The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm less concerned with defections than whether the Dems have realized that they need to make an appealing case in purple and red states with issues in which the majority in those states actually agree with Dem positions, and that the GOP will deliver the exact opposite.

For instance, in many purple and even red states, voters prefer, by solid majorities, a woman's right to choose through viability and for health of mother thereafter. Very solid majorities...and yet, the GOP promises to do bans at 6 weeks or entirely, with only lip service to 'exceptions'...de facto bans. Given the power, that's what you get with GOP control of state legislatures, governorships. Folks didn't expect this level of rancid ideological extremism, but the MAGA GOP has revealed their intentions.

And majorities don't actually want book bans...school boards matter...

Gotta make these issues preeminent, locally, in order to move the needle...and it's gotta be through grass roots, local activism/organization..and the candidates need to be otherwise reasonable, impressive people who look and sound like the regions they represent.

Takes work.

And you do need to keep explaining to the most progressive activists and politicians that without power, they're crying into the wind...

And, of course, every single bridge re-built, every highway, every rural hospital funded, get your local Dem politicians over there for ceremonies to tell the story that they're brought to those communities by that big, bad Dem party in DC. Make clear when the funding was actually opposed by the local GOP leaders...work it.

I believe that is the key ~ all too often the Democrats have a problem with failure to communicate. For instance, I was on another web site where people in West Virginia blamed Biden for loss of coal jobs and economic depression in that and in neighboring states. I wrote to the forum's host and pointed out that MORE jobs were lost under tRump and that Biden put billions into that region unlike his predecessor. The host was astounded but he could not provide any proof to the contrary. Neither could anyone else who succumbed to the lies that the Democrats are the problem while in their twisted minds Republicans were, somehow, the solution to their woes.

Democrats need to stand up and point out that they are the creators and preservers of American jobs and industry, contary to the lies of the Fox network. But for some reason they remain silent and expect people to just know it. Meanwhile, the GOPiss continues to capitalize on the lie that they are America's saviors.

Silence truly is death. Both for the Dem party and for the USA.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:06 pm

I'm less concerned with defections than whether the Dems have realized that they need to make an appealing case in purple and red states with issues in which the majority in those states actually agree with Dem positions, and that the GOP will deliver the exact opposite.

For instance, in many purple and even red states, voters prefer, by solid majorities, a woman's right to choose through viability and for health of mother thereafter. Very solid majorities...and yet, the GOP promises to do bans at 6 weeks or entirely, with only lip service to 'exceptions'...de facto bans. Given the power, that's what you get with GOP control of state legislatures, governorships. Folks didn't expect this level of rancid ideological extremism, but the MAGA GOP has revealed their intentions.

And majorities don't actually want book bans...school boards matter...

Gotta make these issues preeminent, locally, in order to move the needle...and it's gotta be through grass roots, local activism/organization..and the candidates need to be otherwise reasonable, impressive people who look and sound like the regions they represent.

Takes work.

And you do need to keep explaining to the most progressive activists and politicians that without power, they're crying into the wind...

And, of course, every single bridge re-built, every highway, every rural hospital funded, get your local Dem politicians over there for ceremonies to tell the story that they're brought to those communities by that big, bad Dem party in DC. Make clear when the funding was actually opposed by the local GOP leaders...work it.

I believe that is the key ~ all too often the Democrats have a problem with failure to communicate. For instance, I was on another web site where people in West Virginia blamed Biden for loss of coal jobs and economic depression in that and in neighboring states. I wrote to the forum's host and pointed out that MORE jobs were lost under tRump and that Biden put billions into that region unlike his predecessor. The host was astounded but he could not provide any proof to the contrary. Neither could anyone else who succumbed to the lies that the Democrats are the problem while in their twisted minds Republicans were, somehow, the solution to their woes.

Democrats need to stand up and point out that they are the creators and preservers of American jobs and industry, contary to the lies of the Fox network. But for some reason they remain silent and expect people to just know it. Meanwhile, the GOPiss continues to capitalize on the lie that they are America's saviors.

