Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:23 am That's your distorted characterization.

The warrants weren't ready until Apr 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Salt: "hey guys...why did it take 5 years to indict Hunter on a simple tax case the IRS has seen 1,000 times, allowing the SOL's to expire".

Old Salt, in the same breath: "it took two years.....not two weeks, or two months.....but two YEARS just for these guys to simply pull warrants"

A fan: "hey, don't you think that these two statements are, call me crazy....connected? Two years to pull warrants? What the heck were they doing in those two years if they hadn't even pulled warrants? What could they possibly be doing for two years if they weren't looking at Hunter's records?"

Old Salt: "I don't want to blame anyone for this other than Garland, so I'm not going to tell you "hey, that's a valid point...why the F did it take them TWO YEARS to pull warrants". In addition, I'm going to completely ignore the fact that the WB blamed Barr for dragging feet, which is second plausible reason for why the SOL expired.

This is not a discussion, OS, and you don't want to learn anything from your fellow posters who can lend a different, non-partisan view. You don't want anyone to interfere with the conclusion you made months ago.
Last edited by a fan on Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A 3rd IRS agent has now testified that Weiss did not have the authority to go after HB. No wonder Ricky G was so angry when he was testifying yesterday. It looks like Michael Batdorf was lying as well. He held the insignificant title of field office supervisor. :D I guess we still need to hear from Bill Barr under oath to explain how he let this all happen? 8-)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:56 pm A 3rd IRS agent has now testified that Weiss did not have the authority to go after HB. No wonder Ricky G was so angry when he was testifying yesterday. It looks like Michael Batdorf was lying as well. He held the insignificant title of field office supervisor. :D I guess we still need to hear from Bill Barr under oath to explain how he let this all happen? 8-)

Seriously???? IRS agents know more about the law, not for the first time in this instance than the people who soend their careers on it. Just more crap trying to hype fund raising. Not to mention tanking the economy going into the election.

But go ahead and provide the legal citations.

The favt is as AG for Delaware he null prossed gates with similar facts to the Biden set.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:56 pm A 3rd IRS agent has now testified that Weiss did not have the authority to go after HB. No wonder Ricky G was so angry when he was testifying yesterday. It looks like Michael Batdorf was lying as well. He held the insignificant title of field office supervisor. :D I guess we still need to hear from Bill Barr under oath to explain how he let this all happen? 8-)
It's a 100% irrelevant question, cradle. The R's are trying to find anything they can to muddy the waters, and make everything a conspiracy because they know that their eat this stuff up, and ask for more.

Hunter was charged by Weiss, Cradle. So obviously, anyone who thought---for whatever reason---Weiss wasn't the charging prosecutor was demonstrably wrong.

This IRS guy is sounding more and more like Cliff Clavin from Cheers-----a know it all, who doesn't know even a fraction of what he thinks.

This was, by his own admission, the first time he worked on a joint IRS-DoJ prosecution. And it was Bill Barr who decided to make it a joint investigation, cradle.

Sounds to me like that choice is yet another reason that the investigation was moving at a snail's pace......does it make sense to you that they didn't pull all the pertinent warrants for two full years?

Does that sound like a reasonable amount of time to you? Or better still----if you think someone is hiding money from the IRS, would you give them two full years to spend or further hide that money?

The more I hear, the more I think that everyone involved was incompetent.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:59 am
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:52 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:44 am Saltine is so far down the rabbit hole with the rest of the GOP clowns that he no longer has any credibility. He could use a compass to find his way back to the surface on Earth 1. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He even forgot to mention that his hero Fatso Orange was sanctioned by NYS and can no longer operate ANY charitable organization within the state. :oops:
Trump has nothing to do with this discussion. It remains my hope that his legal issues will prevent him from being nominated.

What Trump did or didn't do is an irrelevant whataboutism diversion in regard to Hunter's case.

At least Trump filed his income taxes, & Congress released his returns to the public when they got their hands on them.
Here's another tidbit on your other hero - John Durham
* https://apnews.com/article/connecticut- ... 098cd8ed40

Apparently his longtime assistant prosecutor at Connecticut DoJ reveals why she quit the probe.

Hoping you find that compass to get out of the rabbit hole you're in - perhaps you'll meet the Mad Hatter at a tea party soon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
* While Durham’s report did identify significant problems with the FBI’s Trump-Russia probe, including major errors and omissions in wiretap applications targeting a former Trump campaign official, many of the findings had already been revealed by the Justice Department inspector general. And though Trump had looked to the report to malign the FBI as prejudiced against him, Durham concluded that the FBI’s mistakes were mostly a result of “confirmation bias” rather than partisanship or outright political bias.

