Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Re: Recruiting

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:42 am Was busy with my daughter’s recruiting. Glad that’s over. Still think AS is going to Clemson. Read here she is not. Idk. No one does.
Based on my daughter's rumor mill (no idea how accurate) Syracuse is out of the running, or believes it is. they have moved on to another round of attackers.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:14 pm
Relax77 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:42 am Was busy with my daughter’s recruiting. Glad that’s over. Still think AS is going to Clemson. Read here she is not. Idk. No one does.
Based on my daughter's rumor mill (no idea how accurate) Syracuse is out of the running, or believes it is. they have moved on to another round of attackers.
your daughter is probably more connected and closer to the actual source of information than all of us..what a huge bummer that would be for CUSE. with UNC's recent committments i'm inclined to believe she's bound to play for her dad
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:32 pm Surprised by BC's lack of action. They'll still get some top kids but a little odd 13 days in and nothing for a team that was in the national championship last year. Maybe the lack of playing time/developmemt got some of the recruits spooked? or is it BC's aggressive portal policy? Alot of these girls know eachother from HS and years of club lax so they talk amongs themselves. just curious
Their big recruiting weekend is this weekend. Would expect to see some commits early this week.
BC Football is hosting #3 Florida State at noon Saturday as Hurricane Lee hits New England. BC is a 3.5 touchdown underdog. Acacia may want to audible and just have the girls throw around in the indoor facility with Sam and Charlotte. Photos with the Tewaaraton trophies, tacos from Amelia's and maybe a few clandestine High Noons at the soggy tailgate. Doug Flutie can say hi to the dads at the football game, while the girls stay under the BC Lacrosse tent in the parking lot.
SpartansRule

Post by SpartansRule »

lax410 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:31 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:11 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 am
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:21 pm so far

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

i like what Dartmouth has put together so far. Hope Hapgood is very good. I watched lot of Darien games and her and Chloe Humphrey had great chemistry. She'll be joining her sister who will be a star for that team. Dartmouth has a little pipeline running through CT. Depending on how they do this season might have to consider them as a program to watch
Don't sleep on the Big Green. Alax Frank is one of the best young coaches around and they will be back after surviving the double whammy of Dani's poor recruiting + COVID. They return the complete starting line-up from last season this spring ... 2025 will be the breakthrough.
Agreed; really good coach, and deep, long-standing connections to the New England high school lacrosse marketplace. I think Dartmouth rights the ship before Princeton.
Agree.

What’s wrong with Princeton’s ship?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

SpartansRule wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:21 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

i like what Dartmouth has put together so far. Hope Hapgood is very good. I watched lot of Darien games and her and Chloe Humphrey had great chemistry. She'll be joining her sister who will be a star for that team. Dartmouth has a little pipeline running through CT. Depending on how they do this season might have to consider them as a program to watch
Don't sleep on the Big Green. Alax Frank is one of the best young coaches around and they will be back after surviving the double whammy of Dani's poor recruiting + COVID. They return the complete starting line-up from last season this spring ... 2025 will be the breakthrough.
Agreed; really good coach, and deep, long-standing connections to the New England high school lacrosse marketplace. I think Dartmouth rights the ship before Princeton.
Agree.

caught a rough draft and veered off course. Compass is spinning wildly. Large holes up and down the sails.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Went from 15-4 (2022) and 16-4 (2019) in their last two complete seasons to I think something like 7-9 last year, the first year after losing a legendary coach. I like the Ivies and like Princeton, a good many Tigers in my family. But there is some work to do to get back into the conversation. Just my not altogether informed opinion. Wish them the best.
SpartansRule

Post by SpartansRule »

Lol appreciate the insight!
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:28 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Went from 15-4 (2022) and 16-4 (2019) in their last two complete seasons to I think something like 7-9 last year, the first year after losing a legendary coach. I like the Ivies and like Princeton, a good many Tigers in my family. But there is some work to do to get back into the conversation. Just my not altogether informed opinion. Wish them the best.
Lost 2 2023 starters to the transfer/the portal. Not an everyday occurrence in the Ivies. Coaching change + COVID are disruptive to say the least.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:07 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:14 pm
your daughter is probably more connected and closer to the actual source of information than all of us..what a huge bummer that would be for CUSE. with UNC's recent committments i'm inclined to believe she's bound to play for her dad
Just send me the dollar already. She is def going to Clemson.
😁
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:06 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Lost 2 2023 starters to the transfer/the portal. Not an everyday occurrence in the Ivies. Coaching change + COVID are disruptive to say the least.
Yup.

