January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by SCLaxAttack »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:34 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:58 am
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:37 am Another, IMO, very interesting and important Tucker Carlson interview, this time with Capitol Chief of Police, Steven Sund.

Sorry don't have the link. Came up on my X (Twitter) feed. Probably easy to find if anyone's interested.
Wow ! :shock: ...no wonder nobody wants to hear from him. 71 minutes from the time he requested permission to call in the National Guard until Pelosi gave him permission.

Sund wanted to request that the National Guard be placed on stand by in the advance planning meeting, but was told to not make it an official request. He was hung out to dry.

Sund's comparison of the BLM riots to Jan 6th was telling. Because of their criticism of the BLM riot response "optics", Mayor Bowser & Pelosi had the Pentagon afraid to deploy the National Guard on Jan 6th beyond what the CPB requested & Bowser approved in the advance meeting when DoD said they'd provide whatever the CPB & Mayor requested, so long as they made it a formal request.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/statu ... gr%5Etweet
So this is now Pelosi's fault? Is that what you're telling us?
If that store wasn't on the corner it wouldn't have been robbed. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:46 pm
tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:37 am Another, IMO, very interesting and important Tucker Carlson interview, this time with Capitol Chief of Police, Steven Sund.

Sorry don't have the link. Came up on my X (Twitter) feed. Probably easy to find if anyone's interested.
Wow ! :shock: ...no wonder nobody wants to hear from him. 71 minutes from the time he requested permission to call in the National Guard until Pelosi gave him permission.

Sund wanted to request that the National Guard be placed on stand by in the advance planning meeting, but was told to not make it an official request. He was hung out to dry.

Sund's comparison of the BLM riots to Jan 6th was telling. Because of their criticism of the BLM riot response "optics", Mayor Bowser & Pelosi had the Pentagon afraid to deploy the National Guard on Jan 6th beyond what the CPB requested & Bowser approved in the advance meeting when DoD said they'd provide whatever the CPB & Mayor requested, so long as they made it a formal request.

If that store wasn't on the corner it wouldn't have been robbed. :roll:
That Michael Brown defense didn’t work with Old Salt….
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

That's what the former Chief of the Capitol Police is telling us. She wouldn't authorize him to request the backup law enforcement officers & National Guard troops that he felt he needed, in advance & again after the riots started, because she objected to the optics from the BLM riots.
That agrees with what the DoD & Generals said.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:35 pm

That's what the former Chief of the Capitol Police is telling us. She wouldn't authorize him to request the backup law enforcement officers & National Guard troops that he felt he needed, in advance & again after the riots started, because she objected to the optics from the BLM riots.
You dodged my question on purpose. Try again, please.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:51 pm

What do you mean by "this" ? Pelosi stopped the Capitol Police Chief from requesting the security forces he wanted for Jan 6th. How much clearer can I make it ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:03 am

What do you mean by "this" ? Pelosi stopped the Capitol Police Chief from requesting the security forces he wanted for Jan 6th. How much clearer can I make it ?
You're saying directly that Jan 6th would never have happened if Pelosi did whatever it is you think she should have done.

You're blaming Pelosi for Jan 6th. Do I have this right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:29 am

You're saying directly that Jan 6th would never have happened if Pelosi did whatever it is you think she should have done.

Again. Stop telling me what I'm saying.
Chief Sund & I are talking about the Police & National Guard response on Jan 6th.
It has nothing to do with whether or not the riot would have happened.
Where do you come up with this stuff ? You're really desperate to argue about everything I post.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:08 am
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:29 am

Again. Stop telling me what I'm saying.
Chief Sund & I are talking about the Police & National Guard response on Jan 6th.
It has nothing to do with whether or not the riot would have happened.
Where do you come up with this stuff ? You're really desperate to argue about everything I post.
:lol: It's what you are communicating to the Forum, OS. It's why I asked "is that what you're telling us" the first time, and "do I have this right" the second time.

I'm TRYING to get you to clarify your muddy writing, so that I understand what YOUR opinion on the matter is.

And I'm doing this so we DON'T argue over a simple misunderstanding, because you and I do that ALL THE TIME.

