Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by ggait »

Sen. Menendez and Clarence Thomas are both the same in my book. Sleazy corrupt shameless repeat scumball offenders. Both complete disgraces. Both should do us a favor and resign immediately. A pox on both of them.

But under the Bob McDonnell SCOTUS precedent, Menendez has a reasonable shot at acquittal. Because if you can't absolutely prove an actual quid pro quo delivered, then getting gold bars and fat stacks isn't criminal bribery. It is just, as Thomas tells us, evidence of deep loving friendships.

HB taking $1 million annually to be on Burisma's board is also sleazy AF. But that's likely legal too.

And HB, after all, is not a public official.
Last edited by ggait on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:37 pm Since when was illegal ownership of a gun a process crime.
He lied on a form wrong.....remember you mocking that with Manafort? Or mocking lying to the Feds?

Call it whatever you want. You know exactly what I'm calling out...we had to deal with 6+ years of these excuses of yours, and now you don't want to apply the rules that YOU set for politicians who broke laws.

Again: when do we get to go after the FBI and DoJ agents who went after Hunter? Where's your call for Durham?
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:37 pm Nobody set Hunter up to lie on a govt from or to illegally purchase a gun. He did that all on his own.
Wait, so a man is responsible for what he says and does? You sure about that?

How about: well, obviously he was on drugs at the time, and can't possibly be responsible for his actions?

That doesn't play for you, does it? Sounds like a moronic excuse now that we're discussing a Democrat.

Learn anything about how absurd your excuses sounded to the Forum? Prolly not. Carry on....
old salt

Post by old salt »

Schwerin warned Hunter that he did not declare all of his Burisma income on his 2014 return, which he failed to submit anyway.

How does Menendez account for that income ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:37 pm Since when was illegal ownership of a gun a process crime.
He lied on a form wrong.....remember you mocking that with Manafort? Or mocking lying to the Feds?

Call it whatever you want. You know exactly what I'm calling out...we had to deal with 6+ years of these excuses of yours, and now you don't want to apply the rules that YOU set for politicians who broke laws.

Again: when do we get to go after the FBI and DoJ agents who went after Hunter? Where's your call for Durham?
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:37 pm Nobody set Hunter up to lie on a govt from or to illegally purchase a gun. He did that all on his own.

How about: well, obviously he was on drugs at the time, and can't possibly be responsible for his actions?

That doesn't play for you, does it? Sounds like a moronic excuse now that we're discussing a Democrat.

Learn anything about how absurd your excuses sounded to the Forum? Prolly not. Carry on....
:lol: ...yeah. Keep makin' excuses for Hunter. You're doing great.
njbill

Post by njbill »

His text messages were stolen by a hacker acting either on behalf of Donald Trump or to further his candidacy. Despicable.

I wonder how many of us on this forum would like all of our private text messages to be published for all to see?

It was one thing for the Republicans to go to town about Hillary and Benghazi and her emails. Same with Joe Biden and that woman who made up all of the phony allegations about him. You know, the one who now lives in Russia.

It is quite another for the Republicans to be going after a private citizen solely because they think it will help them politically. Newsflash: it won’t. It is going to backfire big time. Mark my words. Lots of my family members are Republicans, though not Trumpists. They are disgusted by what is going on.
ggait

Post by ggait »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:46 pm Schwerin warned Hunter that he did not declare all of his Burisma income on his 2014 return, which he failed to submit anyway.

Don't know yet.

Apparently Menendez reported the gold bars on his financial disclosure forms. But late of course. And only after he learned that he was under federal investigation.

TBD if he reported the gold income. Or whether, taking a page from mega-slime Clarence Thomas, he felt it was a non-taxable gift. From a close and dear and loving and generous personal friend.

Fork 'em both.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:59 pm Did the Washington Examiner publish the entire record of testimony of Batdorf, given 'behind closed doors"?

Or are we being asked to simply accept their interpretation of what was said, as they select fragments in support?

Here's one thing I noticed: "Still, Batdorf, who was above Shapley in the IRS chain of command, stopped short of attributing the DOJ’s actions to bias in favor of President Joe Biden."

