Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:17 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:35 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:15 pm Now that he’s a special counsel, Weiss is required to explain his charging decisions in a report that garland has pledged to make public.

Seems like Weiss is inviting extra visibility and transparency.

If Weiss was covering anything up, asking to be made an sc seems like the last thing you would want to do.

Maybe the deep state doesn’t know how cover ups are supposed to work?
I find the idea that ANYONE would jeopardize their career to save Hunter Biden a few dollars or jailtime utterly hilarious, let alone a Republican like Weiss.

None of these nonsense claims make a lick of sense. And every poster here wants Hunter to serve whatever sentence is right. It sucks that he had someone pay his tab, but unfortunately, that's not illegal. It's just gross, but we can't do anything about that.
"Republican like Weiss"? You keep saying it along with "Trump appointed" as if either matters. Ever hear of Never Trumpers? They're all Republicans a fan.

And "saving Hunter" is not the end. Protecting Joe is.
So...Weiss has all along secretly been a "Never Trumper", and the Trump folks and Trump himself blew it when they appointed him and not some MAGA type, Biden and Dem hater, like them?

That's your theory? Barr too???

And hey, not just that, Weiss is secretly "Protecting Joe"???

And he drinks the blood of children?
imo -- Barr came back, not to save Trump, but to save the DoJ. He felt they had badly overreached with Crossfire Hurricane & the Mueller SC investigation. Then he clashed with Trump at the end when he felt that Trump was trying to misuse the DoJ. I still think he's trying to salvage his vision of a DOJ that does not influence electoral politics or overreach.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:02 pm
Weiss asking to be made an SC would be the last thing Weiss would want to do if his aim was to protect Joe.

So tell me why Weiss would ask for that? And why Garland would agree?

Can you even come up with one lame conspiracy theory explaining that move?

I'm all ears 37.
:lol: Conspiracy of course! What is lame is the same people on this board continuing to call anything they don't like, conspiracy.

Bank records... IRS whistleblowers... Bobulinski/Archer testimony... botched plea deal... it's all just conspiracy!

"So tell me why Weiss would ask for that? And why Garland would agree?" Seriously ggait?... to continue to have control.

Just imagine if Garland had exercised good faith and had actually appointed an objective SC. Not so good for CYA.

Someone lied about Weiss's jurisdiction. My guess, Garland. Conspiracy! Conspiracy!
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:02 pm I tend to believe the IRS Whistleblowers. Do you ? To me, they're the most credible.
They put it all on the line coming forward. Everything to lose, nothing to gain.
Of course I believe them!

1. they complained about Barr, and you don't care about that. Barr gets a full pass from you.
2. these are accountants, not lawyers. They are in no position to understand the law, sorry.
3. slow rolling the investigation, as they claim, HURTS Joe
4. a plea deal, by definition, has both parties give a little. No need for tinfoil hats.
5. you've moved the goalposts.....where these "TinFoil issues" discussion started, you and others were claiming that "The Biden Administration" was protecting Joe.
6. now, after pages of reasonable posts from me, you have acknowledged that thee are no "other felonies" committed by Hunter, and Joe isn't involved.
7. so we have now moved on to where you're on the hook for explaining how any of this protects Joe, while at the same time, figuring out that Weiss has to be "in on it"....so you're searching for how that happened.
8. now you FINALLY understand, this is 100% on Trump's own man, Weiss. Blame him. There's your Deep State-----as is nearly always the case, one of Trump's own men, and a lifelong Republican. Blame your party for this corruption so we can move on.
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:02 pm To me, that's more convincing than your uninformed speculation on why Barr didn't direct Weiss to indict before the election & campaign when he felt that the investigation was not yet complete & there was still plenty of time remaining on the SOL.
:lol: Not what I said in that line of thought.

What I was responding to in that particular post was your notion that Barr knew that when he left, the Deep State would let Hunter off the hook. If you believe that (which it turns out, even YOU don't) Barr would be negligent if he didn't indict Hunter before "letting the Deep State corruption protect Hunter".

