Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:23 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:07 pm
Funny how I provide facts and you crap on the cite, which was one of the only ones that included actual quotes from the legal teams. You must love working traffic court cases.
Did the judge mention your nefarious alleged impersonation scheme or not today?

Yes or no answer would be fine.

And please be sure to get back to us if the judge ever mentions the alleged impersonation or pursues sanctions against LW down the road.

Thx.
That does not mean shenanigans did not happen...both can be true. And the judge is not going to sidetrack the case on plea day....she already knows the two sides are trying to eff with her.
Again, this sounds like a routine court appearance and final negotiation of the plea deal. Your ability, YA, to transform the ordinary workings of the court and justice systems into bizarre conspiracies is kind of special.
Yeah counselor, it was a routine court appearance where the defendant was pre ordained to plead guilty. The end result wasn't exactly routine now was it counselor? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Funny how I provide facts and you crap on the cite, which was one of the only ones that included actual quotes from the legal teams. You must love working traffic court cases.

And please be sure to get back to us if the judge ever mentions the alleged impersonation or pursues sanctions against LW down the road.

Thx.
That does not mean shenanigans did not happen...both can be true. And the judge is not going to sidetrack the case on plea day....she already knows the two sides are trying to eff with her.
Again, this sounds like a routine court appearance and final negotiation of the plea deal. Your ability, YA, to transform the ordinary workings of the court and justice systems into bizarre conspiracies is kind of special.
I've been around far too many C-Suite boardrooms, construction meetings, and people that are supposed to be "in charge" that have lied like a rug....I suspect it happens in all careers. Maybe not in a courtroom, but I suspect they don't call it a lie, they just call it an honest mistake to polish the turd. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So what happens next?? We have a good bunch of legal minds on this forum. What do you now if your defending Hunter Biden?? I do not believe any lawyer defending Hunter would ever let this case go to trial.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:46 pm

Thx.
I've been around far too many C-Suite boardrooms, construction meetings, and people that are supposed to be "in charge" that have lied like a rug....I suspect it happens in all careers. Maybe not in a courtroom, but I suspect they don't call it a lie, they just call it an honest mistake to polish the turd. ;)
I think you've made pretty clear what your world view is youth.
Doesn't make you correct, but you're consistent...at least when its convenient. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:49 pm So what happens next?? We have a good bunch of legal minds on this forum. What do you now if your defending Hunter Biden?? I do not believe any lawyer defending Hunter would ever let this case go to trial.
Actually, pretty routine....until it wasn't...

The judge did a proper job of pushing the two sides to be very clear about exactly what the expectations under the deal was, and as it was detailed, Hunter's side balked at the government not being clear that there would no further charges, having believed that meant all possible charges ...they stepped away, straightened that out, understanding that if there were other crimes related to his foreign dealings (not tax or guns) they could be charged...but when they came back the Judge asked them whether another aspect of the agreement was "Constitutional", or whether there was a separation of powers involved, with her needing to make a charging decision if Hunter violates his probation, instead of that being up the executive branch (prosecution). Both sides said no, the way they crafted it was fine, but the Judge then told them she wanted to see their arguments about that in writing. She also wants the plea deal to be very clearly spelled out in writing, making sure he wasn't agreeing to anything different than he intended. Gave them 30 days to file papers.

But the issue both sides have is convincing the judge to stamp the deal as done. They're in agreement, they're not actually fighting, but the "diversion" deal on the gun charge was sufficiently unusual that it appears that the judge is telling them to re-write it. It doesn't look to me like they will have any difficulty in doing so, rather than arguing that the way they'd done it was ok as is. Same effect.

Note, Hunter is not actually shielded from any charges such as NARA if that was found to have been violated. I'm sure he'd like this to end that question as well, but apparently that wasn't the prosecution's intent. Hunter's going to need to accept that risk. Pretty sure he will.

The legit concern he might have is that the GOP MAGA firebrands and Trump himself have made darn clear that they believe the DOJ actually should be used (when they regain power) as a weapon to go after political foes. It's extremely difficult to trust that a future MAGA DOJ would not force a prosecution merely for political retribution.

lay opinion above.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:16 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:49 pm So what happens next?? We have a good bunch of legal minds on this forum. What do you now if your defending Hunter Biden?? I do not believe any lawyer defending Hunter would ever let this case go to trial.
for

The judge did a proper job of pushing the two sides to be very clear about exactly what the expectations under the deal was, and as it was detailed, Hunter's side balked at the government not being clear that there would no further charges, having believed that meant all possible charges ...they stepped away, straightened that out, understanding that if there were other crimes related to his foreign dealings (not tax or guns) they could be charged...but when they came back the Judge asked them whether another aspect of the agreement was "Constitutional", or whether there was a separation of powers involved, with her needing to make a charging decision if Hunter violates his probation, instead of that being up the executive branch (prosecution). Both sides said no, the way they crafted it was fine, but the Judge then told them she wanted to see their arguments about that in writing. She also wants the plea deal to be very clearly spelled out in writing, making sure he wasn't agreeing to anything different than he intended. Gave them 30 days to file papers.

