Best overall girls youth stick

Youth and Club Lacrosse
WLaxdad

Best overall girls youth stick

Post by WLaxdad »

My daughter uses the STX Crux 100 that we bought used from Ebay. She's been playing since kindergarten now going into U12 starting this winter. She's been playing for awhile so I'm ready to get her the best stick possible but I don't just want to get some super advanced stick that might be counterproductive since she's still little.

Any suggestions? Sounds bad but money isn't an issue since she'll be using it for years. Even though she's young she's not a beginner and is quite good at the fundamentals, but I'm not sure if buying her the latest Izzy Scane stick is going to help or hurt. Also, at this age the coaches move them around so a position specific stick might not be the best although they tend to put her on attack or middie.
Mike75

Re: Best overall girls youth stick

Post by Mike75 »

Gait is all the rage here in CT, and also up and down the rest of the east coast from what I saw at tournaments this summer. My daughter who plays attack has the Whip and raves about it - says its almost like using a boy's stick. She tried the Air and did not like it. Other daughter is a middie and uses the Apex - came from the original Crux (she got her money's worth). Both have the flex mesh, which seems to me to be what makes the Gait heads so popular. Honestly hard to go wrong with either one.

STX also has its version of flex mesh (forget what its called) and I saw a lot of Crux and Exult Pros with that pocket. But have no first hand experience with it.
WLaxdad

Re: Best overall girls youth stick

Post by WLaxdad »

Mike75 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:03 pm Gait is all the rage here in CT, and also up and down the rest of the east coast from what I saw at tournaments this summer. My daughter who plays attack has the Whip and raves about it - says its almost like using a boy's stick. She tried the Air and did not like it. Other daughter is a middie and uses the Apex - came from the original Crux (she got her money's worth). Both have the flex mesh, which seems to me to be what makes the Gait heads so popular. Honestly hard to go wrong with either one.

STX also has its version of flex mesh (forget what its called) and I saw a lot of Crux and Exult Pros with that pocket. But have no first hand experience with it.
I'm worried something like the whip might be a little too much at this age, there's still a lot of errant passes & ground balls. Thinking it's better for shooting but not as good for catching. Right now I'm thinking about the crux 400 as an in-between. My daughter watches the ECD videos but they really don't have a wide range of complete sticks available for the younger players. I'm sure she would love to have the little crab logo on her stick.

Return to “YOUTH AND CLUB LACROSSE”