Re: York 2024

Post by Laxattackjack »

FXLax wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:39 pm This thread has become pathetic
But entertaining.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

6rock wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:31 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:42 am Yea, I don’t see where I attacked players. If you mean me quoting another poster saying for you to “tell your kid to work harder” as an attack on the players, that is incredibly soft of you. Now the whole quitting thing makes sense. How dare someone tell your kid to work harder…. :roll:

You keep bringing up "tell your kid to work harder." Never once stated my kid played for the York program. Just a avid colligate lacrosse fan of all levels. I like D3 especially because I once played back in the day. Ended up residing in York where I found out through the community it had a terrific program. So I started to follow them to bring me back to my glory days. Like we all are trying to live out through this fan page Hahaha. Caught some big games and practices as I do my leisurely walk with my wife throughout York. I will occasionally watch and observe the games and practices to see how the team is doing. But one day as I was doing my usual routine caught the head coach having a hissy fit and screaming like the world was coming down on him. I shake my head and look down and continue to go about my business thinking in my head no need to be that dramatic about a game. Learn, teach, and help grow the young man to be a better version of himself. Your outburst is not an example you should teach someone to be when it comes to the real world. (Not you bubble at York College athletic fields) You'll find yourself losing your job and potential colleagues that you surround yourself with. You have to be composed and brush things off if you don't like how things are going.
If this is true how did you know about the freshman Transferring out? That was kept pretty quiet? How did you know so much about Nick Lilly. How did you know about the number of kids transferring? You also imply that you know why they all transferred. That does not seem like a casual fan that happened to walk by practice. There are other things that give you away. Now you may not be a player but you probably are related to one of these men.
You can say what you want but it seems pretty weak doing as an anonymous poster on a message board where the coach can’t or won’t reply. You think that Bergman, or Thompson or Coo. Or D’Affnlo don’t yell at there players.

I understand that it is frustrating that you or your so. Got recruited over ( I would want him fired if he wasn’t doing this) or was not good enough to get on the field at a top 10 school or simply got to the school and realized it wasn’t for you. Either way airing your issues here only make you look foolish. Be better and maybe take your own advice and be a better man.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:42 am Yea, I don’t see where I attacked players. If you mean me quoting another poster saying for you to “tell your kid to work harder” as an attack on the players, that is incredibly soft of you. Now the whole quitting thing makes sense. How dare someone tell your kid to work harder…. :roll:

You keep bringing up "tell your kid to work harder." Never once stated my kid played for the York program. Just a avid colligate lacrosse fan of all levels. I like D3 especially because I once played back in the day. Ended up residing in York where I found out through the community it had a terrific program. So I started to follow them to bring me back to my glory days. Like we all are trying to live out through this fan page Hahaha. Caught some big games and practices as I do my leisurely walk with my wife throughout York. I will occasionally watch and observe the games and practices to see how the team is doing. But one day as I was doing my usual routine caught the head coach having a hissy fit and screaming like the world was coming down on him. I shake my head and look down and continue to go about my business thinking in my head no need to be that dramatic about a game. Learn, teach, and help grow the young man to be a better version of himself. Your outburst is not an example you should teach someone to be when it comes to the real world. (Not you bubble at York College athletic fields) You'll find yourself losing your job and potential colleagues that you surround yourself with. You have to be composed and brush things off if you don't like how things are going.
If this is true how did you know about the freshman Transferring out? That was kept pretty quiet? How did you know so much about Nick Lilly. How did you know about the number of kids transferring? You also imply that you know why they all transferred. That does not seem like a casual fan that happened to walk by practice. There are other things that give you away. Now you may not be a player but you probably are related to one of these men.
You can say what you want but it seems pretty weak doing as an anonymous poster on a message board where the coach can’t or won’t reply. You think that Bergman, or Thompson or Coo. Or D’Affnlo don’t yell at there players.

