Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Recruiting

Post by DMac »

Laxmaxdax wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:35 am Dude you are such a tool. No one cares about this stuff. You have too much free time. Please post this in a different forum that is not recruiting related - this one is about current girls. No one wants to look at data. They just want a place to vent.
Welcome aboard, nice entrance.
Some suggested reading for you.
Enjoy.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Laxmaxdax wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:35 am
jff97 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:09 pm I know there are bigger things going on, but I'm back with my list for the 2021 top 100. This was the first class where almost all committed under the new recruiting rules, but then COVID happened so their last two years of HS lacrosse changed dramatically. Someone asked earlier why don't I wait until a class is near the end of their eligibility, but I like to see how things change from year to year. Plus, if someone on here sees how hard it is to play early on, maybe they'll be less likely to call a kid a bust. Anyway, here's how the 2021 class stacks up so far with some takeaways at the bottom.
Multi-time AA: Emma LoPinto, #4, Florida
AA: Samantha White, #8, Northwestern
Rachel Clark, #10, Virginia
McKenna Davis, #18, Boston College
Samantha Smith, #23, Northwestern
Georgia Latch, OTR, Loyola
Brooklyn Walker-Welch, OTR, North Carolina
All-Conference: McKenzie Blake, #7, Princeton
Chase Boyle, #13, Loyola
Emily Messinese, #22, Navy
Fallon Vaughn, #31, Yale
Annabel Frist, #48, Stanford
Ellie Hollin, OTR, Penn State
Lauren Spence, OTR, Loyola
Multi-year starter: Ashley Bowan, OTR, Penn State
Madison Karpe, OTR, Rutgers
Taylor McClain, OTR, Bucknell
Starter: Kennedy Major, #9, Maryland
Paris Colgain, #14 Johns Hopkins
Grace Weigand, #15 Notre Dame
Natasha Gorriaran, #20, Penn
Emily Lamparter, #21, Maryland/Clemson*
Alexis Niblock, #28, USC
Jade Catlin, #39, UMass Lowell (VT Commit)
Brooke Hoss, #40, Penn State
Reilly Traynor, #43, Duke
Olivia Adamson, #46, Syracuse
Kendall Belanger, OTR, USC/Colgate*
Julia Carr, OTR, Notre Dame
Blair Guy, OTR, Virginia Tech
Alecia Nicholas, OTR, North Carolina
Lily Osborne, OTR, Loyola
Maley Starr, OTR, Georgetown
Contributor: Mallory Hasselbeck, #1, Boston College
Maddigan Miller, #6, Stanford
Nina Montes, #11, Princeton
Christina Gagnon, #12, USC
Kerry Nease, #16, Duke
Jordyn Lipkin, #17, Maryland
Leah Warehime, #25, Georgetown
Kylie Gelabert, #29, Cornell
Celeste Forte, #30, Florida
Kate Miller, #33, Virginia
Maddie Dora, #35, USC
Kennedy Everson, #36, Duke
Abby Jansen, #41, Virginia
Caitlin McElwee, #42, James Madison
Mattie Shearer, #44, Duke
Brynn Ammerman, OTR, Ohio State
Carly Bernstein, OTR, Duke
Emerson Bohlig, OTR, Northwestern
Sophia Brindisi, OTR, Stanford
Alayna Costa, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Serafina DeMunno, OTR, Northwestern
Elyse Finnelle, OTR, Florida
Alex Hopkins, OTR, Yale
Mikaila Kitchen, OTR, Georgetown
Paige Lipman, OTR, Penn
Grace Muldoon, OTR, Richmond
Quinlan O’Brien, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Mackenzie Rich, OTR, North Carolina
Julia Schwabe, OTR, Michigan
Amanda Sudnik, OTR, Harvard
Alexa Waters, OTR, Florida
Some takeaways:
-A lot more kids on here after their sophomore year. This class after its freshman year had just one AA, five all-conference players, 13 starters and 38 contributors. After sophomore year its up to 7 AAs, 14 all-conference players, 33 starters and 61 contributors
-Two On the Rise players (#51-100 listed in alphabetical order) have already been named AAs from this class. The 2018 class and 2020 class have only had one.
-Hard to declare a best class after two years, but I like what Northwestern has gotten out of this group so far. Two AAs in White and Smith, and I'm sure Bohlig will be in one of the higher tiers before the end of her career. I know there's this theory that Northwestern recruits athletes before lacrosse players, but they still recruit at a very high level. If you're playing lacrosse at Northwestern, you're probably really good at lacrosse too.
-Also really impressed with Loyola too. All four of their top 100 players from this class have reached the "starter" category, which means the Greyhounds are hitting on their top recruits.
-Only 2 players in the top 100 transferred after their freshman year, but that number will go up by a good bit after some of the moves this summer
-And to everyone who was looking forward to 9/1 for a while, hope the recruiting process goes well for all of you. I look forward to the annual tradition on here of ONW getting mad about Maryland posting on its own social media accounts about the program history because they're trying to show off to potential commits.

