The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is honor the goal or is competing the goal? I’m sure there’s examples of everything but don’t think this person speaks for all transgender people do they?

Cycling is odd too because men are generally heavier in terms of frame. Doesn’t seem like a sport where men have some inherent advantage over women. Did this person compete as a man and have success?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:29 pm
Is honor the goal or is competing the goal? I’m sure there’s examples of everything but don’t think this person speaks for all transgender people do they?

Cycling is odd too because men are generally heavier in terms of frame. Doesn’t seem like a sport where men have some inherent advantage over women. Did this person compete as a man and have success?
For Information Only: https://www.science.org/content/article ... pport-rule
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:50 pm

Its funny the anti LGTBQ crowd bugs out so much while their hero Joe Rogan of the psuedoscience pre eminence is very much into using testosterone, it's a bit of a thing in his crowd. Hope not too many of his acolytes had hair on their heads before starting.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Lung capacity is a big deal in cycling. Post pubescent men have way larger capacity.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

This suggests on a relative basis lung capacity is similar

https://err.ersjournals.com/content/31/ ... he%20sexes.

Lung volumes

On average, males are taller than females, and therefore have larger lungs. Population-based studies indicate that males have larger absolute lung volumes than females even when matched for height [9, 21]. However, relative lung volumes and capacities are similar between the sexes. For example, the ratio of functional residual capacity (FRC) to total lung capacity (TLC) is similar in males and females. That FRC/TLC is similar between the sexes suggests that the intrinsic elastic properties of the lung and chest wall are independent of sex.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:08 pm

Its funny the anti LGTBQ crowd bugs out so much while their hero Joe Rogan of the psuedoscience pre eminence is very much into using testosterone, it's a bit of a thing in his crowd. Hope not too many of his acolytes had hair on their heads before starting.
Gender confirmation treatment when convenient. HGH, boner pills, teststerone replacement therapy. And same on the women's side with estrogen replacement, nips and tucks and more. Tons of people on hormone therapy to make them feel more manly or womanly.

Surgeries and treatments for minors to confirm their born genders outweight trans treatments through the roof.

Again it's all a wedge issue, otherwise the right would be condemning the surgeries and treatments for these kids tenfold. It's abnormal about the obsession. Hilarious if it didn't destroy these kids and adults lives.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:38 pm

Gender confirmation treatment when convenient. HGH, boner pills, teststerone replacement therapy. And same on the women's side with estrogen replacement, nips and tucks and more. Tons of people on hormone therapy to make them feel more manly or womanly.

: :D :D :D
Last edited by runrussellrun on Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:38 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:08 pm

Surgeries and treatments for minors to confirm their born genders outweight trans treatments through the roof.

Again it's all a wedge issue, otherwise the right would be condemning the surgeries and treatments for these kids tenfold. It's abnormal about the obsession. Hilarious if it didn't destroy these kids and adults lives.
Had a friend in college who insisted horse steroids were ok in moderate doses….he never raged or anything, super fall actually. But he always seemed removed from the petty, stupid and surreal stuff most kids at Hobart were doing. Don’t ask how I was…
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Pretty interesting take by Jennifer.
Worth the minute and a half watch, IMO.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 1c88&ei=10
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:20 am Pretty interesting take by Jennifer.
Worth the minute and a half watch, IMO.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 1c88&ei=10
You still seem very focused on the one side…regardless of how I feel on the topic.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

Did you listen to her?
A HS boy's team beats the best woman's team the country has to offer?
Explain that one to me.
I've been pretty clear on how I feel about it all. Where is the cut off
(no pun intended) with transgenders competing with the gender they
identify with? There have been some stories lately of people who
have transitioned much later in life (wayyyy beyond 10, 11, 12) and
still competed against those of the gender they identify with. How
do you make that call?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:20 am Did you listen to her?
Explain that one to me.
do you make that call?
I definitely don’t have the answers which means I revert to the primal question of “what is the challenge or problem to be solved here?”

And as an “originalist” (made up but meant to jab at constitutionalist and people who lean too hard on precedent) might agree the answer is:

Helping some small, whatever, size but still human beings and citizens, who are suffering in many cases in an extremely painful and anguishing way, to assimilate more fairly as fellow human beings and citizens in with the rest of us?”

Doesn’t mean let them do whatever they want or freely trample all over everyone else, but the focus should be on that in attempting to solve or answer this question.

