Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:43 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:42 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:37 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:52 am NYC Mayor keeping it real: https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/ ... 94545?s=20

No problem right? Just raise taxes....right?

Coming from all over the globe now...
Maybe that wall was not such a bad idea....

The NYC mayor just told you "the wall" isn't doing doodly. Now what?
What wall? The one Biden is selling the parts off?
Uh-oh. Are you telling me Trump didn't build his wall? I thought voting for Trump and his R fixed all these immigration problems?

I was told that Trump arrested the 8 million illegal workers....including those he employed at his properties....and deported them.

Are these workers still here?
What rock have you been living under?
The one where we were told if we voted for Trump, he'd fix these things, and more.

Yet you want to hit Biden for.....what, exactly? Doing the same sh(t job that Trump did in fixing these problems?
So what I think your saying is that neither party could give 2 chits about solving the problem at the southern border. Republicans like slave labor and Democrats love grooming new Democrats. It winds up being a win/win for both parties. It may be broken but why fix it if it works for you?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:04 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:52 am NYC Mayor keeping it real: https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/ ... 94545?s=20

Uh-oh. Are you telling me Trump didn't build his wall? I thought voting for Trump and his R fixed all these immigration problems?

I was told that Trump arrested the 8 million illegal workers....including those he employed at his properties....and deported them.

The one where we were told if we voted for Trump, he'd fix these things, and more.

Yet you want to hit Biden for.....what, exactly? Doing the same sh(t job that Trump did in fixing these problems?
So what I think your saying is that neither party could give 2 chits about solving the problem at the southern border. Republicans like slave labor and Democrats love grooming new Democrats. It winds up being a win/win for both parties. It may be broken but why fix it if it works for you?
I'm saying that both Dems and R's serve the 1%ers, and the 1%ers are who benefits from Status quo. Trump was DIRECTLY hiring illegal workers at Mar a Lago. That tells you all you need to know about why this problem will never be fixed, so long as Republican voters don't hold their POTUS and Congress accountable for actually fix the problem. Same for Dems. The only difference is that Dem voters don't really care about this issue.

YA and others gave Trump a pass for not fulfilling his campaign promise...this was his MAIN PLANK. He did (drumroll) nothing about immigration reform. But sure, Biden is bad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:01 pm

My original post did not mention trump or biden....why do you constantly bring up Trump? My post was about protecting our border....and agreeing with NYC Mayor.
:lol: I brought up the wall AFTER you brought it up.

I brought up Trump AFTER you brought up Biden.

Returning fire, same as it ever was, YA. Don't like it? Don't be the first to shoot. Simple. ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:28 pm

My original post did not mention trump or biden....why do you constantly bring up Trump? My post was about protecting our border....and agreeing with NYC Mayor.

Returning fire, same as it ever was, YA. Don't like it? Don't be the first to shoot. Simple. ;)
Victim mentality….
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I mentioned the wall because it’s clear we don’t have an effective one. And you and the NYC mayor claim that we actually have one.

Which is why I replied ‘what wall’. And provided comment the Biden is intentionally shoving it in our face that we are not going to have one.

It’s rather unfortunate you make so many assumptions in your thought process to believe you are so certain what others are thinking.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 pm

I mentioned the wall because it’s clear we don’t have an effective one. And you and the NYC mayor claim that we actually have one.

Which is why I replied ‘what wall’. And provided comment the Biden is intentionally shoving it in our face that we are not going to have one.

It’s rather unfortunate you make so many assumptions in your thought process to believe you are so certain what others are thinking.
Familiar with this and other analyses of the unauthorized population in the US? Heard of “overstays”? Might help if we had a shared basis for this conversation. As it stands, your emphasis on a “wall,” unless meant metaphorically, seems shortsighted and incomplete.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R47218
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nope. "The wall has NOTHING to do with what he's talking about". You had your chance to build one that YOU thought was important. What happened? Oh, that's right, you 'forgot" to build it, and hold your party accountable for this thing you think is so important that you elected Trump to do it.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 pm Which is why I replied ‘what wall’. And provided comment the Biden is intentionally shoving it in our face that we are not going to have one.
That's right. He doesn't believe in one. YOU do. So do your fellow Republicans. So why the F are you blaming him for not doing what you wanted?

