All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

admin
Site Admin

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by admin »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:30 pm You sir, are a...
No personal attacks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youth was just putting it out there... :roll: ;)
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 pm I know better than to reply in kind to the disaffected ultra right winger. Post reported.
I am not a disaffected right winger. You know nothing about me. I know you are a wacky lib tho.

And good job reporting the post jerk.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ reported
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:46 pm^ reported
well, you gotta admit to the "wacky lib" part, though... ;)

ugh, I have Covid yet again...started feeling badly Monday evening, having driven my 86 year old mother to Hopkins that afternoon to get the results of a scan to see whether immunotherapy was working or not against her metastasized colon cancer...great news, cancer is actually shrinking. She'd had a huge mass removed this spring and then it spread. The upside was that she became eligible for immunotherapy instead of chemo...no side effects with Keytruda...3 doses 3 weeks apart...and low and behold the cancer is shrinking and no new locations.

But here I was riding in a car for an hour, with my sister too, all breathing my air. Undoubtedly in earliest stages of infectiousness.

Felt miserable over night, head cold, headaches, etc...took test Tuesday, came up negative...stayed separate from family anyway; my wife and son were still up north, came back Wednesday...was feeling better that day...but had a bad night and took test again...sure enough, positive.

Gonna try Paxlovid, fingers crossed it helps accelerate recovery as last time was a good week of miserable. Everybody wearing masks, I'm isolated pretty well.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 pm

ugh, I have Covid yet again...started feeling badly Monday evening, having driven my 86 year old mother to Hopkins that afternoon to get the results of a scan to see whether immunotherapy was working or not against her metastasized colon cancer...great news, cancer is actually shrinking. She'd had a huge mass removed this spring and then it spread. The upside was that she became eligible for immunotherapy instead of chemo...no side effects with Keytruda...3 doses 3 weeks apart...and low and behold the cancer is shrinking and no new locations.

But here I was riding in a car for an hour, with my sister, all breathing my air. Undoubtedly in earliest stages of infectiousness.

Felt miserable over night, head cold, headaches, etc...took test Tuesday, came up negative...stayed separate from family anyway; my wife and son were still up north, came back Wednesday...was feeling better that day...but had a bad night and took test again...sure enough, positive.

Gonna try Paxlovid, fingers crossed it helps accelerate recovery as last time was a good week of miserable. Everybody wearing masks, I'm isolated pretty well.
Hope you feel better soon.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

But here I was riding in a car for an hour, with my sister, all breathing my air. Undoubtedly in earliest stages of infectiousness.

Current variant picking up. It’s reported to be similar to Omicron. Rest, fluids and paxlovid if your doctor recommends it. Get better soon!
“I wish you would!”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:40 pm ... jerk.
No Personal attacks. Penalty.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ugh, I have Covid yet again...

In the past I've been accused of hyperbole and instigation with 3 or 4 right wingers engaging in their gang up attacks. Those same critics are silent today despite the personal attacks made against me. No surprise actually.

As for the illness, I could say "God punishes". But no, I won't say that since I've forgiven you for your past indiscretions. 😇 So, I say get better soon.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks to all.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:18 am Thanks to all.
Feel well, my friend. This stuff did wonders for me last year:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

But here I was riding in a car for an hour, with my sister too, all breathing my air. Undoubtedly in earliest stages of infectiousness.

... you sure you don't want to try some Ivermectin? Some guys on the internet swear by it.

In any case, feel better.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Feel better, guy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:06 pm
Feel better, guy.
Thanks. I dunno whether it's the paxlovid or just getting better anyway, but much better yesterday (one night of paxlovid) and today.
Hopefully I didn't infect the rest of the family.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It's here ...

NYC COVID Cases Spike As New 'Pirola' Variant Arrives: What To Know
The city saw COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge 200 percent even before officials detected the new BA.2.86 variant this past week.

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-cit ... -what-know

An unwelcome new coronavirus variant has arrived in New York City amid a concerning, weeks-long spike in cases and hospitalizations, data shows.

The BA.2.86 variant unofficially nicknamed "Pirola" has been detected in New York City's sewage, said Ashwin Vasan, the city's health commissioner, this past week.

"While we have yet to find it in a specimen from a local resident, it is almost certainly circulating here," he said in a statement.

The detection comes at a precarious time for New Yorkers.

Summer is wrapping up and students are poised to return to school — events that have coincided with past COVID-19 spikes.

And the city is already in the midst of a weeks-long viral surge.