Silence truly is death. Both for the Dem party and for the USA.
Yes, there is a total shamelessness in the right wing MAGA movement, an "authoritarian curious" zeitgeist, enabling them to tell bald faced lies on behalf of their victimhood narrative.

The Dems, at least most of them, are stuck with this belief that truth will win the day by mere gravity.

It should, of course, but the danger is that it may be insufficient when the liars have mega bullhorns and their followers never hear the truth at all, or at least not from those they "trust".

And the shameless have defined anyone, no matter their prior bona fides, who dares disagree with the narrative as actually an enemy...a "RINO"...and, thus, no longer worthy of trust...and indeed, a "traitor" to the cause...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:05 pm

Yes, there is a total shamelessness in the right wing MAGA movement, an "authoritarian curious" zeitgeist, enabling them to tell bald faced lies on behalf of their victimhood narrative.

The Dems, at least most of them, are stuck with this belief that truth will win the day by mere gravity.

It should, of course, but the danger is that it may be insufficient when the liars have mega bullhorns and their followers never hear the truth at all, or at least not from those they "trust".

And the shameless have defined anyone, no matter their prior bona fides, who dares disagree with the narrative as actually an enemy...a "RINO"...and, thus, no longer worthy of trust...and indeed, a "traitor" to the cause...

꧁༺ 100 ༻꧂
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:05 pm

꧁༺ 100 ༻꧂
Yikes, we agree on something! ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Wrong Puberty ? Paging Dr Mengele.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:07 am

꧁༺ 100 ༻꧂

Heh, heh, heh. I guess that proves we are living in the Age of the Apocalypse.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:03 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:07 am

꧁༺ 100 ༻꧂

Heh, heh, heh. I guess that proves we are living in the Age of the Apocalypse.
Who plays Michael Cera from this FL crowd in The End??

https://youtu.be/ueXuEMPz_iA
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:31 am The Wrong Puberty ? Paging Dr Mengele.
Your streak is intact - adding bad holocaust humor to your lousy repertoire of the unfunny. I would not expect such garbage from a naval officer. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

A shame you cannot apparently make a point without being a jerk about it. You must have loved RFKJr's Anne Frank reference, too. :P
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:43 pm Prove us wrong? https://www.instagram.com/p/CtKfiUXpBtF/
And yet so dumb.

Ahh well...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:43 pm Prove us wrong? https://www.instagram.com/p/CtKfiUXpBtF/
Whenever you open your mouth, you remove all doubt.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:34 pm
That's why I type......now what's your excuse?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:34 pm
That's why I type......now what's your excuse?
You might use voice translation for all I know. Same difference.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Are these his words or has handlers, he doesn’t even appear to blink like he’s in a trance. Does not look like he’s doing to well here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwGM4ius ... BiNWFlZA==
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Talk about out of touch - how about this genius idea from your hero Orange Cheato - Bozo's plan to enact a 10% “universal baseline tariff” on virtually all imports to the United States

What could possibly go wrong? :oops: :oops:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:53 pm Talk about out of touch - how about this genius idea from your hero Orange Cheato - Bozo's plan to enact a 10% “universal baseline tariff” on virtually all imports to the United States

So, the POTUS is standing in a fire ravaged city, a week too late, where they are all homeless, and begins lamenting in his state of torpor, while trying to compare a kitchen fire to a city of ash.....and you want to bring up Trump. :lol: :roll:
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:02 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:53 pm Talk about out of touch - how about this genius idea from your hero Orange Cheato - Bozo's plan to enact a 10% “universal baseline tariff” on virtually all imports to the United States

So, the POTUS is standing in a fire ravaged city, a week too late, where they are all homeless, and begins lamenting in his state of torpor, while trying to compare a kitchen fire to a city of ash.....and you want to bring up Trump. :lol: :roll:
Come on man!!! Your not feeling Bidens pain. ;) he coulda lost his Vette. :lol: I just had a terrifying thought, does Biden actually still drive his Vette? That possibility would scare the chit out of me if I lived in Delaware. 8-)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:02 pm

+10000. Always the comparison card. Always! :roll: :roll:

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”