And: "He also said the IRS removed agent Gary Shapley, a whistleblower, from the Hunter Biden case at the direction of Weiss despite having done nothing wrong."

So, Weiss, the Trump appointed prosecutor got fed up with Shapley...right?

NOTHING in those fragments pulled out demonstrates that anyone other than Weiss made the decision as to whether to prosecute Hunter, whether to allow SOLs to run out, having been prior extended.

NOTHING but speculation by Batdorf as to what support, cooperation, or permission Weiss needed to make his own decisions as to what resources, support, or authority he needed to take action.

And we remain with Weiss saying he had full authority to make those calls, including any request he felt he needed to make to give him jurisdictional authority to bring cases outside of Delaware. Which, as soon as he requested such, was given right away.

The only way these conspiracy theories make sense is if Weiss is lying. (and Garland is lying). And yeah, it also only works if Barr didn't think the matter deserved a bigger push forward, that Weiss would need greater authority than he might get under the next administration.

And Wray and Rettig...why don't they get called by Congress?
Might not given the answers they want??

Totally full of it...Washington Examiner... :roll:
Why call Barr, Wray & Rettig, when Weiss his the answers himself ? The late SC appointment was just a way to shield Weiss from answering to Congress. He didn't need to be a SC if Garland was truthful in saying Weiss could have brought charges in DC & CA. Your obfuscation ignores the SOL question. The Wash Examiner is quoting from the testimony. You're just winging it.
He's answered the fundamental questions in his written statements to Congress...he'd be liable for a felony if not telling the truth. Meanwhile, he's still in the midst of his investigation/prosecution so entirely inappropriate to answer questions about the specifics of the case...he'll be required to to a full report post completion and Garland has already indicated that he'd be available for testimony at that point as well.

Total BS to expect otherwise.

Meanwhile, the 3 we suggest all have no such impediments...but it's pretty obvious why MAGA GOP Congress doesn't want to hear their answers.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:51 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:43 pm

:lol: ...yeah. Keep makin' excuses for Hunter. You're doing great.
A fan warned you back during the Trump years that your excuses for Trump and his cohort were going to backfire later and be thrown in your face. Pretty pathetic that you can't admit how wrong your were about those excuses.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:19 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:46 pm Schwerin warned Hunter that he did not declare all of his Burisma income on his 2014 return, which he failed to submit anyway.

Don't know yet.

Apparently Menendez reported the gold bars on his financial disclosure forms. But late of course. And only after he learned that he was under federal investigation.

TBD if he reported the gold income. Or whether, taking a page from mega-slime Clarence Thomas, he felt it was a non-taxable gift. From a close and dear and loving and generous personal friend.

Fork 'em both.
Exactly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:15 pm His text messages were stolen by a hacker acting either on behalf of Donald Trump or to further his candidacy. Despicable.

I wonder how many of us on this forum would like all of our private text messages to be published for all to see?

It was one thing for the Republicans to go to town about Hillary and Benghazi and her emails. Same with Joe Biden and that woman who made up all of the phony allegations about him. You know, the one who now lives in Russia.

It is quite another for the Republicans to be going after a private citizen solely because they think it will help them politically. Newsflash: it won’t. It is going to backfire big time. Mark my words. Lots of my family members are Republicans, though not Trumpists. They are disgusted by what is going on.
When Hunter wrote his tell all book then went on a national tv tour to tell his story & sell his "art"work, he became a public figure.
...can't have it both ways. The texts about his gun ownership undercut the claim that it was harmless. They show that he was a danger to himself & those around him. The FBI & prosecutors should be able to legally access & verify those texts as part of a criminal investigation.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He probably would be considered a public figure for purposes of defamation law, just as would the Trump children. But he is still a private citizen. He does not hold any political or governmental office.

Again, Clarence Thomas says the gun laws are unconstitutional. The 5th Circuit recently ruled that the gun possession law is unconstitutional.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/09/politics ... index.html

I disagree, but my opinion means nothing legally.

His lawyer claims he only owned the gun for 11 days and that it was never loaded. That would seem to undercut any argument that his gun ownership was dangerous.

