The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:27 pm Boy swimmer at Roanoke told he can't switch pools....by the girls (who are the ones who will solve this).
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/entir ... f4baa&ei=6
There has to be an age limit on this stuff.
Look at those girl's body language (no pun intended). Such a shame these athletes have to deal with this crap.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:50 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:27 pm Boy swimmer at Roanoke told he can't switch pools....by the girls (who are the ones who will solve this).
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/entir ... f4baa&ei=6
There has to be an age limit on this stuff.
Look at those girl's body language (no pun intended). Such a shame these athletes have to deal with this crap.
Let the transgendered join the mens team, and move on.

No one has explained how that's unacceptable....which tells me it makes perfect sense.
DMac

Post by DMac »

The swimmer (afraid of a pronoun there) was on the men's team already, wanted to switch pools and locker rooms this year.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:00 pm The swimmer (afraid of a pronoun there) was on the men's team already, wanted to switch pools and locker rooms this year.
I saw that.

It's why I ask: why can't she stay on the men's team? She gets to compete, no? So...what's the problem? How are we depriving this swimmer from competing? Locker room can't be that difficult to fix.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Completely agree. What needs to be changed in the locker room if she stays on the men's team?
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:18 pm Completely agree. What needs to be changed in the locker room if she stays on the men's team?
Beats me. Surely, something can be figured out.

I simply do not understand what the reasoning could be to not simply compete against men....doubly so for a sport like swimming, where men and women travel together to meets.

The part I don't get is: why isn't there a single trans athletes saying "yeah, I can see how this may be viewed as unfair, and I can compete against men just fine."

I must be missing something.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:18 pm Completely agree. What needs to be changed in the locker room if she stays on the men's team?
https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2023/10 ... advantage/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Plans to accommodate transgender swimmers at a World Cup meet scrapped because of lack of entries

https://apnews.com/article/transgender- ... 93e60e73b9

Shouldn't this sort of accommodation be promoted by trans-activists? Might eventually be an answer.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:37 am Plans to accommodate transgender swimmers at a World Cup meet scrapped because of lack of entries

Shouldn't this sort of accommodation be promoted by trans-activists? Might eventually be an answer.
Sound like it’s not that many people. I wonder how that could be…? I read a lot about “transgenders” here…..
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:22 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:37 am Plans to accommodate transgender swimmers at a World Cup meet scrapped because of lack of entries

Sound like it’s not that many people. I wonder how that could be…? I read a lot about “transgenders” here…..
You just aren’t using your third eye to really see them all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aQTWor_2nu4
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:44 pm
“The people that I know who are transgender, who are athletes understand the challenges they face and wanting to be active as an athlete in their sport of choice,” Cobb said.

This is what I'm talking about: how does competing with the men not satisfy the above? They get to be active in their sport of choice....the only difference is, who's in the lane next to you?

I fail to see how this doesn't solve these issues.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:01 am
“The people that I know who are transgender, who are athletes understand the challenges they face and wanting to be active as an athlete in their sport of choice,” Cobb said.

This is what I'm talking about: how does competing with the men not satisfy the above? They get to be active in their sport of choice....the only difference is, who's in the lane next to you?

I suppose it’s how you define competing versus participating. For so few athletes I am surprised at the coverage. I honestly only hear about many of these things when DMac posts them. The Lia Thomas stuff notwithstanding.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:22 am

They just need to add in the “Non Binary” class. Five of the World Marathon major races have included them with the exception of those conservative Japanese who have not included a class for them in the Tokyo Marathon. The three “them”, Jake, Jonah and Nate, finished 1-3 in the class for the Chicago Marathon. There was an increase from 70 in that group last year to 242 this year. On the application you can check the box for “Non Binary” or just check the “Prefer Not to Say” and you’re in.

Any of you men trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon? their non binary class has the same qualifying times as the women. So, 30 minutes more than the male groups. Good luck. 🍀
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:09 am

I suppose it’s how you define competing versus participating. For so few athletes I am surprised at the coverage. I honestly only hear about many of these things when DMac posts them. The Lia Thomas stuff notwithstanding.

The coverage, as you know better than I, is about clickbait and folks making money and gaining power by making it sound like 99% of the country is going trans.

This swimmer in question competed---competed----as a man last year....I'm at a loss for why it's not competing if he changes genders, and keeps competing with men.

The implied argument here is that the gender change makes their bodies unable to compete with men anymore. And I'm not seeing evidence that this is factual, and/or the same outcome for every athlete.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You only hear about this stuff when I post it????
I'm the only one who posts about this topic?
You don't see any of these headlines on your computer feed?
You don't watch any news?
You're under a rock except when you come out to participate here?
C'mon, you really think I'm that easy to bullschidt? W*T*F!!!!!
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:21 am

You only hear about this stuff when I post it????
I'm the only one who posts about this topic?
You don't see any of these headlines on your computer feed?
You don't watch any news?
You're under a rock except when you come out to participate here?
C'mon, you really think I'm that easy to bullschidt? W*T*F!!!!!
Yes. Lia Thomas was a different story. I said many of these things.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You're beyond full of schidt this morning, TLD.
Not only beyond full of schidt, but lying too (you see the bombardment/click bait like the rest of us do, and you see others posting about it too).
Go prod/poke someone else this morning cuz I aint buyin' your bullschidt.
Have a nice day.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:17 am

The coverage, as you know better than I, is about clickbait and folks making money and gaining power by making it sound like 99% of the country is going trans.

This swimmer in question competed---competed----as a man last year....I'm at a loss for why it's not competing if he changes genders, and keeps competing with men.

The implied argument here is that the gender change makes their bodies unable to compete with men anymore. And I'm not seeing evidence that this is factual, and/or the same outcome for every athlete.
I usually go and look these stories up after hearing about them here. The guy swam two years ago and has been in hormone therapy and didn’t compete last year and has left school and isn’t trying to swim with the women anymore despite what’s on the internet…..

And yes, the gender change renders them “uncompetitive”. A female can juice and raise her compete level and nobody is going to say “she still has a “jerk” so let her “compete”. Lia Thomas wasn’t competitive in many events that she competed in. There were others we never heard much about because they were losing all the time.

I don’t have the answer but I know being competitive involves more than genitals. I am surprised I am hearing about this for the first time here. Not sure when the guy left school but my guess is it wasn’t Friday.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 am You're beyond full of schidt this morning, TLD.
Not only beyond full of schidt, but lying too (you see the bombardment/click bait like the rest of us do, and you see others posting about it too).
Go prod/poke someone else this morning cuz I aint buyin' your bullschidt.
Have a nice day.
For instance this girl that has been championing the cause that you have mentioned several times was news to me until you mentioned her. I can’t remember her name but I thought she was an actress when you first mentioned her…..

I don’t see what you see because I don’t click on that nonsense. I don’t “interact” with stuff on social media other than liking some lacrosse or music stuff.

I can’t read the stuff in X because I won’t sign up. Never been on Tick Tock either or facebook.

Return to “POLITICS”