All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:17 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:50 pm 1,826 pages and not one person's mind has been changed.
What are the odds of that changing in the next 1,826 pages?
I'm putting that at zero but carry on fellas.
Oh, and GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure anyone wants to “change anyone’s mind”……my sisters’s mind was changed when her best friend came down with COVID from a co-worker…..co-worker was dead inside of two weeks. Changed her friend’s mind about vaccines too….wasn’t from some guys in the internet. Like the person that wants to quit smoking after the cancer diagnosis…..no amount of information would change their mind before that. Brother gave it up after his diagnosis….he survived though.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:17 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:50 pm 1,826 pages and not one person's mind has been changed.
What are the odds of that changing in the next 1,826 pages?
I'm putting that at zero but carry on fellas.
Oh, and GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!
Not sure anyone wants to “change anyone’s mind”……my sisters’s mind was changed when her best friend came down with COVID from a co-worker…..co-worker was dead inside of two weeks. Changed her friend’s mind about vaccines too….wasn’t from some guys in the internet. Like the person that wants to quit smoking after the cancer diagnosis…..no amount of information would change their mind before that. Brother gave it up after his diagnosis….he survived though.
Yep…. No amount of facts, logic and probability is going to make any difference in the “mind that has been made up” based on a hope, a prayer and faith. When death is calling, that tune changes quickly.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Scientists responsible for Covid vax received the Nobel Prize
Typical Lax Dad

OCanada wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:56 am Scientists responsible for Covid vax received the Nobel Prize
Yep….that prize is often awarded for things that don’t work.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

OCanada wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:56 am Scientists responsible for Covid vax received the Nobel Prize
Well that was quick. Normally Nobel Prizes are awarded years after discovery. Jury still out in re to "safe and effective." Time will tell.

Politics in everything I guess :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:18 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:43 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:14 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:59 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm
Guess you missed his bio? He's your kinda dude, straight up medical establishment royalty, you know, the only people YOU trust. And yet... no booster for him (last year or now) especially after pushing the Covid mRNA vaxx for the past three years... to children no less.

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

You tell us that you understand the difference between individual health and public health...yet you keep making statements like the above that clearly shows you DON'T understand the difference.

Yet here you are, telling us that you can't figure out why the CDC would want kids to get vaccinated in 2023.

BTW, this doctor is talking about HIS risk/reward decision Tech. Not yours. Not mine. Not America's. His. If your'e going to cite these things, at least pay attention to what he's saying. Not one word of what he is uttering applies to anyone but himself in the clip you gave us.

And the part you and TeamTinFoil will leave out is: ask Dr. Offit what his advice is on the vaccine boosters. You're acting like you think he'll tell you not to take it.

And what he's gonna say is: ask your personal doctor, who knows your personal risk/reward analysis that he (Offit) just described.

And we're right back to where we started: ask your doctor.
:lol: :lol:

“Dr. Paul Offit, head of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's advisory committee, adds that people who haven't had the most recent booster and are at high risk of severe disease should talk to their doctor about getting the shot now. That groups includes older adults, people with underlying health conditions, pregnant women and people who are immunocompromised.”
:roll:
I noticed he didn’t say, “do what I do” like Tech is suggesting….
Well that's surely a lie. I've never suggested anyone do anything on this board except perhaps broaden their sources of info, which you undoubtedly should. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in re to Covid when it pops up, as with Offit. Without a doubt, in time there will be plenty more. ;)
I read a varied and broad sampling from the medical establishment. I will leave the witch doctors and shaman to you and your crowd. You can also pray on it.
That's fine. Just stop lying. You're certainly smart enough to state your case(s) without stooping to that. ;)
:lol: Tech's not going to come back and answer your question...after calling you a liar.
Well, what he said was not true. What would you call it? I never "suggested" anything of the sort. But go ahead and spin that too a fan.

BTW, nice job with the coaching patronization for TLD. :roll: Hint:

He doesn't need your help.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:09 am
Well that was quick. Normally Nobel Prizes are awarded years after discovery. Jury still out in re to "safe and effective." Time will tell.

what "jury" is "still out"???

