Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan212

Re: Recruiting

Post by Laxfan212 »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:18 am Also BC, NW fans, fear not..committments are indeed coming
Curious about NU - have they had official visits yet or coming up? Are they holding off on announcing already done commitments?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:42 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:24 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 am Spallina to Clemson is pretty much dead with them having landed Penzcek. UNC chose Winkler over her so they are out. SB is the place
How awkward would it be for her dad to be negotiating her scholarship amount? Do they have someone else in admin participate in those cases to make sure that it's transparent?
Free or heavily discounted tuition for family benefits is negotiated into most senior SUNY employees contracts. Would be shocked if it wasn’t here. And it wouldn’t impact athletic $$ at all.

My guess (based on very little) is AS goes to stony brook and takes at least two of her YJS teammates with her.
I was about to write the same Pretty sure she would go to sbu for free Allowing js to keep money for others
My
Friend took a job at a university and his kids(narps)go for a DEEP deep discount
Bart

Post by Bart »

Kleizaster wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:11 am Spallina to Clemson is pretty much dead with them having landed Penzcek. UNC chose Winkler over her so they are out. SB is the place
How awkward would it be for her dad to be negotiating her scholarship amount? Do they have someone else in admin participate in those cases to make sure that it's transparent?
Free or heavily discounted tuition for family benefits is negotiated into most senior SUNY employees contracts. Would be shocked if it wasn’t here. And it wouldn’t impact athletic $$ at all.

My guess (based on very little) is AS goes to stony brook and takes at least two of her YJS teammates with her.
If by senior you mean presidents and provost level then you have a point. Most all employees not in the upper echelon of the administration do not negotiate their own contract like the admin does. . Unless the athletic department of Stony Brook is different than all the other campuses they will be covered by the UUP contract that does not contain this particular perk. If he does get it then good on him but I have yet to see this in a contract other than a president/provost. I could be wrong, I learn new things from the SUNY Centers all the time........
njbill

Post by njbill »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:16 pm
lax410 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:29 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:12 pm I can’t wait for January. The amount of energy around high school juniors on this forum is entertaining. Who knows if any of us will (a) remember these “great gets” by the time they show up to college and (b) actually get to watch them play, as they have to earn their spot over the “great gets” from 2024, 3 and 2.
This is certainly exciting for parents of girls currently in the process, but I don’t personally put nearly as much stock in the future trajectory of Clemson or unc versus bc or northwestern because of the #3 ranked recruit versus the number 50….
I’m finding it exciting to see so many people interested in the next generation of players. Mens prospects certainly get lots of attention and conversation. Why not the women?
Did I see somewhere that lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the world? (Or nation?) Conversation creates interest, interest creates money, and money expands the sport. We're seeing a revolution of the sport right now.
Nope. That would be pickleball. :lol:
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

njbill wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:13 am
LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:16 pm
lax410 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:29 pm
Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:12 pm I can’t wait for January. The amount of energy around high school juniors on this forum is entertaining. Who knows if any of us will (a) remember these “great gets” by the time they show up to college and (b) actually get to watch them play, as they have to earn their spot over the “great gets” from 2024, 3 and 2.
This is certainly exciting for parents of girls currently in the process, but I don’t personally put nearly as much stock in the future trajectory of Clemson or unc versus bc or northwestern because of the #3 ranked recruit versus the number 50….
I’m finding it exciting to see so many people interested in the next generation of players. Mens prospects certainly get lots of attention and conversation. Why not the women?
Did I see somewhere that lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the world? (Or nation?) Conversation creates interest, interest creates money, and money expands the sport. We're seeing a revolution of the sport right now.
Nope. That would be pickleball. :lol:
Ah! You're right. 🤣
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Saw this on BOTC and thought it deserved a repost here:

I live in SC, not far from Clemson. I’m sure they give a great pitch and tour with new facilities. And the weather is fabulous! But keep in mind this is the Deep South where the state legislators have basically outlawed abortion (6 week ban), antisemitism is rampant and far right Christians rule the roost. If this is your thing, Clemson’s for you. I have no affiliation with U Md, just perusing this site and struck by the glorifying of Clemson.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Great now here we go. A lax forum has to become political. 🙄
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Bart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:04 pm

If by senior you mean presidents and provost level then you have a point. Most all employees not in the upper echelon of the administration do not negotiate their own contract like the admin does. . Unless the athletic department of Stony Brook is different than all the other campuses they will be covered by the UUP contract that does not contain this particular perk. If he does get it then good on him but I have yet to see this in a contract other than a president/provost. I could be wrong, I learn new things from the SUNY Centers all the time........
All head coaches at SUNY schools negotiate their own contracts. Lots of important thing like $$ from camps, right to use university facilities for own benefits, media obligations, budget for assistant coaches, etc.

