The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:00 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:27 am
CU88a wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:27 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
The nation could do worse.
Very impressive, poised, honorable young woman. 👍
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
Anybody stating the truth about what they witnessed is still only telling one side of the story. For as long as I have been alive this has always been true... there are always 2 sides to every story.
Anyone willing to testify under oath is free to do so, cradle. No one under oath has contradicted her statements.
On a side note, since I know your an Orioles fan we both can remember Brooks Robinson. What a great guy and nobody played 3rd base better in my lifetime.
+1 (minus the spelling error)
agreed re Brooks; after growing up watching him play, I had the pleasure of meeting him several times later in life.
But could he barbecue like Boog or rock tight whities is like Jim Palmer?
Now if you had said Andy Nelson instead of Boog you might be talking

Listened to part of today’s Tony kornehiser podcast just a little while ago while running and interesting hypothetical for the Crab licker crowd:

Mount Rushmore, four (4) heads. Who’s on it for Baltimore baseball?

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

That’s all they mentioned here - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0629397093

Some of you guys may suggest others but from my memory ans baseball knowledge it drops off a cliff. Maybe Palmiero to a degree, MIke Mussina or one of those late 60s/70s pitchers (Cuellar/McNally).

Personally, I think Ripken is overrated and would have the first four. Murray is underrated.
Not Palmiero. Mussina finished up as a Yankee if I recall, so "traitor".

Ripken certainly represented "the Oriole Way" in the old school fashion of Brooks and Frank and some others including our regular 20 game winning pitchers. Palmer has also had such a great post playing association with the team.

And all that is what is so much fun about the current crop of young players coming up from the farm system, playing with a combination of joy and discipline...old school...hopefully these guys will decide that the model of sticking with the team over the long haul can pay enormous brand dividends, if not the highest possible short term salary...small market teams are at a big disadvantage...
What about Albert Bell?
ugh, the death knell of the "Oriole Way" for nearly a generation...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

I was at all three WS games at the Vet in 1983. My recollection is that Eddie Murray hit five home runs in each game. Or something like that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Dems tolerance & trivialization of crime is destroying our cities. Combined with the chaos on the border, now streaming into sanctuary cities, ...the Dems are gonna pay on election day.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/27/influence ... a-looting/
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Sure. I watched the GOP “debate” and a little of the indicted moron’s rambling word mash at a non-union shop appealing for the UAW vote. And watched the House Republicans spend another day floundering in bad performance art, like voting to reduce the Secretary of Defense’s salary to $1.00. It’s looking good for all of us. Back to walking dogs for you, OK?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:44 am Sure. I watched the GOP “debate” and a little of the indicted moron’s rambling word mash at a non-union shop appealing for the UAW vote. And watched the House Republicans spend another day floundering in bad performance art, like voting to reduce the Secretary of Defense’s salary to $1.00. It’s looking good for all of us. Back to walking dogs for you, OK?
Back up the bus there counselor, you do walk your beagle don't you?? I walk Roxy every day I can. A true fact, a dog will NEVER complain when it comes going for a walk.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:08 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:44 am Sure. I watched the GOP “debate” and a little of the indicted moron’s rambling word mash at a non-union shop appealing for the UAW vote. And watched the House Republicans spend another day floundering in bad performance art, like voting to reduce the Secretary of Defense’s salary to $1.00. It’s looking good for all of us. Back to walking dogs for you, OK?
Back up the bus there counselor, you do walk your beagle don't you?? I walk Roxy every day I can. A true fact, a dog will NEVER complain when it comes going for a walk.
Beagle died of cancer in February. I’m just trying to get OS to do something useful in what is plainly his dotage.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:52 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:27 am
CU88a wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:27 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
The nation could do worse.
Very impressive, poised, honorable young woman. 👍
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
Anybody stating the truth about what they witnessed is still only telling one side of the story. For as long as I have been alive this has always been true... there are always 2 sides to every story.
Anyone willing to testify under oath is free to do so, cradle. No one under oath has contradicted her statements.
On a side note, since I know your an Orioles fan we both can remember Brooks Robinson. What a great guy and nobody played 3rd base better in my lifetime.
+1 (minus the spelling error)
agreed re Brooks; after growing up watching him play, I had the pleasure of meeting him several times later in life.
But could he barbecue like Boog or rock tight whities is like Jim Palmer?
Now if you had said Andy Nelson instead of Boog you might be talking