How much clearer can I make It? ;)

Now that I understand what YOU think? When you keep hammering on Pelosi as FoxNation has---it implies thats' where YOU think the blame for Jan 6th lies. is it REALLY that hard to see that? But that's not the case, so we're good here. No harm, no foul.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Stop objecting to being asked questions, repeatedly, and then claiming foul when the questioner asks for clarification as to meaning. They're NOT putting words in your mouth, they're trying to find out whether that's what you mean, or not, and, if not, giving you the opportunity to clarify.

You can choose to be slippery as an eel, but folks are asking you to respond to the implications of what you seem to be saying...

For instance:

Lots of people were responsible for lots of things...

Was Trump responsible and if so, for what?
Any aspect of what happened Jan 6...details please.

Tell us in the same accusatory way, giving no leeway for nuance.

Then answer this:

Did Trump hope to obstruct the counting of the votes that had been legally certified and did he hope that the crowd would help pressure that to occur? Did he attempt to stop the violence when he realized it was happening?

Don't wriggle, say what you think Trump intended based on everything you've seen, read, heard and considered to date.

Then, tell us whether you think Pelosi hoped for this violence, didn't try to stop it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:07 am Stop objecting to being asked questions, repeatedly, and then claiming foul when the questioner asks for clarification as to meaning. They're NOT putting words in your mouth, they're trying to find out whether that's what you mean, or not, and, if not, giving you the opportunity to clarify.

You can choose to be slippery as an eel, but folks are asking you to respond to the implications of what you seem to be saying...

For instance:

Lots of people were responsible for lots of things...

Was Trump responsible and if so, for what?
Any aspect of what happened Jan 6...details please.

Tell us in the same accusatory way, giving no leeway for nuance.

Then answer this:

Did Trump hope to obstruct the counting of the votes that had been legally certified and did he hope that the crowd would help pressure that to occur? Did he attempt to stop the violence when he realized it was happening?

Don't wriggle, say what you think Trump intended based on everything you've seen, read, heard and considered to date.

Then, tell us whether you think Pelosi hoped for this violence, didn't try to stop it.
...or you two can learn to read objectively.

Chief Sund was talking about the physical security measures for the Capitol on Jan 6th, not who caused the riot.

Remember all your questions about the NG response -- he provides some answers, if you'd bother to listen.

My posts were all & only about the security measures.
You read too much into things & go on a Trump rant even when he is irrelevant.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:30 pm ...or you two can learn to read objectively.
The millisecond you POST objectively? Can do.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:30 pm ...or you two can learn to read objectively.
I posted what Chief Sund said. I didn't interpret anything. Listen to him for yourself.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:22 pm
I posted what Chief Sund said. I didn't interpret anything. Listen to him for yourself.
Yeah...THIS time you posted objective facts. ;)

Old news. We went over this YEARS ago. Can pull up the posts if you want.

It is INSANE that we have alllllll of those different departments overlapping, with multiple people and agencies responsible for security in and around Federal Buildings in DC.

Put me in charge. It would be the Secret Service, soup to nuts if I was in charge. With one commander that ISN'T some politician that has ZERO security training. As I said at the time, this is a MASSIVE systemic failure, post 9/11. to have Nancy freaking Pelosi in charge of the safety of the Senate, and thousands of Americans in the area.

Insanity. BEYOND stupid.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:25 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:22 pm
Old news. We went over this YEARS ago. Can pull up the posts if you want.

It is INSANE that we have alllllll of those different departments overlapping, with multiple people and agencies responsible for security in and around Federal Buildings in DC.

Put me in charge. It would be the Secret Service, soup to nuts if I was in charge. With one commander that ISN'T some politician that has ZERO security training. As I said at the time, this is a MASSIVE systemic failure, post 9/11 to have Nancy freaking Pelosi in charge of the safety of the Senate, and thousands of Americans in the area.

Insanity. BEYOND stupid.
It may be old news but it's still widely perceived that DoD intentionally delayed deploying the National Guard when the true cause was the obstruction of advance preparations by Congressional leaders & the Mayor in their objections to the optics of the military participation in quelling the BLM riots.

That was compounded by the complexity in the laws for deploying the DC NG on short notice. The DC NG & the multiple Fed law enforcement agencies can function together seamlessly when things are pre-planned without political interference, as they are routinely done for NSSE's like the Inauguration, foreign leader visits & the SOTU address.

