Johns Hopkins 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2024

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:05 am Box and field are different and success in one does not always translate to the other but given how good Marquis has looked this summer it'd be a failure of imagination if they're not able to find a role for him. I think they will.

In other news, Hawley is not returning. Team posted on social media today. With Narewski, Mazzone, and Hawley all gone, faceoffs are the #1 "question mark" headed into 2024. We still have two >50% capable FOGOs but wing play will have to step up. Aviles could help.
LSMs showed a lot of promise. The FOGO unit bailed out the goalies and inconsistent offense last year.

You guys keep throwing names out there for offense but want all the returnees to get the same run. Too many names, not enough field.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:05 am Box and field are different and success in one does not always translate to the other but given how good Marquis has looked this summer it'd be a failure of imagination if they're not able to find a role for him. I think they will.

In other news, Hawley is not returning. Team posted on social media today. With Narewski, Mazzone, and Hawley all gone, faceoffs are the #1 "question mark" headed into 2024. We still have two >50% capable FOGOs but wing play will have to step up. Aviles could help.
LSMs showed a lot of promise. The FOGO unit bailed out the goalies and inconsistent offense last year.

You guys keep throwing names out there for offense but want all the returnees to get the same run. Too many names, not enough field.
Nah, not true. There is an enormous gulf between "they should bench a 6'4'', 34-point midfield scorer who has improved every year he's been in college" (your terrible take) and "they should consider tweaking some of the midfield rotations/PT allotment" which is a reasonable take that many people would probably agree with. Try something other than black and white, absolutist, utter lack of nuance thinking once in awhile.

Anyway the thing to remember about Marquis is he was a 4-star/top 60 recruit for his field play. Had nothing to do with box. He had 104 pts his senior year at Bosco as the best player on the best team in NJ. His field game is great. It's not as if he's a box kid just learning how to play on grass. They'll figure something out. That said I agree with primitive that the role will likely be bigger in '25 than '24.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:01 pm

Nah, not true. There is an enormous gulf between "they should bench a 6'4'', 34-point midfield scorer who has improved every year he's been in college" (your terrible take) and "they should consider tweaking some of the midfield rotations/PT allotment" which is a reasonable take that many people would probably agree with. Try something other than black and white, absolutist, utter lack of nuance thinking once in awhile.

Anyway the thing to remember about Marquis is he was a 4-star/top 60 recruit for his field play. Had nothing to do with box. He had 104 pts his senior year at Bosco as the best player on the best team in NJ. His field game is great. It's not as if he's a box kid just learning how to play on grass. They'll figure something out. That said I agree with primitive that the role will likely be bigger in '25 than '24.
They gave Marquis Peshko's role on man up excuse me, player up espn, I want to say late in the season. Stuart Phillips is another name many of you have been high on over his career here that's been lost in the shuffle.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

I think Aviles did play off the wing at Cuse, so he can probably help there. The team brought in a lot of transfers on D, but none on O. If Degnon somehow gets another year, they don't really lose anyone on offense, plus they've got a big recruiting class coming in.

The suggestion someone made of Marquis on the crease is a good one. We haven't had a true crease man in a while. Maybe he could rotate in on certain sets. Back in the day they would use 4-5 attackmen regularly in rotation. Last year they had Grimes play some at attack, so it sounds like the coaches aren't opposed to throwing out different looks.

Still worried about the FO unit. Mazzone was a huge loss. Last year, Narewski had to bail them out in some games. I'm assuming they're happy with it or they would have tried to bring in a transfer there.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:38 am

I think Aviles did play off the wing at Cuse, so he can probably help there. The team brought in a lot of transfers on D, but none on O. If Degnon somehow gets another year, they don't really lose anyone on offense, plus they've got a big recruiting class coming in.

The suggestion someone made of Marquis on the crease is a good one. We haven't had a true crease man in a while. Maybe he could rotate in on certain sets. Back in the day they would use 4-5 attackmen regularly in rotation. Last year they had Grimes play some at attack, so it sounds like the coaches aren't opposed to throwing out different looks.

