Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:15 pm I do not agree that Kushner's fund is unethical. It's a legit business enterprise that funds startups & other companies with growth potential. The acquisitions have been publicly reported. If it makes money for the investors, it's not a sham.
Burisma was and is also a legit business. So what?

Why in heaven's name are you trying to claim that this has ANYTHING to do with the ethics of Hunter/Joe or Kushner, and conflicts of interest?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:15 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:46 am
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:32 am You might want to hold off on Kushner until you see if he earns or loses revenue for his investors.
Jeez. So your premise here is: if Burisma made money, that makes Hunter's BS job in Ukraine while Daddy was working there...ok with you.

You get that, right?

Dude----whether or not Kush makes money off of that is 100% irrelevant to the conflict of interest. Why the heck are you trying to defend this? We all agree it's legal.

Yet unethical.
I do not agree that Kushner's fund is unethical. It's a legit business enterprise that funds startups & other companies with growth potential. The acquisitions have been publicly reported. If it makes money for the investors, it's not a sham.

HB was paid to sit on Burisma's BOD & serve as a consultant.
Was it illegal. The Clinton Foundation was legitimate by your standards.
Yep.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:37 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:32 am You might want to hold off on Kushner until you see if he earns or loses revenue for his investors.
Jeez. So your premise here is: if Burisma made money, that makes Hunter's BS job in Ukraine while Daddy was working there...ok with you.

You get that, right?

Dude----whether or not Kush makes money off of that is 100% irrelevant to the conflict of interest. Why the heck are you trying to defend this? We all agree it's legal.

Yet unethical.
I do not agree that Kushner's fund is unethical. It's a legit business enterprise that funds startups & other companies with growth potential. The acquisitions have been publicly reported. If it makes money for the investors, it's not a sham.

Yep.
He has had blind spots for years….. I noticed it early. I just don’t understand Old Salt’s logic….
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Disapproval & suspicion are not sufficient grounds to overturn an election & to sabotage a Presidency.

I will give you one guess as to who posted that….
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:24 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:55 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:41 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:56 pm
Again, call Rettig in...while you're at it, call Wray...and hey, call Barr...nope, you guys don't want to hear they've got nuthin on Joe.

Just Hunter.
This is clearly the same impaired, arrogant, sort of thinking/narrative the Dems rode in 2016... "Hillary will never lose."
Oh Joe can lose. The smear job, totally unsubstantiated, could work.
Not surprisingly you missed the point.

It has nothing to do with Joe winning or losing but everything to do with, in the face of mounting evidence, the blind belief by the Dems and you that there is nothing to Biden corruption, which most certainly includes Ol Joe.
[/color][/b]
Hey, it's exactly the point of what you wrote. If you mean something different, make it clear.
You're right. Obviously I need to be more careful with whom I'm replying to... expecting everyone to recognize metaphor is expecting too much... the "impaired thinking," pre-election, being "the point," not the 2016 election result as metaphor. ;)

sorry, I don't see the metaphor as apt. For a whole bunch of reasons, any one of which would have tipped the scales the other way, Hillary lost the election though won the popular vote soundly. You want to suggest that the Dems had "impaired thinking, I disagree. I do think Hillary herself cam across as elitist and entitled, but I don't think it was the Dems who were "impaired"...I'd say that a whole lot of people, many of whom had never voted before, were attracted to Trump's lack of ethics, his bigotry and showed up and I think I a whole lot of low information voters were fooled into thinking ("impaired") that he was a business man who was running to "make America great again"...hogwash...tha[/b]t was "impaired"...

That said, if there actually was clear evidence of Joe's criminality that would stand up to scrutiny in court, I'll be the first to withdraw my support and actively call for an alternative (to be clear, that alternative ain't Trump). But it ain't there. there is no "mounting evidence" outside of right wing fever dreams designed to distract from Trump's 4 cases, 91 indictments, with tremendous granular detail presented, testimony, texts, recordings.
"point" proven... Is it?? :roll: When there's actual evidence that could stand up in court that Joe committed criminal acts, I'll be all ears, but you ain't got it...and that's what Rettig, Wray, and Barr would likely testify under oath if the House GOP subpoenaed them.