The fact that he didn't do that, and instead told the world that he was satisfied with Weiss' work, tells you that Bill Barr doesn't believe in your Deep State, either.

That's it. That's all that line of thinking was about.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:12 pm Just imagine if Garland had exercised good faith and had actually appointed an objective SC. Not so good for CYA.
:lol: And who would that be?

TeamTinFoil won't go on record as to who is "neutral", Tech. They wait to see the outcome. If they like the outcome? Oh, that guy is a straight shooter. If they don't? Oh, that guy's CLEARLY Deep State. :roll: How do you not see this silly game?

Trump, as I said...... appointed Weiss, a lifelong Republican, and that's not good enough for you and TeamTinFoilHat? Seriously?

Bill Barr moved the case to both Delaware and DC, putting Weiss in charge, to the objection of the whistleblowers. Is Bill Barr "in on it", Tech?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:06 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm "Republican like Weiss"? You keep saying it along with "Trump appointed" as if either matters. Ever hear of Never Trumpers? They're all Republicans a fan.
You're not going through the logic, Tech. If you did, you'd see how absurd these claims are:
OK, we'll go with your logic a fan... that always works for me :D

- Trump himself appointed (drumroll) someone who you are now claiming hates him, and is a never Trumper. This opinion is based on (drumroll) nothing.
I didn't claim anything, did I? Once again, I simply pointed out to you that you can be Republican and anti-Trump at the same time. Weiss was picked by the DE governor and approved by Trump. That's a little different. If Trump had had a problem with the governor's choice, he could have vetoed the choice.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm And "saving Hunter" is not the end. Protecting Joe is.
Now you're on the hook for explaining why they didn't end the case in 2021, when no one cared, and three years for the election.

:D On the hook? a fan's hook? You and OS can banter over Barr. Amazingly OS has patiently tried to present facts in order to ease your Barr obsession. That said, I look forward to Barr testifying... I hope he does. Barr is a rare straight shooter IMO.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:17 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:35 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:15 pm Now that he’s a special counsel, Weiss is required to explain his charging decisions in a report that garland has pledged to make public.

Seems like Weiss is inviting extra visibility and transparency.

If Weiss was covering anything up, asking to be made an sc seems like the last thing you would want to do.

Maybe the deep state doesn’t know how cover ups are supposed to work?
I find the idea that ANYONE would jeopardize their career to save Hunter Biden a few dollars or jailtime utterly hilarious, let alone a Republican like Weiss.

None of these nonsense claims make a lick of sense. And every poster here wants Hunter to serve whatever sentence is right. It sucks that he had someone pay his tab, but unfortunately, that's not illegal. It's just gross, but we can't do anything about that.
"Republican like Weiss"? You keep saying it along with "Trump appointed" as if either matters. Ever hear of Never Trumpers? They're all Republicans a fan.

So...Weiss has all along secretly been a "Never Trumper", and the Trump folks and Trump himself blew it when they appointed him and not some MAGA type, Biden and Dem hater, like them?

That's your theory? Barr too???

And hey, not just that, Weiss is secretly "Protecting Joe"???

And he drinks the blood of children?
imo -- Barr came back, not to save Trump, but to save the DoJ. He felt they had badly overreached with Crossfire Hurricane & the Mueller SC investigation. Then he clashed with Trump at the end when he felt that Trump was trying to misuse the DoJ. I still think he's trying to salvage his vision of a DOJ that does not influence electoral politics or overreach.
that's an extremely generous read of Barr's intent, one that Barr of course would promote as well, and may well want to convince himself of too...but his actions were pretty darn reprehensible in his manipulations on behalf of Trump and his cronies who definitely committed crimes. And he was quite cowardly down the back stretch when he did at least reach a breaking point in what he would do on behalf of Trump, it was bridge simply too far... but then he didn't come forward until he'd made money from a book to start actually speaking out...and, post book, trying to salvage his personal reputation.

But I think you're correct as to what he tells himself when he looks in the mirror...