Still worried about the FO unit. Mazzone was a huge loss. Last year, Narewski had to bail them out in some games. I'm assuming they're happy with it or they would have tried to bring in a transfer there.
Crawley's growth from year 1 to year 2 is a big deal and they need him to develop a more consistent offense to take pressure off the losses of narewski/mazzone/hawley. We need more games where we're jumping out on people going up 4-5 goals early and less of having to rally late. If it's a 4th quarter to win this year I think we're screwed because you don't have that leadership and skill in the middle of the field.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:01 am If it's a 4th quarter to win this year I think we're screwed because you don't have that leadership and skill in the middle of the field.
Nobody wants to have to rely on 4th quarter comebacks but to your second point — the top 4 SSDMs and top LSM are all either seniors or grad students. I also wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit more of Smith on the wings. Leadership won't be an issue there.
Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:38 am The suggestion someone made of Marquis on the crease is a good one. We haven't had a true crease man in a while. Maybe he could rotate in on certain sets. Back in the day they would use 4-5 attackmen regularly in rotation. Last year they had Grimes play some at attack, so it sounds like the coaches aren't opposed to throwing out different looks.
Does this look like a crease attackman to you? (Go to 49:36 if it doesn't autoplay)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ne5jFmt-I#t=49m36s

Or how about this? (1:01:21)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ne5jFmt-I#t=01h01m21s

His finesse, shooting, decision-making, and creativity from the right high wing is what it's all about. Now, Melendez often occupies that space on the field right now, though we've seen he's versatile enough to play behind the cage, up top, and even inside. A good coordinator will figure out how to get them both on the field at the same time. You don't have to pigeonhole Marquis as "the crease guy" because that's what seems like is available to you. Think bigger.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:38 am think Aviles did play off the wing at Cuse, so he can probably help there. The team brought in a lot of transfers on D, but none on O. If Degnon somehow gets another year, they don't really lose anyone on offense, plus they've got a big recruiting class coming in.

Love these posts nowdays from the black hole. Business as usual - clean up some minor things -little worried about face-offs wing play get a role for a sophomore etc. Where are the excoriation posts on Milliman/Baker and Daniels? Why aren't they currently 5 lbs of poop in a 3 lb bag? Oh they won 67% of their games and gave the second best accounting in the playoffs against the eventual champs and they have several quality pieces returning - Is that why? Thank God for Brian Kelly. And here's the truth - there is nothing guaranteed in '24 - injuries/managing 57/58 people/undoubtedly a quality schedule can all make the triumvirate sucks posts return. Remember 2013? Even with the disappointing loss to Maryland in 2012 - Hop fans were fairly excited about that group of seniors and a promising freshmen class - a little scandal here a few injuries there and you missed the playoffs for the first time in forever. How about 2016? Year before - NCAA semis - Blue Jays were pumped - uhhh a suspension here - 3 ACLs there - other injuries to Players liek Shack and Brown apparently - one of the most horrible play-off losses in the first round.

So trust the process - with a little non-injury luck this team should be fine - competitive and fun to watch. The rest is gravy.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:41 am
Does this look like a crease attackman to you? (Go to 49:36 if it doesn't autoplay)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ne5jFmt-I#t=49m36s

Or how about this? (1:01:21)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ne5jFmt-I#t=01h01m21s

