been championing the cause that you have mentioned several times was news to me until you mentioned her. I can’t remember her name but I thought she was an actress when you first mentioned her…..

I don’t see what you see because I don’t click on that nonsense. I don’t “interact” with stuff on social media other than liking some lacrosse or music stuff.

I can’t read the stuff in X because I won’t sign up. Never been on Tick Tock either or facebook.
Right, you click on the stories and research them but your algorithms work differently than anyone else's, you're never fed any clickbait after that. I'm the only one you get this stuff from is bullschidt. This is the only part of the cesspool that is social media I participate in too, and I sure as hell don't seek transgender info but the clickbait will pop up on my feed. Doesn't on yours so I'll try to keep you up on the latest when you come out from under your rock now and then. Oh, and I won't catch any of this on the news cuz I don't watch it (like you do but don't get/see anything about it).
ok, I'm a bit confused by this back and forth.

Exactly what "feed" are you part of, DMac, where things "pop up"???

Does this arrive by email? By text? Some other way?

For instance, I no longer do FB, and turned off the notifications...so, I no longer get any notifications in text. But IF I did return to FB for some reason, the algorithm would remember my past behaviors and feed me stuff it thinks I will react to...but since I'm not there nearly ever, I don't have any such daily experience there.

I do go to YouTube occasionally, and sign in, so I do get some right column suggestions based on prior activity and particularly searches, but you can clean this out if you want and go to a private mode that doesn't behave that way. But nothing "pops up" daily to me.

I have a Twitter account, and Instagram account, so they do know me a tiny bit, but since I never post there, never interact beyond the clicks, they don't know much. I did get notifications from Twitter, but I turned that off.

Where I DO get "pop ups" is that I subscribe to Apple News...I chose the subjects and publications I wanted to follow, so those do get 'popped up' when news breaks, stories get posted...I can scroll through quickly to see if I want to actually read any. I don't post.

I do listen to some podcasts on Spotify when I'm driving long distance or riding the tractor cutting the lawn, so they will suggest things, but my overall activity is low.

I generally go to CNN when I just want a quick scan of major stories of the day. That's not personalized to me in any way.

Sounds like TLD is similar or less than me.

So, where are you getting these pop ups in your "feed" about topics around LGBTQ+ "issues".
You forgot to mention the OnlyFans account ;)
:lol: I confess that I know what that is, but like Ashley Madison, I have never signed up...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:24 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:06 pm These were the girls on the Roanoke swimming team, girls who knew the trans when he was on the men's Roanoke swimming team. Not seeing them as haters, seeing them as girls seeking fairness (and legitimately so, IMO).
You're now going to want to take this to a whole different place. My only beef with all of this is that I see it as there having to be a cut off point. I don't think at 16 you can be competing against the boys and at 17 be competing against the girls.
How about letting girls dope?
Shhh Jenny, it’s just me Casper.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:49 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm When you use the MSN page as your homepage, that browser is high-end machine learning, along with your browser cookies and location of your internet service provider (ISP) gateway. Wanna test it out.....start clicking on Victoria Secret type stuff and you'll slowly start to see more and more female influenced articles...use the machine learning to your advantage ;) .

Recently I was researching retirement info and real estate...and it became about 50-75% of the news articles on the home page.
You should see the ads that are at the bottom of these threads based on my search preferences. Like having a free Brazzers account!
What is Brazzers?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:53 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:49 pm

What is Brazzers?
Social media content distribution business.

Part of a company once called MindGeek that created a fake pretend business sale to a “Canadian private equity” firm that was exactly the same owners. Please check out the history section. Almost as interesting a read as the transcript of Patrick Ewing’s testimony in the Gold Club Rico case.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aylo
DMac

Post by DMac »

I told you I'd keep you posted because you don't get this kind of news, TLD, so here's what I see today when I open my computer.
https://fitnessvolt.com/transgender-pow ... ld-record/
Some people will see this as haters complaining, others will see it as just being flat out unfair.
Can't find when Anne began the transition, but I'm bettin' it wasn't at ten.
There has to be a cut off point with this, and that doesn't make me a hater because I see it that way.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:18 am I told you I'd keep you posted because you don't get this kind of news, TLD, so here's what I see today when I open my computer.
Some people will see this as haters complaining, others will see it as just being flat out unfair.
There has to be a cut off point with this, and that doesn't make me a hater because I see it that way.
This is flat out ridiculous, almost comical if it wasn't so unfair.

