Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:28 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:16 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am The laptop issue is very simple. It is either HBs laptop or it is not. That is the most basic question that should be answered.
Not simple at all. I can put ANYTHING on a laptop. So can you. Not only do we not know it was his.....even if it was at some point...anyone can put anything they like on it that they want.

This is a non-story. October surprise. Dirty tricks.

We'll see more of this stuff in the future, sadly.
First post.......a non story.
Still is a non story. You figure out yet why you let Rudy Giuliani suppress your access to this supposed copy of Rudy's laptop yet, RRR?

Snowden and wikileaks put the info. out there for all to see, my man. Why didn't your hero Giuliani do that with Hunter's laptop contents, RRR?
My hero........idiotic

....guess you forgot all those times when you called me lefty liberal (rightfully so )....and Shirley Chisholm sleeping at our house when she was running for POTUSA.

Joe Biden and the pretends LOVE them some war machines. Good for the stock, don't ya know

non story, yet, here you are :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:23 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:04 pm It's me trying to answer your endless hectoring. I'm really getting sick of these incessant time machine whataboutisms, when you can't acknowledge changing circumstances based on events.
Dude, you JUST threw Biden's Afghanistan pull-out out of freaking nowhere into a discussion with Kismet about (checks notes) our freaking Space Program??.....and you're giving me grief for "time machine whataboutisms"? :lol:

How this: you stop doing it first.

That said, i'll tone it down. No problem.
Stop chopping up posts. If you examine his entire post to which I was responding, you will see that he made 3 points & I answered each in turn.
The space program was only one point & even more of an aside in his preceding post which initially raised the space program.

Protip Dude : when bigfooting into other users exchanges, read back to the beginning of their exchange.

You may be killing time, but you're wasting mine. There's other stuff I want to research. I'm out.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:33 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:40 am The laptop issue is very simple. It is either HBs laptop or it is not. That is the most basic question that should be answered.
Not simple at all. I can put ANYTHING on a laptop. So can you. Not only do we not know it was his.....even if it was at some point...anyone can put anything they like on it that they want.

Still is a non story. You figure out yet why you let Rudy Giuliani suppress your access to this supposed copy of Rudy's laptop yet, RRR?

Snowden and wikileaks put the info. out there for all to see, my man. Why didn't your hero Giuliani do that with Hunter's laptop contents, RRR?
My hero........idiotic
So I've given you months to think about it, and you STILL can't figure out how you let Giuliani fool you.

No one but Giuliani had the copy of the laptop when I made that post in Oct 2019, RRR. We had to take Giuliani's word for what he was telling us was Hunter's laptop. And you, naturally, took his word for it.

He did that to get the reaction you are STILL hilariously giving me here, after having five years to figure out that Giuliani took you for a ride.

How many more times do I have to explain this to you before you figure this out?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:54 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:33 pm

My hero........idiotic
So I've given you months to think about it, and you STILL can't figure out how you let Giuliani fool you.

No one but Giuliani had the copy of the laptop when I made that post in Oct 2019, RRR. We had to take Giuliani's word for what he was telling us was Hunter's laptop. And you, naturally, took his word for it.

He did that to get the reaction you are STILL hilariously giving me here, after having five years to figure out that Giuliani took you for a ride.

How many more times do I have to explain this to you before you figure this out? What NY POst story ? Can't find it on these threads. Anywhere, for that matter.
what the F are you talking about ? Took me for a ride, where?

Have zero idea WHAT Giuliani was saying was on the laptop. None. No one posted what Rudy said was on it, in these threads.

At this point, you are just making Shiite up.

you're right......censorship of ANY topic isn't a thing. Not ONE medical Doctor got censored. Not one.

I want your product (booze) banned. horrible for the global environment.

What IS the carbon footprint for making and shipping your heavy bottles?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Tech. The Politico piece sheds some light on the sc powers.

Weiss said he didn’t need sc powers so long as everyone was cooperating and things were heading towards a settlement. In that scenario, Weiss’ jurisdiction in de was sufficient to get the job done. Even though the crimes primarily happened in dc and ca. The subtext/assumption to all of that is that Weiss (right or wrong) didn’t see the case going to trial based on his investigation.

Once the plea deal breaks down, then Weiss immediately asks to be named sc and garland immediately agrees. Since now that he is going to trial and will bringing charges in places other than de, makes sense to me why Weiss wasn’t an sc before and now needs to be.

