ODAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
thescottharris

Re: ODAC

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 pm
thescottharris wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:06 pm Man, I said W&L would smoke Roanoke but good lord, not even Davies with the NES God mode cheat code would have given them a chance with that lack of offensive production.

How did Roanoke manage to get such little dynamic offensive playmakers that they can't be anything close to a decent offense if Sarro isn't on the field? I know he is an elite talent but the Roanoke of old would still be sporting a high caliber offense even without their best player because they were that deep with offensive talent. In their six Sarro-less games they have scored 3, 6, 16 (Shenandoah), 5, 9 (in overtime), and 3. They also only managed to get just 7 goals in the last three quarters against H-SC, the game in which he got injured.

Hampden-Sydney is rolling out a bunch of freshmen and sophomores all over the place and consistently produces a better offense than a Roanoke team whose top 10 scorers features 8 juniors and seniors. Hampden-Sydney has just six junior/senior offensive players who have managed to contribute 2+ points this year, and two of those only do it during garbage time.
I’m anticipating that HSC could be a Force next year in the ODAC, worse case maybe ranked third in preseason poll. Still a young team and by this time next season could make some noise. Well coached group. Hope they take Lynchburg to about 9 OT’s tonight. In fairness at what time would they have to call the game tonight or more likely play it out but be required to push the final to Sunday.
It's a small storm front based on what I heard on the local Lynchburg news.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 pm
thescottharris wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:06 pm Man, I said W&L would smoke Roanoke but good lord, not even Davies with the NES God mode cheat code would have given them a chance with that lack of offensive production.

How did Roanoke manage to get such little dynamic offensive playmakers that they can't be anything close to a decent offense if Sarro isn't on the field? I know he is an elite talent but the Roanoke of old would still be sporting a high caliber offense even without their best player because they were that deep with offensive talent. In their six Sarro-less games they have scored 3, 6, 16 (Shenandoah), 5, 9 (in overtime), and 3. They also only managed to get just 7 goals in the last three quarters against H-SC, the game in which he got injured.

Hampden-Sydney is rolling out a bunch of freshmen and sophomores all over the place and consistently produces a better offense than a Roanoke team whose top 10 scorers features 8 juniors and seniors. Hampden-Sydney has just six junior/senior offensive players who have managed to contribute 2+ points this year, and two of those only do it during garbage time.
I’m anticipating that HSC could be a Force next year in the ODAC, worse case maybe ranked third in preseason poll. Still a young team and by this time next season could make some noise. Well coached group. Hope they take Lynchburg to about 9 OT’s tonight. In fairness at what time would they have to call the game tonight or more likely play it out but be required to push the final to Sunday.
Perhaps so. Defense is still going to be really young, but there are some defensive freshmen coming in next year they are really high on.

This year, especially with the youth all over the roster, has really shown the effects of how a school should NOT handle letting a coach go. It was really tough to recruit that year when Coach Ray Rostan announced he was "retiring" at the beginning of the school year and the school decided to wait until after the spring to conduct the search for his replacement. Despite that, the Tigers have weathered it pretty well to finish 3rd!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Well warmups now pushed to 8:26...
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

This is an absolute W&L conspiracy. What did the 49ers do when they couldn’t beat the ravens in the super bowl? Turned off the light. W&L shaking in their bow ties over a rematch with the burg tomorrow so they are making up this “lightning delay.” Whatever we will eat it. Punch those HSC frat stars in the mouth tonight then come back for dinner tomorrow!
After the beat down which will ensue momentarily expect a lot of daddy’s lawyers to be accusing the bugs of assault! Let it rain baby and as always go burg! Buzz buzz
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Warmups still not started. Seems like the storm has decided to slow down and is kind of settled over Lexington. So who the hell knows what is going to happen.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

thescottharris wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 pm Warmups still not started. Seems like the storm has decided to slow down and is kind of settled over Lexington. So who the hell knows what is going to happen.
Perfect example of why I always hated when the ODAC would wait until the last day to wrap up championships (though not the case with men's lax this year). Gives you zero margin for error for weather or anything else that can force long delays. Now in the event this game has to be pushed to Saturday they can just move the title game to Sunday.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Game has been postponed to tomorow at 2 pm. Will be played at Lynchburg (I don't know why).

Championship game will now be Sunday at 1 pm, still at W&L of course.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

thescottharris wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:43 pm Game has been postponed to tomorow at 2 pm. Will be played at Lynchburg (I don't know why).

