Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Deacon022

Re: Recruiting

Post by Deacon022 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:06 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:50 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:25 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:05 pm Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️
....with the cryptic rumors already

Hmm. I have seen you have a lot of issues with people on this site. I can see why. You missed the intent of my response. Didn’t want to say what team obviously. Not a cryptic rumor.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:20 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:05 pm Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hmm. I have seen you have a lot of issues with people on this site. I can see why. You missed the intent of my response. Didn’t want to say what team obviously. Not a cryptic rumor.
Yeah. I wouldn’t be answering that question of what club team your daughter plays for either right now. After she commits, go for it. =) But I don’t get why they wouldn’t be speaking to their team about interest a few weeks before.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:20 pm Didn’t want to say what team obviously.
....which makes it cryptic
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

:x
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:20 pm Didn’t want to say what team obviously.
I disagree with that. He didn’t want to say where the daughter played. That’s not cryptic.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

😁 so I don’t want to say where my daughter plays and it’s a “cryptic rumor”. A I said was my daughter hasn’t heard from her coach. It’s gonna be a long 5 days. I didn’t start a rumor. Where does your daughter go to school and what town you live in outta?
Last edited by Deacon022 on Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Relax77 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:11 pm :x
I disagree with that. He didn’t want to say where the daughter played. That’s not cryptic.
I'm cool with agreeing to disagree 😎
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

👍
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Very smart. Issues with almost everyone...
njbill

Post by njbill »

GratefulRed wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:57 pm Strong work, jff97. Thanks!
+1. Great stuff. Lotta fun reading through the names on those lists.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

cltlax wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:21 pm
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah I see that. Still waiting on his daughters team and town she lives in. Maybe wants to give where she works as well. Otherwise you know. Starting cryptic rumors. Smh.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Club coach, I assume.

From my experience, once you hit Aug 20th or a schools final prospect day, its usually radio silence until 9/1. Colleges know the tiers of their list at this point and the club coach really doesn't have much relevance to the process anymore (at least for top 50 D1 schools) since they can talk to the kid in a few days.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

I’m not worried about who the team or coach is. I just don’t understand what this post means. Is there some context to this, some earlier post about a coach giving their team the silent treatment? I looked but didn’t see them but maybe missed them.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Quite.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

I’ll break down the post so guys here who think they are the smartest guys in the room can see how wrong they were.

Post -
Deacon022 wrote: ↑
Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days

Here’s the break down. That someone with a third grade reading level who is not a troll can figure out.
1. There’s five days left to Sept 1. Now less.
2. My daughters coach never told anyone on the team who contacted them.
3. Gonna be an interesting few days in my house with her wondering who or who not may be interested. That simple.

Then somebody asked what team she played for.
Why would I answer that? No one would and no one ever on these sites says where their kid plays.

Then some clown attempt to be funny with his gif saying here comes the cryptic posts. Whatever. Everyone on this site thinks you’re a tool. Not surprised.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:33 pm I’ll break down the post so guys here who think they are the smartest guys in the room can see how wrong they were.

Post -
Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days

Here’s the break down. That someone with a third grade reading level who is not a troll can figure out.
3. Gonna be an interesting few days in my house with her wondering who or who not may be interested. That simple.

Why would I answer that? No one would and no one ever on these sites says where their kid plays.

Then some clown attempt to be funny with his gif saying here comes the cryptic posts. Whatever. Everyone on this site thinks you’re a tool. Not surprised.
Is there a reason the coach isn’t sharing information? Did the coach state he had received info and that he is choosing not to pass it on? Or is this a guess - maybe he has passed on what he’s heard? I’d be frustrated if my kid’s club coach was withholding all info, sort of seems like part of their job. In any event, that info can be helpful but it’s definitely not the full story in either direction of what will actually happen on 9/1. If it’s anything like our experiences - some of those coaches who communicated pre-9/1 interest won’t end up making contact. And many coaches who didn’t communicate interest will end up making contact.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:33 pm I’ll break down the post so guys here who think they are the smartest guys in the room can see how wrong they were.

Post -

"Whatever" is correct. Maybe next time you'll reconsider posting similar cryptic messages that elicit these kinds of questions and responses. As my grandmother was wont to say: "Ya live, ya learn."
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:09 pm

Post -

"Whatever" is correct. Maybe next time you'll reconsider posting similar cryptic messages that elicit these kinds of questions and responses. As my grandmother was wont to say: "Ya live, ya learn."
You got it d-bag
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:23 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:09 pm

Post -

You got it d-bag

Where’s your grandmother live?
Sunnylax

Post by Sunnylax »

cltlax wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:21 pm
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So disappointing he's back. incredibly annoying and tiresome.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Going back to Jff97 posts on the 2018 and 2019 ratings, some great stuff there.

I know the ratings have their issues and a lot of good players don't make that list. But I went through the top 10 teams last year to see how many kids were at least contributors or higher. The thinking being that during these Covid times, the 18/19 recruits should be strong contributors to their team success. I may have a number off here or there as it was manual. These numbers are for the combined 2 years. Northwestern 8, BC 8, Cuse 7, UNC 9, Florida 9, Notre Dame 8, Loyola 6. Stony Brook had 2, but looked like they had asterisks meaning their contributions were after they transferred? Denver and JMU only 1 each. Maryland was not in the final top 10 last year but interestingly they led the way with 13.

One take away - maybe the 20/21/22 numbers would be different, but based on these numbers Denver, JMU and Stony Brook must have success finding players not in these rankings. May not be a coincidence either that Denver, JMU and Stony Brook traditionally are among the top ranked defensive teams in the country and "rankings" may be weighted toward offensive play. Maybe these schools are good targets for the "unranked" recruits to look at?

Also only the 2018 had the list of misses, but only 3 schools were identified with more than one "miss". Maryland had 4 and Cuse 2. The big surprise for me was Stanford with 5 misses (They did have 6 named contributors or better as well).

Question - are the rankings made before or after kids commit? Meaning does that potentially influence the ranking?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”