If Weiss had determined at any time to charge hb anywhere, he could have by asking garland for sc status. Which would have been granted toot suite.

So I’m convinced that Weiss and garland were truthful when they told congress Weiss was in charge and could do whatever he thought appropriate. TLDR, all this sc stuff is just inside doj technicalities. Not a cover up.

Good thing about sc is that Weiss is required to write a report. And garland has promised in advance to make that report public. Bottom line, Weiss and garland suck at cover ups. They also suck at clear communications.
Last edited by ggait on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:03 pm https://time.com/5902557/hunter-biden-r ... i-ukraine/

"Explicit photos and emails purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden were corruption are stored on a second laptop,” Derkach wrote. “These are not the last witnesses or the last laptop.”
That Russia-Trump team is pulling out all stops. Hopefully Iran launches a response!
Purportedly means real is what language?

arsewholian
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:00 pm Have zero idea WHAT Giuliani was saying was on the laptop. None.
I know you don't know. It's why I'm giving you a hard time.

As of Oct 2020, the time of my post, Rudy Giuliani was the only one who had a copy of Hunter's laptop, RRR. The NYTimes didn't have it. Wikileaks didn't have it. No MSM outlet, big or small, had it.

Get the problem now? Giuliani---to use your language----censored access to the copy of Hunter's laptop until after the election.

Know how folks heard about it, RRR? The NYPost, who ALSO didn't have access to the full copy of the laptop, but ONLY what Giuliani gave them...had writers who refused to sign their names to their own story because it all hinged on whether or not Giuliani was lying.

Get it now? So you come on here, not having, as you yourself admit, paid much attention to the story......and try and mock others for not believing a single word that Giuliani uttered.

Oh, and then claiming that media outlets who wouldn't believe Giuliani's silly game are "censoring" access.

Allll of this could have been avoided if Giulani just uploaded the thing to wikileaks, so that everyone could see it, and judge for themselves.

He didn't do that. He kept the contents until AFTER the election. And everyone, including you, fell for this little game of his....blaming everyone except Giulani--the one guy who had access to the copy of Hunter's laptop-----for "censorship".

Then when the NYTimes FINALLY got a copy of the thing? It took years to verify SOME of the documents as Hunter's, and the chain of custody needed to verify things was full on broken.

Next time? Pay attention.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Is this the Politico article being referenced above ? If accurate, it helps explains the Weiss SC seeming flip flop.
Hunter's lawyers shook things up threatening to call Pop Joe to testify :shock:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/1 ... e-00111974
It was Halloween of 2022, and Hunter Biden’s lawyer, Chris Clark, didn’t sound happy. Just three weeks earlier, news had leaked that federal agents believed they had enough evidence to charge his client with illegally buying a gun as a drug user.

The leak was “illegal,” the lawyer wrote to the U.S. attorney overseeing the probe. The prosecution, he argued, would be seen as purely political, and it might even violate the Second Amendment.

Then he issued a warning: If the Justice Department charged the president’s son, his lawyers would put the president on the witness stand.
“President Biden now unquestionably would be a fact witness for the defense in any criminal trial,” Clark wrote in a 32-page letter reviewed by POLITICO.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:24 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:00 pm Have zero idea WHAT Giuliani was saying was on the laptop. None.
I know you don't know. It's why I'm giving you a hard time.
Other posters referenced, over the months and months of this thread, the Rudy was spreading falsehoods.

Guess you missed the context, as per.

Turns out, it was his laptop

Now what ?

Just like corana.......this IS a non story.....yet, hear you are.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:52 pm Protip Dude : when bigfooting into other users exchanges, read back to the beginning of their exchange.

You may be killing time, but you're wasting mine. There's other stuff I want to research. I'm out.
I did read the beginning.

I'll hold to my end, and reel it in. No problem. Let's move on.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

I've got actual real life dirt on the Bush twins. They liked to party.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Is this the Politico article being referenced above ? If accurate, it helps explains the Weiss SC seeming flip flop.
Practicing criminal law ain't beanbag.

Gotta say, that was some inspired zealous advocacy and BS-calling on DOJ. Respect.

