The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: 2024

Post by youthathletics »

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suffers assassination scare: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxQbRCFO ... BiNWFlZA==
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:40 pm Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suffers assassination scare: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxQbRCFO ... BiNWFlZA==
Did you bother to read the comments by police officers and others calling BS ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:14 pm Yes, prioritization, planning and funding are ideal. Unfortunately, as I alluded before, when budgets are tight, it's often back-burnered.
And yes, you are correct, a good job training or resource awareness program often takes 6mos or longer to get staffed, implemented and then rolled out.
This is the part my wife works on------workforce training to get folks off assistance, and into the workforce.

She worked at the Ford Poverty Center at UMich for a decade before following me to Denver. You'd be surprised how many brilliant minds from brilliant schools are working on these issues around the country. Politics hampers their good work.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am This is the part my wife works on------workforce training to get folks off assistance, and into the workforce.

She worked at the Ford Poverty Center at UMich for a decade before following me to Denver. You'd be surprised how many brilliant minds from brilliant schools are working on these issues around the country. Politics hampers their good work.
Highly commendable, very doubtful she'll ever run out of work.
My friend's son was just approved for Medicaid, also for SNAP benefits to the tune of $500+ a month for his daughter and himself (not married, living with the mother of their child....why would they get married? She makes enough so they'd lose those bennies if they get married). He's 31, claims $20K annually which is absolute BS....owns a house, rents out half of it...$1200/mo, house is paid for....good money in pot. How do you get this guy to go legit? How much would he pay for health insurance that's as good as Medicaid? $500/mo for food for one adult and a one month old? I could eat pretty high on the hog on 500 free dollars a month for food. There's no incentive for him (them) to get off assistance. The benefits many get eliminate the incentive of getting back into the work force. You've got to have a damn good paying job in order to give up a couple of K a month to take that job (and your health insurance won't be nearly as good as the one you're getting for free). Quite a delema.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:40 pm Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suffers assassination scare: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxQbRCFO ... BiNWFlZA==
:lol: :lol: MDLAX now admits to reading comments from ever further in the bowels of SOcial Media...and present them as rebuttal to indeed deem something a farse. :lol: :lol: Thanks for making my day. Next time you or anyone give me lack of posting something from social media....I'll expect that to be the bat signal for you to come in and defend me.....much like what you do for TLD on the regular. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:21 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:55 am This is the part my wife works on------workforce training to get folks off assistance, and into the workforce.

Highly commendable, very doubtful she'll ever run out of work.
My friend's son was just approved for Medicaid, also for SNAP benefits to the tune of $500+ a month for his daughter and himself (not married, living with the mother of their child....why would they get married? She makes enough so they'd lose those bennies if they get married). He's 31, claims $20K annually which is absolute BS....owns a house, rents out half of it...$1200/mo, house is paid for....good money in pot. How do you get this guy to go legit? How much would he pay for health insurance that's as good as Medicaid? $500/mo for food for one adult and a one month old? I could eat pretty high on the hog on 500 free dollars a month for food. There's no incentive for him (them) to get off assistance. The benefits many get eliminate the incentive of getting back into the work force. You've got to have a damn good paying job in order to give up a couple of K a month to take that job (and your health insurance won't be nearly as good as the one you're getting for free). Quite a delema.
Every State makes their own rules----within Federal guidelines----as to how they handle things. Some States cede that power to Counties, and they each have their own rules.

Let the policy wonks run things, and we'll have better outcomes. They have ZERO interest in keeping bad actors on these programs. They want, more than anyone, for each dollar to go where it's ACTUALLY needed. More than even the hardest-hearted Republican...because every dollar that goes to a bad actor, is a dollar taken away from someone who REALLY needs it.

I will say this part---their target for this money is that man's daughter. That's where they want the money to go.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:38 pm
:lol: :lol: MDLAX now admits to reading comments from ever further in the bowels of SOcial Media...and present them as rebuttal to indeed deem something a farse. :lol: :lol: Thanks for making my day. Next time you or anyone give me turd for posting something from social media....I'll expect that to be the bat signal for you to come in and defend me.....much like what you do for TLD on the regular. ;) :lol:
I treat your posts with a modicum of respect...I actually look at them...but I do so with a bit of critical thinking applied. It looked bogus to me, but when I read the comments from others they were more specific as to why that reaction is likely correct.

Did you not bother to do so?
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:07 pm
:lol: :lol: MDLAX now admits to reading comments from ever further in the bowels of SOcial Media...and present them as rebuttal to indeed deem something a farse. :lol: :lol: Thanks for making my day. Next time you or anyone give me turd for posting something from social media....I'll expect that to be the bat signal for you to come in and defend me.....much like what you do for TLD on the regular. ;) :lol:
I treat your posts with a modicum of respect...I actually look at them...but I do so with a bit of critical thinking applied. It looked bogus to me, but when I read the comments from others they were more specific as to why that reaction is likely correct.

Never read the comments.

Well, unless you're in it for entertainment.....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I also googled it and there were plenty on hits from TWP and NBC…..much the same, as story was still fresh.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:09 pm

I also googled it and there were plenty on hits from TWP and NBC…..much the same, as story was still fresh.
:D and none suggested anything that confirms it wasn't a put up job.

If you actually watch the video you had posted, it's pretty clear that he's not getting treated by actual cops as if an actual security threat.

Pretty obvious.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:31 pm

Never read the comments.

Well, unless you're in it for entertainment.....
It just seemed strangely not a serious matter they way he was being treated...I looked to see whether it just nut jobs posting it and found some of that, but also those who had the same reaction I had but who say they have police backgrounds. I don't assume anything about anyone on the net!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
The nation could do worse.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:02 pm ... Cassidy Hutchinson for President in 2036.
Very impressive, poised, honorable young woman. 👍
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:10 am
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Your endorsement immediately puts her on my chit list. Since your seldom correct I always believe your opinions are mostly always wrong. Never trust a lifelong liberal faux Republican. Especially one that was a Nixon aficionado when he was a zit faced teenager. There isn't enough Clealrasil to scrub that blemish off of your face.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:45 am
Your endorsement immediately puts her on my chit list. Since your seldom correct I always believe your opinions are mostly always wrong. Never trust a lifelong liberal faux Republican. Especially one that was a Nixon aficionado when he was a zit faced teenager. There isn't enough Clealrasil to scrub that blemish off of your face.
Nice post. A keeper.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:58 am
Let's not canonize her just yet. She's on TV to hawk/sell her book. May end up saving her a few trips to the witness chair where defense attorneys will use material from said book to impeach her during cross-examination.
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:27 am
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:58 am
mmm, she's now 27 years old, first generation college student, working class family, she couldn't pay her rent much less lawyers when she left the White House and had to rely on Trump paid lawyer who discouraged her from telling everything she knew when subpoenaed...her conscience got the better of her (thankfully) and she found counsel who would represent her for free. Lots of death threats. All of her natural and earned advantages and opportunities in the GOP totally shot. She still considers herself a Romney/Reagan Republican, but as we know that's basically nonexistent now. I hope her book does well and she has a good career in whatever direction she decides to take.

I'm not predicting what that would be, but she really does have remarkable poise for a young person her age.

How many other White House insiders have stepped forward and told the truth about what they witnessed?...hopefully the folks from the counsel's office will prove to do so fully, but they were far more cautious and guarded in their testimony...but none of the political side of the house.
Anybody stating the truth about what they witnessed is still only telling one side of the story. For as long as I have been alive this has always been true... there are always 2 sides to every story.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”