I understand that it is frustrating that you or your son Got recruited over ( I would want him fired if he wasn’t doing this) or was not good enough to get on the field at a top 10 school or simply got to the school and realized it wasn’t for you. Either way airing your issues here only make you look foolish. Be better and maybe take your own advice and be a better man.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:04 pm
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 pm …Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
:lol: The elder statesman, just out walking his dog. Yea, you sound it.

Time to log off dad.

And as you log back on with your other account to agree with yourself, reevaluate your priorities.

So immature, what happen your parents stop letting you leach off of them while still living under the same roof as them. Is that why you're so angry? I think you need to reevaluate yourself as an adult. It's sad that you're getting worked up over someone else's opinion.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

6rock wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:11 pm So immature, what happen your parents stop letting you leach off of them while still living under the same roof as them. Is that why you're so angry? I think you need to reevaluate yourself as an adult. It's sad that you're getting worked up over someone else's opinion.
These are oddly specific jabs… perhaps you’re referring to-
“Angry” like a dad who created an online account to troll a coach who didn’t play his kid??
And “at home with parents” like a kid who just left a college because a lacrosse coach told him “no”?

At least you’re acknowledging your hurt feelings as being your opinion and not fact now though. I’ll give you that.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Asgot wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:39 pm

I understand that it is frustrating that you or your so. Got recruited over ( I would want him fired if he wasn’t doing this) or was not good enough to get on the field at a top 10 school or simply got to the school and realized it wasn’t for you. Either way airing your issues here only make you look foolish. Be better and maybe take your own advice and be a better man.

You can find a lot of in tell when you ask around. I'm just the same guy that is curious about the team as you are. Stopped one of the players a week ago when I was out and about. Asked him about the team, and what kind guns they have. Told me they lost a lot, about fifteen from last year. We continue to talk and he mentioned how another senior attackmen left the program that day. I later figured it through my wife who has connection within the school who it was. ( Don't know the kid personally just happen to take a stab at his name when I made my first post and I guess I got it right) I said there is got to be so growing pains after so many guys leaving right? He mentioned "Yeah if we even have a season". "Why is that"? I replied. He went on to say "we got in some trouble and another freshman already left within first week of school." Suspicion rose in my head but I decided to change the subject. I asked if any positions were up for grabs. He mentioned that we need lefty attackmen and but our defense is solid and the goalie position is basically solidified due to fact that one got injured during the first couple of practices. Well I said, " I wish you guys the best of luck and we both went our separate ways". I don't think I ever mentioned that I know why these men transferred out from the pervious school year. If I did then that was a typo on my end I apologize.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

6rock wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:47 pm You can find a lot of in tell when you ask around. I'm just the same guy that is curious about the team as you are. Stopped one of the players a week ago when I was out and about. Asked him about the team, and what kind guns they have. Told me they lost a lot, about fifteen from last year. We continue to talk and he mentioned how another senior attackmen left the program that day. I later figured it through my wife who has connection within the school who it was. ( Don't know the kid personally just happen to take a stab at his name when I made my first post and I guess I got it right) I said there is got to be so growing pains after so many guys leaving right? He mentioned "Yeah if we even have a season". "Why is that"? I replied. He went on to say "we got in some trouble and another freshman already left within first week of school." Suspicion rose in my head but I decided to change the subject. I asked if any positions were up for grabs. He mentioned that we need lefty attackmen and but our defense is solid and the goalie position is basically solidified due to fact that one got injured during the first couple of practices. Well I said, " I wish you guys the best of luck and we both went our separate ways". I don't think I ever mentioned that I know why these men transferred out from the pervious school year. If I did then that was a typo on my end I apologize.
Jesus Christ, just stop.
As if quitting wasn’t embarrassing enough. F’n A.
Stop!
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:52 pm Jesus Christ, just stop.
As if quitting wasn’t embarrassing enough. F’n A.
Stop!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:44 pm Fall ball scrimmages will be the first real indication of what this year will be. Hearing that O vs D battles in practice have been competitive.

