NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MVPiccoli

Re: NESCAC

Post by MVPiccoli »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:02 pm [quote=MVPiccoli post_id=481805 time=<a href="tel:1689543181">1689543181</a> user_id=3080]
How you drew a line between me finding the “stole your girlfriend” line annoying and grandstanding about elitism is beyond me. I don’t see the tweets. I don’t closely follow Tufts. I looked them up previously when the topic came up earlier this year. Just thought what the guy said about putting the phone down was a fair point. And I love got lots of healthy outlets man. I’m all good.
doesn't seem like you're ok. saw your post in the cabrini thread that was similar to drunk texting your ex.
[/quote]

Oh man, totally. I was heartbroken that night, and I’m leaving it up even though it’s def not my best moment. My aggression towards Nova was misplaced for sure.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:33 pm How you drew a line between me finding the “stole your girlfriend” line annoying and grandstanding about elitism is beyond me.
Wasn't meant directly about that comment, just clicked the quote button on your most recent one. Was in reference to this: "He CONTINUES to project elitism and an ivory tower mentality despite being humbled year after year." With all due respect (I know that sounds sarcastic over text, but genuinely)...in response to something I/a few other people said about in a previous conversation, you said something about elitism and then pretty quickly backed off and chalked it up to venting/frustration about Cabrini. "(My earlier pound sand comment was just sour grapes over the situation at Cabrini, in reaction to the ivory tower argument presented.") Just seemed like a similar dynamic here.
I don’t see the tweets. I don’t closely follow Tufts. I looked them up previously when the topic came up earlier this year. Just thought what the guy said about putting the phone down was a fair point. And I love got lots of healthy outlets man. I’m all good.
Work with me here. If you don't see the tweets...and you don't follow them in general...how would you know if he "HAS shoved his shoe collection in the face of social media"? Obviously you can take the word of trolls like REGULATOR whose sole purpose here (outside of posting about York) is to antagonize...or you can go off what you actually see. I've said this previously: the funny thing about the comment(s) re: putting down the phone is that the only way someone could actually get angry about shoe tweets is if they are online literally all the time and both follow D'Annolfo and actively scroll his tweets...a lot. I don't have that problem, and it doesn't seem like you do either.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ah23, totally get the context. My posts are what they are. Cabrini's mismanagement has nothing to do with "blue bloods" or "ivory towers", the administration effed up year after year; but, I'm sure I will continue to project my insecurities (which is what I did with those previous comments, ha!)

I'm not a natural hater. And I've praised both Tufts lax, and individual players (see my comments on Boyden to UVA). Fantastic community and program. My consumption of the content that featured Daly, and those rosters, I mean, what a class freaking act. I think around this years NC I looked at the tweets based on someone posting about it. I personally thought it was lame. Calling attention to himself and his possessions more than the boys and the product on the field. Realize that's only 1/8th of the picture. I'm not on the field or in meetings with the guy. Maybe he puts on a social media persona to aide in recruiting or something. If he is, it's working.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Not sure if I missed this discussion, but any truth to the rumor that the NESCAC is permitting a limited amount of official practices this fall..if so, I am assuming no scrimmages
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

10 practices. no scrimmages.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:57 am I'm not a natural hater.
For sure - wasn't trying to say otherwise!
And I've praised both Tufts lax, and individual players (see my comments on Boyden to UVA). Fantastic community and program. My consumption of the content that featured Daly, and those rosters, I mean, what a class freaking act.
I played against Daly's Tufts teams and I hated them at the time. Looking back it was probably mostly because they kept beating us, but they also always had a handful of guys who I thought played kind of dirty as a way of "setting the tone" physically (Daly's teams were always really physical overall, part of what made them so good). It's always a bit odd to me to see all the hate now for what I think is a more likable program. Just my view, no right answer obviously.
I think around this years NC I looked at the tweets based on someone posting about it. I personally thought it was lame. Calling attention to himself and his possessions more than the boys and the product on the field. Realize that's only 1/8th of the picture. I'm not on the field or in meetings with the guy. Maybe he puts on a social media persona to aide in recruiting or something. If he is, it's working.
Eh, I don't think tweeting about something personal means he cares more about highlighting that than his team. Just seems like he likes shoes (and to be fair, also likes the twitter engagement that comes from it). Could just be a recruiting persona I guess. If Brian Kelly is out doing stuff like this and this as the head coach of LSU football, nothing is really surprising anymore. :lol:
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Any thoughts on why no NESCAC 2024 commits are showing up on IL. Last year at this time, almost every school already had anywhere from 5-7 commits
lilax

Post by lilax »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:08 pm Any thoughts on why no NESCAC 2024 commits are showing up on IL. Last year at this time, almost every school already had anywhere from 5-7 commits
Their July 1st Pre-Read date was pushed back till August 1st because of the Supreme Court Affirmative Action case.