What is the basis for saying the FBI should be able to “legally access” his texts if the texts were stolen? My bet is that the government is not intending to use the texts as evidence in any criminal trial because they are tainted.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:41 am He probably would be considered a public figure for purposes of defamation law, just as would the Trump children. But he is still a private citizen. He does not hold any political or governmental office.

Again, Clarence Thomas says the gun laws are unconstitutional. The 5th Circuit recently ruled that the gun possession law is unconstitutional.

His lawyer claims he only owned the gun for 11 days and that it was never loaded. That would seem to undercut any argument that his gun ownership was dangerous.

What is the basis for saying the FBI should be able to “legally access” his texts if the texts were stolen? My bet is that the government is not intending to use the texts as evidence in any criminal trial because they are tainted.
To verify the authenticity of the texts investigators could get them from the service provider.

Clarence Thomas & the 5th Circuit notwithstanding, the law is still on the books.

It's not hard to load a gun.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:13 am You confuse standards with results. I warned you this would happen when the Russia hoax investigation flopped & Pelosi trivialized impeachment. This is the new normal. Welcome to the criminalization of politics & the weaponization of our justice systems. How many indictments of Trump, all delayed to coincide with the campaign.
You're accusing multiple independent prosecutors of delaying indictments just to coincide with the campaign?

He filed for 2024 like the day after he lost, so he's been campaigning since before he committed a lot of these crimes.

The indictments started to drop over a year and a half before the election, and like 9 months before the R primaries. GMAFB "coincide with the campaign". Absolutely ridiculous statement. The indictments were pretty quick too, generally from months to a year and change from the investigations starting. They weren't a 5 year fishing expedition.

If they were Democrats in a high level government agency and dropped things a week before the election? Then I'd say you had something to complain about.

Just because you like it weaponized and criminalized when your side does it doesn't mean others are doing it too.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:16 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:41 am He probably would be considered a public figure for purposes of defamation law, just as would the Trump children. But he is still a private citizen. He does not hold any political or governmental office.

To verify the authenticity of the texts investigators could get them from the service provider.

Clarence Thomas & the 5th Circuit notwithstanding, the law is still on the books.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, the Feds could subpoena the cell phone company. I don’t doubt that the texts are authentic. But the issue is what would be the legal basis for them to subpoena the texts? They couldn’t use the stolen texts to establish probable cause. I question whether they will be able to use these texts at trial.

The law is still on the books, but the Supreme Court could rule the law unconstitutional. That would be one reason for Weiss to do a deal with Hunter on the gun charges.

Interestingly, Trump initially claimed that he purchased a gun today. May have been his usual braggadocious jackass self, but that is what he initially said. As an indicted felon, it would be illegal for him to do that. I think it’s the same law (different section) that Hunter is alleged to a violated. What goes around comes around.

Yes, it is easy to load a gun, but allegedly he didn’t do that. The idea behind the law is you don’t want drug addicts running around with a loaded gun. Guns aren’t much of a danger if they aren’t loaded. Another point in Hunter’s favor in doing any plea deal or in sentencing.
runrussellrun

way to go Brits....

Post by runrussellrun »

They didn't invent "terrorism", but they sure as heck effeciently engaged in it. F the Brits. (They didn't honor "passports)

but boy........good luck trying to find out WHO the people are that "run the show". Scary stuff. but boy.........teamtinfoil hat :roll:

bunch of morons.....don't see the forest for the bat thaT IS headed for their heads. Canada IS next. Already has the banks anyway.

" No...Hunty good, let's defend him "

The bill has been opposed at every stage, and its final version won't do much to allay concerns. Perhaps the starkest issue is encryption, with the bill giving Ofcom the power to issue notices to force companies to scan private messages for illegal material.

The Office of Communications, commonly known as Ofcom, is the government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the broadcasting, telecommunications and postal industries of the United Kingdom.

Ofcom has wide-ranging powers across the television, radio, telecoms and postal sectors. It has a statutory duty to represent the interests of citizens and consumers by promoting competition and protecting the public from harmful or offensive material.