Dude you are such a tool. No one cares about this stuff. You have too much free time. Please post this in a different forum that is not recruiting related - this one is about current girls. No one wants to look at data. They just want a place to vent.
Is this what is known as “projecting”?

No one should care that you don’t care. Use the remote.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Hearing a big recruiting weekend for Michigan next weekend.

My daughter personally knows at least 5 girls who will be going -- all top rated girls, many of whom you would assume are going to big 4 schools.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Chance to see a game in the Big House. Who could turn that down?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:24 pm Chance to see a game in the Big House. Who could turn that down?
good point. But I assume most of these girls probably also had offers to visit UNC, MD, NW, BC the same weekend.

And the Big House against a bad non-conference team is a HORRIBLE atmosphere. Believe the lack of energy isn't gaining any recruits.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:15 pm Hearing a big recruiting weekend for Michigan next weekend.

My daughter personally knows at least 5 girls who will be going -- all top rated girls, many of whom you would assume are going to big 4 schools.
Can’t wait.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 pm
But I assume most of these girls probably also had offers to visit UNC, MD, NW, BC the same weekend.
I personally would avoid going to NU football games this year. They’re going to suck.😢
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:15 pm Hearing a big recruiting weekend for Michigan next weekend.

Michigan football is known to be a big draw for girls who committ there. Michigan has been doing well the past few cycles in recruiting. They've landed a few top 25 girls so it wouldn't surprise me if they land a couple more. But i don't think they have the juice to land the big fish just yet (top 10). Then again i didn't think Clemson had that kind of juice and they landed a top 5 girl year 1 so who knows.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Michigan got a great 2024 class filled with top rated players. Won’t be surprised at all if they do it again this year. Heard they’re taking a much smaller class of 2025s tho
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Northwestern’s first commit is from Oregon.
MM1980

Post by MM1980 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:51 am
Laxdad126 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:34 am I think there are number of good 2025 girls that perhaps have not gone to all the "name recognition" events. Laurentani is good but there are also some equally talented 2025's in CT. Patterson, Hapgood, Tully, Roth, Winkler to name a few.
My daughter also said there is a attacker girl from Oregon from a club no-one has ever heard of who is "definitely top 5" in this class.
She just committed to Northwestern
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

And now we start rolling with a few. Liberty girl just went to Florida.
SoCal

Post by SoCal »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:05 pm And now we start rolling with a few. Liberty girl just went to Florida.
I thought the Liberty player who recently committed to Florida was a 2024 (originally committed to Colgate).
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

SoCal wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:17 pm
Relax77 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:05 pm And now we start rolling with a few. Liberty girl just went to Florida.
I thought the Liberty player who recently committed to Florida was a 2024 (originally committed to Colgate).
It may have been. I assumed 2025.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

MM1980 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Laxdad126 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:34 am I think there are number of good 2025 girls that perhaps have not gone to all the "name recognition" events. Laurentani is good but there are also some equally talented 2025's in CT. Patterson, Hapgood, Tully, Roth, Winkler to name a few.
My daughter also said there is a attacker girl from Oregon from a club no-one has ever heard of who is "definitely top 5" in this class.
So interesting that there was somebody totally off the radar who was the first commit of the reigning national champions.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

SoCal wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:17 pm
She is definitely a '24 who switched commitments. Duffy from Queensbury who committed 8/31 is also a 24 who is listed in a few spots as a 25.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

IL revealed 20 more players they deemed 5 star recruits. Interesting that this year and last year Syracuse has been the quickest team out of the gates with multiple 5 star commitments. Still think they land Spallina but the longer this goes..the higher the likely hood she might actually go somewhere else.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

lacrossemwj wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:49 pm
So interesting that there was somebody totally off the radar who was the first commit of the reigning national champions.
Is it really, though? KAH is known for taking unheralded players--or, in the case of the Koesters, athletes who had never even played lacrosse--and turning them into stars. According to stories, even Kristen Kjellman was barely recruited to play Division I lacrosse.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:33 pm IL revealed 20 more players they deemed 5 star recruits. Interesting that this year and last year Syracuse has been the quickest team out of the gates with multiple 5 star commitments. Still think they land Spallina but the longer this goes..the higher the likely hood she might actually go somewhere else.
I still think it’s Clemson. They offered her a full ride. She’s gonna take it.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

ultravisitor wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:26 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:49 pm
Is it really, though? KAH is known for taking unheralded players--or, in the case of the Koesters, athletes who had never even played lacrosse--and turning them into stars. According to stories, even Kristen Kjellman was barely recruited to play Division I lacrosse.
If your daughter has ever been to one of KAH's camps, they have likely heard her say something like, "I don't want a player who has played on the #1 team in the nation since she was 11. I want someone who is hungry."

Almost none of the top NW players played for a typical top-10 club. And the ones they have who did (Sammy White) only played with that club for only a couple years.

And anyone who has been on the 25 showcase circuit know she wasn't "off the radar". Between her and another girl on Oregon Pride who will likely go top 20, Oregon Pride had 40 coaches per game at Presidents Cup last year.
Last edited by LaxDadMax on Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”