York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
RE6ULATOR

Re: York 2024

Post by RE6ULATOR »

Imagine creating account after account to try to spam a coach. :lol: :lol:

Stop blaming the powers that be for you or your son’s short comings and work harder.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:34 am Here’s hoping a defensive coach or two are thinking the same as InsiderRoll and others, in underestimating this York roster…
I think you might’ve buzzed the tower with this one, so he had to resurface. :roll:
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LaxFan1991

Post by LaxFan1991 »

Fall ball scrimmages will be the first real indication of what this year will be. Hearing that O vs D battles in practice have been competitive.

When regular season rolls around, it will be the same path. Beat Stevenson and then survive and advance.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:27 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:34 am Here’s hoping a defensive coach or two are thinking the same as InsiderRoll and others, in underestimating this York roster…
I think you might’ve buzzed the tower with this one, so he had to resurface. :roll:

True, true. Either way…

6rock

Post by 6rock »

Asgot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:12 am
DeepPocket wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:28 pm
Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:42 pm Is it safe to say that York is in a rebuilding phase? New O and D COs. Both first year coaches.
Only 2 of 6 returning on offense
3 of 6 returning on defense
40% of the roster are first year players

Will be interesting to see where they shake out. But at this point, it’s too early to tell if this will be a top 10 team, or a team that struggles to win the MAC
Now, at this moment I don’t speak of them with the same confidence that lets me say “Salisbury just reloads,” but the reality is York has been doing just that for some time. They have managed to replace large and important swaths of their roster for over a decade now, both off the bench and with new comers. And these same conversations persist seemingly every year, which is good, because it means that they are both still underestimated by some, and still relevant for people to talk about.

They return 3 of their top 5 scorers (1,3,4) all of whom are attackmen. They return their 2nd top scoring midfielder, and bring in a 39 point xfer midfielder (which would’ve put him at 4th in points for York, and make him their top midfield scorer). They return their top FO (one of the top in the division). They return 2/3 at close D, including their top shutdown. They return their top SSDM. And they return every one of their viable goalie options from last year.

They lost their #2 scorer (Mayer), their top midfield scorer (Burbank), and their top LSM (Green). Those are the positions that need addressing, along with locking in a decisive starting goalie. Seems like the loss of Burbank was addressed with the transfer, who brings slightly better numbers, with both a larger frame and far more experience.

As far as assistant coaching goes, yes they are both pretty green (Kennedy was coaching at York last year, not to split hairs).

There is quite a bit of real estate between being a top 10 program, being in a rebuilding year, and not winning the MAC. As a fan of many teams that have gone through a rebuild phase, I personally don’t think any team that retains the number of key players listed above qualifies as such.
as you look at it Townsend never started a game last year and played a fraction of the time Mayer did and still wound up as the third-leading scorer. If he is the starter you can easily see those numbers get very close to Mayer last year. Keough should easily match the numbers of Burbank as he is big and more mature. but, again I would say leadership is a huge thing for this team and the offense brings back Harnicj and Grayson who are two of the best leaders on the team. I am hearing that Mahorney has been very impressive so far this fall as has Berard, Kaplan, Hines, and Morton. Berard, Hines, and Kaplan can all play either Attack or Middie.

I am hearing that Wilhelm's coaching style is really resonating with the players and the defense loves RK, as he is making some tweaks to an already solid defensive core.

SSDM is solid and deep Mentzer, Shields Sock, Jens, Spencer, and Shea make up a solid core and then add the transfer and 2 of the freshmen and you can legit go 9 deep. LSM - is also deep but having to replace Greene who replaced Tyler Nation we should expect a slight drop-off. but, Rutledge is solid and Ruebling and Snodgrass can be really good pieces as well. plus there is a freshman that has been flashing early.
close is pretty solid with Biava, and Blackmon holding down two spots while seniors Ridgeway and Monohan waiting in the wings. I heard that a freshman is showing very well here also.

Goalie- is is Keller's job to lose but, the other goalies are breathing down his neck as this may be the best competition on the team.

