Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

I heard an analysis on TV today that I thought was very enlightening to the situation Trump is in. The Democrat Congress wants him to give up all of his tax returns etc... etc... etc... so they can dig up chit to impeach him. If he doesn't give up all the stuff they want... well then they will try impeach him for that. If I was trump I would not so politely tell that formerly fat pile of excrement Nadler to go fornicate himself. What does he have to lose? The democrats want his head on a platter... trump is a big enough jerk to make them earn it. This is a very easy hand to play for a poker junkie like myself. Trump goes all in and calls the democrats bluff. The legal issue will be... are staple boys subpoenas legal since they don't directly deal with a direct crime or investigation? This entire issue has SCOTUS written all over it. What exactly does staple boy want to look at? He has to make a logical argument Trump did something wrong. Wanting to look at trumps tax returns because he THINKS there is something there... we all know the same thing. Trump will never hand them over and the democrats have a really poor case to bring to the SCOTUS.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:13 pm I heard an analysis on TV today that I thought was very enlightening to the situation Trump is in. The Democrat Congress wants him to give up all of his tax returns etc... etc... etc... so they can dig up chit to impeach him. If he doesn't give up all the stuff they want... well then they will try impeach him for that. If I was trump I would not so politely tell that formerly fat pile of excrement Nadler to go fornicate himself. What does he have to lose? The democrats want his head on a platter... trump is a big enough jerk to make them earn it. This is a very easy hand to play for a poker junkie like myself. Trump goes all in and calls the democrats bluff. The legal issue will be... are staple boys subpoenas legal since they don't directly deal with a direct crime or investigation? This entire issue has SCOTUS written all over it. What exactly does staple boy want to look at? He has to make a logical argument Trump did something wrong. Wanting to look at trumps tax returns because he THINKS there is something there... we all know the same thing. Trump will never hand them over and the democrats have a really poor case to bring to the SCOTUS.
This is the unfortunate reality we are in now. For decades, presidents and candidates have released their tax returns. The last time we had a business outsider in the presidency, R's and others made him sell his peanut farm to avoid even an iota of a conflict of interest. Carter had his issues as president, but he's been one of the finest citizens after his presidency among any of his peers. Now we have foreigners staying in our President's hotels to curry favor. Has Trump done anything close to selling a peanut farm to bring the country together in any way?

There's no incentive for Trump to release his taxes or any other info. He's not trying to be bipartisan or unite the country. He's not reaching across the aisle in any way. He's riding his base hard and putting them away wet. He's dismantling our democratic norms one tradition at a time. He's consolidating power because he can, as one half the country doesn't care and the other half doesn't have much power in the way to stop him.

My question, C&S, is, what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and Hillary was doing the same? Would you hold your government accountable?

History has a way of laughing at people when they say their country is sliding into dangerous territory politically before things go south in a very bad way...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:09 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:13 pm I heard an analysis on TV today that I thought was very enlightening to the situation Trump is in. The Democrat Congress wants him to give up all of his tax returns etc... etc... etc... so they can dig up chit to impeach him. If he doesn't give up all the stuff they want... well then they will try impeach him for that. If I was trump I would not so politely tell that formerly fat pile of excrement Nadler to go fornicate himself. What does he have to lose? The democrats want his head on a platter... trump is a big enough jerk to make them earn it. This is a very easy hand to play for a poker junkie like myself. Trump goes all in and calls the democrats bluff. The legal issue will be... are staple boys subpoenas legal since they don't directly deal with a direct crime or investigation? This entire issue has SCOTUS written all over it. What exactly does staple boy want to look at? He has to make a logical argument Trump did something wrong. Wanting to look at trumps tax returns because he THINKS there is something there... we all know the same thing. Trump will never hand them over and the democrats have a really poor case to bring to the SCOTUS.
This is the unfortunate reality we are in now. For decades, presidents and candidates have released their tax returns. The last time we had a business outsider in the presidency, R's and others made him sell his peanut farm to avoid even an iota of a conflict of interest. Carter had his issues as president, but he's been one of the finest citizens after his presidency among any of his peers. Now we have foreigners staying in our President's hotels to curry favor. Has Trump done anything close to selling a peanut farm to bring the country together in any way?

There's no incentive for Trump to release his taxes or any other info. He's not trying to be bipartisan or unite the country. He's not reaching across the aisle in any way. He's riding his base hard and putting them away wet. He's dismantling our democratic norms one tradition at a time. He's consolidating power because he can, as one half the country doesn't care and the other half doesn't have much power in the way to stop him.

My question, C&S, is, what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and Hillary was doing the same? Would you hold your government accountable?

History has a way of laughing at people when they say their country is sliding into dangerous territory politically before things go south in a very bad way...
I was questioning whether the USA had peaked a few years ago. I noted it's a young country and who knows what we will become. Old Laxpower clowns thought it was crazy talk. Empires rise and fall. Always have and always will. Just common sense. Not sure where we are but we are not where we where 25 years ago.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 am

I was questioning whether the USA had peaked a few years ago. I noted it's a young country and who knows what we will become. Old Laxpower clowns thought it was crazy talk. Empires rise and fall. Always have and always will. Just common sense. Not sure where we are but we are not where we where 25 years ago.
Seems to me that we may well be in an inflection point. It's a choice, not inevitable.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:08 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 am

Seems to me that we may well be in an inflection point. It's a choice, not inevitable.
Absolutely. What I am afraid of is a left wing nut getting in office and all hell is going to break loose if they disregard traditions and norms like Trump has and target political opponents and others. What until, "wealth inequality" becomes a "national emergency" just because the President says so.......It is a strange time.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Liar in Chief doesn't like those that follow the rules, shocker...

