Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:37 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:19 pm ....and now Desantis show's he's too freaking stupid to direct the Dept of Ed to change the unconscionable teaching that "slavery was just like an internship for paid jobs" law.

Guess he still wants the white supremacist vote. Wonder where he learned this dangerous game from?

Well, there are good people on both sides, so......

Republican voters are going to get rid of this stuff from their party this time around, right?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 80508.html
most of the African slaves went below the equator.

Human bondage.........horrible thing.

You folks are all saying that slavery.........and the need for humans to do stuff on the cheap.........offers NO skill learning, of any kind.

some slaves learned to read. Which, is NOT a skill.

Not sure why people are up in arms over this........certainly, the 11 or 9 year old "farm girl" working the looms in Lowell and Lawrence, learned to read and do math while working 14 hour days along the banks of the Merrimack River........

History IS ugly.....including this topic. There IS no right way to pick crops.....you just go outside and pick them.

Killing people IS a skill.........why did Bob Marley sign about "Buffalo Soldiers" ?

Africans and slaves.......historically, built many of our buildings. From bricks to elaborate woodworking....skilled work force.

Are we gonna ignore the "skilled" workers (slaves) that built, for instance, the WHITE HOUSE.

where did the workers learn the skills, if they didn't get any skills, in the first place.

cotton gin.....invented by an African slave...
Been trying to tell you about the aquifers, but you wouldn't listen, and just focused on the tarmac!

4 vinyl guiacol and chip dip
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Rrr can’t see that the balance of benefits accrue to the slaveholders to the degree that to argue benefits to the slave are only a very lame attempt to whitewash (pun well intended) the abhorrent practice.

That is the point of the objections.
a fan

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:37 pm Rrr can’t see that the balance of benefits accrue to the slaveholders to the degree that to argue benefits to the slave are only a very lame attempt to whitewash (pun well intended) the abhorrent practice.

Florida schools have mandatory teachings on the Holocaust. The fact that they didn't play this same, stupid, disgusting game with Holocaust victims tells you all you need to know about the people who put this disgusting mandate in writing.

But please, by all means Ron, tell us how the Holocaust was about gaining life skills for anyone who wasn't Aryan. Knock yourself out.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hadn’t thought about this, but the DeSantis campaign really is reminiscent in a lot of respects of the Michael Dukakis campaign.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ron-duka ... 37468.html
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:36 pm Hadn’t thought about this, but the DeSantis campaign really is reminiscent in a lot of respects of the Michael Dukakis campaign.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ron-duka ... 37468.html
Both white men, in military, Harvard JD, failed campaigns. One is a culture creep, the other a well regarded citizen.

Then: Willie Horton ad becomes ruinous to Dems
Now: GOP would take credit for Horton mistreatment and watch the dollars roll in.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:37 pm Rrr can’t see that the balance of benefits accrue to the slaveholders to the degree that to argue benefits to the slave are only a very lame attempt to whitewash (pun well intended) the abhorrent practice.

wow.....you are really onto something here.......no way......slavery benefited the slave owners. Who knew???

What, exactly, are the "objections" about learning that having a skilled labor forced, benefits the wealthy ?

Does Florida opine about how the horrible culture of human bondage, to the point that it instructs that slavery actually HELPED west coast Africans get a better life. That the practice of slavery helped them improve their lives ?

being serious.....not really understanding where the "objections" are coming from.

are you saying that others feel that "we did them a favor, by making them slaves........" I am sure some A holes think that.

context IS everything.......

So, tell us, WHO benefitted by hiring that 9 year old farm girl to work the looms 80 hours a week ? Harvard have any buildings, named after the textile mill owners, or , are those building named after the 9 year old farm girl?

boy oh boy.......you people really, REALLY.....want your boy tRump to be the candidate. you can't get enough of the guy. Certainly, with glee, will take his fake "vaccine" . often. An ad on the television said "ask your doctor"

Do the poor even have doctors, to ask ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... so a black slave learns a skill and what exactly does he/she do with that skill, find a better paying job in the free market? :lol: :lol: This line of argument, that they learned skills leads no where!! They remain slaves and all that entails.

:roll: :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

New College provost announced that there are now ~100 full-time faculty positions available. Maybe Ronnie can fill the positions with his dumbass cronies.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:15 pm

Florida schools have mandatory teachings on the Holocaust. The fact that they didn't play this same, stupid, disgusting game with Holocaust victims tells you all you need to know about the people who put this disgusting mandate in writing.

But please, by all means Ron, tell us how the Holocaust was about gaining life skills for anyone who wasn't Aryan. Knock yourself out.
So now you're making the Holocaust equivalency -- unbelievable.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:39 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:15 pm

So now you're making the Holocaust equivalency -- unbelievable.
Want me to respond using the Statement you gave me?

Probably not.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DocBarrister

Incompetent DeSantis Needs to Fix a Few Things in Florida … Like Leprosy

Post by DocBarrister »

DeSantis ain’t doin’ so well with governin’ either.

Just how incompetent is DeSantis?

Florida is now a “hotspot” for leprosy. No, you did not misread that … LEPROSY.

Central Florida is a hotspot for leprosy, report says

According a research letter published by Nathoo and his colleagues in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, Central Florida has reported among the highest rates of leprosy in the United States.

In 2020, 159 cases were reported nationwide, compared with 200,000 new cases each year around the world, according to the World Health Organization. The new letter says Central Florida accounted for 81% of cases in Florida and nearly 1 out of 5 leprosy cases nationwide.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/01/health/l ... index.html

So … the top two Republican presidential candidates are a former president who is facing 75 felony counts in three different jurisdictions (and counting) and a malignant governor who is allowing leprosy to run amok in his state. :roll:

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Re: Incompetent DeSantis Needs to Fix a Few Things in Florida … Like Leprosy

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:32 pm DeSantis ain’t doin’ so well with governin’ either.

