Marquette has Georgetown on the ropes in the first half
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
HGK25

Re: Georgetown 2019

Post by HGK25 »

Time to circle the wagons. The 16-9 loss to Denver today was way worse than score would indicate. McElroy standing on his head in cage during 1st half only thing that kept this from being a much more lopsided score. Have not seen final stats yet but I believe 14 TOs, of which at least 9-10 were unforced. Tough Close D, winning the transition game between the boxes and taking care of the ball were all keys to Hoyas success the past two years. None of that was on display today. Plenty of season left but Hoyas better get back to that winning formula quickly. Let’s go Hoyas.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Great win over Nova today!! Still might have to win the BE to make it to the tournament.,,,,,.hey, it’s been done before!!

On a negative note, wicked cheap shot by Nova defender #43 on Bucaro late in the game. Ugly, cheap, deliberate slash to the knee.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

What a great win for the Hoyas in a must win situation! After another frustratingly slow start, they settled down and didn’t look back. Great game for Carraway, Reilly, Wittenberg and what can you say about Bucarro: Playing on one leg and totally changing up his game for the benefit of the team, finishes with 4g 2a.

They will definitely need to win the big east for a shot at the tournament and this gets them one step closer.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2019/5/1/m ... teams.aspx

Very nice recognition for Bucaro, Carraway, Whittenberg and Smith. All extremely well deserved.

Great interview out in Denver with Bucaro and then Coach Warne. Essence of both of their answers to interviewer’s questions - team, family, unselfishness. Great stuff.

Providence is a very good team and coming off a special finish. Should be a battle.

Let’s go Hoyas!
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Any fans going to Denver? Providence goalie Boyce should get POY if such award exists. Good luck tomorrow. Go Pios
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Great win today for Coach Warne and the Hoyas!!!!

Thrilled for the boys and the program!!!

Did I mention this could happen?!!! :D
Puck Swami

Post by Puck Swami »

Congrats to the Hoyas from this Denver fan.

Georgetown was the better team for most of today's game, and is fully deserving of the Big East title and the NCAA berth.

I'll be cheering for you guys in the Big Dance.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Seems Hoyas will get either the 12 or 13 seed with Army the other side of that seeding. That would most likely mean Hoyas are headed to Duke, Penn or Yale as they are most likely to fall in the 4/5 seeded slots IMO. Will find out soon enough. Let’s go Hoyas!
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Hoyas with a tough task but a tremendous opportunity Saturday vs Yale. Will be some atmosphere.

Let’s go Hoyas!
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

Good luck Hoyas from this DU fan. I wish you could have Big John's and his NCAA Championship team on the sidelines to throw some "Hoya Paranoia" out by staring down TD Ierlan. Go Hoyas
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

https://twitter.com/chip_brierre/status ... 99591?s=12

Nice local news piece on Hoyas as they head up to Yale.

Let’s go Hoyas!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Hoya fans, as a Yale fan I was so impressed with your team's heart in the game today. It could have been a laugher after the 9-0 opening run but what hustle and drive by GU to keep battling back. And Matt Bucaro -- wow, such a special player. Best of luck to the graduating seniors from Georgetown and congrats on a great season.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Yale fan who was at the game. He probably won't be named such, but if I had the vote Bucaro would be First Team All American.
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

FannOLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:57 pm Yale fan who was at the game. He probably won't be named such, but if I had the vote Bucaro would be First Team All American.
Agree although based on his season probably 2nd team and Yale D is quite suspect without Ierlan dominating. Based on what I’ve seen this season I wouldn’t put anyone on the Yale D anywhere close to first team AA. Great fight by the Hoyas today.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

thetruth wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:02 pm
FannOLax wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:57 pm Yale fan who was at the game. He probably won't be named such, but if I had the vote Bucaro would be First Team All American.
Agree although based on his season probably 2nd team and Yale D is quite suspect without Ierlan dominating. Based on what I’ve seen this season I wouldn’t put anyone on the Yale D anywhere close to first team AA. Great fight by the Hoyas today.
Well, he currently leads the NCAA in goals scored, I’d say that might qualify as a First Team AA season. And that’s with missing a game and playing a couple injured. I agree that there is a lot of competition this year for a few spots, but I think he definitely put his name in the hat with his performance today.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm Hoya fans, as a Yale fan I was so impressed with your team's heart in the game today. It could have been a laugher after the 9-0 opening run but what hustle and drive by GU to keep battling back. And Matt Bucaro -- wow, such a special player. Best of luck to the graduating seniors from Georgetown and congrats on a great season.
Georgetown has been a second half team all year, unfortunately, the hole they dug themselves was a bit too deep. It’s a shame too, because had Yale’s run been held to 4 or 5, I think we are looking at a one goal game. Scoring 16 goals when losing 89% of the faceoffs and when the goalie has 16 saves is impressive. How to keep from coming out of the gates cold is something that needs to be a focus for the coaching staff this offseason. Much respect to Yale for coming in with a great game plan and executing to perfection in the first quarter. Goes to show the benefit of playoff game experience.

Congrats to Yale. They will be a strong contender for Memorial Day weekend.

And congrats to the Hoya seniors and the whole team for a great season and another step in rebuilding the winning tradition.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Loyola fan here.

No team refuses to quit more than Gtown. Your coach is an excellent motivator. Obviously the talents of Carraway and Cucaro are extraordinary, but I like the team's resolve even more.

Great job Hoyas. I wish you guys had won. Outside of the FO spot, your team was the better squad yesterday.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

http://www.guhoyas.com/news/2019/5/13/m ... icans.aspx

Congrats to these 4 Young men for garnering IL AA honors.

Bucaro graduates as the all time leading scorer in school history. Stats don’t begin to tell the story of what this young man is about and the lasting impact he has had on this program. Arguably the greatest player to ever wear the Hoya uniform (and I don’t say that lightly given some of the legendary players in Georgetown history).

Whittenberg had a tremendous two years as a player and a leader after transferring from Mercer. A first team BE honoree, he was also voted the MVP of the BET

Smith as a Sophomore made all BE 1st team, led the conference in both GBs and takeaways. Set the Georgetown single season record this year for GBs by a non FOGO. He will be a fixture on close D, wings on face offs and in transition for the next two years.

Carraway tied the Georgetown single season record for points this year, is now in top 5 points all time at Georgetown. He was a first team BE selection and all BE tournament team. One of the most underrated players in country some how. Will be leaned on heavily to QB the offense next year with Bucaro’s graduation.

Also, Congratulations to all the seniors for your commitment and leadership in helping lead the Hoyas
To back to back BE Championships and NCAA appearances.

It was a great season and Warne and staff have our program going in a great direction.

Let’s go Hoyas!
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Very impressed with your team. Bucarro was unstoppable. Brandau will be a great goalie for three more years. The team showed a lot of heart. Outside of the slow start, if you are to lose a final game, that's the way to go into the off season
Lux et veritas

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”