Instead it’s, “look at how those weirdos and disgraceful people are abusing our poor children once every four score and seven years which should weight many multiples of any concerns those freaks have with existing on this planet.”

That’s all.

I felt like the Billy Jean King #1 beating a MAN was kind of an overstated joke too as she beat a semi retired due two facades older. It almost struck me as unhelpful to the cause to parade that around. Also why the only way I ever get in WNBA is if my daughter does. They just don’t play above the rim enough.

*Billy Jean King match: before I was born but got all the stories from both parents, an irrational liberal from Long Island and a conservative rural small village born (but with empathy and intellectual curiosity just lacking access) who migrated leftward in his later years which is to say the 2000s (and also had more than a passing but temporal relationship w Jack Kemp randomly and of that type).
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:20 am Did you listen to her?
Explain that one to me.
do you make that call?
My short answer off the cuff with little data behind it: 13-14 area. I could be persuaded a little either way probably.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If my age area is even close to equilibrium then that’s a small number in the grand scheme because it’s unlikely that the number of sub 12/13yr old gender changes occur in any year is high anytime in my lifetime.

So a small slice between that is theoretical risk to all the girls out there. Probably lower than mortalities from Tylenol in the long run.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

The Riggs-King Battle Of The Sexes was a joke, the epitome of selling the sizzle. There was never a question (in my mind) that Riggs wouldn't be able to keep up with King at that stage in their lives. It's all good that it promoted women's sports and helped the cause but as far as proving anything, it didn't.
Connors and Navratilova in '92 (King-Riggs was '73) played each other, these two were much closer in age, Jimmy being 4 years older. Jimmy beat her and there were rules that favored Martina....my all time favorite woman tennis player, she was incredible!!
United States Martina Navratilova.5...2
United States Jimmy Connors.......7...6
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:04 pm The Riggs-King Battle Of The Sexes was a joke, the epitome of selling the sizzle. There was never a question (in my mind) that Riggs wouldn't be able to keep up with King at that stage in their lives. It's all good that it promoted women's sports and helped the cause but as far as proving anything, it didn't.
Connors and Navratilova in '92 (King-Riggs was '73) played each other, these two were much closer in age, Jimmy being 4 years older. Jimmy beat her and there were rules that favored Martina....my all time favorite woman tennis player, she was incredible!!
United States Martina Navratilova.5...2
United States Jimmy Connors.......7...6
I don't know why there wasn't a "question: Riggs had just beaten the #2 woman, Margaret Court, badly, embarrassingly. King had the advantage of having seen his tactics and was not thrown off by all the trick shots....both tactically and emotionally, she was prepared for the hoopla.

Moreover, there are those who believe that Riggs "threw" the match because he owed mobsters $100k. The money was on Riggs to win...
DMac

Post by DMac »

There wasn't a question in my mind because I thought Riggs was too old and slow to keep up with Billy Jean, to say nothing of his being a complete aszwhole who damn well deserved to get beat by King. He poked the bear a little too hard and a little too often and got what he deserved.
As for the conspiracy theory, I have no idea.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:40 pm There wasn't a question in my mind because I thought Riggs was too old and slow to keep up with Billy Jean, to say nothing of his being a complete aszwhole who damn well deserved to get beat by King. He poked the bear a little too hard and a little too often and got what he deserved.
As for the conspiracy theory, I have no idea.
all fair and I had the feeling King would win as well...but he'd just beaten Margaret Court, no slouch.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Genetic women beating other women in sports by taking drugs is much, much, much, much, much, much, much more prevalent than trans kids winning. No peep about that though.

Meanwhile Italy starts removing lesbian mothers’ names from children’s birth certificates - So much for "think about the kids" argument. Yet again. and again. and again. and again.

And more anti-gay laws being enacted in Africa due to the American Religious Right. A decade in jail for being gay. Yay. Saving the kids again I supposed. I forget where Jesus said "jail the gays". Hopefully the religious right follows suit with cotton/poly shirts and shrimp scampi. Heathens.

And hundreds of anti-gay and anti-trans laws hurting real Americans just trying to exist are weaving their way through state governments.

But sure, a couple dozen trans athletes across the country are the problem dmac and others need to focus their hate on right now. It's so much more important.

DMAC, ever wonder why the right wing media wants you to focus on this insignificant and normally self-correcting issue instead of other issues?

Return to “POLITICS”