Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Laxfan212

Re: Recruiting

Post by Laxfan212 »

Adding - the book is decent though and pretty useful. The fb page - not really (and many times if you follow her specific advice for wlax, you’ll shoot yourself in the foot).
lax410

Post by lax410 »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:04 am
Bluecollar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:21 pm My significant other really doesn't buy that 9th and 10th grade are the important years in club and camp if she wants to get to the next level. She'd rather wait for junior year or so. That will be too late, I know.
Very much like your better half's way of thinking (I have a hard time buying the too late part, if you're good enough you'll play).
Remember this in your process, a happy wife is a happy life. Jus' sayin'.
If you’re amazing, next level talent - yes I’m sure you’ll find a late spot. If you’re a more common good but not the next Charlotte North type recruit, you are putting your self at a big disadvantage by starting that late.

i think trying something more challenging in 8th-9th grade is a great gut check. Can your child hang with the increased competition? Do they still liking playing that much? If not, the next level probably isn’t for them.
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

lax410 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:59 am
DMac wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:04 am
Bluecollar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:21 pm My significant other really doesn't buy that 9th and 10th grade are the important years in club and camp if she wants to get to the next level. She'd rather wait for junior year or so. That will be too late, I know.
Very much like your better half's way of thinking (I have a hard time buying the too late part, if you're good enough you'll play).
Remember this in your process, a happy wife is a happy life. Jus' sayin'.
If you’re amazing, next level talent - yes I’m sure you’ll find a late spot. If you’re a more common good but not the next Charlotte North type recruit, you are putting your self at a big disadvantage by starting that late.

i think trying something more challenging in 8th-9th grade is a great gut check. Can your child hang with the increased competition? Do they still liking playing that much? If not, the next level probably isn’t for them.
100% agree with this. The vast majority of kids fall within a middle talent band. If your kid is in that band and they wait until junior year, they’ll likely find themselves struggling to find opportunities that late. Not because they lack the needed talent but others equally talented caught the coaches’ eyes sooner.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

cltlax wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:43 am
Laxfan212 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 am
Bluecollar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:21 pm Looking for some advice here. My daughter is a 2027. She was a late starter (7th grade), but has picked up the game quickly. Her school coach and local club coach both say she can play at the next level. She will be trying out for a more known/national club that will require a lot more out of state travel (we do not live in a hotbed).

So here is where I need help:

My significant other really doesn't buy that 9th and 10th grade are the important years in club and camp if she wants to get to the next level. She'd rather wait for junior year or so. That will be too late, I know. But is there some article or website somewhere that does a decent job of explaining the whole recruiting "game" in a 101-type of way? For example, explaining the timeline and and which years matter most and which activities (clubs, prospect days, etc.) are most useful? Please don't say, "talk to your club coach" because she (rightfully) believes they have a vest interest ($) in making the case that club matters most.

Thanks.
There are some Facebook groups that are very specific to this process (women's lax recruiting specifically) with experienced parents who can (and have) explain the details of why this timing is so important. I’d suggest looking for those.
Check out the Facebook Group: Educating Parents of HS Athletes On The College Recruiting Process.

It's run by a former college coach and she also has a book that walks through the entire process.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:27 pm
cltlax wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:43 am
Laxfan212 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 am
Bluecollar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:21 pm Looking for some advice here. My daughter is a 2027. She was a late starter (7th grade), but has picked up the game quickly. Her school coach and local club coach both say she can play at the next level. She will be trying out for a more known/national club that will require a lot more out of state travel (we do not live in a hotbed).

So here is where I need help:

My significant other really doesn't buy that 9th and 10th grade are the important years in club and camp if she wants to get to the next level. She'd rather wait for junior year or so. That will be too late, I know. But is there some article or website somewhere that does a decent job of explaining the whole recruiting "game" in a 101-type of way? For example, explaining the timeline and and which years matter most and which activities (clubs, prospect days, etc.) are most useful? Please don't say, "talk to your club coach" because she (rightfully) believes they have a vest interest ($) in making the case that club matters most.