"Wait -- so you are actually trying to make me believe that you really want to try this case against my client? Really? Because I think you are full of shirt. But if you want to try my client, buckle up buttercup. Because my client is constitutionally entitled to put on a defense. Which means that you are going to have to cross-examine the sitting president of the United States. Make my day you little pissant Assistant USA. GFY."

Funny thing is, that threat is still there. Since Weiss now purports to take this matter to trial.

Personally, I think Weiss is bluffing and will eventually settle. Seems pretty bogus of Weiss to sign the plea deal (which to my eyes was pretty clear on the immunity point) and then have his assistant deny in court what it said and what was apparently agreed to in writing.

Like I said before, I see HB getting his chain yanked more than getting a sweetheart deal.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 am
Practicing criminal law ain't beanbag.

Gotta say, that was some inspired zealous advocacy and BS-calling on DOJ. Respect.

"Wait -- so you are actually trying to make me believe that you really want to try this case against my client? Really? Because I think you are full of shirt. But if you want to try my client, buckle up buttercup. Because my client is constitutionally entitled to put on a defense. Which means that you are going to have to cross-examine the sitting president of the United States. Make my day you little pissant Assistant USA. GFY."

Funny thing is, that threat is still there. Since Weiss now purports to take this matter to trial.

Personally, I think Weiss is bluffing and will eventually settle. Seems pretty bogus of Weiss to sign the plea deal (which to my eyes was pretty clear on the immunity point) and then have his assistant deny in court what it said and what was apparently agreed to in writing.

Like I said before, I see HB getting his chain yanked more than getting a sweetheart deal.
I still don't get why HB did not voluntarily make good on his 2014-15 tax bill before the SOL ran.
Then it would not look like he was trying to get away with anything & would have taken the spotlight off 2 of the years when he had the most dubious income. Paying his baby momma off before getting dragged into court for a media circus didn't help.
He didn't make it easy for Weiss to quietly cut him a good deal.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Former IRS agent Martin Sheil offers his perspective on what’s next in the Hunter Biden case. Felony tax charges and a plea deal to avoid an acquittal at trial.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... l-doj.html

AS for HB, apparently not the brightest bulb and a user which often offers some rationale for shoddy behavior.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:22 am Former IRS agent Martin Sheil offers his perspective on what’s next in the Hunter Biden case. Felony tax charges and a plea deal to avoid an acquittal at trial.

AS for HB, apparently not the brightest bulb and a user which often offers some rationale for shoddy behavior.
"Simply stated, can Weiss prove that Biden, in the grip of alcoholism and addiction, possessed the requisite level of criminal intent to concoct and commit a tax fraud scheme over a period of years to willfully defraud the IRS? That is the crux of the matter that would go before a court and jury, likely in California, where the tax crimes were committed or where the taxes should have been paid, should the special counsel go ahead with his indictment and the Biden legal team opt to take its chances in trial instead of negotiating a plea."

"prove" ? Such BS... certainly not the "crux of the matter." This coming from an ex IRS agent?

"in the grip of alcoholism and addiction" is specious at best. He either paid his taxes or he didn't. "intent" ? HA!

And then there's politics. Again, no one but the wealthy and connected with high profile lawyers gets this sort of consideration.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:55 am
"prove" ? Such BS... certainly not the "crux of the matter." This coming from an ex IRS agent?

"in the grip of alcoholism and addiction" is specious at best. He either paid his taxes or he didn't. "intent" ? HA!

And then there's politics. Again, no one but the wealthy and connected with high profile lawyers gets this sort of consideration.
That is the legal standard which should apply to everybody. Not everybody who skips out on their taxes gets charged criminally - in fact, most don't and make arrangements to pay them plus interest and penalty. That said, IMHO there is going to be another plea deal here before it's all over. The suggestion in the article seems plausible and I'm no fan of HB in the least. Weasel and dirtbag for sure. As someone who has real experience with a family member using I didn't find the experience at all "specious". :cry:

The author is an former IRS agent and his opinion certainly caries some credibility certainly since you seem to apply a different standard to the other IRS agents in this case.

Wealth and connection go well beyond this case (just look around at all the other connected folks now looking at criminal charges). Don't you agree?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Of course there will be another plea bargain.