I totally agree with a lot of things you mentioned about upcoming team. I think there will be lots of growing pains everywhere on the field. Guys need to step up and want the position. I don't believe Childs values kids hard work and determination for the game. I believe there are want to be lax players on York and there are actually the ones that will sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the program to make the team better. I feel as though those people are pushed to the side and we see the same kids he wants out on the field that cause the same issues each and every game. When may comes around I would want those guys that are leaving everything out on the field to get the win.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:07 pm Imagine creating account after account to try to spam a coach. :lol: :lol:

Stop blaming the powers that be for you or your son’s short comings and work harder.

The coach will always get the blame he is the captain of the ship. If you're bad leader, mentor, and coach you lead a group of young men down a sorry path in life. You need to be able to resonate with young adults, pick them up, LEARN HOW TO COACH. Rather than just cry when you don't get your way. (seen a lot of this out of the head coach before games). Strong leaders have faith in their players and walk around with class, resilience and humbleness. They want whats best for the team and not for themself. Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 pm
RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:07 pm Imagine creating account after account to try to spam a coach. :lol: :lol:

The coach will always get the blame he is the captain of the ship. If you're bad leader, mentor, and coach you lead a group of young men down a sorry path in life. You need to be able to resonate with young adults, pick them up, LEARN HOW TO COACH. Rather than just cry when you don't get your way. (seen a lot of this out of the head coach before games). Strong leaders have faith in their players and walk around with class, resilience and humbleness. They want whats best for the team and not for themself. Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
Lol, called it.

Love the maturity btw. But just so you know, this is the epitome of “crying when you don’t get your way.”
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Maybe the wrong time to bring this as one of the lead stories on Inside Lacrosse is a story about Matt Witcher.
6rock

Post by 6rock »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:56 pm

Lol, called it.

Love the maturity btw. But just so you know, this is the epitome of “crying when you don’t get your way.”

Had to get my point across. Not taking anything away from the program or and what these young men have done to create what York lacrosse is today. I just believe within every good system there are bad eggs that lie. It's ok to disagree but you obviously can't see each side of the issues with the team. I'm surprise as you consider yourself a life long fan of this program
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:10 pm
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 pm The coach will always get the blame he is the captain of the ship. If you're bad leader, mentor, and coach you lead a group of young men down a sorry path in life. You need to be able to resonate with young adults, pick them up, LEARN HOW TO COACH. Rather than just cry when you don't get your way. (seen a lot of this out of the head coach before games). Strong leaders have faith in their players and walk around with class, resilience and humbleness. They want whats best for the team and not for themself. Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
Had to get my point across. Not taking anything away from the program or and what these young men have done to create what York lacrosse is today. I just believe within every good system there are bad eggs that lie. It's ok to disagree but you obviously can't see each side of the issues with the team. I'm surprise as you consider yourself a life long fan of this program
I understand you’re trying to appear as reasonable as you can while still just trolling, but you sound flat out ridiculous.

74-16 over the last 5 years, but different players should’ve been played?

Has consistently had players that both elect to stay under his tutelage for grad years, and/or continue on to coach as assistants under him, but he is not a good mentor or leader?

Has sent players and assistant coaches to play professionally, as well as to coach at UPenn, Dartmouth, Weslyan, Scranton, MIAA and many other school levels and club programs, but he is leading men down a sorry path?

Coach of the year award winner, but a 3 post troll on an Internet forum says he needs to learn how to coach?

RE6ULATOR was right, tell your kid to work harder if he’s lucky enough to make another roster. Sounds like he did need a better mentor in life, but that was long before college.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:00 am
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:08 pm ... I don't believe Childs values kids hard work and determination for the game. I believe there are want to be lax players on York and there are actually the ones that will sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the program to make the team better. I feel as though those people are pushed to the side and we see the same kids he wants out on the field that cause the same issues each and every game…
... If you're bad leader, mentor, and coach you lead a group of young men down a sorry path in life… LEARN HOW TO COACH. Rather than just cry when you don't get your way…
... I feel as though York should look for a coaching change in the upcoming years to revamp this program and get it back to the top where it once was.
I understand you’re trying to appear as reasonable as you can while still just trolling, but you sound flat out ridiculous.

Has consistently had players that both elect to stay under his tutelage for grad years, and/or continue on to coach as assistants under him, but he is not a good mentor or leader?

Has sent players and assistant coaches to play professionally, as well as to coach at UPenn, Dartmouth, Weslyan, Scranton, MIAA and many other school levels and club programs, but he is leading men down a sorry path?