His finesse, shooting, decision-making, and creativity from the right high wing is what it's all about. Now, Melendez often occupies that space on the field right now, though we've seen he's versatile enough to play behind the cage, up top, and even inside. A good coordinator will figure out how to get them both on the field at the same time. You don't have to pigeonhole Marquis as "the crease guy" because that's what seems like is available to you. Think bigger.
I'm not trying to pigeon hole Marquis, I'm just trying to think of ways he can get on the field if he can't crack the regular rotation, for whatever reason.
I think he's a terrific player. I'm assuming he was injured at the beginning of last season.
I guess I'm channeling Mike Donnelly who was a terrific Canadian finisher off the crease back in the day. He wasn't the biggest guy, but his stick was magic. I saw him fake a dunk and shoot a worm burner in one motion one-on-one with a goalie once. Impossible to stop. I saw him fake high, fake behind his back, then shoot between his legs on the run in a scrimmage. You had to see it to believe it. He scored too.
The box league stick skills are so refined that they can get their shots off inside and in traffic.
I'm just hoping he sees the field next year beyond EMO.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Koleton Marquis’ team — 29 straight wins — but they go down, still Marquis was a monster in this game.

Props to the English brothers where they have to do a lot of the dirty, grinding work the way that team is set up — they helped put the clamp down on Orangeville’s offense, with especially that team’s goalie (an NLL goalie) standing out.

Marquis finishes with 160 points this summer, I believe this is his last year in the Junior leagues though he could play at the next non-NLL level next summer.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:00 pm Koleton Marquis’ team — 29 straight wins — but they go down, still Marquis was a monster in this game.

Props to the English brothers where they have to do a lot of the dirty, grinding work the way that team is set up — they helped put the clamp down on Orangeville’s offense, with especially that team’s goalie (an NLL goalie) standing out.

Marquis finishes with 160 points this summer, I believe this is his last year in the Junior leagues though he could play at the next non-NLL level next summer.
The age limit is 21, no? Marquis is 20, turns 21 in December. He'll still be 21 when Jr. A starts up again next summer. When's the cutoff?

Brooks English missed a bunch of time in the middle of the summer but returned a couple weeks ago. Since he's been back, they've had him playing in a defensive/transition role with only the occasional run on offense. Feels like a waste of his offensive ability, but whatever Burlington is doing is working. Rawson had 4 assists tonight as one of their left-handed table-setters on O.

Hoping for a Coquitlam (Charboneau, Phillips) vs. Burlington (English, Rawson) final.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Not that it matters much but there is an X post - boy am I up on the times - that shows the Northmen "graduating players". Can't see the number but Marquis is second from the right no?
https://twitter.com/JrANorthmen/status/ ... gr%5Etweet
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:53 am Not that it matters much but there is an X post - boy am I up on the times - that shows the Northmen "graduating players". Can't see the number but Marquis is second from the right no?
https://twitter.com/JrANorthmen/status/ ... gr%5Etweet
Yep, guess he's done. MSL next year and we'll see him in the NLL in a couple of years.

Melendez, Grimes, Martin, Evans, and Smith are playing on a team with a bunch of Towson guys in the OC Lax Classic this weekend — seems like they're doing well. There's a clip of Smith making the rounds on social media executing a perfect kayak check on some poor guy who's probably at least a few beers deep just trying to have some fun out there
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:01 am Crawley's growth from year 1 to year 2 is a big deal and they need him to develop a more consistent offense to take pressure off the losses of narewski/mazzone/hawley. We need more games where we're jumping out on people going up 4-5 goals early and less of having to rally late. If it's a 4th quarter to win this year I think we're screwed because you don't have that leadership and skill in the middle of the field.
Another horrible take - Where do we start?
First - you have zero idea about the leadership issue - What you know is that Mazzone had talent and a very good ground ball skill - that is unquestioned. And again - while you are almost making me sound anti - Narewski or anti Hawley nothing could be further from the truth - the fact remains Hopkins was under 50% for face-offs the entire season. Narewski had not one but two patellar tendon repairs and probably should not have been playing lacrosse and Hawley did show great sacrifice in being out there only for wing play and playing as hard as he did. Of course if he didn't play wings he doesn't play or else they would have had him out there as an SSDM. He garnered 31 ground balls which is 6.3% of the 492 face-offs - obviously he influenced other positive out comes for Hopkins but the cold hard fact is he is replaceable in terms of skill. He was a captain so clearly valued for his leadership - I'll give you that.
You are going to have 57 to 58 names on the roster - close to 20 brand new - Smith had 32 ground balls/Brown had 21 as a freshmen/Raposo had 14 ground balls. While Hawley's biggest contribution may have been to save some running for some of the SSDMs - if we can't find someone to play wing and pick up 30 ground balls and help fight for others - then we are in trouble. I don't think we are in trouble. The face-off crew is obviously a bit of a questionmark as Callahan took a a step back from the year prior and Lane/Sheppard are unknown quantities.