This isn't an issue for National Dems. They're getting paid keep the mess going, same as your buddies in the Republican party. NYC ain't the only city getting migrants, my man. You just have your "endwokeness" media feed telling you that, shocker, Dems are bad.

Your party ran on fixing this problem. You didn't bother passing one single immigration reform bill. You didn't hold businesses accountable, as was promised. And we have 8 million+ illegal workers in the US while you guys refuse to hold Republicans accountable for fixing this issue that YOU think is important.

But sure, Biden is bad. In other breaking news, water is wet. ;)

What's keeping your Republicans in Congress from flooring a reasonable bill fixing some of these issues, YA? Too busy dealing with the "much more important" TeamTinfFoil Hunter Biden stuff?
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 pm It’s rather unfortunate you make so many assumptions in your thought process to believe you are so certain what others are thinking.
Post more clearly. I am done taking the blame for other posters who think that we need to read minds, and if we don't read your mind, we're bad people.

Three choices:

1. write more clearly and take the blame for unclear posts "I'm sorry, i wasn't clear, let me rephrase". Easy to do....why don't you do that?
2. stop blaming others when you aren't clear
3. relax, and understand that this isn't a grad school seminar, and misinterpretations are bound to happen---and revert to #2. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:12 pm Familiar with this and other analyses of the unauthorized population in the US? Heard of “overstays”? Might help if we had a shared basis for this conversation. As it stands, your emphasis on a “wall,” unless meant metaphorically, seems shortsighted and incomplete.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R47218
The wall is stupid. But as I said at the time Trump was in office: shut up and build the thing so that we can move the F on, and actually address the real issues like adults.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:17 pm

Nope. "The wall has NOTHING to do with what he's talking about". You had your chance to build one that YOU thought was important. What happened? Oh, that's right, you 'forgot" to build it, and hold your party accountable for this thing you think is so important that you elected Trump to do it.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 pm Which is why I replied ‘what wall’. And provided comment the Biden is intentionally shoving it in our face that we are not going to have one.
That's right. He doesn't believe in one. YOU do. So do your fellow Republicans. So why the F are you blaming him for not doing what you wanted?

This isn't an issue for National Dems. They're getting paid keep the mess going, same as your buddies in the Republican party. NYC ain't the only city getting migrants, my man. You just have your "endwokeness" media feed telling you that, shocker, Dems are bad.

Your party ran on fixing this problem. You didn't bother passing one single immigration reform bill. You didn't hold businesses accountable, as was promised. And we have 8 million+ illegal workers in the US while you guys refuse to hold Republicans accountable for fixing this issue that YOU think is important.

But sure, Biden is bad. In other breaking news, water is wet. ;)

What's keeping your Republicans in Congress from flooring a reasonable bill fixing some of these issues, YA? Too busy dealing with the "much more important" TeamTinfFoil Hunter Biden stuff?
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:54 pm It’s rather unfortunate you make so many assumptions in your thought process to believe you are so certain what others are thinking.
Post more clearly. I am done taking the blame for other posters who think that we need to read minds, and if we don't read your mind, we're bad people.

Three choices:

1. write more clearly and take the blame for unclear posts "I'm sorry, i wasn't clear, let me rephrase". Easy to do....why don't you do that?
2. stop blaming others when you aren't clear
3. relax, and understand that this isn't a grad school seminar, and misinterpretations are bound to happen---and revert to #2. ;)
No need to be a mind reader, just ask a question for clarification, rather than making an assumption. My back and forth with MD yesterday is a prime example of how it can go.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:47 pm
No need to be a mind reader, just ask a question for clarification, rather than making an assumption. My back and forth with MD yesterday is a prime example of how it can go.
Tried that. What happens is: you ask questions, and they get ignored. The same posters who complain about us not being mind readers don't answer questions, either. It's a swell and fun game where I'm the bad guy no matter what.