You’ll start seeing commits next Tuesday.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

lilax wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:15 pm
shorelax12 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:08 pm Any thoughts on why no NESCAC 2024 commits are showing up on IL. Last year at this time, almost every school already had anywhere from 5-7 commits
Their July 1st Pre-Read date was pushed back till August 1st because of the Supreme Court Affirmative Action case.

Certainly a new level of the waiting game and stress for the 2024 commits. Interesting that other schools have not had similar concerns and are making offers, although I suspect that those other schools are equally as anxious to see which players become available if they are not recruited by one of the NESCACs
smoova

Post by smoova »

shorelax12 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:28 pm

Certainly a new level of the waiting game and stress for the 2024 commits. Interesting that other schools have not had similar concerns and are making offers, although I suspect that those other schools are equally as anxious to see which players become available if they are not recruited by one of the NESCACs
It's been a boon for schools like W&L and Swarthmore.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ah23 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:50 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:57 am I'm not a natural hater.
For sure - wasn't trying to say otherwise!
And I've praised both Tufts lax, and individual players (see my comments on Boyden to UVA). Fantastic community and program. My consumption of the content that featured Daly, and those rosters, I mean, what a class freaking act.
I played against Daly's Tufts teams and I hated them at the time. Looking back it was probably mostly because they kept beating us, but they also always had a handful of guys who I thought played kind of dirty as a way of "setting the tone" physically (Daly's teams were always really physical overall, part of what made them so good). It's always a bit odd to me to see all the hate now for what I think is a more likable program. Just my view, no right answer obviously.
I think around this years NC I looked at the tweets based on someone posting about it. I personally thought it was lame. Calling attention to himself and his possessions more than the boys and the product on the field. Realize that's only 1/8th of the picture. I'm not on the field or in meetings with the guy. Maybe he puts on a social media persona to aide in recruiting or something. If he is, it's working.
Eh, I don't think tweeting about something personal means he cares more about highlighting that than his team. Just seems like he likes shoes (and to be fair, also likes the twitter engagement that comes from it). Could just be a recruiting persona I guess. If Brian Kelly is out doing stuff like this and this as the head coach of LSU football, nothing is really surprising anymore. :lol:
:D Brian Kelly should probably be in jail. That guy is slippery. His level of cringe is epic. You're right man, regarding the hobby aspect. Just because it's not my bag (selfies and what not), I shouldn't discount everything else he does and infer his intent.
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

smoova wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:20 pm

That makes sense considering the comparable academic standards, but I suspect that there are a lot of very good players waiting in the wings until 8/1
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

shorelax12 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:50 am
smoova wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:20 pm

That makes sense considering the comparable academic standards, but I suspect that there are a lot of very good players waiting in the wings until 8/1
Definitely some very strong/high academic players from the ISL who imo are right on the line between Ivy and NESCAC that haven't committed yet. I expect a few of them will be scooped up pretty quickly after 8/1.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A kid I had been keeping an eye on from VT recently committed to Conn College: Peyton Grey (burr & Burton)

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

Suspect he will be an impact player for them
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
laxobserver1

Post by laxobserver1 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:10 pm
A kid I had been keeping an eye on from VT recently committed to Conn College: Peyton Grey (burr & Burton)

future d-mid
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxobserver1 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:38 pm

future d-mid
Interesting prediction as first one out of the gate as it would be a whole new positional learning experience for him.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:37 pm

future d-mid
Interesting prediction as first one out of the gate as it would be a whole new positional learning experience for him.
Dude's a troll - crapping on a 17 year-old who's ecstatic to commit to a fast-rising NESCAC program.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

smoova wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:56 pm

future d-mid
Dude's a troll - crapping on a 17 year-old who's ecstatic to commit to a fast-rising NESCAC program.
Stephen Brundage thought he had solid D1 potential I can say with certainty. That’s pretty good praise.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:22 am

future d-mid
Stephen Brundage thought he had solid D1 potential I can say with certainty. That’s pretty good praise.
We need a reboot of the All Name Team, Fanlax variety. Peyton Grey seems like a 3rd Teamer shoe in. What's the kids middle name?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:22 am

future d-mid
We need a reboot of the All Name Team, Fanlax variety. Peyton Grey seems like a 3rd Teamer shoe in. What's the kids middle name?
Don't know but I'm very much looking forward to Loyola having SSDMs named Mustang Sally and Ricky Savage (too bad he didn't legally change it from Poffo "oooooohhh yeahhh!").

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”