BTW - you do understand that the players your boy Stevens was referring to in his take that "role players" helped make the difference with Johns Hopkins are all the players you seem to loathe?

One thing would seem fairly predictable - with the schedule likely to include alot of the usual suspects - 4-5 goal early leads are not something you can count on at all. Crawley's priorites would seem to be:
1. Team chemistry with alot of veterans and some talented newcomers - even if there is no Degnon - you can name 14-15 players that obviously want to play and if you subtract Angekus/Melendez and Collison as givens than you are essentially saying you have 10-12 or so players fighting for 6 spots.
2. EMO - the conspicuous weak link in the Crawley offensive chain - 34% - statistically 4 percentage points worse than the much aligned 2002 offense - should be unacceptable with the passers and shooters at Hopkins disposal - especially when the teams you want to defeat for the gold tropjy can often employ an EMO operating into the 50's sometimes even the 60th percentile. 1-4 EMO in Happy Valley - score one more goal and you could have very well have had Penn State's seed and path to Philly which was very doable compared to having to go through Notre Dame.
3. Marquis' name keeps rising on this board. Right now he is a player without a home except maybe on EMO and he is the type of player - obviously talented - that the vultures would circle if he stands on the sideline for most of the season. You never know.
4. Planning for the future vs the state of the 24 season - several of the players inherently contained within the numbers above exhaust their eligibility at the end of next year - so IF Milliman/Crawley were to play the vets almost exclusuvely - which they could easily do (especially if the Degnon thing appears) - then they are looking at maybe Melendez - Collison - probably English and a whole host of others who haven't played meaningful minutes for '25. Optimally you would like to have a good mix so everyone's engaged and you are still successful in '24. Very related to point 1.

Speaking of Degnon - I wonder if Hopkins has another medical appeal up their sleeve next year - Scott Smith played in the first Maryland game and first Penn State game of the '21 season so he never played past the 13th of March - Hope? Boy you would hate to lose him over a mop up face-off against Maryland and no stats - zero's across the board against Penn State.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:48 pm
One thing would seem fairly predictable - with the schedule likely to include alot of the usual suspects - 4-5 goal early leads are not something you can count on at all.
It's one thing to get a lead, quite another to hold onto it.
1. Team chemistry with alot of veterans and some talented newcomers - even if there is no Degnon - you can name 14-15 players that obviously want to play and if you subtract Angekus/Melendez and Collison as givens than you are essentially saying you have 10-12 or so players fighting for 6 spots.
This would seem to be a major issue for next season. In general, I would rather see talent play over experience.
2. EMO - the conspicuous weak link in the Crawley offensive chain - 34% - statistically 4 percentage points worse than the much aligned 2002 offense - should be unacceptable with the passers and shooters at Hopkins disposal - especially when the teams you want to defeat for the gold tropjy can often employ an EMO operating into the 50's sometimes even the 60th percentile. 1-4 EMO in Happy Valley - score one more goal and you could have very well have had Penn State's seed and path to Philly which was very doable compared to having to go through Notre Dame.
Maybe this improves with the addition of finishers like Marquis and Hunter Chauvette to the unit.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:28 pm In general, I would rather see talent play over experience.
What does that even mean? While experience can technically be measured by games played or relative class (senior vs. freshman) talent is completely subjective and if one doesn't get to play then you don't know which chicken or egg would have been more successful. How are you at evaluating talent?
Attend alot of practices do you? For example, some may think Jimmy Ayers has more natural talent than one or more of '06's whipping boys. I have no real idea - though I think Ayers might be a very good player. But if Ayers gets to play alot and makes many freshman mistakes - you get to sit there and say how can you let a senior who has all this experience flounder while a youngster makes mistakes. If senior Schmidlap plays and doesn't light the place up you get to say - how come they let this young talent sit on the bench? There's no win win unless you win - winning cures most ills. But this is NOT black or white - it's very gray and that's why its tough. I know of very specific examples where I was in the building as O'C would say where there were no easy choices and choices that favored youth were not enjoyed by all parties - not even close - even on very good Hopkins teams. That's why leadership and chemistry will very likely determine the final outcome of this Hopkins team. The 20+ new faces have to buy in on what everyone is selling.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

