The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
The nation could do worse.
The nation WILL do worse in 2024. Full stop.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:27 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
Very impressive, poised, honorable young woman. 👍
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
Anybody stating the truth about what they witnessed is still only telling one side of the story. For as long as I have been alive this has always been true... there are always 2 sides to every story.
N+1 sides. Perspective of all “N” observers plus the “truth.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:08 pm
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
Anybody stating the truth about what they witnessed is still only telling one side of the story. For as long as I have been alive this has always been true... there are always 2 sides to every story.
:lol: :lol: That is right! You are twisted!
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:16 pm

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Anyone willing to testify under oath is free to do so, cradle. No one under oath has contradicted her statements.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:59 pm

Anyone willing to testify under oath is free to do so, cradle. No one under oath has contradicted her statements.
Since you were asleep at the switch there PeeWee did you pay attention to what was said?? They testified under oath they suffered from HRC syndrome. They didn't refute what those god damn whistle blowers said. They just don't remember what was said or they don't recall. Too bad these elite law enforcement didn't take " copious notes" like the whistle blower did. It is funny how you skate right over that fact. When the facts don't fit your perspective you do what any bona fide liberal will do...deflect, deny and lie... :D
You must have been reading The Art of the Deal?? There is a popular saying among poker players. It should even make sense to you. Money talks and bullchit walks. The DoJ are the folks shoveling the bullchit and your the guy lapping it all up. :D
Had these been trump DoJ people testifying under oath your sceptical nature would have kicked into overdrive.

On a side note, since I know your an Orioles fan we both can remember Brooks Robinson. What a great guy and nobody played 3rd base better in my lifetime.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:40 am

On a side note, since I know your an Orioles fan we both can remember Brooks Robinson. What a great guy and nobody played 3rd base better in my lifetime.
+1 (minus the spelling error)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88a wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 am

agreed re Brooks; after growing up watching him play, I had the pleasure of meeting him several times later in life.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Since you were asleep at the switch there PeeWee did you pay attention to what was said?? They testified under oath they suffered from HRC syndrome. They didn't refute what those god damn whistle blowers said. They just don't remember what was said or they don't recall. Too bad these elite law enforcement didn't take " copious notes" like the whistle blower did. It is funny how you skate right over that fact. When the facts don't fit your perspective you do what any bona fide liberal will do...deflect, deny and lie... :D
You must have been reading The Art of the Deal?? There is a popular saying among poker players. It should even make sense to you. Money talks and bullchit walks. The DoJ are the folks shoveling the bullchit and your the guy lapping it all up. :D
Had these been trump DoJ people testifying under oath your sceptical nature would have kicked into overdrive.

who are you talking about, cradle?

The people in the White House are not "DOJ people". They are political appointees. And, my understanding is that some of the legal folks from Office of Chief Counsel, actually did testify, we saw quite a bit of their testimony in the Jan 6 hearings, which you also avoided watching. "Team normal". Like Cassidy these were loyal Trump folks...up until they saw him go nuts over those last weeks. But the purely political folks were/are the weasels.

Again, no one has gone under oath and contradicted Cassidy's under oath testimony. They are free to do so...but haven't.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Not the easiest read for me but Heideggers got Truth on lock. With “receipts”.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/ab ... 079EBF2540#
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:27 am

agreed re Brooks; after growing up watching him play, I had the pleasure of meeting him several times later in life.
But could he barbecue like Boog or rock tight whities is like Jim Palmer?
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:32 pm

Now if you had said Andy Nelson instead of Boog you might be talking
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Listened to part of today’s Tony kornehiser podcast just a little while ago while running and interesting hypothetical for the Crab licker crowd:

Mount Rushmore, four (4) heads. Who’s on it for Baltimore baseball?

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

That’s all they mentioned here - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0629397093

Some of you guys may suggest others but from my memory ans baseball knowledge it drops off a cliff. Maybe Palmiero to a degree, MIke Mussina or one of those late 60s/70s pitchers (Cuellar/McNally).

Personally, I think Ripken is overrated and would have the first four. Murray is underrated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:D Everyone has their strong suits...

Boog couldn't rock the tightie whities either!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:53 pm

:D Everyone has their strong suits...

Boog couldn't rock the tightie whities either!
Probably looked like a larger version of this in the 70s in those

https://youtu.be/74M0hPAeFHs?si=LdNv2EMYCGGcHnnC
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:46 pm

Listened to part of today’s Tony kornehiser podcast just a little while ago while running and interesting hypothetical for the Crab licker crowd:

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

That’s all they mentioned here - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0629397093

Some of you guys may suggest others but from my memory ans baseball knowledge it drops off a cliff. Maybe Palmiero to a degree, MIke Mussina or one of those late 60s/70s pitchers (Cuellar/McNally).

Personally, I think Ripken is overrated and would have the first four. Murray is underrated.
Not Palmiero. Mussina finished up as a Yankee if I recall, so "traitor".

Ripken certainly represented "the Oriole Way" in the old school fashion of Brooks and Frank and some others including our regular 20 game winning pitchers. Palmer has also had such a great post playing association with the team.

And all that is what is so much fun about the current crop of young players coming up from the farm system, playing with a combination of joy and discipline...old school...hopefully these guys will decide that the model of sticking with the team over the long haul can pay enormous brand dividends, if not the highest possible short term salary...small market teams are at a big disadvantage...
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

My experience, there are 2 sides and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

Ripken certainly represented "the Oriole Way" in the old school fashion of Brooks and Frank and some others including our regular 20 game winning pitchers. Palmer has also had such a great post playing association with the team.

And all that is what is so much fun about the current crop of young players coming up from the farm system, playing with a combination of joy and discipline...old school...hopefully these guys will decide that the model of sticking with the team over the long haul can pay enormous brand dividends, if not the highest possible short term salary...small market teams are at a big disadvantage...
What about Albert Bell?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

lagerhead wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm

My experience, there are 2 sides and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.
"somewhere"...of course, sometimes it's super obvious who is 'telling the truth' to the best of their ability and who is lying through their teeth. In such instances, the "somewhere" is at least close to the truth effort...one clue, as in this instance is when someone testifies under oath, and ostensibly against their personal financial interest, and in the face of real threats to their safety...versus those unwilling to testify under oath...

That doesn't mean that the truth teller has every detail, every recollection, 100% accurate,,,so not pure "truth"...but likely to be darn close.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:00 pm

Frank Robinson
Brooks Robinson
Jim Palmer
Eddie Murray
Cal Ripken

What about Albert Bell?
ugh, the death knell of the "Oriole Way" for nearly a generation...

Return to “POLITICS”