Shame on Barr & Durham for exposing & confirming the Russia Russia Collusion hoax.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:00 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:23 am That's your distorted characterization.

Old Salt: "hey guys...why did it take 5 years to indict Hunter on a simple tax case the IRS has seen 1,000 times, allowing the SOL's to expire".

afan : Blah blah blah, squirrel, squirrel, squirrel
It was hardly a simple tax case & it did not take 5 years (under Barr) because the clock reset every year that Hunter filed for an automatic extension.

Hunter was given the same opportunity any other citizen would receive to resolve his case before criminal charges were filed.
Hunter had an accountant acting on his behalf, working with the IRS to reconcile his tax liability.
This process with the IRS moves at a glacial pace. The IRS charges interest & they put a hold on renewing Hunter's passport.
Hunter just never paid, until his sugar-bro stepped up.

There was still plenty of time left under the SOL's (which could easily have been extended) by the time Barr left office & the 2020 election was over.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:33 pm

It was hardly a simple tax case
That's right. Don't listen. What else is new.

Question, since you are such an expert on tax cases that you can tell that "it was hardly a simple tax case"....what did these IRS and DoJ investigators do for two years if they didn't pull any warrants.

Take your time. Tell me what they did. That's two full years, no warrants pulled, according to the WB. So......they did what, exactly?

But sure, gloss over that as a footnote because you're not REALLY interested in why the SOL expired.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:46 pm

Question, since you are such an expert on tax cases that you can tell that "it was hardly a simple tax case"....what did these IRS and DoJ investigators do for two years if they didn't pull any warrants.

Take your time. Tell me what they did. That's two full years, no warrants pulled, according to the WB. So......they did what, exactly?

But sure, gloss over that as a footnote because you're not REALLY interested in why the SOL expired.
Give me the cite & the details to which you refer.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:52 pm

Not a chance. Know why? It's from your freaking cite.

You're not having an honest conversation with me, OS. You're gaslighting.....acting like a get off my lawn guy who has zero interest in answering his own questions.....if he doesn't like the answers he gets.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:58 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:52 pm

Not a chance. Know why? It's from your freaking cite.

You're not having an honest conversation with me, OS. You're gaslighting.....acting like a get off my lawn guy who has zero interest in answering his own questions.....if he doesn't like the answers he gets.
You want specific answers from me, yet you won't give me the specifics of your question.

You keep diverting the discussion to the time that Barr was the AG.
I have given you what Barr has said about his time in office.
I can't explain why things happened the way they did in Biden's DoJ.
You can't even tell me the 2 year period you're insisting that I explain.
Who is gaslighting here ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:13 pmYou want specific answers from me, yet you won't give me the specifics of your question.

Nope. I keep telling that that's where all the time was wasted.

We know this because of two things the WB told us. One is an opinion, the WG's told us Barr was slowing the investigation down. And the other, is factual.....in the cite you just gave, these same WB's said they weren't even ready to pull warrants until a full two years into the investigation.

If you don't pull warrants to get the information you need to prosecute for two full years......are you telling me that you're so out to lunch that you don't get why it took another two years to get an indictment together?

The WB's just told everyone that the actual access to Hunter's information didn't happen until 2020. So the investigation with facts in hand didn't actually start until 2020.

In other words, Barr's DoJ-IRS joint investigation did NOTHING about Hunter Biden while in office. A big, fat, zippo. They didn't even have his freaking bank records until summer of 2020. :lol: Gee, why did this stupid case take five years, OS?
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:23 am The warrants weren't ready until Apr 2020
https://newrepublic.com/post/174474/sta ... department
“You said that warrants were ready as soon as April 2020 to begin searching for records, but actions weren’t taken with regard to those warrants,” Krishnamoorthi then asked Shapley. “Again, Joe Biden was not the president in April of 2020. Was he?”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:37 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:13 pmYou want specific answers from me, yet you won't give me the specifics of your question.

Nope. I keep telling that that's where all the time was wasted.

We know this because of two things the WB told us. One is an opinion, the WG's told us Barr was slowing the investigation down. And the other, is factual.....in the cite you just gave, these same WB's said they weren't even ready to pull warrants until a full two years into the investigation.

If you don't pull warrants to get the information you need to prosecute for two full years......are you telling me that you're so out to lunch that you don't get why it took another two years to get an indictment together?