Some of the main areas Ofcom regulates are TV and radio standards, broadband and phones, video-sharing platforms online, the wireless spectrum and postal services.

The regulator was initially established by the Office of Communications Act 2002 and received its full authority from the Communications Act 2003.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Yes, the Feds could subpoena the cell phone company. I don’t doubt that the texts are authentic. But the issue is what would be the legal basis for them to subpoena the texts? They couldn’t use the stolen texts to establish probable cause. I question whether they will be able to use these texts at trial.

The law is still on the books, but the Supreme Court could rule the law unconstitutional. That would be one reason for Weiss to do a deal with Hunter on the gun charges.

Interestingly, Trump initially claimed that he purchased a gun today. May have been his usual braggadocious jackass self, but that is what he initially said. As an indicted felon, it would be illegal for him to do that. I think it’s the same law (different section) that Hunter is alleged to a violated. What goes around comes around.

Yes, it is easy to load a gun, but allegedly he didn’t do that. The idea behind the law is you don’t want drug addicts running around with a loaded gun. Guns aren’t much of a danger if they aren’t loaded. Another point in Hunter’s favor in doing any plea deal or in sentencing.
It was obvious Weiss did not want to take the gun charges to trial. Hunter & his lawyers were foolish to not take the diversion agreement without the lifetime immunity. Given the SOL for other potential crimes, he would have only been vulnerable for a couple months if Trump wins. That makes it tough to sympathize with Hunter. He had a way out but he passed it up. He could have still had the misdemeanor plea deal on the tax charges too. It's his own fault that this is still dragging on.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 pm It was obvious Weiss did not want to take the gun charges to trial. Hunter & his lawyers were foolish to not take the diversion agreement without the lifetime immunity. Given the SOL for other potential crimes, he would have only been vulnerable for a couple months if Trump wins. That makes it tough to sympathize with Hunter. He had a way out but he passed it up. He could have still had the misdemeanor plea deal on the tax charges too. It's his own fault that this is still dragging on.
How do you prove he took cocaine on the day he filled out that form?

Good luck with that, is all I have to say.

I'm gettin' ready for my tax cut, though! We're puttin' Trump back in the White House. It's hilarious, and a lot of it has to do with Hunter.

Republicans are getting what they deserve. Only thing to do now is cheer it on. Can't wait to see how much he spends.

The only question left is: will he double, or triple the size of the Federal government now that he has nothing to gain from keeping his powder dry?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Generally agree, though I do have more sympathy for Hunter than you do. As a toddler, he witnessed his mother and sister die right in front of him, maybe under gruesome circumstances. Maybe he and Beau were fooling around in the backseat, like young brothers do. Maybe Hunter instigated it. Mom turned around to tell them to knock it off, and then the tractor-trailer hit. Maybe he’s been haunted by that his whole life. By all accounts, he was devastated by Beau’s death. His life went into the sewer.

None of that excuses violations of law to be sure, but I do have some sympathy for him for some of the hardships that have been visited upon him in his life. He certainly has had a lot more adversity to deal with than I have.

Regardless of any crimes he may have committed, they do not warrant the investigation the Republicans are conducting right now. Let the DOJ handle it. There is now a special prosecutor who will write a report and, likely, testify before Congress when he is all done. Let’s let things play out.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:33 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 pm It was obvious Weiss did not want to take the gun charges to trial. Hunter & his lawyers were foolish to not take the diversion agreement without the lifetime immunity. Given the SOL for other potential crimes, he would have only been vulnerable for a couple months if Trump wins. That makes it tough to sympathize with Hunter. He had a way out but he passed it up. He could have still had the misdemeanor plea deal on the tax charges too. It's his own fault that this is still dragging on.
How do you prove he took cocaine on the day he filled out that form?

Good luck with that, is all I have to say.

I'm gettin' ready for my tax cut, though! We're puttin' Trump back in the White House. It's hilarious, and a lot of it has to do with Hunter.

Republicans are getting what they deserve. Only thing to do now is cheer it on. Can't wait to see how much he spends.

The only question left is: will he double, or triple the size of the Federal government now that he has nothing to gain from keeping his powder dry?
Nose bleed droplets on the application?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”