Whenever coaching changes are announced in advance, it usually hurts multiple years of recruiting.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:11 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:12 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:32 pm Surprised by BC's lack of action. They'll still get some top kids but a little odd 13 days in and nothing for a team that was in the national championship last year. Maybe the lack of playing time/developmemt got some of the recruits spooked? or is it BC's aggressive portal policy? Alot of these girls know eachother from HS and years of club lax so they talk amongs themselves. just curious
Their big recruiting weekend is this weekend. Would expect to see some commits early this week.
BC Football is hosting #3 Florida State at noon Saturday as Hurricane Lee hits New England. BC is a 3.5 touchdown underdog. Acacia may want to audible and just have the girls throw around in the indoor facility with Sam and Charlotte. Photos with the Tewaaraton trophies, tacos from Amelia's and maybe a few clandestine High Noons at the soggy tailgate. Doug Flutie can say hi to the dads at the football game, while the girls stay under the BC Lacrosse tent in the parking lot.
Sounds like a killer recruiting visit--I hope they take your advice!
BCLax24

Post by BCLax24 »

It’s clear that you keep trying to push this narrative that BC has this “aggressive transfer policy”. After the loss of the big 3 in 2019 they brought in a couple of transfers for the 2020 Covid season (notably North and Rachel Hall.) Going into the 2021 national championship season they brought in no transfers. In 2022, they brought in one (Courtney Taylor.) Last season, they once again brought in zero transfers. Anyone looking at it objectively would conclude that this upcoming season is an outlier and not proof that BC is a transfer dependent program.

Also, they’re from from the only top program that’s bringing in transfers. Northwestern, Syracuse, UNC, Denver, Norte Dame, Florida, Maryland, Duke, Stony Brook, etc., are all brining in multiple transfers as well. Yet BC is the team you try to isolate as the transfer program.

You also keep trying to push this lack of player development narrative as well. The reality is that they had underclassmen contributors at every position last season despite having a very experienced team. As I’ve mentioned before, Davis was an all American at attack, Dolce was conference freshman of the year in net, Baker was a huge factor down the stretch as a defender/midfielder, and Herod was a solid option on the draw. That’s more play/development for younger players than we got from a good chunk of the other top programs, but again you falsely try pinpoint BC as a team that can’t cultivate talent.

As far as recruiting goes they’re obviously off to a slow start, but there’s still a ton of top players uncommitted, and I’m sure they’ll land their fair share of them.

It’s clear from your posts that you don’t care for Boston College lacrosse as a program, which is fine, but it’s also clear that you’re incredibly biased in your criticisms of them.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I would hesitate to say anyone is off to a slow start on just the 13th of September. Let these kids go on more than one visit and consider their options.

Nothing is set in stone until NLI is signed (and even then..nothing is set in stone forever).
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:30 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Yup.

Whenever coaching changes are announced in advance, it usually hurts multiple years of recruiting.
The only players that I know that they lost in the portal were grads who couldn’t play their final year of eligibility at Princeton? Unless you have specific names?
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:13 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Yup.

The only players that I know that they lost in the portal were grads who couldn’t play their final year of eligibility at Princeton? Unless you have specific names?
Not sure where they landed, but per Inside Lacrosse ellie mueller and Sam devito, both academic juniors in 2023, with 2 years of eligibility left (cancelled 2021 season) were in the portal.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

BCLax24 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:40 pm
It’s clear that you keep trying to push this narrative that BC has this “aggressive transfer policy”. After the loss of the big 3 in 2019 they brought in a couple of transfers for the 2020 Covid season (notably North and Rachel Hall.) Going into the 2021 national championship season they brought in no transfers. In 2022, they brought in one (Courtney Taylor.) Last season, they once again brought in zero transfers. Anyone looking at it objectively would conclude that this upcoming season is an outlier and not proof that BC is a transfer dependent program.

Also, they’re from from the only top program that’s bringing in transfers. Northwestern, Syracuse, UNC, Denver, Norte Dame, Florida, Maryland, Duke, Stony Brook, etc., are all brining in multiple transfers as well. Yet BC is the team you try to isolate as the transfer program.

You also keep trying to push this lack of player development narrative as well. The reality is that they had underclassmen contributors at every position last season despite having a very experienced team. As I’ve mentioned before, Davis was an all American at attack, Dolce was conference freshman of the year in net, Baker was a huge factor down the stretch as a defender/midfielder, and Herod was a solid option on the draw. That’s more play/development for younger players than we got from a good chunk of the other top programs, but again you falsely try pinpoint BC as a team that can’t cultivate talent.

As far as recruiting goes they’re obviously off to a slow start, but there’s still a ton of top players uncommitted, and I’m sure they’ll land their fair share of them.

It’s clear from your posts that you don’t care for Boston College lacrosse as a program, which is fine, but it’s also clear that you’re incredibly biased in your criticisms of them.
If you look at this poster's history, most of what they post is heavily criticizing any program that is close to UNC. Was MD last year before they declined, now moving on to BC.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:28 pm
laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:13 pm

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agree.

Yup.

Not sure where they landed, but per Inside Lacrosse ellie mueller and Sam devito, both academic juniors in 2023, with 2 years of eligibility left (cancelled 2021 season) were in the portal.
They are both 100% seniors at Princeton this year, they were in the portal for grad school next year. I think that’s a case of poor IL reporting :lol:
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Kiera Shwartz to Clemson
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

I am hearing Clemson is about to get another big one. Really big.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

suffolk wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:40 pm I am hearing Clemson is about to get another big one. Really big.
Does it rhyme with “Ballina”?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”