The evidence of safety/effectiveness is overwhelming.

Would folks like it to be perfectly safe in all cases and perfectly effective in all cases? sure.
But overwhelmingly effective in reducing hospitalizations and deaths.

The "jury" is fully in.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:22 am
Guess you missed his bio? He's your kinda dude, straight up medical establishment royalty, you know, the only people YOU trust. And yet... no booster for him (last year or now) especially after pushing the Covid mRNA vaxx for the past three years... to children no less.

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

You tell us that you understand the difference between individual health and public health...yet you keep making statements like the above that clearly shows you DON'T understand the difference.

Yet here you are, telling us that you can't figure out why the CDC would want kids to get vaccinated in 2023.

BTW, this doctor is talking about HIS risk/reward decision Tech. Not yours. Not mine. Not America's. His. If your'e going to cite these things, at least pay attention to what he's saying. Not one word of what he is uttering applies to anyone but himself in the clip you gave us.

And the part you and TeamTinFoil will leave out is: ask Dr. Offit what his advice is on the vaccine boosters. You're acting like you think he'll tell you not to take it.

And what he's gonna say is: ask your personal doctor, who knows your personal risk/reward analysis that he (Offit) just described.

“Dr. Paul Offit, head of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's advisory committee, adds that people who haven't had the most recent booster and are at high risk of severe disease should talk to their doctor about getting the shot now. That groups includes older adults, people with underlying health conditions, pregnant women and people who are immunocompromised.”
Well that's surely a lie. I've never suggested anyone do anything on this board except perhaps broaden their sources of info, which you undoubtedly should. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in re to Covid when it pops up, as with Offit. Without a doubt, in time there will be plenty more. ;)
I read a varied and broad sampling from the medical establishment. I will leave the witch doctors and shaman to you and your crowd. You can also pray on it.
That's fine. Just stop lying. You're certainly smart enough to state your case(s) without stooping to that. ;)
:lol: Tech's not going to come back and answer your question...after calling you a liar.
Well, what he said was not true. What would you call it? I never "suggested" anything of the sort. But go ahead and spin that too a fan.

Those damn elites! They are all in on it. The vaccine doesn’t work and it’s dangerous. mRNA is unproven! …..I read it on twitter (X).

https://penntoday.upenn.edu/news/katali ... 20Medicine.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

BTW, what did I say that’s a “lie”? I try my very best not to lie. Nothing worse than a lier except for maybe a hypocrite. Also, “a misunderstanding or a mistake is not a lie. Do you agree or disagree?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

tech, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you really don't understand what the pattern of your posts "suggests".

But yeah, when you consistently post stuff that someone, if not you explicitly, claims disproves some aspect of consensus science, the 'suggestion' is that you agree with these 'claims'.

And when you don't examine the 'stuff' closely enough to see how the 'claim' is actually specious, that confirms for many readers that your own biases either get in the way of such examination and/or that you are 'suggesting' agreement knowing and aware that it's a really weak or specious 'claim'. The former is understandable as we all have biases, the latter is unethical. I assume the former is the case for you, but it obviously isn't such with many of your sources cited.

Does that help you understand why readers think you are doing much more than saying others should "perhaps broaden their sources of info"?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:17 am

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

BTW, what did I say that’s a “lie”? I try my very best not to lie. Nothing worse than a lier except for maybe a hypocrite. Also, “a misunderstanding or a mistake is not a lie. Do you agree or disagree?
Okay, perhaps a misunderstanding. Let's not forget, at the time, I also wrote this (my benefit of doubt to you):

"You're certainly smart enough to state your case(s) without stooping to that."

Of course a fan conveniently cut this out since it didn't help to make his point. He does this sort of thing often.

Also going forward, you must realize that you're not the easiest person to communicate with when 99% of your posts are making a joke, or are at least, sarcastic. Tough to ever take you seriously ;)
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Okay, perhaps a misunderstanding. Let's not forget, at the time, I also wrote this (my benefit of doubt to you):

"You're certainly smart enough to state your case(s) without stooping to that."

Of course a fan conveniently cut this out since it didn't help to make his point. He does this sort of thing often.

