York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: York 2024

Post by Asgot »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:11 pm
Asgot wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 am Some tidbits from what I heard. York's team looked fast in the first half when the top middies played with the top attack guys. The top 5 middies played little after the first quarter. Even balance between middies and attack scoring. 3 maybe 4 deep at LSM, Close was a little thinner as a couple of upperclassmen did not play. The new kid at the X looked pretty good. lots of kids playing D-Mid. Seems like a pretty clear separation between the goalies.
did not play 2,1,14, 23.
How did the UMW grad transfer look?
I was told that #8 played in the scrimmage 2nd quarters and he supposedly played well. heard that the UMW transfer looks very good
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Congrats to Matt Whitcher (‘18) on being named to the Team USA roster for the fall classic (the only DIII player selected).

After back to back PLL championship appearances with the Waterdogs, the Dartmouth Defensive coach continues to have an impact at the pro level.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

Asgot wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:31 pm
Asgot wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:25 am Some tidbits from what I heard. York's team looked fast in the first half when the top middies played with the top attack guys. The top 5 middies played little after the first quarter. Even balance between middies and attack scoring. 3 maybe 4 deep at LSM, Close was a little thinner as a couple of upperclassmen did not play. The new kid at the X looked pretty good. lots of kids playing D-Mid. Seems like a pretty clear separation between the goalies.
did not play 2,1,14, 23.
I was told that #8 played in the scrimmage 2nd quarters and he supposedly played well. heard that the UMW transfer looks very good
I think maybe there might have been a mistake with numbers as I believe they must have saw the other goalies instead, injury is rough for any athlete. Ugh, or I could just be getting old with my eye sight.

Child’s vs Child’s game is coming soon. I see Child’s taking the win! Hahaha, just a little bit of goofing off. (laughing emoji, laughing emoji)

From the alumni game, did anyone see any defensive standouts either poles or LSM? I know they have to fill #12’s spot for sure.
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

Random thought, how would you select an “All time york team”?Top 6 of each position. Top 2 of goalie and Fogo. Would be an interesting selection.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

TheRaven wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am
did not play 2,1,14, 23.
I think maybe there might have been a mistake with numbers as I believe they must have saw the other goalies instead, injury is rough for any athlete. Ugh, or I could just be getting old with my eye sight.

Child’s vs Child’s game is coming soon. I see Child’s taking the win! Hahaha, just a little bit of goofing off. (laughing emoji, laughing emoji)

From the alumni game, did anyone see any defensive standouts either poles or LSM? I know they have to fill #12’s spot for sure.
As for defense and goalie play. Who ever played the first half played better than those that played the second half.

It was 7-1 after 1
It was 9-3 at half

Second half of the game was 3-10 for alumni

I noticed the schedule is not on the York page anymore. Wonder if changes are happening.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:47 am Random thought, how would you select an “All time york team”?Top 6 of each position. Top 2 of goalie and Fogo. Would be an interesting selection.
Here’s my list while trying to stay within your parameters (and not use any current players)-

G- Michael, Abney
FO- Sasso, Papsan
LSM- Nation, Green
SSDM- C. Ordakowski, O’Connell
D- Kennedy, Witchey, Fiorino, Beck, Kluver, Barker
A- Mayer, Pfeiffer, O’Sullivan, Gamble, H. Davis, Hutson
M- Whitcher, Wolf, Hannah, Lowe, Hvazda, Leech

Plenty of other deserving names, and different ways to approach. Do you go with total #s put up? Or the talent you saw for however short the time they were there?
Austin Glab almost made it for me, and was a toss up with a Leech and Hvazda for a midfield position. Same for McGrath at attack. Wild to remember McGrath, Pfeiffer, and Davis together at attack throwing up the numbers they did individually.
Laxattackjack wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:20 am I noticed the schedule is not on the York page anymore...
Never was posted on the site to my knowledge. Some folks have it, that’s all.
Laxgurugod718

Post by Laxgurugod718 »

I know 23 did not play. How did the other face off men look?
6rock

Post by 6rock »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:06 am Congrats to Matt Whitcher (‘18) on being named to the Team USA roster for the fall classic (the only DIII player selected).

After back to back PLL championship appearances with the Waterdogs, the Dartmouth Defensive coach continues to have an impact at the pro level.