Thanks.
There are some Facebook groups that are very specific to this process (women's lax recruiting specifically) with experienced parents who can (and have) explain the details of why this timing is so important. I’d suggest looking for those.
Check out the Facebook Group: Educating Parents of HS Athletes On The College Recruiting Process.

It's run by a former college coach and she also has a book that walks through the entire process.
PSA: In an era when anyone with an internet connection is an "expert" or an "influencer" this "former college coach" looks slightly sketchy to me ... she never references where she played or coached (suspect) but from her bio, it looks like she played and coached soccer not lax. I don't need lay out for this group how different the recruiting process is for these two sports. Also suspect, the approx. 125 page book she sells is $75. Here is a review of said book copied from Amazon:

Simplistic advice for average athletes. To summarize the book, get really good grades, send lots of emails to coaches, dress nice for visits, and send hand written thank you notes. According to the book getting an athletic scholarship is how you market yourself, not whether you are actually good at your sport. Really none of her advice has anything to do with being a top notch athlete.

That is because this book is for average high school athletes looking to play D2, D3, or Juco. NONE of the advice applies to D1 athletes. Coaches will find top athletes. This book is about how to parlay average ability to get into a D2 or D3 school. I regularly read Coach Renee’s FB page and I am always amused how athletic ability takes a back seat to “marketing” your high school athlete. The posts are, “my child just decided as a senior they want to play sports in college, what do I do?” or “My child is undersized and is not a standout on his/her club team, what should they do to play in college?” Bottom line, if your child is a stand-out athlete with good size, this book is a waste. If your child is an OK athlete and you are looking for an in to a D2 or D3 school, it may be worth the investment. There are plenty of smaller schools with over-inflated tuition ready to give some “scholarship” money for sports to convince a student to pay big tuition to come th their school.

Reality test is a coach going to recruit the 6’8” superior athlete who dominates high school and club or the 6’ bench player who peppers coaches with emails and hand-written thank-you notes. This book and its hefty price preys on parents’ vanity and desperation.
As with many things recruiting-related: caveat emptor
Bluecollar

Post by Bluecollar »

Appreciate all the recommendations above.
OuttaNowhereWregget

NCAA 2023-2024 Recruiting Calendar

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Hopefully, this calendar will prove useful...

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compli ... lendar.pdf

Kleizaster

Re: NCAA 2023-2024 Recruiting Calendar

Post by Kleizaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:28 am Hopefully, this calendar will prove useful...

great find. Although i approve the changes that were made for the recruting process, the NCAA did a horrible job getting this information out to parents.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: NCAA 2023-2024 Recruiting Calendar

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:51 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:28 am Hopefully, this calendar will prove useful...

great find. Although i approve the changes that were made for the recruting process, the NCAA did a horrible job getting this information out to parents.
Thanks, Kle.