Also going forward, you must realize that you're not the easiest person to communicate with when 99% of your posts are making a joke, or are at least, sarcastic. Tough to ever take you seriously ;)
85% is probably closer. But again, it’s easy to say, “you may have misunderstood, this is what I meant”…..too often a few folks here would rather be cryptic or leave it to the reader to decide what the writer meant and then whine when they are misunderstood.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Doesnt matter since you haven’t transcended like our own Zarathustra there.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Yeah, you did suggest that.

This is what you do: vague post, suggest things, and then blame other posters for daring to interpret your words. Out comes the claims of strawmen, spin...and in this case....lying.

But I'll bite for the 1,000th time. Here's your words:

Still don't get it?

What do these words mean, if you're not posting this to show what YOU think Offit is a hypocritical member of the 'medical establishment" who is telling the populace to talk to their doctor to get vaccinated (including kids), while he himself isn't taking the last two boosters.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:57 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Yeah, you did suggest that.

This is what you do: vague post, suggest things, and then blame other posters for daring to interpret your words. Out comes the claims of strawmen, spin...and in this case....lying.

But I'll bite for the 1,000th time. Here's your words:

Still don't get it?

What do these words mean, if you're not posting this to show what YOU think Offit is a hypocritical member of the 'medical establishment" who is telling the populace to talk to their doctor to get vaccinated (including kids), while he himself isn't taking the last two boosters.
You forgot that the link that accompanied that post made no reference to Offit suggesting people consult with their doctor. That was buried. You had to find that out by “doing your own research”….otherwise it seemed that Dr. Offit didn’t trust the vaccine……. At least, that is what it seemed like to me.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:09 am

Would folks like it to be perfectly safe in all cases and perfectly effective in all cases? sure.

The "jury" is fully in.
More thoughts from "some guy on substack".

And it would take tech all of two seconds to look at just a few Nobel Medical winners to find out that it's not at all unusual to get the award a year or two after said breakthrough. But why let pesky details get in the way of a substack conspiracy..........
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:22 am

The "jury" is fully in.

And it would take tech all of two seconds to look at just a few Nobel Medical winners to find out that it's not at all unusual to get the award a year or two after said breakthrough. But why let pesky details get in the way of a substack conspiracy..........
Oh right, forgot about Obama. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:24 am

The "jury" is fully in.

I was going to correct you, and tell you that we're talking about the Nobel Prize for Medicine, and that that award has been given out multiple times within a couple of years for things like the invention of insulin.

But then I remembered who i was talking to....what was I thinking? A man who gets his medical advice from Rock critics probably DOES think that like you, Obama has a "Google MD in all things medicine'. (He does...Obama's speciality is substack dental advice)

On an unrelated note....when you head to the local used CD & Vinyl store to get advice and treatment for your arthritis, can you pick up a vinyl copy of Earth Wind & Fire's Greatest Hits? Also....favor for TLD and me-----ask the clerk if it's true that the fake moon landing was a cash grab to fund Fauci's medical education all those years ago.

Thanks! ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:52 am

The "jury" is fully in.

I was going to correct you, and tell you that we're talking about the Nobel Prize for Medicine, and that that award has been given out multiple times within a couple of years for things like the invention of insulin.

But then I remembered who i was talking to....what was I thinking? A man who gets his medical advice from Rock critics probably DOES think that like you, Obama has a "Google MD in all things medicine'. (He does...Obama's speciality is substack dental advice)

On an unrelated note....when you head to the local used CD & Vinyl store to get advice and treatment for your arthritis, can you pick up a vinyl copy of Earth Wind & Fire's Greatest Hits? Also....favor for TLD and me-----ask the clerk if it's true that the fake moon landing was a cash grab to fund Fauci's medical education all those years ago.

Thanks! ;)
Why didn't Robert Malone receive it.....he pioneered mRNA?

Seems the goal in everything is to minimize the value of an award, by awarding it to those who benefited on the backs of others.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:52 am

The "jury" is fully in.

Thanks! ;)
Actually, I chuckled at tech's crack about Obama. Chuckled at this too!

Return to “POLITICS”