My take is that Barr is not entirely evil, certainly doesn't want to think of himself as corrupted, but was taken in by the right wing sphere he was mired in... I think that's the case for a lot of people who are slowly coming somewhat to their senses...but it's darn hard as all the incentives have been pushing them the other way...
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm I didn't claim anything, did I?
Correct. You implied things. And then played dumb after you did. ;) Mea culpa.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm Once again, I simply pointed out to you that you can be Republican and anti-Trump at the same time. Weiss was picked by the DE governor and approved by Trump. That's a little different. If Trump had had a problem with the governor's choice, he could have vetoed the choice.

:lol: Yep. It's also possible that Weiss came from outerspace. You got me on that one.

What I'm asking you is to be reasonable: what are the odds that a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is going to hide felonies Hunter committed to protect Joe, risking his career to do so?

Can you at least admit that the odds are infinitesimal? Or is that a bridge too far for you? ;)

The logic and odds don't work for this conspiracy, sorry.

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm And "saving Hunter" is not the end. Protecting Joe is.
Now you're on the hook for explaining why they didn't end the case in 2021, when no one cared, and three years for the election.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm:D On the hook? a fan's hook?
YOUR hook. You're the one that's claiming----this time directly----that Weiss is protecting Joe Biden.

How does dragging a simple investigation on for five years, "coincidentally" during the campaign season of 2023 help Joe Biden?

(it doesn't....there goes another theory, sorry mate)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:36 pm What I'm asking you is to be reasonable: what are the odds that a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is going to hide felonies Hunter committed to protect Joe, risking his career to do so?
Per the WB's, he was being constrained by the DoJ. By then, that CoC was Monaco-->Garland.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm "Republican like Weiss"? You keep saying it along with "Trump appointed" as if either matters. Ever hear of Never Trumpers? They're all Republicans a fan.
You're not going through the logic, Tech. If you did, you'd see how absurd these claims are:

- Trump himself appointed (drumroll) someone who you are now claiming hates him, and is a never Trumper. This opinion is based on (drumroll) nothing.
I didn't claim anything, did I? Once again, I simply pointed out to you that you can be Republican and anti-Trump at the same time. Weiss was picked by the DE governor and approved by Trump. That's a little different. If Trump had had a problem with the governor's choice, he could have vetoed the choice.

:D On the hook? a fan's hook? You and OS can banter over Barr. Amazingly OS has patiently tried to present facts in order to ease your Barr obsession. That said, I look forward to Barr testifying... I hope he does. Barr is a rare straight shooter IMO.
you are 100% correct that one can be a lifelong Republican and be absolutely and unequivocally opposed to Donald Trump's candidacy.

But you implied that of Weiss, which is a bit preposterous, unless of course you're assuming that Trump and Barr regularly appointed true-blue anti-Trumpers to US Attorney positions. :roll:

It is also definitely not true that John Carney, Governor of Delaware and a former teammate and fraternity brother of mine, chose Weiss for the job. There is No role for Governors in selection. They aren't asked, nor would it matter what they thought. What IS true is that neither of the Democrat Delaware Senators vetoed his confirmation by the Senate, as they could have done if they thought he was an unqualified choice on the merits. He WAS qualified, he'd been in that office quite awhile, successfully prosecuting violent and white collar crimes, and was the acting US Attorney when Trump nominated him. And yes, he'd been a Republican for a long time. But hadn't been highly partisan, nor run for office.

Weiss was chosen by Barr and nominated by Trump, period.
Not a "little different", a lot different.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:47 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:36 pm What I'm asking you is to be reasonable: what are the odds that a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is going to hide felonies Hunter committed to protect Joe, risking his career to do so?
Per the WB's, he was being constrained by the DoJ. By then, that CoC was Monaco-->Garland.
So...he's been lying to Congress.... :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:50 pm
So...he's been lying to Congress.... :roll:
...or he was lying to the WB's. They, & others, took notes at the meeting. Do you not believe the WB's ?