51percentcorn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:48 pm Speaking of Degnon - I wonder if Hopkins has another medical appeal up their sleeve next year - Scott Smith played in the first Maryland game and first Penn State game of the '21 season so he never played past the 13th of March - Hope? Boy you would hate to lose him over a mop up face-off against Maryland and no stats - zero's across the board against Penn State.
did hopkins have spring semester scrimmages that year? i'd assume they didn't, as they had an insular game format. if they did not and smith suffered a documented season-ending injury, he should have no problem getting a medical redshirt if he wanted one.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:01 am Crawley's growth from year 1 to year 2 is a big deal and they need him to develop a more consistent offense to take pressure off the losses of narewski/mazzone/hawley. We need more games where we're jumping out on people going up 4-5 goals early and less of having to rally late. If it's a 4th quarter to win this year I think we're screwed because you don't have that leadership and skill in the middle of the field.
Another horrible take - Where do we start?
First - you have zero idea about the leadership issue - What you know is that Mazzone had talent and a very good ground ball skill - that is unquestioned. And again - while you are almost making me sound anti - Narewski or anti Hawley nothing could be further from the truth - the fact remains Hopkins was under 50% for face-offs the entire season. Narewski had not one but two patellar tendon repairs and probably should not have been playing lacrosse and Hawley did show great sacrifice in being out there only for wing play and playing as hard as he did. Of course if he didn't play wings he doesn't play or else they would have had him out there as an SSDM. He garnered 31 ground balls which is 6.3% of the 492 face-offs - obviously he influenced other positive out comes for Hopkins but the cold hard fact is he is replaceable in terms of skill. He was a captain so clearly valued for his leadership - I'll give you that.
You are going to have 57 to 58 names on the roster - close to 20 brand new - Smith had 32 ground balls/Brown had 21 as a freshmen/Raposo had 14 ground balls. While Hawley's biggest contribution may have been to save some running for some of the SSDMs - if we can't find someone to play wing and pick up 30 ground balls and help fight for others - then we are in trouble. I don't think we are in trouble. The face-off crew is obviously a bit of a questionmark as Callahan took a a step back from the year prior and Lane/Sheppard are unknown quantities.

BTW - you do understand that the players your boy Stevens was referring to in his take that "role players" helped make the difference with Johns Hopkins are all the players you seem to loathe?

One thing would seem fairly predictable - with the schedule likely to include alot of the usual suspects - 4-5 goal early leads are not something you can count on at all. Crawley's priorites would seem to be:
3. Marquis' name keeps rising on this board. Right now he is a player without a home except maybe on EMO and he is the type of player - obviously talented - that the vultures would circle if he stands on the sideline for most of the season. You never know.
4. Planning for the future vs the state of the 24 season - several of the players inherently contained within the numbers above exhaust their eligibility at the end of next year - so IF Milliman/Crawley were to play the vets almost exclusuvely - which they could easily do (especially if the Degnon thing appears) - then they are looking at maybe Melendez - Collison - probably English and a whole host of others who haven't played meaningful minutes for '25. Optimally you would like to have a good mix so everyone's engaged and you are still successful in '24. Very related to point 1.