Listened to part of today’s Tony kornehiser podcast just a little while ago while running and interesting hypothetical for the Crab licker crowd:

Mount Rushmore, four (4) heads. Who’s on it for Baltimore baseball?

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

That’s all they mentioned here - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0629397093

Some of you guys may suggest others but from my memory ans baseball knowledge it drops off a cliff. Maybe Palmiero to a degree, MIke Mussina or one of those late 60s/70s pitchers (Cuellar/McNally).

Personally, I think Ripken is overrated and would have the first four. Murray is underrated.
Bobby Grich always gets lost in this discussion. He was a Hall of Fame worthy 2nd baseman. 5 gold gloves says it all. Bobby tends to get lost in this discussion.
He did spend the 2nd half of his career playing for the Angels. He was a great infielder that could play any spot in the infield well.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:08 am
Beagle died of cancer in February. I’m just trying to get OS to do something useful in what is plainly his dotage.
I'm sorry to hear about your beagle buddie. Roxy has some beagle in her. When we walk she spends most of her time with her nose to ground. She can smell a chipmunk in the brush all day long. She can also smell a chicken wing tossed in the grass. I am truly sorry about your beagle. I know your dog was faithful and loving friend who had a wonderful life.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:13 am The Dems tolerance & trivialization of crime is destroying our cities. Combined with the chaos on the border, now streaming into sanctuary cities, ...the Dems are gonna pay on election day.

Fox propaganda (they own the NY Post) - now you can vote for your hero Orange Fatso. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:41 am
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:13 am The Dems tolerance & trivialization of crime is destroying our cities. Combined with the chaos on the border, now streaming into sanctuary cities, ...the Dems are gonna pay on election day.

Fox propaganda (they own the NY Post) - now you can vote for your hero Orange Fatso. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
So how is that any different than CNN/ MSNBC propaganda? They own the mainstream media to include the New York Times. That fact must have conveniently slipped your mind :D
Those are the same folks telling us Joe Biden has no issues with cognitive decline. His handlers have to find new and creative ways for him to board AF 1. The optics of knowing Joe will faceplant on the stairs is pretty scary to them. They even have him wearing sneakers instead of dress shoes. What scares me is all of you trying to tell me that there is nothing wrong with Joe. Then why are y'all not wild and enthusiastic about Joe in 2024? :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:55 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:41 am