Weiss still needs to come before the House & clear this up, for him to have any credibility as a SC.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:36 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm Once again, I simply pointed out to you that you can be Republican and anti-Trump at the same time. Weiss was picked by the DE governor and approved by Trump. That's a little different. If Trump had had a problem with the governor's choice, he could have vetoed the choice.

:lol: Yep. It's also possible that Weiss came from outerspace. You got me on that one.

What I'm asking you is to be reasonable: what are the odds that a lifelong Republican and Trump appointee is going to hide felonies Hunter committed to protect Joe, risking his career to do so?
:D Sure... because you're SO reasonable! So you believe Weiss plans to vote for Trump?

The logic and odds don't work for this conspiracy, sorry.
I'm sorry too a fan.
OS explained this to you and I agree. Go back and read it again or just disagree, move on, and let's see where this all leads.
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:29 pm:D On the hook? a fan's hook?
YOUR hook. You're the one that's claiming----this time directly----that Weiss is protecting Joe Biden.
Garland is protecting Joe. Weiss takes his lead from Garland. Not much of a conspiracy, so again, sorry a fan.

How does dragging a simple investigation on for five years, "coincidentally" during the campaign season of 2023 help Joe Biden?
Go read OS's explanations. He has provided exhaustive answers for you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

We HAVE to be doing the thing where we are talking past each other, OS. I'm just.....lost.

You JUST wrote this:
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:26 pm I keep telling you -- I'm not playing your silly game. It's obvious you've never been a member of a large, multi-layered bureaucracy if you think the guy at the top can micro-manage every detail, especially when you have policy, guidelines, & potential leakers & whistle blowers watching your every move.
This paragraph tells me that you think that the DoJ means Weiss, and Weiss alone. That it's IMPOSSIBLE for Barr, Monaco, and Garland to----in your words "micromanage every detail".

Which means you're putting this 100% at Weiss' feet. He's the guy investigating Hunter for the DoJ.

So....why are you bringing up "Monaco--> Garland", after mocking me for daring to think the AG knows anything about Weiss's progress?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:49 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:28 pm

you are 100% correct that one can be a lifelong Republican and be absolutely and unequivocally opposed to Donald Trump's candidacy.

But you implied that of Weiss, which is a bit preposterous, unless of course you're assuming that Trump and Barr regularly appointed true-blue anti-Trumpers to US Attorney positions. :roll:

It is also definitely not true that John Carney, Governor of Delaware and a former teammate and fraternity brother of mine, chose Weiss for the job. There is No role for Governors in selection. They aren't asked, nor would it matter what they thought. What IS true is that neither of the Democrat Delaware Senators vetoed his confirmation by the Senate, as they could have done if they thought he was an unqualified choice on the merits. He WAS qualified, he'd been in that office quite awhile, successfully prosecuting violent and white collar crimes, and was the acting US Attorney when Trump nominated him. And yes, he'd been a Republican for a long time. But hadn't been highly partisan, nor run for office.

Weiss was chosen by Barr and nominated by Trump, period.
Not a "little different", a lot different.
Right. I meant DE senators, not Gov... stand corrected!

"It’s true that Sens. Tom Carper and Chris Coons, both Democrats, played a part in selecting Weiss, because of a longstanding Senate policy that allows home-state senators to sign off on presidential appointments of U.S. attorneys.

But Weiss is a registered Republican, according to news reports, who was ultimately nominated by Trump and approved unanimously by Democrats and Republicans alike in a voice vote."
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 pm Garland is protecting Joe. Weiss takes his lead from Garland. Not much of a conspiracy, so again, sorry a fan.
That's great! You and OS want to put that stake in the ground finally? Awesome. You can't move it now.

This means Weiss is "in on it". Which is EXACTLY what I've been telling OS, despite his many protests. This conspiracy of yours cannot happen without Weiss.

I'm 100% cool with this theory. I think it's nuts, but it is not logically impossible like the other half-wit theories being thrown around.

We good now? On the same page?
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 pm Go read OS's explanations. He has provided exhaustive answers for you.
No, he didn't. He dodged the direct question. And so did you.