Coach of the year award winner, but a 3 post troll on an Internet forum says he needs to learn how to coach?

RE6ULATOR was right, tell your kid to work harder if he’s lucky enough to make another roster. Sounds like he did need a better mentor in life, but that was long before college.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

LaxFan1991 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:44 pm When regular season rolls around, it will be the same path. Beat Stevenson and then survive and advance.
Same as always.
Mijohnson

Post by Mijohnson »

Be honest with thy self……
6rock

Post by 6rock »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:25 pm
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:00 am
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:08 pm ... I don't believe Childs values kids hard work and determination for the game. I believe there are want to be lax players on York and there are actually the ones that will sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the program to make the team better. I feel as though those people are pushed to the side and we see the same kids he wants out on the field that cause the same issues each and every game…
... If you're bad leader, mentor, and coach you lead a group of young men down a sorry path in life… LEARN HOW TO COACH. Rather than just cry when you don't get your way…
... I feel as though York should look for a coaching change in the upcoming years to revamp this program and get it back to the top where it once was.

I applaud you for noting all of these wonderful attributes. If he was such an amazing coach fifteen guys would of not gotten up and left last season. Plus over the years he can't return majority of the guys that he recruited. Clearly you don't know enough about the team and only have a very broad spectrum of what is really going on. I challenge you to look around speak to pervious players and families of the program and see what they have to say.
You are clearly uninformed and seem to think everything is perfect over in the York lax community. (Not at all) Its funny that you need to attack the players in order to get your point across. It reminds of the same thing Brandon does when he is in the wrong for something. It's always the players fault instead of taking core responsibilities as and adult. If learned anything in life adult men should never point the finger and blame the kid for the problems that are going on in life. I guess we have a lot of beta men out there.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Yea, I don’t see where I attacked players. If you mean me quoting another poster saying for you to “tell your kid to work harder” as an attack on the players, that is incredibly soft of you. Now the whole quitting thing makes sense. How dare someone tell your kid to work harder…. :roll:
Mijohnson

Post by Mijohnson »

6R. Accurate…….
6rock

Post by 6rock »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:42 am Yea, I don’t see where I attacked players. If you mean me quoting another poster saying for you to “tell your kid to work harder” as an attack on the players, that is incredibly soft of you. Now the whole quitting thing makes sense. How dare someone tell your kid to work harder…. :roll:

You keep bringing up "tell your kid to work harder." Never once stated my kid played for the York program. Just a avid colligate lacrosse fan of all levels. I like D3 especially because I once played back in the day. Ended up residing in York where I found out through the community it had a terrific program. So I started to follow them to bring me back to my glory days. Like we all are trying to live out through this fan page Hahaha. Caught some big games and practices as I do my leisurely walk with my wife throughout York. I will occasionally watch and observe the games and practices to see how the team is doing. But one day as I was doing my usual routine caught the head coach having a hissy fit and screaming like the world was coming down on him. I shake my head and look down and continue to go about my business thinking in my head no need to be that dramatic about a game. Learn, teach, and help grow the young man to be a better version of himself. Your outburst is not an example you should teach someone to be when it comes to the real world. (Not you bubble at York College athletic fields) You'll find yourself losing your job and potential colleagues that you surround yourself with. You have to be composed and brush things off if you don't like how things are going.
RE6ULATOR

Post by RE6ULATOR »

6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 pm …Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
:lol: The elder statesman, just out walking his dog. Yea, you sound it.

Time to log off dad.

And as you log back on with your other account to agree with yourself, reevaluate your priorities.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

RE6ULATOR wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:04 pm
6rock wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:30 pm …Clearly you are butt buddies with the coach to defend him this much over the last couple of threads. But there is a new kid on the block and I'm calling the SHOTS.
:lol: The elder statesman, just out walking his dog. Yea, you sound it.

Time to log off dad.

And as you log back on with your other account to agree with yourself, reevaluate your priorities.
Wowzers. Someone definitely got told “no” for the first time. Sad sad state of affairs. I been saying this for years, a childhood without cuts, or friendly teasing, and the kids have gone soft. Parents like my man here don’t even realize that trying to insulate the kids from their own failures only makes the inevitable experience in life worse. Teach resilience, this ain’t it dude.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

This thread has become pathetic

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”