Yep--par for the course with the NCAA.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Funny how many of the parents were telling me that Sept 1 is now Sep 4th. I’ve told about 15 parents at Clemson they can still text you or call. Your daughter just won’t have a knock on your door at 12:01 on Sep 1. 😁. All the Facebook sites have it wrong as well.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Last year after all the talk on this board about how valuable recruiting rankings are, I decided to look how the IL Women Top 100 players panned out over the previous five years. I did the same thing for this year (Classes of 2018-2022), but hadn't time to post it here until now, and it feels like good timing with the recruiting contact date coming up soon.
For those who remember last year, the categories are pretty similar. There's multi-time All-American, All-American and All-Conference, which means you have to be selected to those teams. Honorable mention doesn't count. Then there's multi-year starter and starter, which means you started at least half your team's games. I know in lacrosse that doesn't always mean what it does in other sports, but I needed a way to divide players. There's then contributors, which means you got playing time at some point in your career in non-garbage time situations. Once again, as I can't watch every game, it's my best guess on what type of game it was. There's also a missed category just for the 2018 class, since this was the last year of eligibility for most of the players in the class. What I found last year is teams can still find impact players throughout the rankings, and that defense and goalie are generally the hardest to predict. After that long intro, here's the list for 2018 along with a few thoughts at the bottom.
For players who transferred, the asterisk by their name means they got into the category for their play at that school. If there's no asterisk, they did it at both.
Multi-time AA: Maddie Jenner, #4, Duke
Meaghan Tyrell, #6, Syracuse
Jenn Medjid, #7, Boston College
Megan Carney, #9, Syracuse
Sarah Reznick, #10, Florida
Sarah Cooper, #11, Syracuse
Katie Detwiler, #26, Loyola
Izzy Scane, #27, Northwestern
Jillian Wilson, #30, Loyola
AA: Cassidy Weeks, #8, Boston College
Emma Wightman, OTR, Florida/USC*
All-Conference: Erin Bakes, #2, USC/Georgetown*
Shay Clevenger, #22, Louisville/Loyola
Charlie Rudy, #32, Colorado
Taylor Suplee, #38, Penn State/High Point*
Shonly Wallace, #45, Stony Brook/Oregon/UAlbany*
Grace Hulslander, #50, Harvard
Annabelle Albert, OTR, Georgetown
Shannon Brazier, OTR, Cornell
Amanda Cramer, OTR, Northwestern/Cornell*
Hannah Dorney, OTR, Notre Dame
Paisley Eagan, OTR, Boston College/Florida*
Bri Gross, OTR, Vanderbilt
Ava Keethler, OTR, Ohio State
Kaitlyn Mead, OTR, Michigan
Annika Meyer, OTR, Johns Hopkins*/Virginia
Amy Moreau, OTR, UMass
Kate Mulham, OTR, Princeton
Clare Nothnagle, OTR, Albany
Olivia Penoyer, OTR, Yale
Maddie Sanchez, OTR, Maryland
Multi-year starter: Elizabeth Hillman, #1, North Carolina
Elle Hansen, #5, Northwestern
Rachel Hall, #13, Oregon/Boston College
Caitlynn Mossman, #15, Boston College
Tayler Warehime, #19, North Carolina*/Florida
Madison Doucette, #20, Northwestern