And I think Rettig, Wray, and Barr, all Republicans appointed by Trump would say they saw nothing criminal about Joe if under oath. And so will Weiss eventually, I think...but I'm entirely open to that being proven wrong.

But hey, call for Rettig, Wray, and Barr to testify under oath if you think they won't explode those fever dreams... ;) :roll:
If you've actually been reading my posts for the past couple of years you'd realize I've consistently said, more and all information is way better than less... and absolutely better than suppression of info... let's hear everything to glean some truth. If hearing testimony by those you mention helps to uncover truth in this matter, I'm all for it... obviously.

On the last point, sure, quality, verifiable information is a good thing...lies, misinformation, disinformation are not. Do you agree? So, not "all".

Actually, I suspect that you don't agree given your past willingness to entertain as if true all sorts of unverified claptrap, but go ahead and clarify...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:31 pm Disapproval & suspicion are not sufficient grounds to overturn an election & to sabotage a Presidency.

I will give you one guess as to who posted that….
I don't understand it. Never have. Never will.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:20 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:58 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:41 am
You're just jealous that he was able to raise so much investment capital.
It wasn't a loan to pay his child support or tax bills.
It's a PRIVATE EQUITY deal funded 100% by $2 billion of Saudi Sovereign funds. Neither you nor anyone else is going to see any detail. Ever. The Saudis investment return is way beyond return on their $$$$. Kush communicated with them for 4 effing years on official US government business on Whats App and all of the records are either gone or encrypted. Ditto with the Rooskies. You claim no curiosity about all this while you whine to high heaven about Biden every day here.

99% of Kush's activity is not known or hidden from public view BOTH when he was in government and now that he's no longer there. You actually seem to celebrate this as some kind of genius activity on his part. The idea that you are so uncurious in this case yet 100% the opposite in cases of politicals you don't like tells us all we need to know. :oops:
Do a llttle research. It's not just Saudi funds, there's over $3 billion total & it includes funds from other Gulf States.
There has been reporting on the businesses they have acquired.
The question remains why would all of these Gulf state sovereign funds invest with a person with NO experience managing international private equity and with only a mediocre performance in NY real estate prior to government service. Gulf states also previously bailed him out of 666 Fifth Avenue albatross. I only mention this in the context of how you describe HB's lack of qualifications to serve on Burisma's board. What's the effing difference between the two activities?

What businesses? If there's reporting post it.
Because one of the goals is to have Arabs invest in Israeli firms.
Kushner made those connections negotiating the Abraham Accords.
I'm not going to research it again.
Just google Affinity Partners acquisitions. They just purchased their first EU firm.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:22 pm
It's a PRIVATE EQUITY deal funded 100% by $2 billion of Saudi Sovereign funds. Neither you nor anyone else is going to see any detail. Ever. The Saudis investment return is way beyond return on their $$$$. Kush communicated with them for 4 effing years on official US government business on Whats App and all of the records are either gone or encrypted. Ditto with the Rooskies. You claim no curiosity about all this while you whine to high heaven about Biden every day here.

99% of Kush's activity is not known or hidden from public view BOTH when he was in government and now that he's no longer there. You actually seem to celebrate this as some kind of genius activity on his part. The idea that you are so uncurious in this case yet 100% the opposite in cases of politicals you don't like tells us all we need to know. :oops:
Do a llttle research. It's not just Saudi funds, there's over $3 billion total & it includes funds from other Gulf States.
The question remains why would all of these Gulf state sovereign funds invest with a person with NO experience managing international private equity and with only a mediocre performance in NY real estate prior to government service. Gulf states also previously bailed him out of 666 Fifth Avenue albatross. I only mention this in the context of how you describe HB's lack of qualifications to serve on Burisma's board. What's the effing difference between the two activities?