Nobody cares expect you DeepPocket get a life. And stop sucking off York Alums. Fruit cake
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Laxgurugod718 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:57 pm I know 23 did not play. How did the other face off men look?
The other FOGO men looked great. Someone who was exceptional over last weekend was Hugo Spencer #25. He is probably the most underrated FOGO in D3. Has quick hands and a great burst of speed when controlling the pinch and pop game in the center of the field. A lot of teams don't hear about him because he has never gotten a solid opportunity to showcase his talent. Hoping he splits time with #23 this year.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

6rock wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:28 pm ...Nobody cares expect you DeepPocket get a life. And stop sucking off York Alums. Fruit cake
6rock (and all), no personal attacks.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I passed by practice last night and I was impressed by some of the freshman offensive players including 1,6,9,12,16, 31, and 42 all have a good skill and could be helpful in the future
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Asgot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:16 pm I passed by practice last night and I was impressed by some of the freshman offensive players including 1,6,9,12,16, 31, and 42 all have a good skill and could be helpful in the future
What about the local dog walker? Did you get a chance to see him? Seems like he has been watching lots of practices.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

did not play 2,1,14, 23.

Well, I watched practice after the FH on Wednesday (while walking my cat) and 4 goalies were practicing and they all looked pretty healthy, and my guy who was at the game said the LSM's all looked pretty good with 30 and 77 looking good and 45 and 18 looking good at close. there is also a very large freshman (39 I think) who physically reminds me of Greene but is not quite there yet lacrosse-wise.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Asgot wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:33 am
did not play 2,1,14, 23.

Well, I watched practice after the FH on Wednesday (while walking my cat) and 4 goalies were practicing and they all looked pretty healthy, and my guy who was at the game said the LSM's all looked pretty good with 30 and 77 looking good and 45 and 18 looking good at close. there is also a very large freshman (39 I think) who physically reminds me of Greene but is not quite there yet lacrosse-wise.

I agree Assgot. #77 Trey Snodgrass was very impressive during the alumni game. I feel like Child's should move him to close and replace him with #35 who seems to be the achilles heel of the defense . Trey lets the game come to him and is very vocal on the field. If you know anything about defense you know that communication is key to a successful defense. He can catch the ball between the lines while pushing transition which is also great. I have yet to see much from #35 yet. But who knows what can happen the fall scrimmages are round the corner.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Asgot wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:16 pm I passed by practice last night and I was impressed by some of the freshman offensive players including 1,6,9,12,16, 31, and 42 all have a good skill and could be helpful in the future
I was around practice last night as well for my usual stroll. I should of introduced myself to you. Where you standing on the fence? Next time i'll be sure to stop and say hello.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

As fate would have it, I too just so happened to be walking my pet snail by practice last night, as I often do. And I think you’re mistaken on some of the numbers, close D looked strong throughout. Perhaps you had one too many on Jackson st prior to a night classes?

(I call him Nick)
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Last edited by choochooCharlie on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:38 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 pm As fate would have it, I too just so happened to be walking my pet snail by practice last night, as I often do. And I think you’re mistaken on some of the numbers, close D looked strong throughout. Perhaps you had one too many on Jackson st prior to a night classes?

(I call him Nick)
Wait a minute…
You and Nick the snail were at practice too?

DUDE, I was the guy with the parrot on his shoulder over by the parking lot. Too funny, small world. Yea I’m not sure what 6rock was watching, cause from what I saw the team looked skilled and fast. And frankly, positive energy was the vibe (on the bench AND the field). Looks like shedding some of the negative detractors was actually “addition by subtraction” as they say in hockey. Looking forward to the coming scrimmages, and I hope some former players still on campus focusing on their studies and career paths come out to support their old team.
This thread is gotten a little creepy. Unless you have a kid playing or coaching, why would you go to a practice.?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

laxdad1434 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:07 pm This thread is gotten a little creepy. Unless you have a kid playing or coaching, why would you go to a practice.?
Lol. Right. I don’t think anybody has actually walked their cat, snail, parrot or any other exotic pet over to practice. I detect a healthy bit of sarcasm being directed at the former player who is moonlighting as 4-5 different user names saying he’s just a towny who walks by and watches practice in order to lay the groundwork for trolling his more successful former teammates.

But what would be REALLY pathetic and creepy is if the player who quit was actually going over to watch the practices of his old team just to try to troll them on the net. That’s even sadder than just wasting your time trolling.

:lol: “Nick the snail”. Love it.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:01 pm As fate would have it, I too just so happened to be walking my pet snail by practice last night, as I often do. And I think you’re mistaken on some of the numbers, close D looked strong throughout. Perhaps you had one too many on Jackson st prior to a night classes?

(I call him Nick)
Nah I got a very clear cut look at the defense and was not impressed. Sad to see they have to put in lesser talent to fill certain positions. Pretty class less that you have to assume I was publicly intoxicated because you don't agree with what I said. It's ok regulator you're still maturating as an adult just like the head coach from York.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”