Daily average COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations jumped 227 percent and 270 percent, respectively, since July 1 after long remaining flat at low levels, data shows.

How the "Pirola" variant will impact the city remains to be seen.

The BA.2.86 variant was first detected late July in Denmark and appeared in the U.S., according to Yale Medicine. Those cases weren't directly linked, indicating the variant is circulating more widely than can be detected by the decreased COVID-19 surveillance in New York City and elsewhere, the report states.

Experts have also raised concerns over BA.2.86 because it's the most genetically different strain seen since the original Omicron variant, said state health Commissioner James McDonald.

"These significant changes are important to note as mutations may allow the virus to evade prior immunity," he said in a statement.

For now, experts don't yet know how transmissible it is or whether it causes more severe infection.

They recommend using the same prevention methods as before: masking, handwashing and vaccination.

An updated COVID-19 vaccine should be available in the coming weeks, and New Yorkers should get it, Vasan said.

"Studies are still evaluating the new booster for its effectiveness against the BA.2.86 variant, but indicators suggest it will be effective at preventing severe illness and death," he said in a statement. "That’s why it’s especially important that New Yorkers that are most vulnerable get the new booster when it's available."

Hopefully, a solution to this nightmare will be found real soon. Stay well, please ...

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:26 am It's here ...

NYC COVID Cases Spike As New 'Pirola' Variant Arrives: What To Know
The city saw COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations surge 200 percent even before officials detected the new BA.2.86 variant this past week.

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-cit ... -what-know

An unwelcome new coronavirus variant has arrived in New York City amid a concerning, weeks-long spike in cases and hospitalizations, data shows.

The BA.2.86 variant unofficially nicknamed "Pirola" has been detected in New York City's sewage, said Ashwin Vasan, the city's health commissioner, this past week.

"While we have yet to find it in a specimen from a local resident, it is almost certainly circulating here," he said in a statement.

The detection comes at a precarious time for New Yorkers.

Summer is wrapping up and students are poised to return to school — events that have coincided with past COVID-19 spikes.

And the city is already in the midst of a weeks-long viral surge.

Daily average COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations jumped 227 percent and 270 percent, respectively, since July 1 after long remaining flat at low levels, data shows.

How the "Pirola" variant will impact the city remains to be seen.

The BA.2.86 variant was first detected late July in Denmark and appeared in the U.S., according to Yale Medicine. Those cases weren't directly linked, indicating the variant is circulating more widely than can be detected by the decreased COVID-19 surveillance in New York City and elsewhere, the report states.

Experts have also raised concerns over BA.2.86 because it's the most genetically different strain seen since the original Omicron variant, said state health Commissioner James McDonald.

"These significant changes are important to note as mutations may allow the virus to evade prior immunity," he said in a statement.

For now, experts don't yet know how transmissible it is or whether it causes more severe infection.

They recommend using the same prevention methods as before: masking, handwashing and vaccination.

An updated COVID-19 vaccine should be available in the coming weeks, and New Yorkers should get it, Vasan said.

"Studies are still evaluating the new booster for its effectiveness against the BA.2.86 variant, but indicators suggest it will be effective at preventing severe illness and death," he said in a statement. "That’s why it’s especially important that New Yorkers that are most vulnerable get the new booster when it's available."

Hopefully, a solution to this nightmare will be found real soon. Stay well, please ...
"...patch..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

where 100 'journalists" cover 1200 "local" towns and cities :roll: :roll:

Un F ing believable........more sales "infotainment" for the folks pushing donald j. tRumps fake vaccine. bunch of clowns.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:32 pm Un F ing believable........more sales "infotainment" for the folks pushing donald j. tRumps fake vaccine. bunch of clowns.
Yawn. Your continued position that to be either successful or correctly named vaccines must be 100% effective always has been, continues to be, and always will be, BORING. And wrong.

But you be you, fatty.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:32 pm
"...patch..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

where 100 'journalists" cover 1200 "local" towns and cities :roll: :roll:

Un F ing believable........more sales "infotainment" for the folks pushing donald j. tRumps fake vaccine. bunch of clowns.

If the vax is "fake" how do you explain the drastic drop in fatalities once it got developed and distributed?

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

How do you trust science, when the leading science representative lies? https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/stat ... 12691?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:22 pm How do you trust science, when the leading science representative lies? https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/stat ... 12691?s=20

Lies?

You mean like, "it's no worse than a cold", "everything is under control", "it will soon go away" ??

Many believed in those claims and are now dead for doing so. At least those who took the vax are still alive for the most part.

Return to “POLITICS”