York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
6rock

Re: York 2024

Post by 6rock »

Players to watch for Alum game.

1. Scott Marvin #37- Fast and explosive off the x. Know to have a lot of flare in his game and likes to attack the net when he has the opening

2. AJ Apel #8- He is the next man up if the starter goes down. Know for his outlet passes and smothering the ball down low.

3. JD Townsend #52- A strong handed lefty, that loves going low to high when he has his hands free . Plays like a canadian, lethal on man up

4. Nick Biava #35- Sound defense but I think sometimes loses where he is at times. Loves the trail check on attackmen. Plays very similar to Trey Snodgrass #77
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Last edited by choochooCharlie on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:58 pm Let me guess, you just walked by practice again?
Buddy, this is “crazy ex-girlfriend” vibes. A bit of friendly advice, you can make 100 screen names. All you’re doing is IDing yourself as the locker room cancer that this team is better off now without…

Hit the gym, take up knitting, whatever, just find a healthy outlet for your frustrations.

Listen here choochoocharlie, you better wish you took that job at McDonalds! 100 screen names? Been the same person the whole time. By being a avid fan of the team you can watch and read about the players. Every school post a roster ever heard of it turd head. Don't give me lip and don't you ever call me buddy. The only buddy you have is regulator, you guys are to butt buddies.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Now that the spartans have a new offensive and defensive coordinator. I will be watching if the switch things up this year to a more run and gun style. The pass couple of years they have fell short to teams that play within this style. They seem like a team they will play conservative until they get the green light. Wondering if the alums will push them out of their comfort zone and initiate this playing style.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:53 pm
FXLax wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 pm This thread has become pathetic
But entertaining.
This thread should be retitled "York Thread during the Off-season".
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:38 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:53 pm
FXLax wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 pm This thread has become pathetic
But entertaining.
This thread should be retitled "York Thread during the Off-season".
Hahahaha. Love that title. Loving the passion and banter we all have for this thread.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

We are less than 24 hours away from seeing some serious talent hit Kingsley field. Everybody get your popcorn because its going to be one hell of a show!
Slim

Post by Slim »

made a mistake. yes, I admit it. my bad. but just so tired of constantly reading thread hyping. YC has had some terrific players and always discussed as a national champion contender, yet can't get it done, or get to the final weekend. should've left it at that. SMCM never has boasted or self-promoted. good luck in future.
Last edited by Slim on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Slim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am one of the most overrated programs in college lacrosse. hard stop. lousy thread just takes up space.
I don't root for YCP, but man, that is a whopper of a troll attempt. 4 QF appearances and another run to the FF. In 7 NCAA chances that pretty unheard of...never been knocked out earlier than the 3rd round. Alumni in the PLL. Multiple National POY awards. Childs planted his flag and has created a bit of a monster IMHO.

EDIT: Was super tempted to take a detailed swipe at your SMCM side. But I mean, you already know the score.
Slim

Post by Slim »

made a mistake. yes, I admit it. my bad. but just so tired of constantly reading thread hyping. YC has had some terrific players and good seasons, but some posters always discuss as a national champion contender, yet can't get it done, or get to the final weekend. soooo, should've left it alone.

to my knowledge, SMCM never has boasted or self-promoted.

good luck in future.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Slim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:43 pm

:roll:
AshHull

Post by AshHull »

Anyone know what the score of Alumni game was?
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

AshHull wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:26 pm Anyone know what the score of Alumni game was?
Im sure we will have a full breakdown by mid morning from 10 different perspectives analyzing the new way Childs has them stretching..... Im joking at least there is passion for a program on this board
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Slim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am made a mistake. yes, I admit it. my bad. but just so tired of constantly reading thread hyping. YC has had some terrific players and always discussed as a national champion contender, yet can't get it done, or get to the final weekend. should've left it at that. SMCM never has boasted or self-promoted. good luck in future.
SMCM has nothing to boast or self promote about. School stinks and they are mediocre every year.
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

AshHull wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:26 pm Anyone know what the score of Alumni game was?
Unsure of exact score, but the alumni won by 1 or 2. A great group of alum came to play. I don’t think it should be a concern, but maybe the first time this has been the outcome ever?
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Slim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:12 am made a mistake. yes, I admit it. my bad. but just so tired of constantly reading thread hyping. YC has had some terrific players and always discussed as a national champion contender, yet can't get it done, or get to the final weekend. should've left it at that. SMCM never has boasted or self-promoted. good luck in future.
The read another thread…pretty simple.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Slim wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:43 pm made a mistake. yes, I admit it. my bad. but just so tired of constantly reading thread hyping. YC has had some terrific players and good seasons, but some posters always discuss as a national champion contender, yet can't get it done, or get to the final weekend. soooo, should've left it alone.

good luck in future.
Oh man, I hear you, not many programs "get it done". I've made plenty of mistakes too. Don't drink and post ha!

I don't mind the investment of the YCP community digging in and caring enough to engage and share information on this forum. It's what makes it fun. They have a lot to be proud of and look forward to. I think they are discussed as a national contender year after year because they are. Cabrini needed a furious comeback and a spectacular dive by Gerzabek to make to the semi's, and York handled them earlier in 2019. They've been close, and I think they give themselves a chance. This year in particular they've actually had a lot of well thought of youth hit the roster; and a mix of veterans, that have been living and breathing a consistent, extremely invested head coach's messaging. I like their chances as much as (or more than) CNU. But Berkman has to have his roster flinch for anyone to get past them. Doesn't happen very often.
AshHull

Post by AshHull »

This is a York thread. Can we keep it about York? Is that hard to do? I have York going deep this year. Cannot wait for that first game. Alumni game was a big wake up call.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:58 am
Unsure of exact score, but the alumni won by 1 or 2. A great group of alum came to play. I don’t think it should be a concern, but maybe the first time this has been the outcome ever?
Losing your alumni game is a bad look.. I don’t care how talented your alumni are. If you’re practicing every other day, running all the time, and devoting your self to lacrosse, you shouldn’t be losing to a bunch of guys working desk jobs.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”