But the issue both sides have is convincing the judge to stamp the deal as done. They're in agreement, they're not actually fighting, but the "diversion" deal on the gun charge was sufficiently unusual that it appears that the judge is telling them to re-write it. It doesn't look to me like they will have any difficulty in doing so, rather than arguing that the way they'd done it was ok as is. Same effect.

Note, Hunter is not actually shielded from any charges such as NARA if that was found to have been violated. I'm sure he'd like this to end that question as well, but apparently that wasn't the prosecution's intent. Hunter's going to need to accept that risk. Pretty sure he will.

The legit concern he might have is that the GOP MAGA firebrands and Trump himself have made darn clear that they believe the DOJ actually should be used (when they regain power) as a weapon to go after political foes. It's extremely difficult to trust that a future MAGA DOJ would not force a prosecution merely for political retribution.

lay opinion above.
Back up the bus there keeper. Wasn't there already one MAGA AG that punted on prosecuting this case? :D
From all of the vicious attacks taken on AG Barr by the usual suspects on this forum it is hard for me to fathom another trump future AG that would be worse than Barr. You think Chris Christy could get the gig if he publicly apologized to trump? ;)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

What happens next?

The slightly tweaked plea agreement gets approved at the next hearing.

And maybe the judge tosses the gun charge. Thank Clarence Thomas for that. How ironic.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 pm

lay opinion above.
Back up the bus there keeper. Wasn't there already one MAGA AG that punted on prosecuting this case? :D
maybe you missed the news, cradle, but I'm talking Trump Unbound.
He's making very, very clear what he intends to do if given another chance...and MAGA GOP is demonstrating what they're willing to do.

Fortunately, I think Trump will be soundly beaten at the polls, but the risk is very real that he regains power and MAGA disregards all precedents and norms. Full scale retribution.

And yes, we know that there are much worse than Barr who will make themselves available. Unbound.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:35 pm What happens next?

And maybe the judge tosses the gun charge. Thank Clarence Thomas for that. How ironic.
I don't think the judge is in much of a mood right now to play footsies with Hunters legal team. The judge publicly announced just awhile ago that one of Hunters lawyers tried to scam her on the phone. Wait my bad.. that was just a simple case of being misunderstood. Not to keep picking on ggait but he did emphatically tell this forum how brilliant and prestigious this law firm was. Most really outstanding law firms would never attempt something as stupid as this stunt was.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:40 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 pm

lay opinion above.
maybe you missed the news, cradle, but I'm talking Trump Unbound.
He's making very, very clear what he intends to do if given another chance...and MAGA GOP is demonstrating what they're willing to do.

Fortunately, I think Trump will be soundly beaten at the polls, but the risk is very real that he regains power and MAGA disregards all precedents and norms. Full scale retribution.

And yes, we know that there are much worse than Barr who will make themselves available. Unbound.
I think you meant to say trump UNPLUGGED. :D If trump is ever elected again as POTUS I will give up all hope for this nation. I do not see a scenario where trump could ever win. I do think your Republican party is deep doo doo.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Yup. Totally routine stuff, but we have to attach conspiracies and uninformed angst-posts… because Hunter. Exhausting silliness while the world burns and Republicans perform little pirouettes for the YAs and Cradles of the world
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:54 pm