Any other ideas? How about the #1-#3, and take some of this on yourself? ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:52 pm
Tried that. What happens is: you ask questions, and they get ignored. The same posters who complain about us not being mind readers don't answer questions, either. It's a swell and fun game where I'm the bad guy no matter what.

I'd be more than happy to restate/rephrase something....all I need is a prompt, otherwise I have to believe it was clear and the convo has now moved to a defensive posture.....those Debate Tactics in action.

Another idea, one that we could all benefit from here and at home, is some type of mirroring like "what I hear you saying is X, and if so, I believe Y". I am reminded of some great insight back in February of 22'...I think you'll agree.... ;) viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3158&p=326407&hili ... um#p326407

I believe we have all been chatting with one another for so long, that we read many posts halfcocked because we already have a preconceived notion of where they stand before we even finish reading. For example, whenever I read a post by OS, I think... military background, strategic mindset, historical recall, problem solving, etc. Or when I read MDLAX....I think, old school conservative, frustrated by his party, trying to hang on, but identifying more and more with the opposition, and with you.....I think, sees through political BS smoke and mirrors, frustrated at the fiscal lunacy, hates double speak, and wishes he had a party to truly identify with...so he's mad at them all.
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm

I'd be more than happy to restate/rephrase something....all I need is a prompt, otherwise I have to believe it was clear and the convo has now moved to a defensive posture.....those Debate Tactics in action.

Another idea, one that we could all benefit from here and at home, is some type of mirroring like "what I hear you saying is X, and if so, I believe Y". I am reminded of some great insight back in February of 22'...I think you'll agree.... ;)

I believe we have all been chatting with one another for so long, that we read many posts halfcocked because we already have a preconceived notion of where they stand before we even finish reading. For example, whenever I read a post by OS, I think... military background, strategic mindset, historical recall, problem solving, etc. Or when I read MDLAX....I think, old school conservative, frustrated by his party, trying to hang on, but identifying more and more with the opposition, and with you.....I think, sees through political BS smoke and mirrors, frustrated at the fiscal lunacy, hates double speak, and wishes he had a party to truly identify with...so he's mad at them all.
What do we do about reducing demand for drugs in this country? How do we hold US Citizens accountable for the high degree of drug trafficking in this country?
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:04 pm

Another idea, one that we could all benefit from here and at home, is some type of mirroring like "what I hear you saying is X, and if so, I believe Y". I am reminded of some great insight back in February of 22'...I think you'll agree.... ;)

What do we do about reducing demand for drugs in this country? How do we hold US Citizens accountable for the high degree of drug trafficking in this country?
Great. How do we do that? Why do so many seek surcease from “reality”? Are tobacco and alcohol rhe only two doors of perception that are acceptable? How about psychedelics?1
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

1. Apollo program for Mental Health care......move things back to where they were before Reagan tore that all apart, and then some.

2. Treat Americas suburbs the same way illegal drug users are treated in America's more dangerous cities----if you start seeing your hip classmates shipped off to Federal prison, the message will be recieved REAL fast.

Picture "the Wire" police treatment....except instead of raiding projects in Bmore, you're raiding St. Pauls et. al. Six figure parents will figure it out REAL quick if their "ladies who lunch" circle gets smaller becauise of all the drug busts. We had 1,200 Fenatyl deaths in Colorado in 2021, with richie-rich Boulder getting hit hard.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:35 pm

1. Apollo program for Mental Health care......move things back to where they were before Reagan tore that all apart, and then some.

2. Treat Americas suburbs the same way illegal drug users are treated in America's more dangerous cities----if you start seeing your hip classmates shipped off to Federal prison, the message will be recieved REAL fast.

Picture "the Wire" police treatment....except instead of raiding projects in Bmore, you're raiding St. Pauls et. al. Six figure parents will figure it out REAL quick if their "ladies who lunch" circle gets smaller becauise of all the drug busts. We had 1,200 Fenatyl deaths in Colorado in 2021, with richie-rich Boulder getting hit hard.
Prohibition redux? How’d that work out? Besides creating some new millionaires and criminalizing a broad swath of entrepreneurial young men? Oh, wait, I think I’ve seen this movie already…
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Some details we discussed yesterday with MDlax.