I have no inside info on JS's contract, but would be surprised if some type of discounted tuition was not included.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:36 am Great now here we go. A lax forum has to become political. 🙄
The comments above from BOTC aren’t political.
We discuss all sorts of things to consider when committing: geography (weather), financial, safety, etc. - why shouldn’t folks also consider the social culture of a school / town they’re going to live in for the next 4 years?
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

SoCal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:01 am
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:36 am Great now here we go. A lax forum has to become political. 🙄
We discuss all sorts of things to consider when committing: geography (weather), financial, safety, etc. - why shouldn’t folks also consider the social culture of a school / town they’re going to live in for the next 4 years?
A lot of anger behind that post. I'd ask the poster why they live there if it's so bad.
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

I have family members that work for private universities (don't know about public) and they get 100% free tuition for all children. It's a low cost way for the university to get professors despite the horrible pay. It's across the board though including janitors etc.. If you have several children it works out. If you have one child the free tuition doesn't make up for the low pay vs industry. Of course a well known coach probably doesn't have the low pay issue.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

BC with a couple of nice pickups in Grace Holland and Lily Kondas
Carolinagrad

Post by Carolinagrad »

Your comments are political. Talk about painting with a broad brush, you did so. Clemson is a rival school to my Heels but as someone who went to college and lived in the south you cannot make broad generalizations. You will find people with a variety of political ideologies, particularly on a college campus. Please stick to lacrosse.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:42 am
Bart wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:04 pm

All head coaches at SUNY schools negotiate their own contracts. Lots of important thing like $$ from camps, right to use university facilities for own benefits, media obligations, budget for assistant coaches, etc.

I have no inside info on JS's contract, but would be surprised if some type of discounted tuition was not included.
Of course all head coaches negotiate their contracts.........all faculty members do as well. They do this negotiation with in the realm of what the current contract between UUP and the state. At least salary wise.

I still think the tuition thing isn't a thing. If it is, great for him...get what you can get but this has never even been considered in any of the search committee's I have been on.....not a University Center. This type of thing has been talked about for decades and the best SUNY has come up with is a $500/ semester "award".
MM1980

Post by MM1980 »

Carolinagrad wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:56 am
Your comments are political. Talk about painting with a broad brush, you did so. Clemson is a rival school to my Heels but as someone who went to college and lived in the south you cannot make broad generalizations. You will find people with a variety of political ideologies, particularly on a college campus. Please stick to lacrosse.
Everyone paints everything with a broad brush on this site. Coaches, academics, play time, etc.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:25 am BC with a couple of nice pickups in Grace Holland and Lily Kondas
Agree that Holland is a nice pick up. Saw her several times freshman year. Really good goalie. Don’t think I saw her last year though.
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

njbill wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:45 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:25 am BC with a couple of nice pickups in Grace Holland and Lily Kondas
Agree that Holland is a nice pick up. Saw her several times freshman year. Really good goalie. Don’t think I saw her last year though.
Agreed about Holland. Goalie recruiting is different. ND, UVA & NW haven't taken a goalie the last 2 classes
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

NW took a 2024 goalie this summer- Kate Keller from Boston.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Goalies are weird and there is a few top studs in this class and than a bunch of interesting prospects. The CT Grizzly GK has not picked yet, so figure that is the next big domino to drop. From hearing from club coaches its seems like the big 3 were the HHH GK (BC), the M&D kid (Clemson), and the CT kid. Would be interesting to see where it falls with the rest!
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

flushlax77 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:01 pm Goalies are weird and there is a few top studs in this class and than a bunch of interesting prospects. The CT Grizzly GK has not picked yet, so figure that is the next big domino to drop. From hearing from club coaches its seems like the big 3 were the HHH GK (BC), the M&D kid (Clemson), and the CT kid. Would be interesting to see where it falls with the rest!
Goalies on average commit much later than outfield players. But even with that said, this goalie class isn't very strong. 2023 class was absolutely loaded with elite goalies. Alot of the top programs either already have someone established or have a top prospect in the pipeline so they have alot more to think about.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”