US military leaders are always going to be hesitant to send US forces into the streets to violently engage with US citizens or to take control.
We should be grateful for that instinctive hesitancy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm It may be old news but it's still widely perceived that DoD intentionally delayed deploying the National Guard when the true cause was the obstruction of advance preparations by Congressional leaders & the Mayor in their objections to the optics of the military participation in quelling the BLM riots.
Yet another reason to have ONE person---- a trained, experienced professional, in change of all Federal security in DC. You know, like we should have done on 9/12.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm That was compounded by the complexity in the laws for deploying the DC NG on short notice.
See above. Pull all out out of the systems.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm The DC NG & the multiple Fed law enforcement agencies can function together seamlessly when things are pre-planned without political interference, as they are routinely done for NSSE's like the Inauguration, foreign leader visits & the SOTU address.
And when the attack is a surprise? See above solution.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm US military leaders are always going to be hesitant to send US forces into the streets to violently engage with US citizens or to take control.
Again, take them out of the equation, if that's your fear. Secret service. Make 'em wear nice suits, if that's what you want in terms of optics.

We're ASKING for problems in DC, OS. It's BANANAS to put a pol in charge of security.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:55 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm It may be old news but it's still widely perceived that DoD intentionally delayed deploying the National Guard when the true cause was the obstruction of advance preparations by Congressional leaders & the Mayor in their objections to the optics of the military participation in quelling the BLM riots.
Yet another reason to have ONE person---- a trained, experienced professional, in change of all Federal security in DC. You know, like we should have done on 9/12.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm That was compounded by the complexity in the laws for deploying the DC NG on short notice.
See above. Pull all out out of the systems.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm The DC NG & the multiple Fed law enforcement agencies can function together seamlessly when things are pre-planned without political interference, as they are routinely done for NSSE's like the Inauguration, foreign leader visits & the SOTU address.
And when the attack is a surprise? See above solution.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:47 pm US military leaders are always going to be hesitant to send US forces into the streets to violently engage with US citizens or to take control.
Again, take them out of the equation, if that's your fear. Secret service. Make 'em wear nice suits, if that's what you want in terms of optics.

We're ASKING for problems in DC, OS. It's BANANAS to put a pol in charge of security.
Hey -- I'm not saying it's a great set up, but it can, & has worked, when craven pols like Pelosi & Bowser don't interfere.
Look at all the b!tching & moaning they did about the overly militarized response to the BLM riots (organized by AG Barr).
...but they worked. That's the type of advance prep which was needed for the Jan 6 "peaceful & patriotic" rally, ...that everyone saw coming.

Put the DHS Secy in charge. Specifically the Federal Protective Service. DHS already has the Secret Service.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_P ... ed_States)
FPS ...carries out various other activities for the promotion of homeland security as the Secretary of Homeland Security may prescribe, to include providing a uniformed police response to National Security Special Events
That would mean Congress would have to give up running security for the Capitol & grounds.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:30 pm Hey -- I'm not saying it's a great set up, but it can, & has worked, when craven pols like Pelosi & Bowser don't interfere.
Look at all the b!tching & moaning they did about the overly militarized response to the BLM riots (organized by AG Barr).
All the more reason to pull the politicians out of the loop. And keep the serious forces INSIDE the building. Optics problem "solved".

I'm MUCH more worried about a 9/11 style mess.

The system FORCES Pelosi to make the call, OS. THAT is the problem, not Pelosi. She go through West Point when I wasn't looking?

Then why the F are we making it her call, or the next unqualified Bozo to defend our seat of power?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:44 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:30 pm Hey -- I'm not saying it's a great set up, but it can, & has worked, when craven pols like Pelosi & Bowser don't interfere.
All the more reason to pull the politicians out of the loop. And keep the serious forces INSIDE the building. Optics problem "solved".

The system FORCES Pelosi to make the call, OS. THAT is the problem, not Pelosi. She go through West Point when I wasn't looking?

Then why the F are we making it her call, or the next unqualified Bozo to defend our seat of power?
Good luck getting them to give up that power. The DC Mayor too.

That's why I recommend DHS. Isn't that why we created it ?
I'd have confidence in someone like Jeh Johnson or Gen Kelly. ..Mayorkas, not so much.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:44 pm

Good luck getting them to give up that power. The DC Mayor too.

That's why I recommend DHS. Isn't that why we created it ?
I'd have confidence in someone like Jeh Johnson or Gen Kelly. ..Mayorkas, not so much.
+100. DHS.... it's EXACTLY why we pay taxes for that doggone outfit.

Return to “POLITICS”