Madison Mote, #28, Notre Dame
Annie Dyson, #40, Virginia
Gabi Hall, #41, North Carolina
Sopiha LeRose, #46, Duke
Katie Ramsay, #47, USC
Jane DiGregorio, OTR, Davidson*/Duke
Eva Greco, OTR, Duke
Ellie Kiernan, OTR, Georgetown
Krissy Kowalski, OTR, Penn/Clemson*
Cal Martin, OTR, Ohio State
Michaela McMahon, OTR, Penn/USC
Marina Miller, OTR, Penn State/Richmond*/Clemson*
Mary Muldoon, OTR, Penn State
Sabrina Robbins, OTR, Colorado
Erin Tierney, OTR, Hofstra
Jordan Tilley, OTR, Virginia Tech
Starter: Hannah Mardiney, #3, Florida/Virginia Tech*
Anna Callahan, #12, Duke
Shannon Berry, #17, Princeton
Courtney Weeks, #18, Boston College
Maria Pansini, #23, Princeton
Meaghan Scutaro, #25, Notre Dame
Emerson Cabrera, #31, Florida
Lillie Kloak, #37, Virginia
Caitlin Chicoski, OTR, Stanford
Braeden Dial, OTR, Davidson*/Virginia
Maddie Johnston, OTR, Duke
Maeson Tydings, OTR, Florida
Contributor: Darby Welsh, #16, Maryland*/Virginia
Brooklyn Neumen, #43, North Carolina
Olivia Rubin, #44, Duke/Georgetown
Sophia DeRosa, #48, Brown
Maggie Corbo, OTR, Florida
Mia Farnella, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Braelie Kempney, OTR, Syracuse
Maddie McSally, OTR, Maryland
Grace Nelson, OTR, Virginia Tech
Missed: Julia Hoffman, #14, Maryland
Madison Reilly, #21, Maryland/Florida
Emma Jaques,, #24, Northwestern
Elizabeth Farnsworth, #33, Virginia
Alex Marino, #34, Syracuse/Denver
Lexi LeDoyen, #35, Syracuse
Julia Cooper, #36, Stanford
Kennedy Lynch, #42, Maryland
Courtney Anderson, OTR, Stanford/San Diego State
Annika Begley, OTR, Stanford/Dartmouth
Maddie Cooney, OTR, Boston College
Katie Crager, OTR, Georgetown
Leah Daly, OTR, Loyola
Maddie Ellis, OTR, Florida
Amanda Fedor, OTR, North Carolina
Lucie Gildehaus, OTR, Princeton
Hannah Glaros, OTR, Maryland
Helen Louise Johnson, OTR, Stanford
Taylor Lawrence, OTR, Stanford
Nicole Macolino, OTR, USC
Kirsten Scutaro, OTR, Notre Dame
Tara Shecter, OTR, Princeton
Mekenzie Vander Molen, OTR, Ohio State
Some takeaways:
-This class was not as star-studded compared to 2017. That top 100 had 25 AAs compared to 11 for 2018. However both had nine multi-time AAs, so there were still some stars at the top, just not as many throughout. 2017 also had 79 players be at least contributors, while 2018 had 76.
-19 of the top 100 players transferred, compared to 15 for the 2017 class.
-The big winners from this class were Syracuse and BC. Considering that Cuse had 3 multi-AAs in this class, it's unfortunate they could never stay healthy enough to win a title.
-As I did this year's rankings, I became impressed with how good Loyola is at turning their top recruits into stars. Happened here with Detwiler and Wilson.
-All-conference can be a little misleading, as some conferences have a first and second team while others like the ACC just have a first team.
-I think this class is where you can see the start of MD's decline. Only had one player reach all-conference in Maddie Sanchez. Another two played some during the shortened 2020 season to get on the contributor list but never played again.
-Will try to post the rest when there are lulls in the discussion here.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Tyrrell = 2 R's, not 1 R in Tyrrell