Still somewhat puzzled by what/why Weiss was thinking when he welshed on the prior one. Weiss blew that up, not the judge. Weird.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:38 am Wealth and connection go well beyond this case (just look around at all the other connected folks now looking at criminal charges). Don't you agree?
Yep. It's why the Jan 6th folks are sitting in the can, after having admitted that they were played by ol' Trump....and Trump's cronies are unlikely to spend a day in prison.

This, btw, is part of BLM's message...they don't live with the same criminal justice system that other Americans enjoy.

TrumpNation and progressives are on the same team....they just have to figure that out, and our nation can FINALLY get out of the mess we're in.

I remain optimistic. It just requires thinking on their part.....

You can bet the Fed Prosecutors who have to, as I understand it, prove Trump's state of mind and/or intent in the documents case are sweating through their clothes right now. Trump has avoided prison all these years because he's rich. It has nothing to do with innocence or guilty.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:22 am Former IRS agent Martin Sheil offers his perspective on what’s next in the Hunter Biden case. Felony tax charges and a plea deal to avoid an acquittal at trial.

"Simply stated, can Weiss prove that Biden, in the grip of alcoholism and addiction, possessed the requisite level of criminal intent to concoct and commit a tax fraud scheme over a period of years to willfully defraud the IRS? That is the crux of the matter that would go before a court and jury, likely in California, where the tax crimes were committed or where the taxes should have been paid, should the special counsel go ahead with his indictment and the Biden legal team opt to take its chances in trial instead of negotiating a plea."

A guy that lived on the other side of town had listed his home for $55MM.....at the same time he was arrested for trying to pass a fake prescription at a pharmacy. The fact that he didn't send a groundskeeper down there to pick it up let me know that he wasn't thinking straight because of the grip of a drug addiction..... but you go ahead and take Hunter's word about "big guy" as "true" but not anything else..... seems stupid to me.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'm not sure how you think our justice system works or should work.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution to persuade a judge or jury, if so elected by the defendant, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant committed the crime charged. Or do you think that such burden is not or should not be on the prosecution??

And yes, for most crimes intent matters a ton as to what level of crime was committed (eg felony levels or misdemeanor) and whether the crime charged was the appropriate charge. Or do you think intent doesn't or shouldn't matter??

Again, burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove all elements of the crime charged.

Here in the US and throughout most western democracies, we purposely tilt the burden this way because otherwise the individual, including the innocent, would be at the mercy of the state entirely...pretty fundamental part of our system to protect the innocent, even if that means some guilty parties go free.

If this goes to trial, the defense will undoubtedly argue that Hunter did not have the requisite intent to commit a crime, the prosecution will try to prove that he did. The mere existence of non-payment does of course establish such fact, but not the intent behind it.

Clearly you are of a pre-set mindset that of course he intended to commit the crime and, therefore, if so, it would be inappropriate for you to serve on a jury with such pre-set, as you haven't heard the defense presented nor heard witness testimony, nor seen what the prosecution has beyond the mere existence of non-payment. But your reaction is certainly a natural one and undoubtedly many prospective jurors will share that mindset going in, even if they don't admit it during voir dire...the question is whether they will have open enough minds to consider the alternative, and form a reasonable doubt in that process.

And the prosectors know this, right now, as they consider taking this before a jury. So, unless they have some strong documentation and/or testimony about Hunter's criminal intent, they know they risk losing at trial if a single juror forms that reasonable doubt.

So, if they don't have high confidence in their evidence convincing all of the jury, their incentives are to charge a lower crime and/or accept a plea for a lower crime. The plea locks it down.

And as others have pointed out, it's actually rare that when taxes are ultimately paid, that more than some fines and penalties are assessed. It's typically only when the taxpayer has not only egregiously avoided taxes but also refused to pay them with penalties, contesting the matter, that prosecutions are brought.

And, contrary to your speculation about the "wealthy and connected", the IRS and DOJ like to bring cases involving high profile, egregious cases so as to send a message. But not if the taxpayer makes good, those get settled...smaller cases where the taxpayer makes good are almost never prosecuted.

Complicated cases with lots of layers, challenges around proof of intent, are where the very rich and connected do have a serious advantage versus the schlubs like you and me. They typically have mountains of papering making their tax avoidance plausibly legal, or at least very hard to unravel, having spent millions on tax accountants and lawyers to create plausible protections, or someone else to point the finger at...

But that's not the situation here.

There is another high profile situation, though, that fits that category... ;)

Return to “POLITICS”