Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:06 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:52 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:22 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:07 am
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:54 pm Your hurdle is that if it’s not illegal, it’s not worth investigating. You are either a hypocrite or suffering from brain lesions.
Do you have a brain lesion that prevented you from noticing that the plea deal fell apart because the now elevated SC refused to grant immunity for other potential crimes still under investigation ? ...or is that you being a hypocrite ?

The plea deal fell apart because the Fed prosecutors would not guarantee to the Judge that they might not still investigate & charge further crimes.
No, it didn't. That issue was resolved in 10 minutes...Hunter was going to have to risk it and he agreed to it then and there...the deal fell apart because the judge was unwilling to be the arbiter as to whether Hunter violates his probation going forward and Hunter and his team are unwilling to trust a future MAGA GOP to not blow it up for no good cause. They trusted the judge.

And they couldn't resolve that in plea discussions subsequently...and so it's all back on the table. With Weiss having his hand strengthened by the threat of potential cases in different jurisdictions.

They will likely reach a new plea deal.
Is this the MSNBC interpretation you're pushing here?

I'm guessing they are your preferred source of info/opinion :D
I think he is just TLD's clean up guy.....its a pattern. ;)
MDLax is pointing out something different…. Old Soldier doesn’t believe people should be investigated unless they will be found guilty. He has said so himself. Trying to determine guilt or innocence is not what he expects. He only supports investigations to confirm guilt….that has been his position. Not much needs to be “cleaned up”. He’s a hypocrite like you are.
BS....I can vividly recall him arguing the opposite during the democratic hit job of Carter Page, and others, where he said "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime". You are here just to troll OS, might want to follow-up with your neurologist... ;)
Youth, do you really not understand what Salty meant by that phrase? He used it frequently…

It was quite obvious that he was mocking such investigations , not expressing favor.

Tech, I have heard/read reports from multiple reporters who were in the room. That’s what was reported.

I don’t see any particular reason to doubt that reporting. It wasn’t guesswork or analysis, just the tick tock of what happened.

We can imagine the motivation of the various parties, but they haven’t told us directly. My analysis is as I describe of what that tick tock implies. As well as my thoughts about Weiss' position now and how I think it strengthens his hand in a plea negotiation on the same matters they were about to plea out before. And if he feels the need to take it to court, he's able to do so.

What I think you need to ask yourself is whether a Trump White House and Trump appointed AG would have allowed a US Attorney appointed by one's predecessor from another party continue in office when it would have been so easy to replace him with someone more 'loyal'? Would they have kept their hands off that prosecutor's decisions, and when he asked for Special Counsel status given it to him immediately, instead of dumping him? Heck, would a Trump in office not have simply pardoned his son for his past transgressions and said "move on, he's cleaned himself up and paid up, so nothing to see here?"

Now, in your heart of hearts, which path would you prefer a Department of Justice and POTUS take?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:54 pm Your hurdle is that if it’s not illegal, it’s not worth investigating. You are either a hypocrite or suffering from brain lesions.
Do you have a brain lesion that prevented you from noticing that the plea deal fell apart because the now elevated SC refused to grant immunity for other potential crimes still under investigation ? ...or is that you being a hypocrite ?

The plea deal fell apart because the Fed prosecutors would not guarantee to the Judge that they might not still investigate & charge further crimes.
No, it didn't. That issue was resolved in 10 minutes...Hunter was going to have to risk it and he agreed to it then and there...the deal fell apart because the judge was unwilling to be the arbiter as to whether Hunter violates his probation going forward and Hunter and his team are unwilling to trust a future MAGA GOP to not blow it up for no good cause. They trusted the judge.

And they couldn't resolve that in plea discussions subsequently...and so it's all back on the table. With Weiss having his hand strengthened by the threat of potential cases in different jurisdictions.

If you're going to ask others to be respectful of each other's views, and not snarky, tech.....
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:48 am

If you're going to ask others to be respectful of each other's views, and not snarky, tech.....
Oh please. You cannot be serious. Try giving people on your team some similar advice and maybe then I'll consider listening.

And you got things wrong again. I never agreed to your mea culpa re "tone" other than to agree that you in fact need to tone things down.