Do a half-*ssed investigation, and end it in 2021. THAT would help Hunter. This nonsense is HURTING Joe.

How hard is it for a reasonable American to figure out the BEST outcome for Joe Biden? Not Hunter...but for Joe Biden, who is running for President?

Ya ready?

Hunter is thrown in jail in 2021, Joe comes out and says "no one is above the law", as Hunter does his perp walk. Hunter does his four years in Club Fed, and is out after the election, when no one cares. Best possible outcome, without question.

I find it HILARIOUS that you're trying to sell that what happened helps Joe in any way. I don't believe that you believe that for even a second, sorry.

But.....you do you. ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:04 pm
We HAVE to be doing the thing where we are talking past each other, OS. I'm just.....lost.

You JUST wrote this:
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:26 pm I keep telling you -- I'm not playing your silly game. It's obvious you've never been a member of a large, multi-layered bureaucracy if you think the guy at the top can micro-manage every detail, especially when you have policy, guidelines, & potential leakers & whistle blowers watching your every move.
This paragraph tells me that you think that the DoJ means Weiss, and Weiss alone. That it's IMPOSSIBLE for Barr, Monaco, and Garland to----in your words "micromanage every detail".

Which means you're putting this 100% at Weiss' feet. He's the guy investigating Hunter for the DoJ.

So....why are you bringing up "Monaco--> Garland", after mocking me for daring to think the AG knows anything about Weiss's progress?
Telling Weiss to charge it as a felony is not micro-managing the details. That's a big decision.

For Barr -- I was referring to all the details of the investigation that had to be done before taking it to a Grand Jury, like validating the FD-1023 .
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:13 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 pm Garland is protecting Joe. Weiss takes his lead from Garland. Not much of a conspiracy, so again, sorry a fan.
That's great! You and OS want to put that stake in the ground finally? Awesome. You can't move it now.

This means Weiss is "in on it". Which is EXACTLY what I've been telling OS, despite his many protests. This conspiracy of yours cannot happen without Weiss.

I'm 100% cool with this theory. I think it's nuts, but it is not logically impossible like the other half-wit theories being thrown around.

Not really. How do you explain the mounting evidence against the Bidens (that includes the Big Guy of course)?

You 100% cool with all of that too?
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:58 pm Go read OS's explanations. He has provided exhaustive answers for you.
No, he didn't. He dodged the direct question. And so did you.

Do a half-*ssed investigation, and end it in 2021. THAT would help Hunter. This nonsense is HURTING Joe.

How hard is it for a reasonable American to figure out the BEST outcome for Joe Biden? Not Hunter...but for Joe Biden, who is running for President?

Ya ready?

Hunter is thrown in jail in 2021, Joe comes out and says "no one is above the law", as Hunter does his perp walk. Hunter does his four years in Club Fed, and is out after the election, when no one cares. Best possible outcome, without question.

I find it HILARIOUS that you're trying to sell that what happened helps Joe in any way. I don't believe that you believe that for even a second, sorry.

But.....you do you. ;)
No, that would not have been a good game plan for either Biden. The game plan, (which they almost pulled off, & still may) is what Andy McCarthy & I have been telling you for months -- to let Hunter off with a misdemeanor plea & no jail time.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:16 pm Telling Weiss to charge it as a felony is not micro-managing the details. That's a big decision.
Agreed.

But....

1. this means that Weiss needs to be "in on it". Weiss has to think that a felony was warranted, and Garland told him not to do that, and Weiss believes this was a corrupt ask, and hasn't gone public about this corruption. If that's your theory? Great. That at least makes logical sense.

2. that means that you don't believe that Weiss is hiding "other" major felonies Hunter committed from public view. Do I have that right?

3. this also means that you don't think Bill Barr is hiding "other" major felonies Hunter committed from public view. Do I have that right?

Thanks
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:21 pm

Not really.
Ok. Then tell me how this conspiracy happens without Weiss. Reasonable question, tech.

Return to “POLITICS”