Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
NotFromMD

Re: Recruiting

Post by NotFromMD »

Stony Brook. I'm betting it all on Stony Brook :x . Will be fun to see if any of us actually have a clue about a kid that isn't ours. I wish her and all of the 2025 class so much success no matter where they land.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Where’s relax with the scoop?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

NotFromMD wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:46 pm Stony Brook. I'm betting it all on Stony Brook :x . Will be fun to see if any of us actually have a clue about a kid that isn't ours. I wish her and all of the 2025 class so much success no matter where they land.
Amen. Good luck to all the 2025’s……as they begin their JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

I look forward to potentially watching them in the spring of 2026 if they manage to get any playing time as frosh….
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:26 pm
NotFromMD wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:46 pm Stony Brook. I'm betting it all on Stony Brook :x . Will be fun to see if any of us actually have a clue about a kid that isn't ours. I wish her and all of the 2025 class so much success no matter where they land.
Amen. Good luck to all the 2025’s……as they begin their JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!!!!

I look forward to potentially watching them in the spring of 2026 if they manage to get any playing time as frosh….
That's the thing we tend to forget..although talented, many will see little to no playing time their freshmen year. The transition from Hs to college is not easy. Hopefully these coaches will be more patient and allow them to properly develop but the way things are going in the sport there is more pressure than ever before perform and perform fast or risk getting replaced by a transfer
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:43 pm

That's the thing we tend to forget..although talented, many will see little to no playing time their freshmen year. The transition from Hs to college is not easy. Hopefully these coaches will be more patient and allow them to properly develop but the way things are going in the sport there is more pressure than ever before perform and perform fast or risk getting replaced by a transfer
Player development is a two-way street.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:52 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Player development is a two-way street.
It's challenging at most top 50 programs, as it should be.

Something else that a lot of folks don't realize as well is that players from non-core lax regions tend to develop much faster in college, since they are often getting real coaching for the first time in their life.

Often a top recruit from LI or MD can get passed on the depth chart pretty quickly by a super athletic but lower tier recruit from California, Texas or Illinois who has never played at a high level before.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

so far

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

i like what Dartmouth has put together so far. Hope Hapgood is very good. I watched lot of Darien games and her and Chloe Humphrey had great chemistry. She'll be joining her sister who will be a star for that team. Dartmouth has a little pipeline running through CT. Depending on how they do this season might have to consider them as a program to watch
lax410

Post by lax410 »

NW just has the one right?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

lax410 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:41 pm NW just has the one right?
yes. Still expecting them to do great this cycle
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Gabby Lauretani to UNC :shock: :lol: i just woke up let me rest Levy !! This is the most insane run of committments i've ever seen. impressive stuff. UNC is jist picking off whoever they want everyone else will be left to battle
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:07 am Gabby Lauretani to UNC :shock: :lol: i just woke up let me rest Levy !! This is the most insane run of committments i've ever seen. impressive stuff. UNC is jist picking off whoever they want everyone else will be left to battle
They are on fire right now. Whats that put them at 6 commits? Wonder how many more they take?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

CnyLax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:06 am
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:07 am Gabby Lauretani to UNC :shock: :lol: i just woke up let me rest Levy !! This is the most insane run of committments i've ever seen. impressive stuff. UNC is jist picking off whoever they want everyone else will be left to battle
They are on fire right now. Whats that put them at 6 commits? Wonder how many more they take?
yep 6 committs right now. Typically they like taking 7-8 in a class. They'll probably only take one more, probably a defender. Have to think UNC is out of the Spallina sweepstakes..right..?? Too many elite attackers already. If they somehow still land Spallina i am calling for an investigation into the program !
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:21 pm so far

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

i like what Dartmouth has put together so far. Hope Hapgood is very good. I watched lot of Darien games and her and Chloe Humphrey had great chemistry. She'll be joining her sister who will be a star for that team. Dartmouth has a little pipeline running through CT. Depending on how they do this season might have to consider them as a program to watch
Don't sleep on the Big Green. Alax Frank is one of the best young coaches around and they will be back after surviving the double whammy of Dani's poor recruiting + COVID. They return the complete starting line-up from last season this spring ... 2025 will be the breakthrough.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:34 am
CnyLax wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:06 am
yep 6 committs right now. Typically they like taking 7-8 in a class. They'll probably only take one more, probably a defender. Have to think UNC is out of the Spallina sweepstakes..right..?? Too many elite attackers already. If they somehow still land Spallina i am calling for an investigation into the program !
Nobody pounds the pavement like coach P Barnes. Impressive, as usual.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

W&M has 4
https://laxnumbers.com/recruits.php?sho ... college-HL
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Was busy with my daughter’s recruiting. Glad that’s over. Still think AS is going to Clemson. Read here she is not. Idk. No one does.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 am

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Don't sleep on the Big Green. Alax Frank is one of the best young coaches around and they will be back after surviving the double whammy of Dani's poor recruiting + COVID. They return the complete starting line-up from last season this spring ... 2025 will be the breakthrough.
Agreed; really good coach, and deep, long-standing connections to the New England high school lacrosse marketplace. I think Dartmouth rights the ship before Princeton.
lax410

Post by lax410 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:11 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 am

UNC with 5 commits
CUSE with 2
Florida with 2
MD with 1
BC with 0
Dartmouth with 2
Clemson with 2
USC with 2
UVA with 2
W&M with 2

Agreed; really good coach, and deep, long-standing connections to the New England high school lacrosse marketplace. I think Dartmouth rights the ship before Princeton.
Agree.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Surprised by BC's lack of action. They'll still get some top kids but a little odd 13 days in and nothing for a team that was in the national championship last year. Maybe the lack of playing time/developmemt got some of the recruits spooked? or is it BC's aggressive portal policy? Alot of these girls know eachother from HS and years of club lax so they talk amongs themselves. just curious
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:32 pm Surprised by BC's lack of action. They'll still get some top kids but a little odd 13 days in and nothing for a team that was in the national championship last year. Maybe the lack of playing time/developmemt got some of the recruits spooked? or is it BC's aggressive portal policy? Alot of these girls know eachother from HS and years of club lax so they talk amongs themselves. just curious
Their big recruiting weekend is this weekend. Would expect to see some commits early this week.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”