Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
UpDownLax

Re: Recruiting

Post by UpDownLax »

Gotta think spallinas announcement is coming soon. I just can’t see UnC as a possibility now. Dad, Cuse or Clemson. Go to to wonder where dad and Cuse turn if it does end up being Clemson.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Uma Kowalski to Notre Dame. for sure one of the best players in this class. congrats to ND
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

UpDownLax wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:06 pm Gotta think spallinas announcement is coming soon. I just can’t see UnC as a possibility now. Dad, Cuse or Clemson. Go to to wonder where dad and Cuse turn if it does end up being Clemson.
She took an official to CUSE this past weekend. Clemson 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking maybe she still wants to take one to UNC and SB. Looking at a decision end of month.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:07 pm Uma Kowalski to Notre Dame. for sure one of the best players in this class. congrats to ND
Got Bacigalupo from Prime Time as well. And Cece! Nice day.
Last edited by Relax77 on Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxlife1234

Post by laxlife1234 »

ND gets CT goalie Patterson. Great class by the Irish so far!
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Crazy first 2 weeks post September 1.

Undisputed winner so far is UNC. Just stacking up talent in this class.

Notre Dame comes in big this weekend landing top goalie in the class. Mileage varies amongst college coaches on some of the other picks up but coming in to get the goalie is huge.

Maryland and BC off to a slow start, but still a couple of studs out there for them to pick off.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

ND is going crazy today. Maeve Cavanaugh to ND. Was a top 10 caliber player last year before suffering and injury.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:10 pm
UpDownLax wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:06 pm Gotta think spallinas announcement is coming soon. I just can’t see UnC as a possibility now. Dad, Cuse or Clemson. Go to to wonder where dad and Cuse turn if it does end up being Clemson.
She took an official to CUSE this past weekend. Clemson 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking maybe she still wants to take one to UNC and SB. Looking at a decision end of month.
She doesn’t need to take a visit to SB LOL she grew up there. Secondly, you cannot compare the culture at SV to any of the other schools mentioned here. It is a glorified commute to school at best.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

Fischer wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:59 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:10 pm
She doesn’t need to take a visit to SB LOL she grew up there. Secondly, you cannot compare the culture at SV to any of the other schools mentioned here. It is a glorified commute to school at best.
Agree. Joe has taken SB about as far as it can go; it's actually impressive how much life he's squeezed out of the place. There's only so much you can sell about a school before there's nothing left. There's a lot more to sell at a place like Florida, Clemson, UNC or UVA. Joe has truly done more with less. Syracuse on the other hand is destined for the Maryland fall we're seeing. I don't see wlax players continuing to flock there when they could go to one of the southern schools with huge fan bases, especially seeing that talent has always been there, but not a single championship. It's the wlax version of the Buffalo Bills.
It will be interesting to see if USF builds momentum as quick as some of these other big southern schools have done. Can't hate Tampa weather!
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:12 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:08 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:29 pm Kyle Finnell committed to NW
Finnell to NW was probably the biggest shock for me this far in the recruiting process. Absolutely great player who I heard is a great student.

However, not sure how I see her fitting into the NW offense. Can't remember NW ever having a tall, more stationary attacker in their offense. Would have thought Duke, BC and even Stanford would be much better fits here.
Agreed. Finnell is a great player. She's big, powerful, and shoots hard. But for the type of offensive sets NW runs she's not mobile enough
KAH mixing it up. Sounds like another Danielle Spencer. Poster her by the goal and lob it up to her. 💥
Stix

Post by Stix »

So many elite players want to play with Kate Levy.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Stix wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:16 pm So many elite players want to play with Kate Levy.
Kate is a great player but she's no world beater. If there is a player all of these girls would want to play with it's Chloe Humphrey. She's quite famous among her peers having played against many of them at some point. They know her talent.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Any chance AS goes to BC?
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Maryland is probably pretty close to filling their class. Currently at six commits, 4 from the four-star watch list ILWomen put out, and 2 from off of it. Those two, however, were at the USA NTDP tryouts where Caitlyn Phipps is one of the coaches. One of the commits in their class is the younger sister of current Terp Brianna Lamoureux, and another is the younger sister of UNC freshman Eva Ingrilli.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

jff97 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:14 pm Maryland is probably pretty close to filling their class. Currently at six commits, 4 from the four-star watch list ILWomen put out, and 2 from off of it. Those two, however, were at the USA NTDP tryouts where Caitlyn Phipps is one of the coaches. One of the commits in their class is the younger sister of current Terp Brianna Lamoureux, and another is the younger sister of UNC freshman Eva Ingrilli.
They might still be in play for Mckenzie Brown. But yea kind of on par with what we've been talking about. the luster has worn off the program
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

SoCal wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 pm Any chance AS goes to BC?
There's a chance. Would be a major surprise but not impossible
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

Maryland is still in contention for Mackenzie Conley, Mackenzie Brown, and Jordyn Krafchick.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:40 pm
jff97 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:14 pm Maryland is probably pretty close to filling their class. Currently at six commits, 4 from the four-star watch list ILWomen put out, and 2 from off of it. Those two, however, were at the USA NTDP tryouts where Caitlyn Phipps is one of the coaches. One of the commits in their class is the younger sister of current Terp Brianna Lamoureux, and another is the younger sister of UNC freshman Eva Ingrilli.
They might still be in play for Mckenzie Brown. But yea kind of on par with what we've been talking about. the luster has worn off the program
I think the biggest concern for MD is if the talent in state continues to consolidate in private schools. While being a very solid public university, UMD is not viewed as an elite academic institution in-state. That's even more true at private schools.
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

I agree with you Jff97. That’s why missing on Emma P. was a blow. The truth is it’s a fallacy. Maryland is just as good a school as UNC and better than Clemson. UNC doesn’t even have engineering as a major.

Jenny L is going to have to manage a bunch of talent who want to play. She hasn’t been able to manage this before. She is a very good person, so I don’t want say anything more.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”