As a fan says, let her compete with men... or start a trans weight lifting category at an accommodating organization.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:18 am I told you I'd keep you posted because you don't get this kind of news, TLD, so here's what I see today when I open my computer.
Now I know about it. This is how information gets disseminated via mass media communication channels. Today, the velocity of information is amplified and it also amplifies the perceived frequency/incidence of such events. What would you gather is the rate of incidence of transgenders individuals competing? .0005% of all athletes and it bothers you? You know what should bother you, the death rate of covid (by comparison). Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Hater complaining? :lol:

There's a big difference in the Roanoke swimmer thing vs. the power lifter.

Yes, haters will flatly state a trans woman shouldn't be on the women's swim team regardless of medical status, times, etc. But calling on a national governing body to close loopholes and address omissions that give some trans women advantages? That's what normal, rational people want. Nearly all trans people included.

The question you should ask is why do you think these things get so much media coverage? To have a calm, rational discussion to get the Canadian Powerlifting Union's bylaws updated?

Why don't you have articles in your newsfeed about the trans women competing in women's events and losing? Seems like they should get coverage, no?
Typical Lax Dad

Now for more detail:

>> The Canadian Powerlifting Union only recently updated their trans inclusion policy to emphasize that surgery, hormone therapy or even a doctor’s note would not be a requirement for trans athletes to compete in the category consistent with their gender ID.

“Trans athletes should be able to participate in the gender with which they identify, regardless of whether or not they have undergone hormone therapy,” it reads.

The guidelines hewed extremely close to the official trans recommendations developed by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport, a group funded almost exclusively by the federal government. <<

I don’t think “men” should automatically be able to compete against women. There are lots of rules regarding hormone treatment and testosterone levels that apply to men and women. These rules perhaps should he more widely adopted.

My wife was a division I Big East track athlete. I understand fairness of competition. However, I am not simple minded. It’s more to it than whether a person was born with a kitty of a “ding-a-ling” when it comes to athletic performance….DMAC would be perfectly fine with a woman doping and taking male hormones so long as she competes against other women.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

I don’t understand, these gals either have twats or they don’t? What is so complicated?

https://www.outsideonline.com/running/c ... tosterone/
DMac

Post by DMac »

As requested.
https://www.outsports.com/2019/12/3/209 ... ransgender

TLD, I don't really need you telling people what I would or wouldn't be okay with.
You don't that, and I can speak for myself.
I get that it's complicated, not cut and dry. I actually think we had unanimous agreement here re Lia Thompson.
My point has always been that there has to be a cut off point, you can't be swimming in the men's pool (competitively)
as a freshman and in the girl's pool as a sophomore (college). This doesn't make me a trans hater.
I'm insulted by some of you guys with your assumption of my ignorance. I am fully aware, and have been since long
before the discussion of trans was/is the hot topic, that we are not all born the same. I am aware that testosterone
levels are not going to be the same in all women, I know there are hermaphrodites, snakes with two heads...etc.
We don't all come wired 100% right anymore than all Mercedes do. I get all that folks.
I think it's far more complicated than to just say choose your sex today and compete against that sex.
Of course, that makes me a trans hater.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 am My wife was a division I Big East track athlete. I understand fairness of competition. However, I am not simple minded. It’s more to it than whether a person was born with a kitty of a “ding-a-ling” when it comes to athletic performance….DMAC would be perfectly fine with a woman doping and taking male hormones so long as she competes against other women.
Great. It's not about you or me after all. How does your wife, a woman (I assume) who was an athlete, feel about it?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:50 am My wife was a division I Big East track athlete. I understand fairness of competition. However, I am not simple minded. It’s more to it than whether a person was born with a kitty of a “ding-a-ling” when it comes to athletic performance….DMAC would be perfectly fine with a woman doping and taking male hormones so long as she competes against other women.
Great. It's not about you or me after all. How does your wife, a woman (I assume) who was an athlete, feel about it?
The same way I do. There needs to be guard rails around it and it’s not as simple as a ding-a-ling or a 🐈⬛ . Nobody wants a “guy” competing against “gals”….just as nobody wants anyone with enhanced testosterone levels or who has been juicing to compete. What do you think of the two African women that can’t compete? They are women are they not?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:05 pm As requested.