So how is that any different than CNN/ MSNBC propaganda? They own the mainstream media to include the New York Times. That fact must have conveniently slipped your mind :D
Many on the left are fascist. If the left only has 99% of the message with media, entertainment, and academia, it isn’t enough. They want 100% control of others opinions
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Does either party have a plan to fix the festering sore at the southern border? Hell, even the "sanctuary city" Mayors are screaming bloody murder saying they can't handle more illegals. When you look at the southern border the stream of new " guests" continues unabated. My original question still stands...does either party have a plan? Even an imperfect plan is better than no plan.
Bob Ross:
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:09 am Does either party have a plan to fix the festering sore at the southern border? Hell, even the "sanctuary city" Mayors are screaming bloody murder saying they can't handle more illegals. When you look at the southern border the stream of new " guests" continues unabated. My original question still stands...does either party have a plan? Even an imperfect plan is better than no plan.
You are missing the objective. The left wants illegals to take over Texas. They don’t want “those” people coming to northern cities and towns. the goal is to overwhelm texas and AZ to the point dems hope to take over those states.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man, those Dems are quite a clever and devious lot.
You've got some mighty good inside scoop, keep us posted.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Jumbo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:09 am Does either party have a plan to fix the festering sore at the southern border? Hell, even the "sanctuary city" Mayors are screaming bloody murder saying they can't handle more illegals. When you look at the southern border the stream of new " guests" continues unabated. My original question still stands...does either party have a plan? Even an imperfect plan is better than no plan.
You are missing the objective. The left wants illegals to take over Texas. They don’t want “those” people coming to northern cities and towns. the goal is to overwhelm texas and AZ to the point dems hope to take over those states.
Umm, baloney much? The "right" does nothing on this issue, and we all know why: the GOP wants this issue on the table to talk about and talk about and talk about because the GOP no longer governs via policy discussions and legislation, no longer knows how to legislate really at all, and preserve the "southern border" as a stage on which all of their performance artistry can be performed. What would Greg Abbott do without this issue to complain about, show his "zeal" -- by setting up special drowning stations along the Rio Grande -- and bottle up some immigrants to send to Blue States, all to lick the boots of the racists that support him.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: You already tried this game with Trump...or have you forgotten so quickly?

We voted the R's in to fix the problem. And they did (drumroll) NOTHING about these problems.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Jumbo wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 am
What needs to happen for you to figure out our leaders are playing us, and the 1%ers prefer the status quo? The Republicans have been selling to you that they'll fix the problem for over two decades now, my man. And yet.....they can't even go after businesses for breaking labor laws, like they promised.

Protip: try and discuss this issue without mentioning the Dems. Tell us what the R's will do. The last R we elected did NOTHING.

And Trump, in case you missed the memo, has lined his pockets with illegal labor at his properties since he was in diapers. Why would you think that he would be the guy to fix this?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:32 am

:lol: You already tried this game with Trump...or have you forgotten so quickly?

We voted the R's in to fix the problem. And they did (drumroll) NOTHING about these problems.
Anyone see Gavin Newsom's comments on this topic post debate?

Miami and Jacksonville each have higher murder rates than San Fran, LA, and NYC.

Indeed, 8 of the 10 states with the highest murder rates and other violent and proper crime rates are red, not blue.

He then said that he and all in authority need to "own" the problem of rampant theft gangs etc. Needs to be addressed everywhere. He says Dems as well as R's need to "own" this problem and stop it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:46 am

Miami and Jacksonville each have higher murder rates than San Fran, LA, and NYC.

Indeed, 8 of the 10 states with the highest murder rates and other violent and proper crime rates are red, not blue.

He then said that he and all in authority need to "own" the problem of rampant theft gangs etc. Needs to be addressed everywhere. He says Dems as well as R's need to "own" this problem and stop it.
States? My ole my, how we use stats to favor an argument. That is the classic 'I failed argument' when you project a collective "we" need to fix this.

Did you happen to see Newsome on 60 Minutes last weekend. He now wants to State Run Conservatorship.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:15 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:46 am

States? My ole my, how we use stats to favor an argument. That is the classic 'I failed argument' when you project a collective "we" need to fix this.

Did you happen to see Newsome on 60 Minutes last weekend. He now wants to State Run Conservatorship.
You might want to learn to spell his name correctly. :roll:

I didn't see the 60 Minutes interview and am not sure what you mean by "He now wants to State Run Conservatorship". But I'll try to figure it out and get back to you. ;)

Yes, this was in response to (Governor) Desantis attacking this issue specifically about those cities having serious issues and blaming this on Biden and Democrats in general. Note, Jacksonville and Miami are in Florida, DeSantis' state. Miami has a Republican Mayor, BTW.

And yes, trying to make this about Democrats is quite BS, when 8 that are thoroughly dominated by R's are in the top 10 most violent crime states. Clearly Republican management of those states isn't the answer...and surely the President of the full US isn't the problem for those states, right?

And yeah, facts are stubborn things.

Return to “POLITICS”