Championship game will now be Sunday at 1 pm, still at W&L of course.
Total W&L homer here but since Lynchburg is the higher seed and with the trip over the mountains I think that’s a fair decision. They get a home game at least then play W&L (I’m going to assume )who will have 1 full days rest as opposed them having none. That OT win just became even more valuable. Great opportunity for a light walk thru tomorrow in prep for Sunday! Team D was excellent last outing holding Lombardo and Rodgers to 3 on 20 shots will need to duplicate last games effort
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Sat May 04, 2019 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Now I get to watch the game in person and I get paid to work it too. Thanks weather.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Nice win yesterday. NOKE just having a down year or in a downward spiral?
HSC seems to be stocked with young talent and agree they can be a serious team next year and beyond.
W&L gets rest but more importantly they get to run thru film, scouting and game plan for LYN (barring an upset of course)
The delay favors the Gennies Imho but it comes down to grit..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:27 am Nice win yesterday. NOKE just having a down year or in a downward spiral?
HSC seems to be stocked with young talent and agree they can be a serious team next year and beyond.
W&L gets rest but more importantly they get to run thru film, scouting and game plan for LYN (barring an upset of course)
The delay favors the Gennies Imho but it comes down to grit..
😂 Not a Noke fan but I’m hoping it’s just a down year.The ODAC needs the top 4 traditional teams to not just hold serve but improve. All 4 need to be top 20 contenders at a minimum. I personally don’t have a lot of faith in the bottom half of the conference to show a lot of improvement, not sure the commitment is there on the school’s part making lax a priority. Notice I’m saying the schools, not the players. From what I’ve seen despite a disparity in talent the effort is certainly there on game day on the players part. The lower tier programs have higher turnovers in coaching staffs which makes it difficult to develop consistency in team development. So my hope is the top 4 programs continue to strengthen keeping the league healthy while maybe a fifth team might emerge and become a real threat. Maybe the ODAC could rise to the level of the Centennial
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Markedly better game for H-SC today, improvement in all facets of the game. Score may have ended up being nearly the same as last week, but the Tigers were in it for three quarter, even leading 6-5 at one point.

And FYI, stats are not totally accurate as of now, some technical difficulties happened at halftime and wiped out all the stats in the last 6:50 of the 2nd quarter.

Tigers are going to be a force for the next 2-3 years. Lose just one offensive player in the regular rotation in John Burke and two first-line defenseman in John Kline on close D and Anton Kheirani at the pole. Literally everyone else who is in the regular rotation is projected to be back. Tigers may not be the most experienced in terms of years but I would make an educated guess that not another team in the league will return as much of their regular rotation players as Hampden-Sydney does.
Dehuntshigwa’es

HSC has set the table for the next two years. W&L loses only one offensive player but it’s a big one. Where they will take a real hit is at LSM, ssdm and 2 close Men. They will be fine at lsm and ssdm with guys coming up, face off duties and net minding will be the same. Will be even better at midfield. The big question will be with the best team in 20 years how is it that an NCAA appearance is in jeopardy
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Good luck to Lynchburg tomorrow!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

And congratulations to John Burke, becomes just the third player in school history to get 80+ points in a season while also breaking the season assist record! He had a tumultuous start to this career at H-SC, playing just two games as a highly touted freshman while missing all of the next season, but he perservered and became a truly outstanding player.

He surpassed Jay Rostan in career points today, Jay just keeps falling down the record books, going to have to stop recruiting so many good offensive players!
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Whew! First q had me a little nervous, but burg came through. My sources say “one bow tie beat down today to another bow tie beat down tomorrow!” Bring on the gennies- they had the advantage with the day off an extra tape sessions, but there is something to be said for a nice old beat down today just to roll into another! Excited for tomorrow, the amount of conference shakeups today doesn’t bode well for a odac pool c but I still would be surprised if the loser doesn’t get in. Excited for tomorrow looking forward to the burg getting another shot at the gennies. Go bugs buzz buzz
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Tie game in the second quarter, starters played most of the game. Interesting definition of beat down.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

HSC played great 1st Q and canned 2 for lead to open 2nd. They lose a few poles and attackmen but gain a lot of experience this year. I suspect them to work hard offseason and schedule a great OOC schedule..
Just couldn’t keep up the pace and LYN poured it on. I don’t think starters are affected. Could be sharper in sync having a tougher test.
Looking forward to this afternoon.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Looking forward to the post game reviews😂
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

ctbagataway wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 12:16 am Tie game in the second quarter, starters played most of the game. Interesting definition of beat down.
Are you kidding me? 40 goals give up in 2 games is a reflection of a bad defense. Losing by 10 and 9 gold in one week is baaad! I didn’t know the 52-0 Colorado Mesa score was the new standard for you jack wagon. Looking forward to another beat down today! And ct, I’m coming for you once we get that trophy! Buzz buzz

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”