This is just a pet peeve of mine because I see Meaghan and Emma's last name misspelled all the frickin time.

Tyrrell

T-Y-R-R-E-L-L

Tyrrell

Get it? Got it? Good!
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Strong work, jff97. Thanks!
NULax2

Re: Tyrrell = 2 R's, not 1 R in Tyrrell

Post by NULax2 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:22 pm This is just a pet peeve of mine because I see Meaghan and Emma's last name misspelled all the frickin time.

Tyrrell

T-Y-R-R-E-L-L

Tyrrell

Get it? Got it? Good!
Sorry, but for GOT fans, it will always be House Tyrell. JK. :lol:

I've given up on trying to educated people that its NU for Northwestern not NW.

Northwestern won the rights to NU after they beat Nebraska at the Aer Lingus game in 2022. :D
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

jff97 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:40 am Last year after all the talk on this board about how valuable recruiting rankings are, I decided to look how the IL Women Top 100 players panned out over the previous five years. I did the same thing for this year (Classes of 2018-2022), but hadn't time to post it here until now, and it feels like good timing with the recruiting contact date coming up soon.
For those who remember last year, the categories are pretty similar. There's multi-time All-American, All-American and All-Conference, which means you have to be selected to those teams. Honorable mention doesn't count. Then there's multi-year starter and starter, which means you started at least half your team's games. I know in lacrosse that doesn't always mean what it does in other sports, but I needed a way to divide players. There's then contributors, which means you got playing time at some point in your career in non-garbage time situations. Once again, as I can't watch every game, it's my best guess on what type of game it was. There's also a missed category just for the 2018 class, since this was the last year of eligibility for most of the players in the class. What I found last year is teams can still find impact players throughout the rankings, and that defense and goalie are generally the hardest to predict. After that long intro, here's the list for 2018 along with a few thoughts at the bottom.
For players who transferred, the asterisk by their name means they got into the category for their play at that school. If there's no asterisk, they did it at both.
Multi-time AA: Maddie Jenner, #4, Duke
Meaghan Tyrell, #6, Syracuse
Jenn Medjid, #7, Boston College
Megan Carney, #9, Syracuse
Sarah Reznick, #10, Florida
Sarah Cooper, #11, Syracuse
Katie Detwiler, #26, Loyola
Izzy Scane, #27, Northwestern
Jillian Wilson, #30, Loyola
AA: Cassidy Weeks, #8, Boston College
Emma Wightman, OTR, Florida/USC*
All-Conference: Erin Bakes, #2, USC/Georgetown*
Shay Clevenger, #22, Louisville/Loyola
Charlie Rudy, #32, Colorado
Taylor Suplee, #38, Penn State/High Point*
Shonly Wallace, #45, Stony Brook/Oregon/UAlbany*
Grace Hulslander, #50, Harvard
Annabelle Albert, OTR, Georgetown
Shannon Brazier, OTR, Cornell
Amanda Cramer, OTR, Northwestern/Cornell*
Hannah Dorney, OTR, Notre Dame
Paisley Eagan, OTR, Boston College/Florida*
Bri Gross, OTR, Vanderbilt
Ava Keethler, OTR, Ohio State
Kaitlyn Mead, OTR, Michigan
Annika Meyer, OTR, Johns Hopkins*/Virginia
Amy Moreau, OTR, UMass
Kate Mulham, OTR, Princeton
Clare Nothnagle, OTR, Albany
Olivia Penoyer, OTR, Yale
Maddie Sanchez, OTR, Maryland
Multi-year starter: Elizabeth Hillman, #1, North Carolina
Elle Hansen, #5, Northwestern
Rachel Hall, #13, Oregon/Boston College
Caitlynn Mossman, #15, Boston College
Tayler Warehime, #19, North Carolina*/Florida
Madison Doucette, #20, Northwestern
Madison Mote, #28, Notre Dame
Annie Dyson, #40, Virginia
Gabi Hall, #41, North Carolina
Sopiha LeRose, #46, Duke
Katie Ramsay, #47, USC
Jane DiGregorio, OTR, Davidson*/Duke
Eva Greco, OTR, Duke
Ellie Kiernan, OTR, Georgetown
Krissy Kowalski, OTR, Penn/Clemson*
Cal Martin, OTR, Ohio State