According a research letter published by Nathoo and his colleagues in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, Central Florida has reported among the highest rates of leprosy in the United States.

In 2020, 159 cases were reported nationwide, compared with 200,000 new cases each year around the world, according to the World Health Organization. The new letter says Central Florida accounted for 81% of cases in Florida and nearly 1 out of 5 leprosy cases nationwide.

So … the top two Republican presidential candidates are a former president who is facing 75 felony counts in three different jurisdictions (and counting) and a malignant governor who is allowing leprosy to run amok in his state. :roll:

With all of the criticism of Ron this has to be the most idiotic ever. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:06 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:32 pm DeSantis ain’t doin’ so well with governin’ either.

Wonder what demo is......we were told the border does not bring with it disease, or drugs, or crime, or anything bad.....just people wanting a new life.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:06 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:06 am

Wonder what demo is......we were told the border does not bring with it disease, or drugs, or crime, or anything bad.....just people wanting a new life.
About 66% of cases are from people who have traveled to and from countries with much more Hansens' disease, but 34% are locally acquired and not from proximity to a person who has traveled...armadillos carry the disease. And some cases appear to simply be endemic.

While it's transmitted through respiration, it apparently takes months of exposure to someone who has the disease to get it from them.

Interestingly, Central Florida has seen the greatest bump up in cases recently, not Texas or California, which have much larger immigrant populations.

But we're talking small numbers. And it's curable with antibiotics.

From a government point of view, if there's an outbreak such as in central Florida, government can investigate, provide training and resources to local doctors, antibiotics, etc.

If we're looking to be critical, the question would be whether people trust government and medicine to help them avoid disease, cure disease...and if not, why not. With immigrants, is it a threat of being sent out of the state or country if they self-identify? Florida has become quite challenging for an immigrant to seek medical care without fear of such, so avoidance can be a problem.

Or is it some other distrust?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:27 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:10 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:30 pm Don't tell me who I support.
I agree with what DeSantis is trying to do on education.
I'm not supporting"Nikki -- I'm pointing out her strategy.
You continue to conflate analysis with advocacy.
:lol: You're doing it again. You're ripping me for being too specific "Don't tell me who I support".

Then you're following that with a massively broad, non-specific "agreement with what DeSantis is trying to do on education".

No matter what I do here, I'm wrong. Because if I come back later and say "well, you told me you were in agreement what DeSantis is trying to do on education"....and what you MEANT to say was that you only support a part or two....you'll rip my head off. Again.

And then come back again with "conflating analysis with advocacy'. Which translated means: just because I cite something, doesn't mean that I agree with it".

No matter what I do, it's wrong. And you're doing this intentionally, while claiming that I'm the one who wants a fight, and you are the one who wants a discussion.

So i'm going to conclude this discussion with my understanding that for STEM classes only, you don't want, for example, any discussion of the people behind science. Because if you do that, that's woke and brainwashing.

You're not wrong, btw. You can't discuss these things without discussing politics or things like anti-semitism, or racism. You're right. Yet I can't imagine teaching a STEM class without those things, but we all have opinions.

For the record, i'm all for telling kids in a STEM class, for example.....why all those brilliant scientists came to America in the 1930's from Europe. It's an important thing to learn, imho.
Henrietta Lacks would get no air in Old Salt’s world:

Henrietta Lacks was a black American woman who died of cancer in 1951 at age 31. Before she died, doctors took a sample from her tumor without her knowledge or consent and used the sample for medical research. The cells in Henrietta’s tissue sample, known as HeLa cells (pronounced hee-lah), were the first human cells to survive in a culture, where they thrived and multiplied. Consequently, HeLa cells have since been used in scientific research all over the world and have played a fundamental role in numerous medical advances and developments, like the polio vaccine.

For over two decades, Henrietta’s identity was unknown, and her family knew nothing about HeLa and the role their mother unknowingly played in medical research. By the 1970s, however, her name was publicly revealed.

When Skloot first hears about Henrietta at college in the 1980s, she is surprised at how little information she learns: “As the other students filed out of the room, I sat thinking, That’s it? That’s all we get? There has to be more to this story” (4). Several years later, in the late 1990s, Skloot comes across the papers from the first HeLa Cancer Control Symposium, which took place in Atlanta in 1996. She persuades the conference’s organizer, Roland Pattillo, to put her in touch with Henrietta’s family, though he warns her to be careful, as the family has suffered greatly as a result of HeLa, and some members of the scientific community have treated them poorly.

America is not the place for this CRT nonsense!
UPDATE:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/thermo-fi ... 023-08-01/

My wife has ordered vials of these cells. Depending on the cultures, the cost per vial can range from $500 to $15,000 for genetically modified. Miracle cells as no other cells that offer what Lack’s cells offer have been discovered. Fisher Scientific is just one of many global companies that sell HeLa cells. Glad to see the family compensated. Billions have been made off of her genetic material.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:34 am of course:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/04/politics ... index.html
At as certain point you just have to laugh about how predictable this sort of story is with Desantis and today's GOP. Race baiting/lying asshats are mainstream.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Statement from the College Board on Florida's recent restriction on AP Psychology content:

https://newsroom.collegeboard.org/state ... nd-florida
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:54 am Statement from the College Board on Florida's recent restriction on AP Psychology content:

https://newsroom.collegeboard.org/state ... nd-florida
:lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like DeSantis isn't the only guy who can play politics with education.

Return to “POLITICS”