All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:42 am Dr. Offit.

Listen to your doctor...

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/status ... 6150374574
https://www.vcuhealth.org/pauley-heart- ... infection).

Q: What do myocarditis and pericarditis have to do with COVID-19?

Bearman (or Stevens): COVID-19 is an illness caused by the SARS-CoV2 virus that presents mainly with fever and respiratory symptoms. In a small number of patients, an abnormal inflammatory response can ensue within days to weeks after the infection and cause inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis) or the sac around the heart (pericarditis).

Q: How common is it for someone with COVID-19 to experience myocarditis or pericarditis?

Turlington: The likelihood of developing myocarditis or pericarditis in patients with COVID-19 is very low. It is estimated that about 150 out of every 100,000 people who develop infection will develop myocarditis or pericarditis. People who develop COVID-19 have an up to 35 times higher risk of developing myocarditis or pericarditis (than people without infection). Myocarditis is to be considered separately from the cases of myocardial injury during critical illness in COVID-19 in which the injury is mediated by sepsis and/or ischemia, and not due to an immune mechanism like in myocarditis.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:02 am He's not my Dr.
Oh right, apologies nattyboo.

Your doctor prescribes that "horse dewormer" Ivermectin. An amazing drug. Did your condition clear right up or did you refuse to fill the script?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:21 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:02 am He's not my Dr.
Oh right, apologies nattyboo.

Your doctor prescribes that "horse dewormer" Ivermectin. An amazing drug. Did your condition clear right up or did you refuse to fill the script?

Q: How common is for someone to experience myocarditis or pericarditis after SARS CoV2 mRNA vaccination?

Turlington: The likelihood of developing myocarditis or pericarditis following SARS-CoV2 mRNA vaccination is extremely low. While there is a small risk of myocarditis or pericarditis with the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, the risk is much lower than either the risk of mycocarditis from natural COVID-19 infection or the risk of other COVID-19 associated complications such as severe disease and death.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:12 am

Listen to your doctor...

Bearman (or Stevens): COVID-19 is an illness caused by the SARS-CoV2 virus that presents mainly with fever and respiratory symptoms. In a small number of patients, an abnormal inflammatory response can ensue within days to weeks after the infection and cause inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis) or the sac around the heart (pericarditis).

Q: How common is it for someone with COVID-19 to experience myocarditis or pericarditis?

Turlington: The likelihood of developing myocarditis or pericarditis in patients with COVID-19 is very low. It is estimated that about 150 out of every 100,000 people who develop infection will develop myocarditis or pericarditis. People who develop COVID-19 have an up to 35 times higher risk of developing myocarditis or pericarditis (than people without infection). Myocarditis is to be considered separately from the cases of myocardial injury during critical illness in COVID-19 in which the injury is mediated by sepsis and/or ischemia, and not due to an immune mechanism like in myocarditis.
Where's the part where he explains the risk of myocarditis if he doesn't get a booster......and he gets the myocarditis from Covid, even though he doesn't go to the hospital? Elsewhere in the podcast? Has he gotten myocarditis from the last time he got Covid? He doesn't tell us. Pretty important thing to leave out, don't you think?

First of these doctors that discusses risk/reward when it comes to taking vaccines....but he needs to discuss ALL of the risks and all the rewards. Maybe it's just a bad clip (as many of these tweets are), and he discusses it elsewhere.

"I think I have high frequencies of T cells.....maybe I'm wrong...." If Offit was Fauci, folks would be hammering him about this statement. But because he's telling folks he's not getting the booster, he gets a pass.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:28 am

Listen to your doctor...

Where's the part where he explains the risk of myocarditis if he doesn't get a booster......and he gets the myocarditis from Covid, even though he doesn't go to the hospital? Elsewhere in the podcast? Has he gotten myocarditis from the last time he got Covid? He doesn't tell us. Pretty important thing to leave out, don't you think?

First of these doctors that discusses risk/reward when it comes to taking vaccines....but he needs to discuss ALL of the risks and all the rewards. Maybe it's just a bad clip (as many of these tweets are), and he discusses it elsewhere.

"I think I have high frequencies of T cells.....maybe I'm wrong...." If Offit was Fauci, folks would be hammering him about this statement. But because he's telling folks he's not getting the booster, he gets a pass.
“I think I am protected….MAYBE I AM NOT….” But Tech will listen to him. He hears what he wants to hear….not what isn’t said which sometimes is just as important.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:34 am

Listen to your doctor...

“I think I am protected….MAYBE I AM NOT….” But Tech will listen to him. He hears what he wants to hear….not what isn’t said which sometimes is just as important.
Ha! The irony lost on some... He's your boy, not mine. Check out some bio:

Offit is currently a member of National Institutes of Health (NIH) working group on vaccines, a subgroup of the "Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines" (ACTIV) comprised of experts to combat COVID-19. He is also a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC). Previously, he was a member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Offit is a board member of Vaccinate Your Family, The Franklin Institute, and Autism Science Foundation.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

“I think I am protected….MAYBE I AM NOT….”
:roll: People who said that sort of thing over the past couple years were figuratively tarred and feathered. Oh, the irony.

Some "expert."
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:43 am

Listen to your doctor...