The WB's just told everyone that the actual access to Hunter's information didn't happen until 2020. So the investigation with facts in hand didn't actually start until 2020.

In other words, Barr's DoJ-IRS joint investigation did NOTHING about Hunter Biden while in office. A big, fat, zippo. They didn't even have his freaking bank records until summer of 2020. :lol: Gee, why did this stupid case take five years, OS?
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:23 am The warrants weren't ready until Apr 2020
https://newrepublic.com/post/174474/sta ... department
“You said that warrants were ready as soon as April 2020 to begin searching for records, but actions weren’t taken with regard to those warrants,” Krishnamoorthi then asked Shapley. “Again, Joe Biden was not the president in April of 2020. Was he?”
Yes. The IRS investigation had not progressed to the point that they asked for those warrants until Apr 2020 -- right in the middle of the campaign. Biden won the SC primary on Feb 29 & Super Tuesday was Mar 3. Barr complied with the standing DoJ policy not to interfere in elections -- I've repeatedly shown you his words on that. That warrant request came just a little over 6 mos before the election. Barr left office a month after the election. The earliest SOLs did not expire until Oct 2022 -- nearly 2 years after Barr left office & they could have been easily extended by a tolling agreement. Barr was not the slowdown. Weiss subsequently told the WB's that he did not intend to pursue charges for 2014, 2015 & 2016. That's why the plea deal contained misdemeanor charges for 2017 & 2018. Do you expect a day to day tick tock of what the IRS was doing in their investigation ? Do you think that Barr, Wray & Rettig should have demanded evidence & indictments before the investigators built a case that would support them ?

Show me the WB's words which are the basis for this assertion of yours :
Do you think the IRS had nothing to investigate before the warrants they requested in Apr 2020 ?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

WHAT IF JOURNALISTS ACTUALLY READ [WHISTLEBLOWER] GARY SHAPLEY RATHER THAN PARROTING HIS TESTIMONY?
...Republicans relentlessly claimed that Hunter Biden was getting special treatment because the US Attorney investigating him, who wanted more leverage to force a plea deal, had been granted Special Counsel status — which should prove, instead, that DOJ was deploying extraordinary prosecutorial resources against a private citizen. Republicans relentlessly complained that Garland hadn’t interfered in Weiss’ investigation — at all! — to make him charge Hunter Biden more quickly or more aggressively when the entire point was he had agreed in his confirmation hearing not to interfere.

Republicans also repeated, over and over, two claims that Gary Shapley — the so-called whistleblower all these Republicans claim to trust implicitly — had already addressed in his notes. Those two claims are that David Weiss “let” statutes of limitation on the two Burisma years Republicans believe include the most corruption expire, and that he couldn’t get authority to charge Hunter in the venue — Los Angeles — where more recent tax years had venue.

Gary Shapley’s materials had always debunked the first claim: that Weiss “let” statutes of limitation expire.
Read on. The shameful GOP behavior in that "hearing" yesterday was typical republicon bullshirt.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:27 am WHAT IF JOURNALISTS ACTUALLY READ [WHISTLEBLOWER] GARY SHAPLEY RATHER THAN PARROTING HIS TESTIMONY?
...Republicans relentlessly claimed that Hunter Biden was getting special treatment because the US Attorney investigating him, who wanted more leverage to force a plea deal, had been granted Special Counsel status — which should prove, instead, that DOJ was deploying extraordinary prosecutorial resources against a private citizen. Republicans relentlessly complained that Garland hadn’t interfered in Weiss’ investigation — at all! — to make him charge Hunter Biden more quickly or more aggressively when the entire point was he had agreed in his confirmation hearing not to interfere.

Republicans also repeated, over and over, two claims that Gary Shapley — the so-called whistleblower all these Republicans claim to trust implicitly — had already addressed in his notes. Those two claims are that David Weiss “let” statutes of limitation on the two Burisma years Republicans believe include the most corruption expire, and that he couldn’t get authority to charge Hunter in the venue — Los Angeles — where more recent tax years had venue.

Gary Shapley’s materials had always debunked the first claim: that Weiss “let” statutes of limitation expire.
Read on. The shameful GOP behavior in that "hearing" yesterday was typical republicon bullshirt.

Shapley took notes at these meetings. Are you saying Diss that he is lying? Maybe it is his notes that are lying to him? :D It is rather odd that the people contradicting what he said are all suffering from CRS. They can't DENY what he said, ala HRC they simply don't "recall" what was said. BTW Diss, I thought you had an infatuation with whistle blowers? ;) That needs to be narrowed down to you are infatuated with certain whistle blowers.
Now it is the DemocRATs shoveling the BS. The game of politics is increasingly a dog eat dog business. The AG is about as popular today as a SCOTUS justice.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:27 am WHAT IF JOURNALISTS ACTUALLY READ [WHISTLEBLOWER] GARY SHAPLEY RATHER THAN PARROTING HIS TESTIMONY?