Mind boggling on your part.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm Oh please. You cannot be serious. Try giving people on your team some similar advice and maybe then I'll consider listening.
I'm not the one complaining about tone at the forum, my man. Never have. You're thinking of other posters. So long as you know it's not personal? I'm good, and have no problems dishing it out to those who dish it out to me and others.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm And you got things wrong again. I never agreed to your mea culpa re "tone" other than to agree that you in fact need to tone things down.

Easy to match your tone. You mock Mdlax for getting his information from MSNBC? It's better than tuning your TinFoilHat to channel 145, and hearing from a short wave radio guy that Weiss is protecting Joe Biden.

There. Perfect. One sentence of snark. ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:48 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm Oh please. You cannot be serious. Try giving people on your team some similar advice and maybe then I'll consider listening.
I'm not the one complaining about tone at the forum, my man. Never have. You're thinking of other posters. So long as you know it's not personal? I'm good, and have no problems dishing it out to those who dish it out to me and others.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:20 pm And you got things wrong again. I never agreed to your mea culpa re "tone" other than to agree that you in fact need to tone things down.
OK, I'll play this dumb little game for now. Show where I complained about tone...

Easy to match your tone. You mock Mdlax for getting his information from MSNBC?

Slow day a fan?
When were you elected forum gendarme?... (of all people).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:48 pm

Easy to match your tone. You mock Mdlax for getting his information from MSNBC? It's better than tuning your TinFoilHat to channel 145, and hearing from a short wave radio guy that Weiss is protecting Joe Biden.

There. Perfect. One sentence of snark. ;)
Wowsers, and all of the vitriol from the left whining and b***hing about people getting their information from FOX. I would say that as well tuned into FOX news as MD lax is he must watch the station frequently. It is amazing he hasn't been brainwashed like the rest of America. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:01 pm OK, I'll play this dumb little game for now. Show where I complained about tone...
tech37 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:48 pm Beers? No thanks. Just work on your "tone." :D
Let me guess: I'm supposed to read this differently, and "just work on your "tone"" doesn't really mean just work on your tone. I'm supposed to not take that literally, and instead, invent some alternative to what you mean here.

Dude. All I'm trying to do is make sure that posters understand this is a discussion site, and that no one has to take one word personally, and this has NOTHING to do with the offline world.

That's it. Nothing more. We're discussing current events and ideas.

And you're running me through the ringer for trying to communicate that to you. So long as you understand I'm commenting on your posts, and not you personally? We're good, and we don't have to bring this up ever again.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:21 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:01 pm OK, I'll play this dumb little game for now. Show where I complained about tone...
tech37 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:48 pm Beers? No thanks. Just work on your "tone." :D
Let me guess: I'm supposed to read this differently, and "just work on your "tone"" doesn't really mean just work on your tone. I'm supposed to not take that literally, and instead, invent some alternative to what you mean here.
:D That came well after you first brought up anything having to do with tone and you were remarking about yourself, so I thought. Here's what you first wrote re "tone":

"BTW......I want to make sure you're getting tone here----this is all in good fun, tech. You are welcome to your opinions, just as I am welcome to give you a hard time for them, and vice versa."

Dude. All I'm trying to do is make sure that posters understand this is a discussion site, and that no one has to take one word personally, and this has NOTHING to do with the offline world.

And you're running me through the ringer for trying to communicate that to you. "through the ringer"? good lord... So long as you understand I'm commenting on your posts, and not you personally? We're good, and we don't have to bring this up ever again.
Fine. Please don't bring it up again.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Ladies & germs of the forum... the previous conversation is how NOT to communicate!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:37 pm Ladies & germs of the forum... the previous conversation is how NOT to communicate!
Maybe try a private direct conversation rather than dragging everyone else into and through this dispute :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:44 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:37 pm Ladies & germs of the forum... the previous conversation is how NOT to communicate!
Maybe try a private direct conversation rather than dragging everyone else into and through this dispute :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
We're done. Apologies.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:46 am