When regular season rolls around, it will be the same path. Beat Stevenson and then survive and advance.
Indeed. The Stevenson games are always a battle, regardless of the national rankings or the final score. No love lost with these 2 teams, and has been that way since long before these coaches, or when they both joined the MAC. It’s an added bonus that there is now a prize at stake, in the AQ.

Survive and advance- name of the game.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:48 am
LaxFan1991 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:44 pm Fall ball scrimmages will be the first real indication of what this year will be. Hearing that O vs D battles in practice have been competitive.

When regular season rolls around, it will be the same path. Beat Stevenson and then survive and advance.
Indeed. The Stevenson games are always a battle, regardless of the national rankings or the final score. No love lost with these 2 teams, and has been that way since long before these coaches, or when they both joined the MAC. It’s an added bonus that there is now a prize at stake, in the AQ.

Yea, the reports I am getting sound promising, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately Inwill not be around for the alumni event or the scrimmages as business takes me away those weekends.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Asgot wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:18 am

Yea, the reports I am getting sound promising, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately Inwill not be around for the alumni event or the scrimmages as business takes me away those weekends.
Is anyone here going to be in attendance?
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:59 am

Some people I know will be there so I should get a report
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

I’ll be there.
I will PM you any insight and thoughts I have afterwards.

Loved seeing Whitcher get the start for the Waterdogs yesterday in the PLL championship game. Under recruited, unranked by IL :roll: , not a 4 year starter, playing at what was at the time not a perennial power. He dictates his outcome through hard work….
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:43 am [quote=RE6ULATOR post_id=493061 time=<a href="tel:1695650350">1695650350</a> user_id=4867]
[quote=Asgot post_id=492942 time=<a href="tel:1695568716">1695568716</a> user_id=3481]
[quote=DeepPocket post_id=492925 time=<a href="tel:1695556139">1695556139</a> user_id=609]
[quote=LaxFan1991 post_id=492694 time=<a href="tel:1695401042">1695401042</a> user_id=4471]
Fall ball scrimmages will be the first real indication of what this year will be. Hearing that O vs D battles in practice have been competitive.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I’ll be there.

Loved seeing Whitcher get the start for the Waterdogs yesterday in the PLL championship game. Under recruited, unranked by IL :roll: , not a 4 year starter, playing at what was at the time not a perennial power. He dictates his outcome through hard work….
[/quote]
Asgot wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:25 am [quote=RE6ULATOR post_id=493061 time=<a href="tel:1695650350">1695650350</a> user_id=4867]
[quote=Asgot post_id=492942 time=<a href="tel:1695568716">1695568716</a> user_id=3481]
[quote=DeepPocket post_id=492925 time=<a href="tel:1695556139">1695556139</a> user_id=609]
[quote=LaxFan1991 post_id=492694 time=<a href="tel:1695401042">1695401042</a> user_id=4471]
Fall ball scrimmages will be the first real indication of what this year will be. Hearing that O vs D battles in practice have been competitive.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Some people I know will be there so I should get a report
[/quote]

I will be there. Alumni game is a great way to see pervious players and new comers face off. I will be sure to give a good report.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:43 am

I’ll be there.

Thanks
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

I take a few months off the forum and look at it, good lord that went downhill quick! 8-)

Excited for the 2024 season and looking forward to catching the upcoming Alumni game and scrimmages. Cant tell much from the fall, but fun to watch either way.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

Will anybody be at Murphs? It will be great to meet up and discuss the thread over a nice pint!
Polegoal

Post by Polegoal »

I should be around on Friday as well
AshHull

Post by AshHull »

Polegoal wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:34 pm I should be around on Friday as well
I'll be around also! Let's meet up for the game.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

That awkward moment when you realize you’re talking to yourself on the internet…
That’s why you stay in school folks.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”