TLD, I don't really need you telling people what I would or wouldn't be okay with.
I get that it's complicated, not cut and dry. I actually think we had unanimous agreement here re Lia Thompson.
My point has always been that there has to be a cut off point, you can't be swimming in the men's pool (competitively)
as a freshman and in the girl's pool as a sophomore (college). This doesn't make me a trans hater.
I'm insulted by some of you guys with your assumption of my ignorance. I am fully aware, and have been since long
before the discussion of trans was/is the hot topic, that we are not all born the same. I am aware that testosterone
levels are not going to be the same in all women, I know there are hermaphrodites, snakes with two heads...etc.
We don't all come wired 100% right anymore than all Mercedes do. I get all that folks.
I think it's far more complicated than to just say choose your sex today and compete against that sex.
DMac, who has competed collegiately without taking at least a year off to transition? I would argue one year isn’t enough, personally.

Who said you are a trans hater? I haven’t. Why post these stories if you don’t have medical insight and it’s complicated since you have an open mind on the topic?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:05 pm As requested.

well, not so sure "right" is the best word to use, given context. ;)

You were on the 'right' track when you said "we are not all born the same".

And you're right, of course, about the complications. There are tradeoffs required in thinking about how to balance the equities in any decision, any 'cut-off'.

However, I think there are extremely few "men" or "women" who choose to change their gender biology and take real action to do so because they want to gain an advantage in sports. Certainly we would reject that as a valid motivation for a gender change. Probably unanimity on that.

But that's not why the vast majority of trans youth or adults decide to go through a rather major alteration in their lives. Same for trans athletes.

And that's where the lack of respect and empathy comes into play in these sorts of discussions and the degree of attention right wing media gives to it.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:23 pm
DMac, who has competed collegiately without taking at least a year off to transition? I would argue one year isn’t enough, personally.

Who said you are a trans hater? I haven’t. Why post these stories if you don’t have medical insight and it’s complicated since you have an open mind on the topic?
Geezuz H, TLD, you want to do nothing but give me hard time about this and I know we are in agreement on darn near all of this stuff.
I would argue that one year isn't enough too but of course I'm not a medical expert so I would have to know more about the entire process. So you and I agree there has to be a cut off point which is what I've said all along.
Why post anything on any threads when you're not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject? I've you before they pop up on my feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

MDlax, okay, maybe "right" isn't the best word so you put in the right one for me (but you understood exactly what I meant).
Last edited by DMac on Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:11 pm

Geezuz H, TLD, you want to do nothing but give me hard time about this and I know we are in agreement on darn near all of this stuff.
I would argue that one year isn't enough too but of course I'm not a medical expert so I would have to know more about the entire process. So you and I agree there has to be a cut off point which is what I've said all along.
Why post anything on any threads when your not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject. I've you before they pop up on feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

MDlax, okay, maybe "right" isn't the best word so you put in the right one for me (but you understood exactly what I meant).
Not sure many people pick a “sex dejour”…..not enough to be of concern. I never see this stuff…. Not sure many people here have said a guy playing lacrosse for instance should be able to move to the women’s team the next year and just play. Though I did see a guy playing field hockey. Not sure if it were varsity or club.

What man has moved to play a collegiate sport against women without transitioning and taking a year off? Legitimate question. I may have missed it so I am asking you. You brought it up.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:14 pm

Why post anything on any threads when you're not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject? I've told you before they pop up on my feed and I've posted some of them on here.
Who said I'm a trans hater? There are mighty strong connotations if you say anything other than it should be wide open, what's your sex dejour for today's competition.

Not sure many people pick a “sex dejour”…..not enough to be of concern. I never see this stuff…. Not sure many people here have said a guy playing lacrosse for instance should be able to move to the women’s team the next year and just play. Though I did see a guy playing field hockey. Not sure if it were varsity or club.

What man has moved to play a collegiate sport against women without transitioning and taking a year off? Legitimate question. I may have missed it so I am asking you. You brought it up.
Yeah, I know, you don't see this stuff that's why I'm trying to help you and keep you up on it.
Maybe a year is enough (as the NCAA sees it):
https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2022/1/27/t ... SnippetTab
I've not had any articles pop up about a man playing a collegiate sport without transitioning and taking a year off so I don't know the answer to that question. I'll keep you posted if I get any news on it though.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:14 pm

Why post anything on any threads when your not an expert and hold a PhD on the subject. I've you before they pop up on feed and I've posted some of them on here.

Does testosterone play that large a role? If a trans went through puberty as a male, seems as though there are other physiological advantages already in place that have nothing to do with testosterone levels, post transition. Doubt the ncaa knows.

Return to “POLITICS”