In short, combat it from both ends....with a concerted humanitarian medical support method and strong border control front to stop the influx. It's not just 'reducing demand", I believe it is equally, if not more important to reduce the supply. That causes the price to skyrocket, the addicts are then challenged with a decision....and the humanitarian support is the balanced approach. Make it well known this is coming to a place near you.

We can also use the last year of our exiting military personnel to help them transition into civilian life (which is currently another problem) by having them work with our US Marshall / DEA / Custom and Boarder control / in a concerted effort on the borders in all facets needed. And while we are treating the drug addicts in facilities to help them recover, they can also support those efforts in security, leadership training, discipline, physical fitness, etc; it takes a village.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:13 pm

Some details we discussed yesterday with MDlax.

In short, combat it from both ends....with a concerted humanitarian medical support method and strong border control front to stop the influx. It's not just 'reducing demand", I believe it is equally, if not more important to reduce the supply. That causes the price to skyrocket, the addicts are then challenged with a decision....and the humanitarian support is the balanced approach. Make it well known this is coming to a place near you.

We can also use the last year of our exiting military personnel to help them transition into civilian life (which is currently another problem) by having them work with our US Marshall / DEA / Custom and Boarder control / in a concerted effort on the borders in all facets needed. And while we are treating the drug addicts in facilities to help them recover, they can also support those efforts in security, leadership training, discipline, physical fitness, etc; it takes a village.
It would be a lot less expensive to reduce demand and it would probably generate a societal return with more productive citizens. As demand falls, the price will come down and the economic incentive for traffickers will be reduced. It’s American demand for product that’s the problem. Big ROI for suppliers. Personal responsibility would go a long way to reduce the problem. Once we reduce demand, choking off the remnants of supply will be much easier and less expensive.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:40 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:35 pm

Prohibition redux? How’d that work out? Besides creating some new millionaires and criminalizing a broad swath of entrepreneurial young men? Oh, wait, I think I’ve seen this movie already…
Disagree. What we are doing NOW is Prohibition Pt.II electric boogaloo: these drugs are illegal, and policing goes after the poor and the dealers. They leave everyone with money and connections completely alone....just like in the 20's.

Unless a rich kid is caught as a major dealer. And even then......

My two suggestions will NEVER happen, so pay it no mind.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Sounds like Trump and the R's will need a new sales pitch....

One sector of the northern border between the U.S. and Canada has seen more migrant apprehensions in FY 2023 so far than the last 10 years combined, with migrants from 76 countries hitting the often-overlooked border, a top official announced this week.

"Over 6,100 apprehensions from 76 different countries in just 11 months, surpassing the last 10 years combined," Swanton Sector Chief Patrol Agent Robert Garcia tweeted.

The sector, which covers the borders of New York, New Hampshire and Vermont with Canada, saw just over 1,000 Border Patrol apprehensions in all of FY 2022, and just 365 in FY 2021.

Gonna build a wall there, too? Or are the R's going to get off their *sses, and put a Immigration Reform bill on the floor, and actually do something about the REAL problems?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/northe ... s-combined
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:05 pm Sounds like Trump and the R's will need a new sales pitch....

One sector of the northern border between the U.S. and Canada has seen more migrant apprehensions in FY 2023 so far than the last 10 years combined, with migrants from 76 countries hitting the often-overlooked border, a top official announced this week.

"Over 6,100 apprehensions from 76 different countries in just 11 months, surpassing the last 10 years combined," Swanton Sector Chief Patrol Agent Robert Garcia tweeted.

The sector, which covers the borders of New York, New Hampshire and Vermont with Canada, saw just over 1,000 Border Patrol apprehensions in all of FY 2022, and just 365 in FY 2021.

Gonna build a wall there, too? Or are the R's going to get off their *sses, and put a Immigration Reform bill on the floor, and actually do something about the REAL problems?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/northe ... s-combined
Those numbers are still just a fraction of our southern border crossings, exacerbated by shifting CBP resources to the southern border.

Return to “POLITICS”