Michaela McMahon, OTR, Penn/USC
Marina Miller, OTR, Penn State/Richmond*/Clemson*
Mary Muldoon, OTR, Penn State
Sabrina Robbins, OTR, Colorado
Erin Tierney, OTR, Hofstra
Jordan Tilley, OTR, Virginia Tech
Starter: Hannah Mardiney, #3, Florida/Virginia Tech*
Anna Callahan, #12, Duke
Shannon Berry, #17, Princeton
Courtney Weeks, #18, Boston College
Maria Pansini, #23, Princeton
Meaghan Scutaro, #25, Notre Dame
Emerson Cabrera, #31, Florida
Lillie Kloak, #37, Virginia
Caitlin Chicoski, OTR, Stanford
Braeden Dial, OTR, Davidson*/Virginia
Maddie Johnston, OTR, Duke
Maeson Tydings, OTR, Florida
Contributor: Darby Welsh, #16, Maryland*/Virginia
Brooklyn Neumen, #43, North Carolina
Olivia Rubin, #44, Duke/Georgetown
Sophia DeRosa, #48, Brown
Maggie Corbo, OTR, Florida
Mia Farnella, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Braelie Kempney, OTR, Syracuse
Maddie McSally, OTR, Maryland
Grace Nelson, OTR, Virginia Tech
Missed: Julia Hoffman, #14, Maryland
Madison Reilly, #21, Maryland/Florida
Emma Jaques,, #24, Northwestern
Elizabeth Farnsworth, #33, Virginia
Alex Marino, #34, Syracuse/Denver
Lexi LeDoyen, #35, Syracuse
Julia Cooper, #36, Stanford
Kennedy Lynch, #42, Maryland
Courtney Anderson, OTR, Stanford/San Diego State
Annika Begley, OTR, Stanford/Dartmouth
Maddie Cooney, OTR, Boston College
Katie Crager, OTR, Georgetown
Leah Daly, OTR, Loyola
Maddie Ellis, OTR, Florida
Amanda Fedor, OTR, North Carolina
Lucie Gildehaus, OTR, Princeton
Hannah Glaros, OTR, Maryland
Helen Louise Johnson, OTR, Stanford
Taylor Lawrence, OTR, Stanford
Nicole Macolino, OTR, USC
Kirsten Scutaro, OTR, Notre Dame
Tara Shecter, OTR, Princeton
Mekenzie Vander Molen, OTR, Ohio State
Some takeaways:
-This class was not as star-studded compared to 2017. That top 100 had 25 AAs compared to 11 for 2018. However both had nine multi-time AAs, so there were still some stars at the top, just not as many throughout. 2017 also had 79 players be at least contributors, while 2018 had 76.
-19 of the top 100 players transferred, compared to 15 for the 2017 class.
-The big winners from this class were Syracuse and BC. Considering that Cuse had 3 multi-AAs in this class, it's unfortunate they could never stay healthy enough to win a title.
-As I did this year's rankings, I became impressed with how good Loyola is at turning their top recruits into stars. Happened here with Detwiler and Wilson.
-All-conference can be a little misleading, as some conferences have a first and second team while others like the ACC just have a first team.
-I think this class is where you can see the start of MD's decline. Only had one player reach all-conference in Maddie Sanchez. Another two played some during the shortened 2020 season to get on the contributor list but never played again.
-Will try to post the rest when there are lulls in the discussion here.
Impressive work jeff. I agree about Maryland. you can have a class of 9+ players. and sure it gives you a better chance to hit on some players. But for top programs you must consitently hit on the TOP players. Those will be the stars of your program and will put everyone else in positions to succeed. after the top 2 players maybe 3 in an average recruiting class for top programs there is a sizeable drop in talent. Ofcourse there are always exceptions but this trend has proven to be strong not just in lacrosse but in sports in general. If you miss on top players it sets you back because that's a year lost. Have it happen 1 or 2 more times and we have what's going on at Maryland. it snowballs quickly because other top programs are waiting to clean up on your misfortunes.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:05 pm Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days
On what team?
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:25 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:05 pm Five days left. Coach still hasn’t spoke to anyone on the team. Gonna be a fun few days
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️
OuttaNowhereWregget