Yup. Totally routine stuff, but we have to attach conspiracies and uninformed angst-posts… because Hunter. Exhausting silliness while the world burns and Republicans perform little pirouettes for the YAs and Cradles of the world
Back up the steamroller counselor. I was already ridiculed roundly by your profession that this plea deal was a rock solid sure fire thing. Turns out the judge wasn't on board with you and your fellow legal eagles. In my world if your not a pathetic scumbag drug addict who pays his taxes and doesn't try to purchase a weapon illegally your ass wouldn't be in this situation to begin with now would it coaster? I bet that radical thought never crossed your mind did it? That is not performing pirouettes counselor. That is just laying out the bottom line. I don't care if it is trumps kid or Bidens kid, I would feel the same way I do right now. Justice was served today IMO.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Back up the steamroller counselor. I was already ridiculed roundly by your profession that this plea deal was a rock solid sure fire thing. Turns out the judge wasn't on board with you and your fellow legal eagles. In my world if your not a pathetic scumbag drug addict who pays his taxes and doesn't try to purchase a weapon illegally your ass wouldn't be in this situation to begin with now would it coaster? I bet that radical thought never crossed your mind did it? That is not performing pirouettes counselor. That is just laying out the bottom line. I don't care if it is trumps kid or Bidens kid, I would feel the same way I do right now. Justice was served today IMO.
Don't ya just love how they wrap everything up in a pretty bow, as if they have it all together. And yet, here we are with the POTUS' son walking a criminals razor edge, by represented by one of the most expensive law firms in the US, for something that is viewed as frivolous, and we should have just let it go. Oh, how they love to clutch their pearls, and minimize everything when their reflection is obscured.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:33 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Don't ya just love how they wrap everything up in a pretty bow, as if they have it all together. And yet, here we are with the POTUS' son walking a criminals razor edge, by represented by one of the most expensive law firms in the US, for something that is viewed as frivolous, and we should have just let it go. Oh, how they love to clutch their pearls, and minimize everything when their reflection is obscured.
There is the option a real man would have done... Plead guilty and accept the consequences even if that meant having to go to prison. That wasn't a viable option in Hunter Biden world. Why would it be? This is the same person who refuses to acknowledge his own daughter, his own flesh and blood even exists. :roll:
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

:lol: :lol: Funny how I provide facts and you crap on the cite, which was one of the only ones that included actual quotes from the legal teams. You must love working traffic court cases. ;)
I've done two traffic court cases in my 35 years of law practice. Both times representing myself. Was actually a lot of fun, and I got complete vindication both times!

Was never able to turn that expertise into a practice niche for paying clients for two reasons. First, I'm a deal lawyer not a litigator.

Second, the traffic court defendants didn't like the hourly rate that has a comma in it. Since I was a partner in two AmLaw 20 firms before semi-retiring, my rate wasn't really all that high.

Say hi to my friends at Latham next time you see them. Be sure to get back to us when that LW impersonation scheme gets sanctioned. But don't dally. I've probably only got another 20-25 years to live.

Cheers. AMF.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:45 pm
:lol: :lol: Funny how I provide facts and you crap on the cite, which was one of the only ones that included actual quotes from the legal teams. You must love working traffic court cases. ;)
I've done two traffic court cases in my 35 years of law practice. Both times representing myself. Was actually a lot of fun, and I got complete vindication both times!

Was never able to turn that expertise into a practice niche for paying clients for two reasons. First, I'm a deal lawyer not a litigator.

Second, the traffic court defendants didn't like the hourly rate that has a comma in it. Since I was a partner in two AmLaw 20 firms before semi-retiring, my rate wasn't really all that high.

Say hi to my friends at Latham next time you see them. Be sure to get back to us when that LW impersonation scheme gets sanctioned. But don't dally. I've probably only got another 20-25 years to live.

Cheers. AMF.
A lawyer that represents himself has a fool for a client. Did they let you go to the front of the line? The most frustrating part about going to court to fight a speeding ticket is this. You can arrive an hour early and sign in. You hope your case will be heard more quickly. Then the lawyers start showing up with their clients and guess what folks go to the front of the line? Why should the attorney be inconvenienced to have to wait until 11pm to have their case heard. Is that not a classic case of a 2 tier system of justice? 8-)
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

I waited my turn just like everyone else.

Gave me more time to polish my winning arguments.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:30 pm Gave me more time to polish my winning arguments.
:lol: Is PBJ winning?
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

The biggest result -- this doesn't end the Hunter saga & put a bow on it. The ongoing House investigation & hearings don't become irrelevant, they become even more influential. This isn't going away for Biden anytime soon. Archer is soon going before the House & Weiss says he'll testify after the Aug recess. He can't keep slow rolling this. It now sounds like guns & taxes aren't the only things being investigated. Hunter's not off the hook yet, after all. He's not getting the immunity he expected. Great work by his big boy law firm. McCarthy's talking about an impeachment inquiry. This does not forestall that. Now the House investigators can continue to do the work that Weiss has avoided.
ggait

Post by ggait »

:roll:

Return to “POLITICS”