Offit is currently a member of National Institutes of Health (NIH) working group on vaccines, a subgroup of the "Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines" (ACTIV) comprised of experts to combat COVID-19. He is also a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC). Previously, he was a member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Offit is a board member of Vaccinate Your Family, The Franklin Institute, and Autism Science Foundation.
How is he “my boy”….I don’t know him from the man on the moon. You believe what he is saying should be adopted globally? You are the guy amplifying his message. Not me.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:46 am
:roll: People who said that sort of thing over the past couple years were figuratively tarred and feathered. Oh, the irony.

Some "expert."
You are talking (typing) in a circle.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:46 am

Some "expert."
Yeah. I already told you that.

tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:50 am

Listen to your doctor...

How is he “my boy”….I don’t know him from the man on the moon. You believe what he is saying should be adopted globally? You are the guy amplifying his message. Not me.
Guess you missed his bio? He's your kinda dude, straight up medical establishment royalty, you know, the only people YOU trust. And yet... no booster for him (last year or now) especially after pushing the Covid mRNA vaxx for the past three years... to children no less.

Still don't get it?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm

Listen to your doctor...

Guess you missed his bio? He's your kinda dude, straight up medical establishment royalty, you know, the only people YOU trust. And yet... no booster for him (last year or now) especially after pushing the Covid mRNA vaxx for the past three years... to children no less.

Still don't get it?
I don’t have a simple mind so you are up the wrong tree. I know what you are intimating but it doesn’t apply to me. I trust data and things that are tangible. What you speak of is closer to “faith”. You have demonstrated that that is your general predication.

Here is the “nuance” that you love, until you don’t…

https://www.science.org/content/article ... 19-booster
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Listen to your doctor...

Still don't get it?
I don’t have a simple mind so you are up the wrong tree. I know what you are intimating but it doesn’t apply to me. I trust data and things that are tangible. What you speak of is closer to “faith”. You have demonstrated that that is your general predication.
Who's data you goin with? The data presented by CDC, FDA, NIH, WHO?... those institutions are this Dr's milieu. Wow! You honestly don't see that? Amazing...

You should stick to stmblin upon great works of art :D
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Listen to your doctor...

Still don't get it?
Who's data you goin with? The data presented by CDC, FDA, NIH, WHO?... those institutions are this Dr's milieu. Wow! You honestly don't see that? Amazing...

You should stick to stmblin upon great works of art :D
Post crossed….see above….As for data, all of those are considered.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

You tell us that you understand the difference between individual health and public health...yet you keep making statements like the above that clearly shows you DON'T understand the difference.

Yet here you are, telling us that you can't figure out why the CDC would want kids to get vaccinated in 2023.

BTW, this doctor is talking about HIS risk/reward decision Tech. Not yours. Not mine. Not America's. His. If your'e going to cite these things, at least pay attention to what he's saying. Not one word of what he is uttering applies to anyone but himself in the clip you gave us.

And the part you and TeamTinFoil will leave out is: ask Dr. Offit what his advice is on the vaccine boosters. You're acting like you think he'll tell you not to take it.

And what he's gonna say is: ask your personal doctor, who knows your personal risk/reward analysis that he (Offit) just described.

And we're right back to where we started: ask your doctor.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

You tell us that you understand the difference between individual health and public health...yet you keep making statements like the above that clearly shows you DON'T understand the difference.

Yet here you are, telling us that you can't figure out why the CDC would want kids to get vaccinated in 2023.

BTW, this doctor is talking about HIS risk/reward decision Tech. Not yours. Not mine. Not America's. His. If your'e going to cite these things, at least pay attention to what he's saying. Not one word of what he is uttering applies to anyone but himself in the clip you gave us.

And the part you and TeamTinFoil will leave out is: ask Dr. Offit what his advice is on the vaccine boosters. You're acting like you think he'll tell you not to take it.

And what he's gonna say is: ask your personal doctor, who knows your personal risk/reward analysis that he (Offit) just described.

:lol: :lol:

“Dr. Paul Offit, head of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's advisory committee, adds that people who haven't had the most recent booster and are at high risk of severe disease should talk to their doctor about getting the shot now. That groups includes older adults, people with underlying health conditions, pregnant women and people who are immunocompromised.”
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:59 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

“Dr. Paul Offit, head of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's advisory committee, adds that people who haven't had the most recent booster and are at high risk of severe disease should talk to their doctor about getting the shot now. That groups includes older adults, people with underlying health conditions, pregnant women and people who are immunocompromised.”
:roll:
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

I noticed he didn’t say, “do what I do” like Tech is suggesting….
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Well that's surely a lie. I've never suggested anyone do anything on this board except perhaps broaden their sources of info, which you undoubtedly should. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in re to Covid when it pops up, as with Offit.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:14 pm

Still don't get it?
No. YOU don't get it.

Well that's surely a lie. I've never suggested anyone do anything on this board except perhaps broaden their sources of info, which you undoubtedly should. Just pointing out the hypocrisy in re to Covid when it pops up, as with Offit. Without a doubt, in time there will be plenty more. ;)
I read a varied and broad sampling from the medical establishment. I will leave the witch doctors and shaman to you and your crowd. You can also pray on it.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”