Deacon022 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:50 pm
lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:25 pm
On what team?
A top one. 🤦🏻‍♂️
....with the cryptic rumors already

jff97

Post by jff97 »

Deciding to keep my recruiting lookbacks going today with the 2019 class. Thanks for the positive comments from yesterday. Same categories as before, except for the "missed" category, as this group still has one year of eligibility remaining.
Multi-time AA: Kasey Choma, #1, Notre Dame
Madison Ahern, #2, Notre Dame
Hannah Leubecker, #9, Maryland
Emily Nalls, #39, North Carolina
Isabella Peterson, OTR, James Madison
Sam Thacker, OTR, Denver
AA: Olivia Dirks, #3, Penn State*/North Carolina
Shaylan Ahearn, #4, Maryland
Emma Schettig, #5, Maryland*/Notre Dame
Delaney Sweitzer, #8, USC/Syracuse*
Jackie Wolak, #15, Notre Dame
Erin Coykendall, #22, Northwestern
Olivia Carner, #23, Duke
Arden Tierney, #27, Richmond
Katelyn Mashewske, #30, Syracuse
Becky Browndorf, #33, Florida
Emily Heller, #45, Florida
Cubby Biscardi, OTR, Duke
Lindsey Frank, OTR, Richmond
Emily Sterling, OTR, Maryland
All-conference: Sophia DiCenso, #6, Richmond
Kari Buonanno, #11, Princeton
Catherine Flaherty, #13, Maryland/Florida*
Hannah Heller, #18, UMass
Blair Pearre, #21, Towson
Izzy Rohr, #25, Penn
Jay Browne, #36, Stanford
Katie Elders, #44, Dartmouth
Kara Rahaim, #48, Stanford
Olivia Dooley, OTR, USC
Nicole Ferrara, OTR, Ohio State
Paige Gunning, OTR, Vanderbilt
Hilary Hoover, OTR, Cornell
Olivia Malamphy, OTR, Boston College/Towson*
Libby May, OTR, Maryland
Niki Miles, OTR, Penn
Caroline Mondiello, OTR, Stanford
Emily Wills, OTR, Loyola
Multi-year starter: Kennon Moon, #12 Penn
Julia Dorsey, #32, North Carolina
Kayla Frank, #37, Virginia Tech
Kiki Shaw, #41, Virginia
Caroline DeBellis, #42, Duke
Allegra Catalano, #46, Louisville
Kay Conway, OTR, Duke
Julia Greene, OTR, Stanford
Caitlin McHale, OTR, Bucknell
Lucy Murray, OTR, Dartmouth
Starter: Livi Lawton, #10, North Carolina
Ryan Smith, #14, Boston College
Shelton Sawers, #17, Florida
Lexi Schmalz, #19, Duke
Dylan Amonte, #29, Northwestern
Sophia Taglich, #31, Boston College
Bianca Chevarie, #35, Syracuse
Anna Ruby, #49, Loyola
Katie Castiello, OTR, Cornell
Sydney Foster, OTR, Loyola/Saint Joseph’s
Meg Hillman, OTR, Loyola
Bryce Pfundstein, OTR, Johns Hopkins/Ohio State*
Alexis Reinhardt, OTR, Cornell
Emma Tilson, OTR, Maryland/Clemson*
Contributor: Jane Hansen, #7, Northwestern
Nicole Humphrey, #16, North Carolina
Kate Sites, #20, Maryland
Chloe Hunter, #24, Penn
Victoria Hensh, #26, Maryland
Melissa Sconone, #47, North Carolina
Jaime Biskup, OTR, Virginia
Phoebe Day, OTR, Boston College
Jane McAvoy, OTR, Notre Dame
Lianna McDonnell, OTR, Stanford
Sloane Murphy, OTR, USC
Aiden Peduzzi, OTR, Maryland
Meghan Pickel, OTR, Stony Brook/Adelphi*
Katie Shanley, OTR, Northwestern
Kiera Shanley, OTR, Northwestern
Carly Steinlauf, OTR, Johns Hopkins
Some takeaways:
-The 2019 top 100 has had 20 All-Americans, which blows away the 2018 class that had 11. That includes five players from the On the Rise (51-100 in alphabetical order), which is more from that same category than either 2017 or 2018
-However this group does not have the star power as the previous two classes. There's no player at the level of an Ortega, North or Scane. That might be why some of the teams that have gotten a lot out of this class (Maryland, Notre Dame, Florida, maybe Duke) have not been consistent title contenders.
-This class shows how these rankings aren't great at ranking defenders and goalies. For every Sweitzer, there are players like Nalls, Thacker, Browndorf, Biscardi and Sterling who seem to overperform their rankings. But is it overperformance or underrating defensive players?
-78 of the top 100 have reached contributor status, which puts it just ahead of the 2018 class (76) after four years
-Only nine players transferred through their first four years, though that number is going to go way up with the number of players on this list taking COVID years somewhere else
-Overall, there are a lot of really good players in this class, but they're not all big names. Some players in previous years are now household names, and I'm not sure you can say that about anyone from the 2019 class.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”