Just google Affinity Partners acquisitions. They just purchased their first EU firm.
What’s the geographic scope of the firm’s investment thesis?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:03 pm

You get that, right?

Yet unethical.

Yep.
He has had blind spots for years….. I noticed it early. I just don’t understand Old Salt’s logic….
The Clinton Foundation is a Private Equity Partnership ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:39 pm

Global
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:40 pm

You get that, right?

Yet unethical.

Yep.
So the game here is to keep coming up with pointless details like "does it have the letter C in the name" in an effort to play dumb, and that pretend a man who worked for the Federal government his entire life as a direct or indirect employee has no idea what a conflict of interest is.

Keep playing. I'm done with your gaslighting. I'm out.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:40 pm

You get that, right?

Yet unethical.

Yep.
You sound ridiculous.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:39 pm

Global
So there is nothing special about a few dollars being deployed to companies controlled by Israelis? Have some Geritol and call it a night.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

You might want to hold off on Kushner until you see if he earns or loses revenue for his investors.
Salty -- from your posts, it is pretty clear you don't know how PE works. I think everyone else on this thread knows EXACTLY how PE works.

Kush is getting 1.25% and 20% on the two large from the Saudis. A PE fund will usually last 10 years. So even if Kush literally lights the $2B on fire, his fund gets fee income of $25 million every single year. So $250 million over ten years from MBS. Even if Kush produces a 100% loss of capital, which equals negative infinity return on capital. Bazinga!!

And since the Saudis fronted two thirds of the capital, Kush was able to sweep in another $1B in smaller chunks from other Arab states. So the annual fee income is $37.5M annually. That is the forking bribe for god's sake you moron!!!!!!

The Saudi sov wealth fund can invest their money anywhere in the world -- Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, the most exclusive hedge funds globally. So why do they drop $2B on a dude with literally zero track record? Well, because $250 million is apparently market value for laundering a little bone sawing in the back room. If Kush's fund was such a good idea, why isn't anyone else in the whole wide world investing with him? Bueller? Bueller?
Salty -- Would you like to buy this nice shiny bridge I have for sale?

Kush has invested in three deals so far. Two israeli start-ups and one German fitness club chain. The fund parameters are not limited to the ME.
And FYI, Israel has long had an established VC/start up infrastructure. If the Saudis really wanted exposure to HQ Israel deals they could much more easily and prudently invest with...say... Sequoia, Norwest, Bessemer and many other 5 star VCs who do significant business in Israel. NFW do they need to give Kush BILLIONS in order to get access to ME deals.

Heck, if it was really about investing, they should have given the dough to Josh Kushner. Who knows 100X more about VC/PE than his older brother does. Sheesh!!!!!

Your ignorance and bias becomes more and more and more apparent with each succeeding post. Give us all a break. Please.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:32 pm
You might want to hold off on Kushner until you see if he earns or loses revenue for his investors.
Salty -- from your posts, it is pretty clear you don't know how PE works. I think everyone else on this thread knows EXACTLY how PE works.

Kush is getting 1.25% and 20% on the two large from the Saudis. A PE fund will usually last 10 years. So even if Kush literally lights the $2B on fire, his fund gets fee income of $25 million every single year. So $250 million over ten years from MBS. Even if Kush produces a 100% loss of capital, which equals negative infinity return on capital. Bazinga!!

And since the Saudis fronted two thirds of the capital, Kush was able to sweep in another $1B in smaller chunks from other Arab states. So the annual fee income is $37.5M annually. That is the forking bribe for god's sake you moron!!!!!!

The Saudi sov wealth fund can invest their money anywhere in the world -- Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, the most exclusive hedge funds globally. So why do they drop $2B on a dude with literally zero track record? Well, because $250 million is apparently market value for laundering a little bone sawing in the back room. If Kush's fund was such a good idea, why isn't anyone else in the whole wide world investing with him? Bueller? Bueller?