Shapley took notes at these meetings. Are you saying Diss that he is lying? Maybe it is his notes that are lying to him? :D It is rather odd that the people contradicting what he said are all suffering from CRS. They can't DENY what he said, ala HRC they simply don't "recall" what was said. BTW Diss, I thought you had an infatuation with whistle blowers? ;) That needs to be narrowed down to you are infatuated with certain whistle blowers.
Now it is the DemocRATs shoveling the BS. The game of politics is increasingly a dog eat dog business. The AG is about as popular today as a SCOTUS justice.
Poor dissss... so confused. He used to be infatuated with Glenn G too :D
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:05 am

Poor dissss... so confused. He used to be infatuated with Glenn G too :D
Question for cradle and Tech.

If Weiss wasn't the charging officer Hunter Biden----how is it that Weiss charged, you know, Hunter Biden?

Think it over. Tech, feel free to pejoratively label simple, logical questions as "gotcha" questions.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:02 am Do you expect a day to day tick tock of what the IRS was doing in their investigation ? Do you think that Barr, Wray & Rettig should have demanded evidence & indictments before the investigators built a case that would support them ?
:lol: Build a case that would support them? Are you telling me that Barr launched a joint IRS-DoJ investigation into Hunter Biden WITHOUT all the probable cause already in place?

This wasn't a murder investigation, OS. It was an idiot who didn't file taxes for two years. Add in a quick google search, you'd find a AP Story from 2014 that States...

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. Vice President Joe Biden’s visit Saturday to support Ukraine’s fragile democracy came soon after his youngest son was hired by a private Ukrainian company that promotes energy independence from Moscow.

Yet that company leases natural gas fields in the breakaway Russian-backed state of Crimea and is owned by a former government minister with ties to Ukraine’s ousted pro-Russian president.

The hiring of Hunter Biden, 44, by Burisma Holdings Limited in April was approved by the company’s owner, a former senior minister and political ally of Viktor Yanukovych, the exiled Ukrainian president.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-eu ... 577fc5937f

So you're telling me after seeing he got that job that was announced to the entire planet....and didn't file taxes for two years....the IRS doesn't have probable cause to pull his bank records? Buffalo Bagels.

Riddle me this: if there was no probable cause to investigate....why was this massive investigation moved to Bill Barr's control in 2019?
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:02 am Do you think the IRS had nothing to investigate before the warrants they requested in Apr 2020 ?
:lol: Great. Tell me what they were doing. How do you investigate and prove tax fraud without examining the accused's financial records?

But let's pretend you think this makes sense for a moment. If the IRS and DoJ didn't even get a look at Hunter's finances until summer/fall of 2020....now it makes sense that it took another two years to indict. Because the investigation didn't REALLY begin until they had a look at Hunter's finances.

And you, naturally, don't want to think about anything that ruins your conclusion that this is a conspiracy of the highest order.

And remember this post:
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:22 pm It's not just influence peddling. How did it impact our foreign policy when Biden was VP then President ?
What about FARA, compared to Manafort, Gates, Craig & Flynn ?
If you're REALLY worried about this.....why the F are you giving the IRS and DoJ a pass for taking so freaking long just to pull warrants and look at financial records......that three years later, Joe Biden was now in office?

You honestly don't see the problem here, OS? What if there WERE financial ties between Hunter and Joe and Ukraine. And the IRS and DoJ diddled around so long that Joe is now in office. That's a pretty bad outcome for America, don't you think?

It's makes ZERO sense that you're defending this, OS.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Pretty nefarious of Barr and Weiss to slow walk the investigation in order to prop up joe and have him beat trump in 2020.

And then more so since they arrange for Weiss to stay on after the election as a Manchurian prosecutor.

Guess trump is right. It was rigged against him. By his own people.

Maybe Weiss sucks as a prosecutor. If so, blame Barr and trump for that.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.... these Trump fans that are complaining may have no one to blame but themselves. They believe in law and order so much, that they oppose the hiring of additional IRS agents. The IRS has been underfunded for decades. Biden attempted to rectify that and as soon as republiCONs took the house (2022) they commenced to take enforcement money away from the IRS. Wouldn't want the real rich crooks being investigated. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”