MDLax is pointing out something different…. Old Soldier doesn’t believe people should be investigated unless they will be found guilty. He has said so himself. Trying to determine guilt or innocence is not what he expects. He only supports investigations to confirm guilt….that has been his position. Not much needs to be “cleaned up”. He’s a hypocrite like you are.
BS....I can vividly recall him arguing the opposite during the democratic hit job of Carter Page, and others, where he said "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime". You are here just to troll OS, might want to follow-up with your neurologist... ;)
Un huh. I have a good memory. I remember something you said a long time ago when I first started participating on this site…just as I remember my first encounter with Old Sailor….back when I was more anonymous. You don’t have any reason to remember. I do.
Selective memory for OS and I is a nice form of flattery.....appreciate the love.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:46 am

Un huh. I have a good memory. I remember something you said a long time ago when I first started participating on this site…just as I remember my first encounter with Old Sailor….back when I was more anonymous. You don’t have any reason to remember. I do.
Selective memory for OS and I is a nice form of flattery.....appreciate the love.
👌
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:21 pm

And you're running me through the ringer for trying to communicate that to you. So long as you understand I'm commenting on your posts, and not you personally? We're good, and we don't have to bring this up ever again.
Tone :lol:

how many times have you typed "teamtinfoilhat" and other such nonsense.

right....you're just having some fun fun.

my recent favorite, from afan....."wow, english...did you hit your head or something"

so classy.....next you know, you will tell us "coach" didn't cuckold me, because I was a college AA goalie (thanks dad).....but, just could never break out and be a first time IVy goalie :shock: :shock:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 am Old Soldier doesn’t believe people should be investigated unless they will be found guilty. He has said so himself. Trying to determine guilt or innocence is not what he expects. He only supports investigations to confirm guilt….that has been his position. Not much needs to be “cleaned up”. He’s a hypocrite like you are.
That's the standard any prosecutor will follow who is not a political hack using their power for political purposes.
They don't want to waste investigative resources when there is little to no chance of a conviction.

As more of their communications become public, it is becoming obvious what influenced Weiss & his team.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:34 am
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:11 am Durham was not elevated to SC until the end of (R) Trump's term when he was soon to be a member of (D) Biden's DoJ & probably turning over the CT US Atty job to a Biden (D) appointee.
So what? Both were doj insiders when appointed. Both overstayed their typical tenures when administrations turned over. And what about Patrick Fitzgerald’s appointment?

You need to find a new legal sage. McCarthy just feeds you trash. Like this:

In reality, Weiss remains a high-ranking Biden Justice Department official who is ineligible to be a special counsel — at least by regulation as opposed to Garland’s hocus-pocus. A special counsel is an attorney brought in from outside the government, while Weiss is the Delaware U.S. attorney.

That is just false/wrong. And whoppingly mis-leading. Since it overlooks two other SC appointments THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. Well not totally exactly the same -- since Durham and Fitzgerald were appointed by Republicans.

GMAFB Salty.
The timing of the elevation to SC matters. Barr held off on Durham until the very end of the Trump admin, shortly before there would be a conflict of interest. In hindsight, Barr should have elevated Weiss to SC at the same time he elevated Durham, for the same reason. The Biden political influence on Weiss is now becoming obvious as the communications of his team are being reported by the media (by Politico & the NYT, not Fox). Had Weiss been a SC from the start of Biden's term, he could have indicted Hunter in CA & DC, as he is finally now doing, before the SOL's run.. Weiss has still yet to explain why so many SOL's have & are being allowed to run.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 am Old Soldier doesn’t believe people should be investigated unless they will be found guilty. He has said so himself. Trying to determine guilt or innocence is not what he expects. He only supports investigations to confirm guilt….that has been his position. Not much needs to be “cleaned up”. He’s a hypocrite like you are.
That's the standard any prosecutor will follow who is not a political hack using their power for political purposes.
They don't want to waste investigative resources when there is little to no chance of a conviction.

As more of their communications become public, it is becoming obvious what influenced Weiss & his team.
You said you only investigate if the people will be found guilty…..like it is in Japan.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:40 pm

You said you only investigate if the people will be found guilty…..like it is in Japan.
Show my words, so I know specifically what investigations you are referring to.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:44 pm

It should not refer to any investigation in The United States of America
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:47 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:44 pm

It should not refer to any investigation in The United States of America
I'm not following you. What case in Japan are you referencing ?

Return to “POLITICS”