Kush has invested in three deals so far. Two israeli start-ups and one German fitness club chain. The fund parameters are not limited to the ME.
And FYI, Israel has long had an established VC/start up infrastructure. If the Saudis really wanted exposure to HQ Israel deals they could much more easily and prudently invest with...say... Sequoia, Norwest, Bessemer and many other 5 star VCs who do significant business in Israel. NFW do they need to give Kush BILLIONS in order to get access to ME deals.

Heck, if it was really about investing, they should have given the dough to Josh Kushner. Who knows 100X more about VC/PE than his older brother does. Sheesh!!!!!

Your ignorance and bias becomes more and more and more apparent with each succeeding post. Give us all a break. Please.
Great post, which won’t dent the hard shell of shilling for MAGA.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I understand how PE works. Goldman Sachs & Kleiner Perkins investors never lose money. :roll:

Perhaps part of the reasoning for the Arab states decision to go with Affinity Partners is the expectation that they will take a chance on an Israeli or Arab firm, designed to grow in the ME, that Goldman Sachs would not take a chance on.

I'm just saying -- it's premature to dismiss it as a payoff until you see how it develops over the long term.
If it folds or Kush cashes out, then compare it to HB's contribution to Burisma or the activities of Rosemont Seneca Partners & BHR.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:33 am

I understand how PE works. Goldman Sachs & Kleiner Perkins investors never lose money. :roll:

Perhaps part of the reasoning for the Arab states decision to go with Affinity Partners is the expectation that they will take a chance on an Israeli or Arab firm, designed to grow in the ME, that Goldman Sachs would not take a chance on.

I'm just saying -- it's premature to dismiss it as a payoff until you see how it develops over the long term.
If it folds or Kush cashes out, then compare it to HB's contribution to Burisma or the activities of Rosemont Seneca Partners & BHR.
The Clinton Foundation did a lot good work….The Trump Foundation was a fraud…… guess which one you harped on?…… so again “seeing how it does” isn’t something you always do?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:45 am

The Clinton Foundation did a lot good work….The Trump Foundation was a fraud…… guess which one you harped on?…… so again “seeing how it does” isn’t something you always do?
I did not bring up the Clinton Foundation. Someone else did.
I did not harp on it. I merely pointed out that it is not a Private Equity investment firm.
You're showing your true colors. I had you pegged years ago.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:43 pm On the last point, sure, quality, verifiable information is a good thing...lies, misinformation, disinformation are not. Do you agree? So, not "all".

Actually, I suspect that you don't agree given your past willingness to entertain as if true all sorts of unverified claptrap, but go ahead and clarify...
We've been over this before. All information should be allowed but not necessarily tolerated/accepted as truth. That is up to the individual to determine. In some cases that determination can take time but the outlandish stuff is easy to spot and discard. I'm sure you can handle it mdlax.

Of course "fact checkers" are helpful so long as they're objective and not a tool in advancing some predetermined narrative/agenda.

The real problem, simply put, is when government decides what is "misinformation" and what "truths" the people will be allowed to see and hear. That is totalitarianism... and isn't totalitarianism something you're most afraid of mdlax?

For example, the Twitter Files uncovered this very thing. If that revelation re governmental overreach and suppression is just "unverified claptrap" in your mind, I truly feel sorry for you.

So no, I disagree with your narrow, suppressive idea of what can and cannot be allowed re information. Yep, I have an open mind, listen to and read information from many sources. Based on your track record on this board, it's understandable you would be uncomfortable with that.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:01 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:45 am

I did not bring up the Clinton Foundation. Someone else did.
I did not harp on it. I merely pointed out that it is not a Private Equity investment firm.
You're showing your true colors. I had you pegged years ago.
It was me…. I brought up your hypocrisy……(nice turn….Old Slimey).
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”