"President Trump on Sunday blamed the result of the Kentucky Derby on “political correctness,” arguing that the horse that crossed the wire first should not have been disqualified.

“The Kentuky Derby decision was not a good one,” Trump said in a tweet, misspelling the word “Kentucky.” “It was a rough and tumble race on a wet and sloppy track, actually, a beautiful thing to watch. Only in these days of political correctness could such an overturn occur. The best horse did NOT win the Kentucky Derby - not even close!”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 407fc65fa6

We are teaching a nation that following the rules, and spelling, dosen't matter. How soon until a deplorable makes threats against the 'kentuky" derby?

r's love their hero o d.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:13 pm Liar in Chief doesn't like those that follow the rules, shocker...

"President Trump on Sunday blamed the result of the Kentucky Derby on “political correctness,” arguing that the horse that crossed the wire first should not have been disqualified.

“The Kentuky Derby decision was not a good one,” Trump said in a tweet, misspelling the word “Kentucky.” “It was a rough and tumble race on a wet and sloppy track, actually, a beautiful thing to watch. Only in these days of political correctness could such an overturn occur. The best horse did NOT win the Kentucky Derby - not even close!”"

We are teaching a nation that following the rules, and spelling, dosen't matter. How soon until a deplorable makes threats against the 'kentuky" derby?

r's love their hero o d.
A politically incorrect correct horse?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:16 am Absolutely. What I am afraid of is a left wing nut getting in office and all hell is going to break loose if they disregard traditions and norms like Trump has and target political opponents and others.
This thought has not occurred to fake conservative Trump fans..... that when you push on the pendulum, it swings.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Wants RM not to testify.. Wonder why.

Wants a society without rules and laws or free elections.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:13 pm Liar in Chief doesn't like those that follow the rules, shocker...

r's love their hero o d.
"political correctness"???
What a butthole.

Perfectly fine to think the best horse didn't win (who does?), but that's why they run the races...and ya need to follow the darn rules.

I wonder if it occurs to him that the 'best' horse didn't win in 2016 either?
The rules gave it to the 'horse's ass' instead.

But "political correctness"???
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's hero o d on Twitter today:

Which is it the the most successful 2 years or stollen 2 years???

"Despite the tremendous success that I have had as President, including perhaps the greatest ECONOMY and most successful first two years of any President in history, they have stollen two years of my (our) Presidency (Collusion Delusion) that we will never be able to get back....."

I am guessing that when America was great, spelling was not???
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote
I wonder if it occurs to him that the 'best' horse didn't win in 2016 either?
The rules gave it to the 'horse's ass' instead.
Very well played, 76.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

The Real Trump Foreign Policy: Stoking the G.O.P. Base
By Susan E. Rice

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/opin ... e=Homepage

I understand to some on this forum Susan Rice is the Devil incarnate, be that as it may can you punch holes in her latest OpEd? Not me.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Trump's seeming unwillingness to brook any further scrutiny of his finances and behavior on the part of congress has moved me over to bring articles of impeachment proceedings against him in the house whenever there are enough democrats with the stones to do so camp. The Constitution was designed to prevent the kind of autocratic behavior that the Dumpster is now completely insisting on and that point needs to be made patently clear to the American people by the institutions the document set up to do so.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were discussing HRC my point would be this... if the people clammering for an investigation have already declared you guilty of something and have done so vocally and repeatedly in the court of public opinion HRC or DJT might come to the conclusion that any investigation will never be fair, unbiased or impartial. Some democrats have been screaming at the top of their lungs from the highest mountain to IMPEACH 45. Of course we will give him a fair and unbiased investigation first. In the meantime, just to be prepared we have started building the gallows. When you already have the verdict why bother having the trial?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The analogy does not quite work does it. In one case their is a 400 page report. The report itself has every effort being made to conceal its contents. Not to mention there are some 12,investigations currently underway on referral. There are guilty pleas, guilty verdicts, indictments and thousands of pages of evidence.

On the other side there were 8 investigations with nothing found. No indictments, no guilty pleas, no guilty verdicts nothing.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Orange Douche sends US naval vessel to provoke trouble with Iran. Obviously, his puppet string master is telling him what to do:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU88 - started and sold 3 companies - you break allot of china along the way - read the Gates, Jobs, Buffett, and Rockefeller stories...….not an angel amongst them. Play by the rules, get a government job, although I did break allot of rules in the military and thankfully it never caught up.

The Kentucky Derby - you all are being played like no tomorrow. Would NOT surprise me if he misspelled Kentucky on purpose. Bunch of rich white guys with nice degrees from great schools - now play ball with the your perceived low lifes who do not have family recognition or someone to pay for that education, that is what Trump plays to. Trump is playing you all like a violen......rich, elitists, lax bro culture - afan has nailed this all the way - his supporters cannot afford his changes and programs BUT they support him because he punches most of you in the face and you have no counter and he will keep punching, complaining ain't an answer.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

calourie wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:49 am Trump's seeming unwillingness to brook any further scrutiny of his finances and behavior on the part of congress has moved me over to bring articles of impeachment proceedings against him in the house whenever there are enough democrats with the stones to do so camp. The Constitution was designed to prevent the kind of autocratic behavior that the Dumpster is now completely insisting on and that point needs to be made patently clear to the American people by the institutions the document set up to do so.
[/quote/]

Maybe we can trade Trump’s tax returns for the names of the members of Congress that settled all of the employee complaints, most likely sexual harassment.

With our tax dollars BTW.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”