Speaking of Degnon - I wonder if Hopkins has another medical appeal up their sleeve next year - Scott Smith played in the first Maryland game and first Penn State game of the '21 season so he never played past the 13th of March - Hope? Boy you would hate to lose him over a mop up face-off against Maryland and no stats - zero's across the board against Penn State.
What we've seen in the past is the more talented younger guys gradually surpass the less talented veterans as they get their d1 sea legs. Peshko and Grimes might be too big, talented and experienced to lose jobs to freshmen but the next wave of guys (evans, mcdermott, english if he can't make the jump, chauvette, the curious stuart phillips) could be vulnerable on playing time. Millimans done a relatively good job at not losing rostered players to the portal to his credit but there could be a shake out as 51 suggests.

One of the variables is still corona. How did it affect these younger kids development? Obviously it's taking away some spots in the lineup as well.

There hasn't been much NIL stuff, but Collison, Smith, Melendez and Angelus certainly could/should be candidates.

Stevens doesn't write/talk in bro, gets his spelling and facts correct. That's 3 things IL, ESPN and their pals struggle with.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:06 pm What we've seen in the past is the more talented younger guys gradually surpass the less talented veterans as they get their d1 sea legs. Peshko and Grimes might be too big, talented and experienced to lose jobs to freshmen but the next wave of guys (evans, mcdermott, english if he can't make the jump, chauvette, the curious stuart phillips) could be vulnerable on playing time. Millimans done a relatively good job at not losing rostered players to the portal to his credit but there could be a shake out as 51 suggests.

One of the variables is still corona. How did it affect these younger kids development? Obviously it's taking away some spots in the lineup as well.

There hasn't been much NIL stuff, but Collison, Smith, Melendez and Angelus certainly could/should be candidates.

Stevens doesn't write/talk in bro, gets his spelling and facts correct. That's 3 things IL, ESPN and their pals struggle with.
Throwing English — a freshman who had 11 points in 10 games in a part-time midfield role after returning from injury — into that group of guys who "could be vulnerable" is idiotic, even for you.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:53 am
51percentcorn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:48 pm Speaking of Degnon - I wonder if Hopkins has another medical appeal up their sleeve next year - Scott Smith played in the first Maryland game and first Penn State game of the '21 season so he never played past the 13th of March - Hope? Boy you would hate to lose him over a mop up face-off against Maryland and no stats - zero's across the board against Penn State.
did hopkins have spring semester scrimmages that year? i'd assume they didn't, as they had an insular game format. if they did not and smith suffered a documented season-ending injury, he should have no problem getting a medical redshirt if he wanted one.
No scrimmages that year. But also don't know if Smith had an injury they'd be able to prove. Will be interesting to see how that plays out next summer.
Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:28 pm
This would seem to be a major issue for next season. In general, I would rather see talent play over experience.
Sorry...what's the major issue here? Too many good players?

There is going to be a lot of continuity on offense. That's a good thing. Not sure how or why you're trying to contort yourself into a mental pretzel to turn that into a bad thing but you seem to be trying. News flash: Every team in the country has to integrate freshmen.

It must be August because some of these posts...whew.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Kyle Harrison JHU #18

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... on-e27v20v

Lacrosse Podcast
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:28 pm
Sorry...what's the major issue here? Too many good players?

There is going to be a lot of continuity on offense. That's a good thing. Not sure how or why you're trying to contort yourself into a mental pretzel to turn that into a bad thing but you seem to be trying. News flash: Every team in the country has to integrate freshmen.

It must be August because some of these posts...whew.
This issue is, do you play freshmen over more experienced players and if you do, what does that do to your team chemistry?
Guys who have been working in the system for years might feel unfairly treated, it could potentially disrupt your leadership, etc.
Why should I knock myself out for a spot if a newcomer can just come along and grab mine?
Even if Degnon has to move on, I would say virtually every spot on offense is already taken. How do you integrate newcomers and players like Marquis (who got behind due to injury) into your lineup and keep everyone happy? Many teams have major graduation losses. On offense, we don't.
Coaches love competition but I don't think they want to totally ignore team chemistry either.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”